Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Exciting RPGs coming in 2009

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
EuroGamer have <a href="http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/coming-attractions-mmos-and-rpgs-article">gone done looked ahead at upcoming RPGs</a>:
<blockquote><b>Star Attraction</b>
Final Fantasy XIII

<b>Supporting Cast (in alphabetical order)</b>
Borderlands
Dragon Age: Origins
<blockquote>BioWare fans recently discomfited by space, Sonic and the prospect of other people can draw deep draughts of comfort from Dragon Age's handsome revivalism. It might not bear the Baldur's Gate name, but this is straight from the D&D old school and proud of it. Choose your own adventure - as long as it's epic enough to trump Tolkien.</blockquote>Dragon Quest IX
The Witcher: Rise of the White Wolf
</blockquote>
Admit it, it's all over. Give up hope now. Dragon Age: Origins RPG GOTY 2009 due to lack of competition.

Spotted @ <a href="http://www.rpgwatch.com">rpgwATCH</a>

LCJr.

Erudite
I was expecting a blank list but this is actually worse.

a_med_shot3_ffxiii.jpg.jpg

Is this a trap? I can't tell anymore with this series.

pkt-zer0

Scholar
Well, better than 2008, AKA the year of Fallout 3. That's not saying much, I know.

Unradscorpion

Arbiter
pkt-zer0 said:
Well, better than 2008, AKA the year of Fallout 3. That's not saying much, I know.
Rages and flames still make the year better for an RPG Forum than the mild an uneventful year.

But hopefully AoD will stir things up a bit.

Turok

Erudite
Still cant understand why ppl invest on video cards and super quad cores computers with dd3, dont tell me is for WOW...

FalloutBR

Educated
According to the text, Sahz has a deep love for chocobos, likes the color green, and dual-wields pistols.

Chocobo = Tuned cars ?
Lime Green = Pimps?
Dual-wield pistols = Gangsta?

Oh well, when I thought that the FF franchise couldn't get any lower after OD'ing on emo culture... guess they have to cater to the GTA San Andreas fanbase too now.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
FalloutBR said:
guess they have to cater to the GTA San Andreas fanbase too now.
Except San Andreas mocked the gangsta "lifestyle" and rappers from start to finish. One of the best parts about it.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Final Fantasy has black characters now. When are they going to start making Asian ones?

Thrasher

Erudite
Who needs new games when you can replay Arcanum for the 20th time?

bat_boro

Arcane
JarlFrank said:
That Borderlands game has a cool trailer.

It does, indeed, but I thought it would be more of a FPS with stats than RPG, which is still cool with me, because there are going to be guns... a hell of a lot of guns :)

Another RPG that I really hope will be good is Obsidian's Aliens RPG
This universe is so made of win that if Obsidian manage to take the most of it, we could as well have one of the best RPGs/most atmospheric games of recent years

MetalCraze

Arcane
Applegate's Breasts said:
a_med_shot3_ffxiii.jpg.jpg

Is this a trap? I can't tell anymore with this series.

Yeah it's a trap. It's a model that was used for FF7 movie to represent Cloud.
It has dick all right.

Gwendo

Augur
It's official that FF13 will be released in the West only in 2010.

Which is fine. Who want's to play androgynous faggots?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom