Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bloodlines unofficial patch 4.0 is ready!

Wesp5

Arcane
Hi everyone, just to get my hands free for the soon to be released BioShock ;), the unofficial Bloodlines patch 4.0 is available from filefront as RAR archive right now (http://files.filefront.com/vtmbup40rar/ ... einfo.html) and later from http://www.patches-scrolls.de/ as the usual ZIP file from which it will be mirrored.

This is a big one because as suggested I searched once more through all the files for hidden stuff and found a lot :). I managed to restore two new items, one as a occult powerup (based on the famous Pearl of Dubai) and the other as a small quest item (just a chewing gum). I restored lots of unused models from the rat crowd over several item models to three large vehicles. I restored some newspapers and the missing Romero after the cemetery quest. I finally managed to repair all cut off conversations and even restored a completely unheard one at the warehouse. Additional to that there were a lot of bug fixes and as usual, any gameplay related changes like the new items will not appear when using the basic patch! See the changelog below for details:

v4.0 17.08.2007
----
Created Appearance powerup and made Isaac give it instead of Charm.
Made Strauss reward you with the Fae Charm instead of usual money.
Recovered chewing gum to sell to Copper and stashed it on the pier.
Restored rat crowd to warrens and ancient text to Leopold Society.
Placed library keycard at Ramen and fixed some minor text problems.
Moved dogs into junkyard and Skelter to Nines' side at one ending.
Swapped cop Anacondas with Ithacas and made Pisha leave eventually.
Restored Romero to be back after his quest and fixed zombie scene.
Fixed cut off conversations and restored a hidden one to warehouse.
Restored hidden models to Dane, to Blood Hunt and on junkyard map.
Made armor absorb half the aggravated damage and raised Blood Heal.
Removed cop cars from the Santa Monica pier after the police left.
Added Fu Syndicate emergency doorcode and restored tire iron skill.
Recovered three unseen newspapers and repaired a newspaper mix up.
Restored two item models and renamed "Replica Katana" "Shin Gunto".
Made Mercurio's email arrive later and fixed several email issues.

Repaired warrens electrical terminal computer and fixed many props.
Added some missing inspection nodes and made diner cook move more.
Restored warrens door difficulty and fixed switches at observatory.
Fixed Tong sounds at Zhao's and Hannah, Milligan and Pisha issues.
Repaired Trip and Vandal not choosable at endgame in special cases.
Re-changed Eliza and Thistle effects as they didn't work randomly.
Added missing doors to Venture Tower rooftop and Blood Hunt levels.
Fixed several name issues and explained others using loading tips.
Changed Giovanni vampire guard stats and restored Dane crane icons.
Turned your Santa Monica haven into Elysium area when Jack visits.
Improved Barabus' hack position and made PCs accessable afterwards.
Corrected Chunk's brother's subtitles and changed Chunk dance fix.
Reformatted Sin Bin inventory pages and fixed more minor PC issues.
Removed humanity for killing Milligan directly and fixed card bug.
Placed Russians more inconspicuous and removed the two added locks.
Put Heather's name in the morgue file in case you left her to die.

dagorkan

Arbiter
Great, I was just about to start another game as a Nosferatu. :)

edit:
And I'm the first downloader

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Hmm, I only played BL once, and only until the werewolf that killed my Tremere in one hit and was too fast to run away from.

Think it's worth another shot? I didn't really like the kiddy-emo atmosphere and the constant fighting.

dagorkan

Arbiter
I think it's worthwhile, but I also think you've played through the best areas already. If you didn't like them it's not going to get better, you just have combat levels and some cut scenes to look forward to.

In fact everything after arriving in Hollywood was pretty average. Grout's mansion and the Museum were the last level I really liked and they were quite simple. The sewers and the Hollbrook hotel I had to force myself to finish.

Deleted member 7219

Thanks for the update, Wesp.

I think I might install Bloodlines again and give it yet another playthrough. I really liked that game.

Jasede said:
Hmm, I only played BL once, and only until the werewolf that killed my Tremere in one hit and was too fast to run away from.

There is a way to kill the werewolf. I had to look for a walkthrough to find out how.

SPOILER

You can use the huge metal doors in the building. For details, look for a walkthrough.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I know that. However, the wolf killed me before I got there.

Edit: I had so many points in Seduce, why didn't it work on the werewolf?

jml

Augur
Patron
Wesp why did you lower effects of Blood Buff? With it lowered it is impossible for new characters to get painkillers for Mercurio for example.
Edit: Managed to change it back :)

Wesp5

Arcane
jml said:
Wesp why did you lower effects of Blood Buff? With it lowered it is impossible for new characters to get painkillers for Mercurio for example.
Edit: Managed to change it back :)

This was requested several times because it was much too powerful at the start of the game and useless at the end. Also it was even more powerful compared to the PnP game. But I'll look at the painkillers issue...

Texas Red

Whiner
Wesp, you ever thought of going in to QA? No doubt this patch would look great on the CV if you apply.

Wesp5

Arcane
The Walkin' Dude said:
Wesp, you ever thought of going in to QA? No doubt this patch would look great on the CV if you apply.

I already have a great job and this is just a hobby of mine, but thanks for the compliments ;). Regarding the painkillers, I will put a bottle in the controlled substances cabinet for people with a low security feat and in this way the second password of that will make sense too.

jml

Augur
Patron
Wesp5 said:
I already have a great job and this is just a hobby of mine, but thanks for the compliments ;). Regarding the painkillers, I will put a bottle in the controlled substances cabinet for people with a low security feat and in this way the second password of that will make sense too.
That will solve painkiller issue but there are still several door Troika seems to have meant to be openable by using only blood buff.

But i have another question regarding the food critic quest did you make changes to it since as far as i remember one could solve it by using seduction feat but now conversation stops if one uses that option. I checked some walktroughs and those also claim that this quest is solvable by using seduction. My seduction skill was 9 when i tried it.

Wesp5

Arcane
jml said:
That will solve painkiller issue but there are still several door Troika seems to have meant to be openable by using only blood buff.

No essential lock is needing a higher Blood Buff. Offkorn from the PnP mod already checked that out. For anything else you'll need to raise security. It's an RPG after all :)!

But i have another question regarding the food critic quest did you make changes to it since as far as i remember one could solve it by using seduction feat but now conversation stops if one uses that option.

I didn't change anyhting there but while looking at it a minutes ago I noticed that only male Seduction works on him ;)!

jml

Augur
Patron
Ok thank you for information.

I have yet another question. On the games cd-cover has picture on conversation taking place in Venus's club with woman wearing cowboy hat. Have you been able to restore this conversation?

mr nobuddy

Educated
By the way, is there any consequence tied to not deactivating the cameras in the blood bank hospital when stealing the werewolf blood/painkillers?

Wesp5

Arcane
mr nobuddy said:
By the way, is there any consequence tied to not deactivating the cameras in the blood bank hospital when stealing the werewolf blood/painkillers?

I guess an alarm would go off and bring more guards or place police cars outside.

Wesp5

Arcane
jml said:
I have yet another question. On the games cd-cover has picture on conversation taking place in Venus's club with woman wearing cowboy hat. Have you been able to restore this conversation?

No, because these pictures were taken from the E3 demo and the sound files for this are not in the game anymore. It wouldn't make sense anyway as several characters have swapped places since then.

jml

Augur
Patron
Imalias Model Citizen quest was broken for me. I managed to do it with character that had only one point in stealth and i moved right past Tawni and boyfriend and neither noticed me.

Wesp5

Arcane
jml said:
Imalias Model Citizen quest was broken for me. I managed to do it with character that had only one point in stealth and i moved right past Tawni and boyfriend and neither noticed me.

That must have been a random glitch. I tested it yesterday and both spotted me right on!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom