Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeon Siege 3 - too much to manage in Dungeon Siege

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=146969

Gas Powered Games boss Chris Taylor has spoken of a third Dungeon Siege game.

Speaking exclusively to Eurogamer Germany, he said it would do away with the group focus of the previous games in favour a single hero similar to his current project Space Siege.

"There will be some things that are very much like Dungeon Siege 1 and 2, but some things will be simplified. I am done with multi-character parties; I really think that it's all going to be about a single hero. It's too much to manage.
Looks like we've hit rock bottom and started digging.

Look out for the full Chris Taylor interview on Eurogamer Germany later today.

Suicidal

Arcane
Why not just make the game play itself for you. That way it is assured that nothing will be too much to manage.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
They're... simplifying a screensaver...

In before Lyric Suite and Higher Game and decline of civilisation.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
It would seem that in the future if you'll want to play something a bit more complicated you'll have to launch Excel.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Suicidal said:
Why not just make the game play itself for you. That way it is assured that nothing will be too much to manage.
Both already did that...

A shame. I actually liked them, screen saver and all.

Chefe

Erudite
Simplified? Simplified Dungeon Siege? It already has a complexity rivaling that of Pong. There was nothing complex about multiple characters in DS. They controlled themselves. Hell, your character controlled himself.

Forget interactive screen saver. Dungeon Siege 3 is just going to be a screen saver. And I'm not talking about 3D pipes or the old Win 95 3D maze... I'm talking Beziers and Starfield.

Dark Elf

Erudite
Personally I hate the complexity of giving my character new equipment, characters ought to upgrade their equipment themselves to streamline gameplay.

Korgan

Arbiter
Angler said:
Forget interactive screen saver. Dungeon Siege 3 is just going to be a screen saver. And I'm not talking about 3D pipes or the old Win 95 3D maze... I'm talking Beziers and Starfield.
This is an insult to Starfield. One can stare at it for ages. I uninstalled DS1 after an hour of playing it and never bothered with it again. Why couldn't Chris just keep making games without a single humanoid being in them? TA and SupCom can at least be fun in certain circumstances.

Unradscorpion

Arbiter
I was crying and laughing simultaneously, and then started hitting myself with a bottle over the head.
This very news retard me.

pkt-zer0

Scholar
And just when I thought that modern RPGs would stop being roleplaying games by removing the roleplaying elements, Christ Taylor goes ahead and removes the game aspect instead.

Zakhal

Liturgist
Dark Elf said:
Personally I hate the complexity of giving my character new equipment, characters ought to upgrade their equipment themselves to streamline gameplay.

I remember playing som game in the nineties that was fully automated. The AI character searched dungeons, killed mobs, gathered loot/levels and shopped for better weapons all by itself without any input from the user. All you had to do was watch. It was like the best rpg ever.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
wonderer said:
What's Excel?

B000065AYD01LZZZZZZZ.jpg

IMO.

WalterKinde

Scholar
The Dungeon Siege, its official addons and Dungeon Siege 2 that i bought must have been a beta or something.
I am not a twitch kid but even i was able to handle group play in both games regardless of the shitty camera angles in the first one.
They seem to be addressing the wrong aspect here to improve the game series.

Fez

Erudite
Players without a pulse probably found it difficult to finish. Now they too will be able to enjoy a DS game.

racofer

Thread Incliner
And the day has come when FPS games have surpassed "RPGs" in terms of complexity and brain cells required to play.

More and more I believe about the 2012 Mayan predictions about world's end.

bgillisp

Scholar
I don't believe this! I quit DS2 as I was bored to tears with it, if anything it needs more complexity.

Guess I won't be buying DS3 then

Dark Elf

Erudite
So we all agree that RPG now means Repetetive Progress Generator?

I never finished DS2 either.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom