Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review New Wave Gaming drools all over KOTOR

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

<a href=http://www.newwavegaming.com>New Wave Gaming</a> decided to join the celebration of <a href=http://www.bioware.com>BioWare</a>'s latest masterpiece and show their support by giving <a href=http://www.bioware.com/games/knights_old_republic>KOTOR</a> <b>8.6 out of 10</b>.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>The one thing that can be safely said about KotOR's gameplay is wow. Never before has a game engaged a sense of wonderment as has KotOR's, not even any of Bioware's other offerings.
<br>
KotOR doesn't suffer from a poorly presented or bad story, in fact is one of the best stories told this century.
<br>
Star Wars geeks, such as the reviewer, would easily give this game a ten just for the fact that this is the first truly great Star Wars game, and it is.</blockquote>
<br>
It’s always hard to take a review seriously when it’s full of shit. KotOR does have a lot of good points, but its story is far from being the best of the century and it deviates far enough from the Star Wars universe to be called DnD in space.
<br>

Vault Dweller

Developer
Property? As in "to do with as we please"? Nobody said nothing about no property :)

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
And, when they say everything; they mean EVERYTHING.

VD, you've been warned.

KOTOR's story is very good; but one of the best of the century is a bit much; I'd say. :twisted:

Vault Dweller

Developer
Volourn said:
KOTOR's story is very good; but one of the best of the century is a bit much; I'd say.
How is it good? Gigantic SPOILERS below:

2 guys discovered a secret weapon, fell to the DS, one of them got caught and got used to stop the other guy. Nothing spectacular and breathtaking. Almost all amnesiac stories are about an uber powerful guy who slowly rediscover his past and recover his powahs. Total Recall handled the "you used to be a bad guy twist" much better. Also, if the Jedi had failed and you know who you are right away then things could have been more interesting, imo.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Role-Player said:
You have now been assimilated by the RPG Codex staff. Resistance is futile. Have a nice day :)

Hope you do well, VD.
Thanks. I have joined the Unity! :D

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Vault Dweller said:
Almost all amnesiac stories are about an uber powerful guy who slowly rediscover his past and recover his powahs. Total Recall handled the "you used to be a bad guy twist" much better.

I daresay Torment used this much better, because in his past "lives", the Nameless One had been both good and evil, and it was up to us to guide him, forge a new path, considering his past while not clinging too much to it.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Volourn said:
Fine. I was wrong. The story sucks.
Are you ok? I thought that we are going to argue about the story for several pages. Where is your fighting spirit? :)

Spazmo

Erudite
You've got a great new argument to use too: "I don't need to put up with this--I'm a staff member now. GROVEL MORTALS!"

EEVIAC

Erudite
I'd congratulate you, VD, but when you break it down - more work for no more money - there isn't really much to congratulate you on.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Thanks again to those who wished me well. I like the concept of the Codex, I like the people this concept attracted, so I'm glad to have a chance to contribute something and help the team.

To all those who didn't post in my first uber news thread, I'd like to say:

I don't need to put up with this--I'm a staff member now !
So, anybody who failed to post something meaningful in one of my threads will be banned with extreme prejudice, start posting, folks :lol:

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
First news post and allready using the "blue" language, your parents must be proud :P

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Nothing personal. Those who disagree with RPGCodex get mocked. They ain't signaling you out. :lol:

Northernlion

Novice
Yeah, I was just kidding around anyway. I'm just a bit surprised that you actually cared enough about our little venture to post our review. Although, I'm guessing you found it on Game Rankings.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
No, it's not me. RPGCodex would eb the first to say i don't re[present them in any fashion. In fact, they may have to trash you more as linking them to me is an unsult to their pride and ego. :shock: :wink:

Northernlion

Novice
I was just using "you" as a generalization, I didn't mean it as a reference to RPGCodex.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Northernlion said:
I'm just a bit surprised that you actually cared enough about our little venture to post our review
We care about everyone, we are just that kind of a community :)

It's always nice to come to a new forum and see your site being mocked.
Well, I'm sure that Bioware fan-sites love and admire you, so overall it balances out :) Out of curiousity though, how many stories did you read last century?

Vault Dweller

Developer
Volourn said:
No, it's not me. RPGCodex would eb the first to say i don't re[present them in any fashion. In fact, they may have to trash you more as linking them to me is an unsult to their pride and ego. :shock: :wink:
lol, that's a good one :lol:

Northernlion

Novice
Vault Dweller said:
Northernlion said:
I'm just a bit surprised that you actually cared enough about our little venture to post our review
We care about everyone, we are just that kind of a community :)

It's always nice to come to a new forum and see your site being mocked.
Well, I'm sure that Bioware fan-sites love and admire you, so overall it balances out :) Out of curiousity though, how many stories did you read last century?

I didn't write the review for the PC version, but in the Xbox version (which I gave a higher score, incidentally) I don't remember saying anything that extravagant. :D

Vault Dweller

Developer
Northernlion said:
I didn't write the review for the PC version, but in the Xbox version (which I gave a higher score, incidentally) I don't remember saying anything that extravagant. :D
Yep, you are right, it was Brigandier who'd responsible for over-the-top lines, although you are guilty of thinking that "the combat is turn-based but it tricks you into thinking you’re playing a real-time game" and calling NWN "truly amazing". Well, seeing that these are your first-time offenses against common sense, we gonna give you a warning and let it slide this time. :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom