Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Raider Sadist Armor? Seriously?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
invjn3.jpg

The inventory screen is a fucking console abomination, btw.

MOAR screens

Mojo

Scholar
Ouch. I guess they can't really make a nice interface for an xbox controller though.

Man, I remember that old screenshot where the sheriff actually looked decent. Maybe that was photoshopped or they recycled him, but he deffinately looks shitty now (specially the face and hat) :

http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=3126

There's some great looking stuff there though, specially megaton. Too bad the town concept is so stupid.

Cthulhugoat

Arbiter
Damn, a sadist and a masochist faction fighting for the last pieces of S&M gear in the wasteland... Awesome sense of humor.

They're not actually giving the player humongous amounts of ammo like in the screenshot, right? That'd annihilate the need for any ammo at all.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=3126
Seriously what is this? Wha... wha... what the fuck west?

Vault Dweller

Developer
Cthulhugoat said:
Damn, a sadist and a masochist faction fighting for the last pieces of S&M gear in the wasteland... Awesome sense of humor.

They're not actually giving the player humongous amounts of ammo like in the screenshot, right? That'd annihilate the need for any ammo at all.
Stop being so fucking selfish. Think of teh children. How can they enjoy their shooter if the ammo is limited?

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Cthulhugoat said:

You're forgetting how Beth works. By the end game, every super mutant will have level scaled so many hp that they will require hundreds of bullets each. From your sniper rifle. While VATSing them in the head.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Think of teh children.

Ah, why did you make me click.

Seriously, links to Bethesda's forums should replace those to goatse and meatspin. It's much worse.

But then, when out of morbid curiosity I do read a couple of posts and suddenly I feel like telling them nicely to ask their parents for forgiveness I find the topic is locked. Ah, Bethesda, you torment me so. :(

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"The inventory screen is a fucking console abomination, btw."

I didn't know Fo was a console game as FO3's inventory can't really be any worse. L0L

Vault Dweller

Developer
Uh, no.

Anyway...

Jeff: It’s interesting to see the repair system. It’s not like it was in Oblivion, where you have to use repair hammers. Instead, if you have duplicates of an item, you take those duplicates and put them into your highest-quality one, which in turn gets repaired. It’s a lot like Two Worlds, oddly enough. So if you have a helmet that’s in really bad condition and you have five duplicates, you stack them up and end up with one helmet that’s in decent shape. That works with weapons, too.
Nick: People said, “Oh, it’s just going to be Oblivion and Fallout,” but a lot of the stuff was already in Fallout. The looting, the bartering and all that crazy stuff. The thing is, Bethesda basically transitioned it into an Oblivion-style view, which is really just a first-person view. It’s not so much that they blended the two, it’s just that the Elder Scroll games matched the Fallout games so well to begin with. It wasn’t anything that they needed to force, really.
Jeff: I got addicted to Med-X, which is a pretty cool item. It basically increases your resistance to damage, but after I took a bunch of it and the effects wore off, the screen got blurry for a little while and I got a warning saying that I could get hooked to the stuff if I wasn’t careful. I wasn’t careful, and the last time I took it the screen turned red once I sobered up and I got the message saying that I was now addicted, so unless I kept taking it I would suffer some consequences.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
It’s not so much that they blended the two, it’s just that the Elder Scroll games matched the Fallout games so well to begin with. It wasn’t anything that they needed to force, really.
This man should be shoot on sight.

fastpunk

Arbiter
Vault Dweller said:
Think of teh children. How can they enjoy their shooter if the ammo is limited?

You know, I'd really want to make some smart comment about what I read in that thread but... I got nothing. Perplexing to say the least.

It’s not so much that they blended the two, it’s just that the Elder Scroll games matched the Fallout games so well to begin with. It wasn’t anything that they needed to force, really.

This guy is like some sort of color blind person, only in this case, instead of colors you've got game genres.

Micmu

Magister
Seven items are now visible in that tabbed scrollfest shit, as opposed to bolivion's six. PROGRESS?
Oh and it's nice how they got lazy with art. Not even small icons anymore.

Shoelip

Arbiter
Hm, when Spore comes out we need to make a planet Bethesda full of Todd Howard and Pete Hines creatures. We can then blow it up. :)

Mareus

Magister
Well, maybe the raider sadist armor will look good on a chick, but I don't even want to imagine how it looks on a guy... LOL..

connery-zardoz.jpg

MisterStone

Arcane
You know, a Zardoz RPG would actually be pretty cool. In fact, it would almost certainly be better than that lame-ass movie. Still, there was some pretty good cheesecake on display in that film (no, I am not referring to Sean Connery).

Shoelip

Arbiter
Wooooyaaa

Douche off!!!

In the Red corner, weighting in at 110 pounds, we have arrogant elitist game developer Vince D. Weller. In the blue corner, weighing in at 289 pounds of FDA approved 10 percent lean humanlike flesh we have. Some stupid webcomic guy!

Alright *cough* ahem, gentlemen... *cough cough* Let's get ready to DOUUUUUUUCHE!

Hey VD, if you're lucky, someone will draw you being dismembered.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom