Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Tomasz Bagiński spills the beans – The Witcher will return?

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Tags: CD Projekt; Witcher, The

In case you don't know, Bagi&#324;ski is the guy behind the intro for The Witcher and some obscure Oscar-nominated <A HREF="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJ--qAaRaNg">stuff</A> no one really understands. The above mentioned individual was interviewed by a Polish TV station called <A HREF="http://www.tvncnbc.pl/">TVN CNBC Business</A> and, as <A HREF="http://www.gry-online.pl/S013.asp?ID=37850">gry-online.pl</A> reports, said for example the following:
<br>
<br>
<blockqoute><p>*Tomasz Bagi&#324;ski - Prawdopodobnie b&#281;d&#281; te&#380; uczestniczy&#322; w kolejnych ods&#322;onach gry Wied&#378;min [...]
<br>
* Prowadz&#261;cy - No w&#322;a&#347;nie, a zatem Wied&#378;min, kolejna ods&#322;ona powstanie kiedy, za dwa lata najwcze&#347;niej czy mo&#380;e za rok?
<br>
* Tomasz Bagi&#324;ski - Wcze&#347;niej, pó&#322;torej roku oni chyba planuj&#261;. </p></blockqoute>
<br>
<br>
Translation:
<br>
<br>
<blockqoute><p>* Tomasz Bagi&#324;ski - It's likely that I will be involved in further installments of The Witcher [...]
<br>
* Interviewer - All right, The Witcher. So, when will the next game be made? Two years earliest, but perhaps one?
<br>
* Tomasz Bagi&#324;ski - Sooner, I think they're aiming at eighteen months.</p></blockqoute>
<br>
<br>
Discuss! Or rather, play the game and save often to avoid clipping bugs. (Damn!)
<br>
<br>
<br>
Thanks for letting us know, <strong>Mor</strong>!
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.gry-online.pl">gry-online.pl</A><br>

AnalogKid

Scholar
WTF!!!? After all the recent craptacular drama about takeovers, revolutions, being overrun and all, now there's a consipiracy afoot to turn this place into the Poilsh Codex!?

You think you're being clever and subtle, posting news in the open on the front page, but I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE!

BAN ALL POLES! BAN ALL POLES!

(P.S. Is it just a coincidence and Polish devs happen to have similar sensibilities, or is it just that a lot of Codex posters are Polish?)

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
Yay, one of my favourite codex members is news a poster now :D

18 months? Sounds damn short. I dunno, I just dont hope they gonna turn the Witcher in a rushed ea-style cash machine...

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
AnalogKid said:
(P.S. Is it just a coincidence and Polish devs happen to have similar sensibilities, or is it just that a lot of Codex posters are Polish?)

Poles are overrepresented in almost any internet community I know, and if it's something remotly connected to Fallout or post-apoc you can be damn sure that there's gonna be even more of them...

Starwars

Arcane
Am I the only one who thought the Witcher intro was boring as hell? I read loads of praise over at other forums, and I just don't see it. I never want to sit through that + the tutorial again.

I'm generally not a fan of churning out sequels in a rapid pace, but 18 months sounds fairly reasonable. Hopefully it will give them enough time to really improve on some things. I don't care for game series' that change the gameplay around completely or anything like that, but I also want to feel like the devs have really tried to improve upon the original game.

Hopefully it will be better, or at the very least as good as the Witcher.

After that, I really hope they will do something else though. I'd hate to see the series 'cheapened' due to an assload of sequels in a short timespan.

Durwyn

Prophet
Congrats Elwro... I'm rather cautious about their aim on sequel in eighteen months. It appears that they wanna make The Witcher their milky cow and to produce more than one sequel... I hope we will see some major improvments and new features, not only polished graphics and new storyline.

If you wanna see some pretty post-apo shit, come to poland and see what the mighty duck twins have done to our beautiful motherland... Good that now only one remains... some call him the head of our country... i call him a dickhead.

Elwro

Arcane
I guess the intro was fun for me because I read the story. I agree it was a bit too long.

edit: My theory is that it's possible Bagiński doesn't know if what he'll be working on will be an expansion, or a true sequel.

VonVentrue

Cipher
Patron
AnalogKid said:
WTF!!!? After all the recent craptacular drama about takeovers, revolutions, being overrun and all, now there's a consipiracy afoot to turn this place into the Polish Codex!?

Apparently, a section for polish-speaking members might soon become a reality/necessity...

As far as the topic is concerned, I find it surprising to find out that the sequel to the Witcher is already in the works... Hopefully, such a quick development process shall not have negative impact on the quality of the final product.
Besides, I have yet to purchase the original...

KazikluBey

Cipher
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Starwars said:
Am I the only one who thought the Witcher intro was boring as hell? I read loads of praise over at other forums, and I just don't see it. I never want to sit through that + the tutorial again.
You're not alone about liking the intro but the outro was much better I think.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Well, Fallout 2 was out pretty quickly. Perhaps they will use this game resources as a base, but tell a new story in a new setting.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
VonVentrue said:
AnalogKid said:
WTF!!!? After all the recent craptacular drama about takeovers, revolutions, being overrun and all, now there's a consipiracy afoot to turn this place into the Polish Codex!?

Apparently, a section for polish-speaking members might soon become a reality...

Only over my cold, dead corpse. I mean, over my cold, twitching body. I mean... bloody hell. What I mean to say: only if we get a Furry Codex. And a German Codex. Don't make me prove a need for either.

>_>

Please no Polish Codex! It only serves to seperate and we can understand Kraszu well enough if we try hard.

Texas Red

Whiner
It took MotB a year of development :shrugs:. But this is grand news! I was afraid that they would just start from the beginning and take another 4 years for a new game. TW expansion, possibly another for NWN 2(set in Chult, as hinted in MotB) will perhaps repeat this wonderful year. Plus there are other RPGs as well.

Win.

Durwyn

Prophet
Please no Polish Codex! It only serves to seperate and we can understand Kraszu well enough if we try hard.
Second that...
Fucking dumb idea, every polish kid learns english in primary school... Internet forums are meant to integrate people from diffrent countries to discuss on subjects that interests them. I will fight every national ghetto on Codex... this just doesn't make sense.

Globbi

Augur
Maybe it's just that Bagininski was thinking about when the works on the sequel would start?

And about the Polish codex thing:
Elwro in another thread said:
I have a plan :mystary:
:D

VonVentrue

Cipher
Patron
yarpen said:
All I can say is: do not believe everything you read.

You are definitely capable of arousing confusion... :)

Second that...
Fucking dumb idea, every polish kid learns english in primary school... Internet forums are meant to integrate people from diffrent countries to discuss on subjects that interests them. I will fight every national ghetto on Codex... this just doesn't make sense.

You're acting as if someone even considered making this idea a reality... And yes, that would be a stupid thing to do, to say the least.

made

Arcane
Elwro said:
obscure Oscar-nominated <A HREF="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJ--qAaRaNg">stuff</A> no one really understands.

That vid was pretty awesome.

made

Arcane
Not sure I get the point of the second one. I assume the theme is the waste of human lives during war, and possibly media coverage thereof, but I bet I'm missing some subtle details.

Elwro

Arcane
made said:
Not sure I get the point of the second one. I assume the theme is the waste of human lives during war, and possibly media coverage thereof, but I bet I'm missing some subtle details.
I'm not sure myself. I just love how the motions of the fat guy are coordinated with the film he runs.

dragonfk

Erudite
made said:

For me its about meaningless dying for amusement of others.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom