Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Planescape: Purgatorio art updates. (beware mega huge pics)

Starwars

Arcane
I think there was a thread about the first update, but there have been 2 more released. They look pretty awesome, I'm actually really impressed with the creatures showcased.

RDS_art_week_02_by_maggotmaster.jpg

I'm not sure, but I think I read somewhere that the Xaositect tower is mislabeled and is actually something else.

RDS_ArtWeek03_by_maggotmaster.jpg

Yep, they look great. Now we need those dialogue samples *coughMontycough*.

Nael

Arcane
Impressive work. We'll see how long it takes for some mucky-muck suit to tell them that they're outdoing someone else's work and give them a cease-and-desist order.

Starwars

Arcane
Heh, yeah. It was actually posted on their website forums that they were thinking of taking on a commercial opportunity, but decided to put it off for now in order to focus on getting Purgatorio finished and released. Nice of them.

Nael

Arcane
It'll also be interesting to see if those structures work in the given engine. They look pretty vast, much larger than anything seen in either NWN2 OC or MotB IIRC. I dunno if the Aurora engine will be able to handle such scales unless they approach it with detailed/volumetric backgrounds and skymaps a'la The Witcher.

Binary

Liturgist
Heh, if these had been pics of Oblivion, everyone would go "horrible", "graphix whores" etc. Since it has the name "Planescape" on top, everyone is having a mental orgasm.

The Codex, bringing you unbiased opinion since 1999...

scypior

Novice
Binary said:
Heh, if these had been pics of Oblivion, everyone would go "horrible", "graphix whores" etc. Since it has the name "Planescape" on top, everyone is having a mental orgasm.

It's natural. When you are looking at the pics made in the similar atmosphere as the game you love so much, you connect it with that game and automaticaly percept as something very good.

(Besides, they ARE good)

Wow, these look great.

And anyone who has played Oblivion knows that it looks mostly horrible, everyone has the face of mutated rubber horse and terrain farther than 3 meters away looks like play-doh. Then, though, monster design and architechture is halfway decent, I guess.

psycojester

Arbiter
Binary said:

Yeah, because you should definitely hold the work of a group of modders working on a project that they're passionate about should definately be held to the same fucking standards as professional developers getting paid for what they're doing.

As it is i think that these do look a lot better than oblivion, i like that the Mechanus creatures have a style distinct from the Slaad and that the art direction isn't bland ye olde englishe porridge. I also love the fact that the screen isn't drowned in bloom effects.

Long story short go fuck yourself, people like the design because it looks good, not because of a vendetta against oblivion.

fastpunk

Arbiter
Very impressive, though the slaads look more funny than intimidating. The hardware requirements for this mod will be a bit higher than MotB's by the looks of things.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
I think there was an animated .gif of that duodron that they showed on their forum.

Starwars

Arcane
Yep, and you can kinda catch a glimpse of the duodrons in the latest trailer.

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
How comes that "Vargouilles" are not "vargoyles" ? Is there a french mind behind it all ?

On a more serious note, how can any game lover be really exited about a NWN module ? This whole concept of real-time 3.5 AD&D is totally beyond redemption. Even with pause. :roll:

And please spare me the "better than nothing" apology. I want serious answers. :wink:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom