Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

7.62 preview at Taktikzone

YourConscience

Scholar
<strong>[ Preview ]</strong>

Our friends over at <a href="http://www.taktikzone.de">Taktikzone</a> are now in possession of a short <a href="http://www.taktikzone.de/index.php?GameID=110&content=preview">preview</a> of <a href="http://762.games.1c.ru/">7.62</a>. The preview is based on a German buying the russian version from an Ukrainian Webshop and having to guess the goals of missions because he can't read Russian. To make matters even more intriguing, he seems to be excited about the AI in the game (rough translation):

<blockquote>... And because the enemies became really clever, there appear to be no auto-win strategies. Oh yeah, there's also a lot more enemies now [compared to E5]. Some places have become really difficult now - the AI is a real treat. Even in the first skirmishes you can expect flanking maneuvers, leap frogging, weapon swapping and usage of grenades! All that from an AI!
</blockquote>
For me, that sounds good. However, it's easy to become excited about a new game after having played it only for a few hours (unless the game is so shallow that half an hour is enough to have seen it all). Let's see (and hope), whether it can deliver in the long run.
<p>Spotted @ <a href="http://www.taktikzone.de/index.php">Taktikzone</a></p>

Shagnak

Shagadelic
I'll be keeping an eye out for this one. I thought the press was in general over-critical about Brigade E5. It was perhaps a little rough around the edges but still a lot of fun.

I wonder how long until an English version of its successor?

YourConscience

Scholar
They says English release is slated for Q1 08. But that might still mean nearly half a year of waiting time.

I'd really like to know which Ukrainian webshop that was... Anyone knows a ukrainian webshop? Whenever I try to google for such a thing I only find all kinds of strange ukrainian bride webshops. And here I thought that slavery was abolished...

Jason

chasing a bee
1C told me February for the English version.
But most likely YourConscience will be playing the Russian version long before that.

YourConscience

Scholar
baby arm said:
1C told me February for the English version.
But most likely YourConscience will be playing the Russian version long before that.

Apart from even more ukrainian brides (very nice, actually!) I wasn't able to find a ukrainian webshop. It doesn't help that I don't even know how to say 'game' in ukrainian...

Jason

chasing a bee
Just get one of them Ukrainian brides and have her order games for you. Tell your wife that your "Russian cousin" is going to be staying with you guys for a few months. She won't know the difference.

By the way, is it sick and/or sad that I find the thought of ghillie suits being in 7.62 very exciting?

YourConscience

Scholar
Okay, I'll pick that small cute one with the long hair. Hopefully she is a good match in games too. :)

Hmm, and is it sick or sad that I didn't know what ghillie suits were until I clicked that link?

But yeah, that screenshot looks pretty nice.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom