Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age dialogue video

Kingston

Arcane
I lack the wit to put something hilarious here
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/54356

Watching now.

Ridiculous shoulderpads look silly. Also, why do people insist on that assholy whingy British accent that I've never heard a Brit speak?

Four dialogue choices in a reply I saw, but do they lead to the same end???

Asshole king thinks only of glory and is totally inexperienced and naive how did I NOT SEE THAT COMING?

Engine appears impressive, lots of characters on screen. Though how well it performs is another matter.

The game certainly looks better than Mass Effect.

Motorcyclist_EatsIt.gif

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
Gaider, what the fuck. You promised us political intrigue and gave us a fucking Lord of the Rings game. What the fuck.

elander_

Arbiter
The Lord of the Rings had political intrigue and was very well written.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
You know. if you could choose which order you go into battle and which commands to give via dialogue tree's that'd be pretty bad ass. Doesn't look like you can though.

fizzelopeguss said:
You know. if you could choose which order you go into battle and which commands to give via dialogue tree's that'd be pretty bad ass. Doesn't look like you can though.
Because you aren't the leader of anything really. You're just some guy who just became a member of the Grey Wardens. Though it would be a good idea, they just won't do it like that.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
Yeah, low magic setting, political intrigue, blah-blah. Where is it? Looks more and more like fail.

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
elander_ said:
The Lord of the Rings was very well written.

fixed.

Dragon Age was supposed to be focused on political intrigue, according to Gaider. Lord of the Rings was focused on defeating an ancient evil, and apparently so is DA: Origins.

elander_

Arbiter
Jaime Lannister said:
Dragon Age was supposed to be focused on political intrigue, according to Gaider. Lord of the Rings was focused on defeating an ancient evil, and apparently so is DA: Origins.

You meen political intrigue as in a king that betrays his people by a shady agreement with a wizard? Yes Lord of the Rings has it and much more.

It's looks obvious that in that short video they are trying to show a bit of political intrigue too.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
They claimed DA will be a spiritual successor to BG, but they failed to introduce one of the feautures of BG i liked very much: feeling that it takes a long time for your charachter to get powerful. Thanks to entire first game having level cap of 7, when you reach this level 7 you have a feeling that you were adventuring for a long time. And when you became nearly god-like in ToB, you have two huges games behind, your power feels... how to say it... deserved, logical, a consequence of your numerous adventures. Since we ,apparently ,will be helping a king to save the world in the first game already, it seems i can forget about this feature in DA.
Btw, helping a king to stop some disease(or whatever)? That's kind of gay. I can understand that such an "epic" game cannot have "boring" story of some dude in charge of trading company trying to become a ruler of just one city(wat, he don't want to destroy a wurld? why?), but seriously, they could have came up with something better than this shit.
P.S. All of the above does not mean that game will not be entertaining for me.

Pegultagol

Erudite
I wonder how they rendered the battle scene, was that in-game? Looks like cinematic quality and the real gameplay graphics are getting more or less the same now. The faces sort of look plastic and shiny, the Blight design seems similar to the locusts from the Gears of War. Mass Effect used Unreal 3, does this game use it too?

The Dude

Liturgist
I actually liked most of that. If I have to be a subject of that naive king without being able to do some regicide or at least betray him I'll be disappointed though. The marshal or whatever is obviously thinking along those lines too. The orcs looked a bit different too, some mix between tritons, orcs and zombies. Agreed about the shoulder pads though, pretty silly. Also, too little dialogue responses displayed to form a real opinion about what options we get there.

I doubt that the battle is rendered in real time though, more likely it's rendered by the engine and saved as a movie, not totally sure though.

Heresiarch

Prophet
Plate armor twisting and moving around like leather/plastic/whatever flexible material is always fun to watch.

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
elander_ said:
Jaime Lannister said:

You meen political intrigue as in a king that betrays his people by a shady agreement with a wizard? Yes Lord of the Rings has it and much more.

It's looks obvious that in that short video they are trying to show a bit of political intrigue too.

Damn, you're right, GRRM has spoiled me.

I hope you'll at least get to choose which side you're on.

DefJam101

Arcane
Better than Mass Effect. Accent is pretty annoying, but tolerable I guess.

Armor design is pretty fail at certain points.

Jaime Lannister said:
I hope you'll at least get to choose which side you're on.
You mean between Ferelden and the Blight? I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be able to join the monsters.

spacemoose

Erudite
can't you just hear it in some gay elf's breaking alto: "for ferelden!"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom