Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Fan Made Fallout beats Duke Nukem Forever & AoD

Jason

chasing a bee
Tags: Fallout 2

<b><a href="http://www.fanmadefallout.com/?chapter=About" target="blank">Fan Made Fallout</a></b> is heading out of VaporwareVille and into our hearts and harddrives sometime next week.
<br>
<blockquote>But really, it's not that big of a delay. What we want to do is push the launch a few days until Wednesday, February 4th. This will give our script lead time to finish up the build and prepare it for launch. On the 4th we'll release the pre-beta so that you all can start messing around in game while we finish some last minute details.
<br>

<br>
Then, on February 8th we'll release the second upload for the beta. This will be the complete initial launch. The plan from there is to update the build weekly and impliment the rest of our quest list and features for the beta launch.
<br>

<br>
Frankly, we would have loved to put more in at launch but there really are only two scripter doing 4 years worth of work in a very short period of time. So we also very much appreciate the understanding that it's a big task for a very small team. </blockquote>
<br>
We haven't confirmed this yet, but word on the streets is that FMF will incorporate elements of Volourn's legendary Neverwinter Nights Rape Mod. Stay tuned....
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.duckandcover.cx/">DAC</A>

Rohit_N

Prophet
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I remember learning about this in early 2006, and how the demo would be released by the end of 2007 or the project would be canceled.

I can't wait for this.

Ion Flux

Savant
Project: Eternity
Rohit, this demo takes place near us. I've always wanted to see this place hit by a nuclear holocaust, and then roam the wasteland looking for surviving Houstonians so I can shoot them.

orao

Novice
Finally, the real 'sequel' of sorts to Fallout 1+2. Fallout 3 was never made as far as I'm concerned.

inwoker

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
But it is nothing compared to Bethesda Fallout 3. It doesn't have 3d graphics and shit. It has some archaic turn-based combat system which is shit compared to next-gen VATS system.

DarkUnderlord
Project Creator

Sebastian of the Wastes
Project Leader

Agrajag
Project Advisor – Scripting, Writing, Design

Dj_Unique
Creater of the Dialogue Tool, Scripting Expert

Temaperacl
Scripting Lead

rockfx01
Assistant Scripting Lead

genz44
Scripting

Sabel
Lead Artist

AltraWave7
Mapper

ReaverJoe
Artist

Any codexors in that list (aside from the bitcher)?

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
The Brazilian Slaughter said:
Shelter is using FOT graphics, though they're bound to switch to something else when they can.

We already started this process. 2 reasons - upping base resolution, and being recognized as a standalone game.

Kos_Koa

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
shihonage said:
We already started this process. 2 reasons - upping base resolution, and being recognized as a standalone game.
You'll never achieve that, for we know the truth. THE TRUTH!!!

But seriously, I'm liking all these projects finally emerging. It's like the saying, "put your money were your mouth is." and you guys having piles of money in your mouth. Way to show the nay sayers how to put the 'role' back in RPG. Good luck shihonage, DU, and of course VD.

Shoelip

Arbiter
I just ignored all info on FMF. It made waiting allot easier when I couldn't even remember it existed most of the time.

I'll play it when it comes out, though I guess I'll have to buy a new copy of FO2 from GOG.

What I'm really interested in though is Shelter. One thing that's irked me in video games for a while now is that combat is pretty much always to the death, at least for enemies. I'm looking forward to seeing how this non-lethal combat thing works out.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom