Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arcanum Soundtrack, Now in High Quality!

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
I'm proud to say that after all these years the Arcanum soundtrack is finally available in high quality! By a stroke of luck, one of the few promotional CDs that were distributed in Europe for free was found.

The soundtrack was never released commercially, and all we had were the mp3 (128 kbps) version that Sierra made available for free download and the in-game version, which had the same quality. But since the mp3 files were available for free download, one would assume that distributing the uncompressed tracks is also legal, but alas Sierra never released them.

A few weeks ago I found a person (who preferred to stay anonymous) that had a promotional CD and was willing to share the original tracks with everyone. And now the Arcanum soundtrack is here, in all its glory!

Terra-Arcanum is proud to present you the Arcanum soundtrack in lossless quality!

DOWNLOAD THE SOUNDTRACK (21 tracks, WAV format, 265 Mb)

The soundtrack has also been converted for the in-game use. While you can download the MP3 version (320 kbps) (101 Mb), it's also possible to use the original wave tracks in the game with the help of this small patch.

I'd like to thank Mr. Houge for his magnificent and moving music. Only thanks to this fine gentleman we can enjoy such a unique work. He poured a great deal of love and attention into his music and it's greatly appreciated. I encourage everyone to read his notes and comments on the soundtrack.

And most importantly, if you're interested in Arcanum and its soundtrack please consider purchasing a CD if the soundtrack ever gets a commercial release.

MIRRORS:

Original Soundtrack (Lossless WAV)
Mirror 1 (courtesy of ComputerGames.ro)

In-game MP3 version (320 kbps)

Patch for the WAV version to be used in-game

Starwars

Arcane
Many thanks, this soundtrack is awesome. Such a unique choice for a gaming soundtrack as well, and it fits the game perfectly.

I'd totally buy it were it released.

Oeolycus

Novice
This is awesome! Thank you Drog, thank you anonymous European, thank you Mr. Houge!

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
In before JF will fap himself to death thanks to this thread.

Hail Drog!
:21 gun salute:

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Added mirrors by ComputerGames.ro, a big thanks goes to Bossman!

I'd encourage everyone to make more mirrors available for easier transfer of this gem. Just PM me a link and I'll add it to the first post.

Hory

Erudite
The soundtrack may fit the time period, but I don't think it really fits the game.

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
And there I was thinking that all epic moments of the year 2008 on the Codex have passed...! This should score high in the "2008" retrospective thread (and official news post, when someone take the trouble to write it)

Excellent work Drog!

Dabrinko

Educated
Awesome, Awesome!

Diamonds for Drog and The Anonymous European, your name shall always be revered and remembered!

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
racofer said:
Where the fuck is Jarl? Did he die when he read this?

Yes I did. But I still had the Arcanum music on my playlist and was resurrected immediately.

This is just goddamn fucking awesome. You should put a link to this in the patch thread, Drog, if you haven't already. It's wonderful.

mu

Novice
Amazing! This completely makes up for another lousy year for RPGs. *goes and listens to the theme obsessively once again*

Kingston

Arcane
I lack the wit to put something hilarious here
winnar.jpg

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Hory said:
I don't think it really fits the game.

Agreed. The string quartet was interesting at first but then it got old. It would have been more effective if it was only used in key moments.

The soundtrack may fit the time period

No. 1800s? Think Wagner, Mahler, Braums, Berlioz, etc... In other words, large orchestra.

made

Arcane
I approve of all the Arcanum goodness popping up on the Codex lately.

...but why are the files in an executable and not a normal archive?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom