Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play Melirinda's Icewind Dale 2 Mod!

Rohit_N

Prophet
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Talonfire said:
Let's do it!

This is my first time playthrough of IWD2 as well as my first Let's Play, so I hope I get this right. Feel free to offer help if I need it throughout the game.

Before the mod is finished installing, I'm given a choice to install an optional component:

I'm...really not sure what the point of this is. Are female Mage Gnome avatars ugly or something? Anyway, I choose not to install anything.

The Menu. Obviously we choose New Game.

According to the readme, I can import the full party Sir Nord's Company. So I'll do just that.

The party includes: Sir Nord, Hildury, Diriel, Jaemal, Salomeya, and Nikosh Bracegirdle (the only one with a last name). If you remember, Sir Nord is the guy in Wyrmlord' post here. From the readme:
The mod is rated M, for coarse language and adult situations. You can go to T rating if you exclude Salomeya and Sir Wind Nord from the party and tell the eligible characters that you are not interested in their romantic advances.
Fun.

The party has its own description, as well.

The Prologue. Where have I heard that voice before...?

Talking to Kerdos. From what I've seen, there aren't any dialog options that end this conversation differently. No matter, we're here to kill some goblins.

Not 5 seconds after I gain control of my characters, they're already bantering.

The screen barely changes during the whole conversation, so the next pictures will be smaller.

Anyone suspect a romance between Sir Nord and Hildury? EDIT: There isn't.

According to his biography, Nikosh grew up as a thief and eventually set up a shop in Waterdeep before joining the party.

According to his biography, Sir Nord is a commoner by his speech and "compensates for his lack of refinement with a healthy doze(sp?) of common sense."

Here's the sound file that plays when you first select Sir Nord.

Here's another.

And another.

Here's one that plays when you tell him to go somewhere.

Salomeya's a bard, so she's got this covered. I doubt I'll be using this, though.

Down-to-earth...parts. What's she referring to?

Oh.

Sir Nord, being all noble again.

According to his biography, Jaemal was born with divine blood, and so was "cut at an early age, in hopes to catalyze the arcane gift not uncommon in beings of such ancestry."

Not very nice, is she?

It's this ability that allowed Nikosh to start his antique business.

Hiding again.

"Nature's servant awaits."

One thing I don't understand - shouldn't these guys have traded their stories...while travelling on the boat?

And that's it for our first banter. I'll try to work more on my narration next time. I'm not a very funny person.

Is there anything else I should post? Do people want to see character stats or biographies? I suppose some want to critique Melirinda's writing, so...

Tigranes

Arcane
Didn't we have an abortive attempt at this before?

First time seeing this, it's actually not that bad so far. Nothing original and the delivery is awkward, but nothing facepalm. (Oh god, what am I saying?)

Wyrmlord

Arcane
"...inner conflict gives him a troubling bitter aura"

This is deep original stuff. It's already promising.

I wonder what it's gonna be like, Avellone's writing mixed in with Melirinda's. Would it be hard to tell the difference?

Rohit_N

Prophet
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I've got nothing better to do (Actually, I can play the game some more).

Sir Nord:

Hildury:

Diriel:

Jaemal:

Salomeya (Apparently she does have a last name):

Nikosh:

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
Does the mod have character portraits? It would be nice to attach faces to all these names.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
* Diriel, a Neutral Evil Elven Druid Male (A Romantic Option for the Elven Female PC)
* Hildury, a Chaotic Good Half-Orc Barbarian Female
* Jaemal, a Neutral Good Aasimar Sorcerer Male (A Romantic Option for a Male or Female PC)
* Nikosh Bracegirdle, a True Neutral Halfling Rogue Male
* (Sir) Wind Nord, a Lawful Good Human Paladin Male
* Peony, a Chaotic Neutral Gnome Wizard-Illusionist Female (A Romantic Option for a Male PC)
* Prachi, a Lawful Neutral Human Monk Female
* Rizdaer, a Lawful Evil Drow Fighter Male (A Romantic Option for a Female PC)
* Salomeya, a Chaotic Evil Half-Elven Bard Female (A Romantic Option for a Male PC)
* Valeero, a Neutral Good Human Priestess of Lathander Female

D:

Fuck the gnome first.

Also, it seems Evil alignment is almost a requirement for a romance for Merilinda.

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
it already has more dept then oblivion and fallout 3 combined before you get off the boat. Incredible !

Radisshu

Prophet
It's much better than the Bishop romance's writing, but still pretty bad.

But all that banter before even getting off the damn ship? What the hell, quantity does not equal quality.

Rohit_N

Prophet
Patron
If you're quick, you can get off the boat before the banter starts. But yeah, pretty much seven seconds after you talk to Kerdos.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
That banter is incredibly boring. It's not even worth the lulz value. :/

I'm sure the romance dialogue will provide something, though!

Andhaira

Arcane
Tellmeabout this mod. Does it add recruitable party members with banter?

Worm King

Scholar
Darth Roxor said:
I fucking hate you for being able to launch IWD2.

IWD is nothing more than a greedy attempt to leech off the BG fame with as least effort as possible, anyway. God, what a horrible game it is, as all dungeon crawlers, but IWD especially because of the uninteresting char system.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Stfu, cockmonger.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom