Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Quite the funny NWN2 bug

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well.. here I was, playing NWN2 as a thief.
I loaded my game from yesterday and was quite surprised when I couldn't find Khelgar in my party. Instead there was a "new" character, named "Trigger" (yeah, guess what?) in my party. But he was nowhere to be seen.
And while I looked for both Khelgar and the Trigger event that seemed to have joined my cause, I noticed something strange about Qara's weasel Tamin...

nwn2ss100707105010zc9.jpg

Wait a moment... a weasel wearing Khelgar's warhammer? No wonder the poor thing was encumbered!
I was a bit surprised. And even more surprise came when I looked at Tamin's feats:

featswo6.jpg

A weasel that is at the same time a creature and a Dwarf? Tamin even had a specialization with warhammers!
Only possible conclusion: Khelgar and Tamin somehow merged into one being.

And the end of the story? Khelgar seems to have been completely assimilated by the mighty Tamin. After over one hour of intensive cheating I could not manage to get Khelgar back into my party. There is one cheat that gives you all characters in the selection menu. After using that one, every character was in the selection menu... but not Khelgar. So he is not in my game any more and I will have to carry on without him.

Resistance is futile.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Raapys said:
Impressive. Can he use that hammer too?

I'm not quite sure about that one. It swings on attack, yes, but since Tamin is only a Sorcerer's animal companion, he doesn't have quite much Str (3, I think), so even if he attacks, most of the time he misses.

Also, if I unsummon an re-summon him, the "Khelgar within" is gone.

Starwars

Arcane
It's to bad it had to be Khelgar though. Despite the cliché of "stubborn-headed, fighting crazy dwarf with an accent", he was one of the more likeable characters I thought.
Now, if it were Qara herself... or Bishop... or Sand... or Zhajavieibeje...

EDIT: And I also got the trigger thing briefly one or two times since I installed MotB. It doesn't seem to break anything though and just disappeared after a while.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Hmm.. I've uploaded the savegame, so if you want to have som phun with it...
It's 30 MB, and hardly worth it, but hey.. maybe I can give some lonely person a more happy evening ;)

http://www.megaupload.com/de/?d=L2LHE89Z

And yeah it IS kinda bad it's Khelgar. He is the only real Fighter. Casavir will have to take his place and my thief is not yet ready to do all the fighting... but I'm not sure I'm going to continue playing anyway... I finished all the OC and the MotB campaign and already was a bit bored when I started again with this thief. Think I'll just let this rest for a month or two.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Ahh.. interesting.

It seems like many people are having this problem. But that fix is rather... meh, as you would have to stop your companions from using their abilities, cheat to get the xp, mess around with older savegames, etc. Maybe I'll just wait until the next patch comes out before I start playing again.

Still, that one may be No.2 on my list of funniest bugs ever ;)

No.1 still is Aquanox, where the pause function did not work "as intended"...

sheek

Arbiter
You should use the console to give the Weasel all of Khelgar's stats... and make the merged Dwarf-Weasel entity a reality, seeing if you can finish the game that way.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Kingston said:
I have a strange AI bug in the shadow vault right at the beginning. That cleric chick and my dualwielding drow seem to attack each other after each fight. I order them to stop but they start again momentarily.

That's not a bug. You're a drow. Face it! Die, scum! ;)

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Yah, LOTS of people have been getting that bug. There's a few fixes in the game's forums, I suggest you look around.

Anyway, I vote for keeping the khelgar-weasel. See if you can turn it into a Monk. :)

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Won't work out. Sooner or later you have to leave the group (the trial). And then, the Khelgar weasel gets unsommoned AFAIK.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
This is the greatest bug in the HISTORY OF GAMING! Hammer wielding weasels!

100% pure awesome!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom