Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Haircuts and different coloured clothing enhance The Witcher

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Tags: Witcher, The

<a href="http://au.pc.ign.com/articles/901/901689p1.html">IGN had a look at The Witcher's: Enhanced Edition</a> over at the Leipzig Games Convention. Here's what they noticed:
<br>
<blockquote>There's a long list of features being added to the title, but the one we noticed most were the improved load times, which were definitely shorter than the original release's. CD Projekt RED has also taken steps to add to the sense of variety in the game by making monsters and village-dwelling NPCs seem more varied. From the demo we got it seems as though townspeople, though they'll still share the same model, will wear different colored clothing and have a variety of haircuts. The same type of color variation has been applied to monsters as well.</blockquote>
<br>
Multi-coloured peasants will really enhance the town experience. They also talk about auto-loot, the ability to mix and match over nine different audio and subtitle tracks and mention that save games are fully compatible.
<br>
<br>
Thanks <b>Kthan75</b>!

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Rats, for a moment there I thought I was going to get a Fable-like fashion shop I could send Geralt to and dress him up in pretty costumes.

Fez

Erudite
So stylists will be opening up across the towns and dungeons? Can we look forward to monsters with the most fabulous hair this side of RPGdom?

Fez

Erudite
witchereemonsterxv0.gif

:?:

Lemunde

Scholar
Don't underestimate the power color can have on diversifying visuals. I have a side project game I'm working on that exclusively uses grayscale images and colors them in-game. It's a very simple technique that goes a long way in adding variety to a game without busting the budget on artwork. I don't know why more games don't take advantage of it. That being said this is something they should have added from the beginning. Like I said, it's not hard to do.

denizsi

Arcane
GroundZeroCrowds.jpg

vatican.jpg

Oh, look at all those people! Do they have to be so colourful and variant? Almost like each one of them got a stylist in the family. So unrealistic and mainstream.

GO CHINA! Keeping it hardcore!

26_chinese_crowd.jpg

J1M

Arcane
Inziladun said:
Different hair cuts and coloured clothing won't help much if they still all have the same face.
Since they all wear glasses that might be the key.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
denizsi said:
Oh, look at all those people! Do they have to be so colourful and variant? Almost like each one of them got a stylist in the family. So unrealistic and mainstream.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
DarkUnderlord said:
denizsi said:

good one :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom