Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's play - Dragon Age: Origins (finished)

Whom to choose as a companion at the endgame. Options are mutually exclusive.

• Alistair

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Loghain

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters

Korgan

Arbiter
Bioware evil? More like Bioware shit.

lightbane

Arcane
Insane Psychic said:
And seriously, there were two wardens left, and there hadn't been a blight for 500 years or something like that. Maybe Duncan should've spent some more time looking for more Wardens rather than walk around being all serious.

I cannot say for sure 'cause I haven't played the old shit (aka BG 1 and 2), but I believe that "common sense" and "logic" are words that Biowhore will never understand...

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Insane Psychic said:
And seriously, there were two wardens left, and there hadn't been a blight for 500 years or something like that. Maybe Duncan should've spent some more time looking for more Wardens rather than walk around being all serious.

I got the impression that there were a lot more Grey Wardens present and killed at Ostagar that you didn't get to meet.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Azael said:
Insane Psychic said:
I got the impression that there were a lot more Grey Wardens present and killed at Ostagar that you didn't get to meet.

Yeah. For some reason the game doesn't make it explicit (maybe in the DLC), but from the dialogue that's the impression I got too.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
How more explicit does it have to be when it states clearly that GW had mroe than Duncan there. Tsk, tsk.

Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Well, there was something with "All the Grey Wardens died at... Blah blah" now that I think about it.
Oh well, still weren't enough of them, were there now? And as Brother None pointed out, the whole battle is positively silly.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Volourn said:
How more explicit does it have to be when it states clearly that GW had mroe than Duncan there. Tsk, tsk.

Sorry, I can't understand you, I don't speak crazy.

Twinkle

Liturgist
Well there are more Grey Wardens than Duncan and Co. For example, later you'll meet Riordan from Orlais and he mentions like several hundreds of GW in Thedas overall. The general dislike towards them in Ferelden probably comes from a fact that they tried to mess with politics, as mentioned in Warden's Keep DLC.

Still, the whole organization is a joke. Lack of communication, lack of care about the very fucking treaties, lack of numbers etc. They knew that the Blight comes approx. every 400 years, yet they didn't bother to send agents to every corner of the world and set up communication links.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
." Lack of communication"

theyw ere basically thrown into the trash by Feralden so of course they lost solid communictaion. they wer elikely in dissray trying to survive.

", lack of care about the very fucking treaties,"

see above.

" lack of numbers etc."

see above

"They knew that the Blight comes approx. every 400 years,"

Funnily enough, this one actually took 700 years, IIRC. R00fles!

Fuck, people cna be retarded when butthurt over stuff. PAY ATTENTION TO THE GAME.

Gondolin

Arcane
Brother None said:
Gondolin said:
The original Templars never had enough troops to conquer the Holy Land by themselves. That didn't stop them from doing their best.

True. But I feel Dragon Age leaves some things underexplained. The Grey Wardens originally turned the tide in one of the Blights by heroically charging in with longbows (brilliant! They'll never expect that!) Duncan explains that they have weakened since, but it's never clear how they were strong enough to turn a battle that was de facto already lost, and why they aren't able to just do whatever they did back then again.

Besides, that battle is just stupid.

It certainly does leave things underexplained. Personally, I see the GW much like the original Templars: not enough troops to go it alone, but they are the pros when it comes to darkspawn fighting and their task is to remind everybody else that there is a job that needs to be done in order to keep the peace.

Charging in with longbows is beyond stupid.

Insane Psychic said:
They got kicked out of Ferelden entirely, and only came back a generation or so ago.

We are told that in other realms Wardens are in their 100s, but Ferelden's are the weakest. So <50 before Ostagar would be reasonable, but maybe not all of them would have been there.

I'm sorry, do you guys even bother to read the dialog?

Twinkle

Liturgist
To Redcliffe

4191697141_a6a0a5c2e4_o.jpg

Near very beginning Alistair wants to confess to something.

4191697277_2dd45a6d45_o.jpg

facealistair.jpg
Alistair: Look, can we talk for a moment? I need to tell you something I, ah, should probably have told you earlier.

facebron.jpg
Bro: Let me guess: You're an idiot.

facealistair.jpg
Alistair: Yes, that's right. I stopped you to tell you I'm an idiot. Whew! Thanks the Maker you know already! Now I can stop worrying I'll be found out.

facebron.jpg
Bro: It wasn't exactly a secret.

facealistair.jpg
Alistair: Oh, ho, ho. I'm trying to be serious, here. Just listen.

facealistair.jpg
Alistair: Well, let's see. How do I tell you this? We're almost at Redcliffe. Did I say how I know Arl Eamon, exactly?

facebron.jpg
Bro: I hope this isn't something sordid.

facealistair.jpg
Alistair: Errr... no. Why would you think that? Wait, don't answer that. Just let me finish.

facealistair.jpg
Alistair: I'm a bastard. My mother was a serving girl at Redcliffe castle and she died when I was born. Arl Eamon took me in and raised me before I was sent to the Chantry.

facealistair.jpg
Alistair: The reason he did that was because... well, because my father was King Maric. Which made Cailan my... half-brother, I suppose.

facebron.jpg
Bro: So... you're not just a bastard but a royal bastard?

facealistair.jpg
Alistair: Ha! Yes, I guess it does at that. I should use that line more often.

facealistair.jpg
Alistair: I would have told you, but... it never really meant anything to me. I was inconvenient, a possible threat to Cailan's rule and so they kept me secret. I've never talked about it to anyone.

facealistair.jpg
Alistair: Everyone who knew either resented me for it or they coddled me... even Duncan kept me out of the fighting because of it. I didn't want you to know, as long as possible. I'm sorry.

facebron.jpg
Bro: I can't believe you were so stupid!

facealistair.jpg
Alistair: Look, I said I'm sorry! I knew I should have said something. This... it's never brought me anything but problems. I wish it weren't even true.

facealistair.jpg
Alistair: Arl Eamon eventually marrried a young woman from Orlais, despite all the problems it caused with the king so soon after the war. He loved her a great deal.

facealistair.jpg
Alistair: Anyway, the new arlessa resented the rumors which pegged me as the arl's bastard. They weren't true, but of course they existed. The arl didn't care, but she did.

facealistair.jpg
Alistair: So off I was packed to the nearest monastery at age ten. Just as well. The arlessa made sure the castle wasn't a home to me by that point. She despised me.

facebron.jpg
Bro: That sounds like a bunch of whining.

facealistair.jpg
Alistair: Heh. I suppose you're right. I wasn't raised as the arl's son, though, if you're picturing that. I slept in hay out in the stables, not on silk sheets.

facealistair.jpg
Alistair: I remember I had an amulet with Andraste's holy symbol on it. The only thing I had of my mother's. I was so furious at being sent away, I tore it off and threw it at the wall and it shattered.

facealistair.jpg
Alistair: Stupid, stupid thing to do. The arl came by the monastery a few times to see how I was, but I was stubborn. I hated it there and blamed him for everything... and eventually he just stopped coming.

facebron.jpg
Bro: But you are an heir to the throne, right?

facealistair.jpg
Alistair: Let's hope not. I'm the son of a commoner, and a Grey Warden to boot. It was made very clear to me early on that there was no room for me raising any rebellions or sych nonsense.

facealistair.jpg
Alistair: And that's fine by me. No, if there's an heir to be found, it's Arl Eamon himself. He's not of royal blood, but he is Cailan's uncle... and more importantly, very popular with the people.

facealistair.jpg
Alistair: Though... if he's really as sick as we've heard... no, I don't want to think about that. I really don't.

facealistair.jpg
Alistair: So there you have it. Now can we move on, and I'll just pretend you still think I'm some... nobody who was too lucky to die with the rest of the Grey Wardens.

facebron.jpg
Bro: Aren't you?

facealistair.jpg
Alistair: See? I knew you could do it. It's easy, isn't it?

Alistair disapproves -8

You see - the more words like "idiot", "stupid", "bastard", or "whining" - the better is writing quality.

4191697423_6ba79615a0_o.jpg

Commoner dude greets us from the bridge.

4192459130_c3025b1ff3_o.jpg
Tomas: I... I thought I saw travelers coming down the road, though I scarcely believed it.

Tomas: Have you come to help us?

facebron.jpg
Bro: Get out of my way. I have no time for slack-jawed fools.

Tomas: Uhh... I'm not stopping you or anything, but... have you ever heard what's happened here? Has anyone?

facebron.jpg
Bro: I've heard Arl Eamon is sick, if that's what you mean.

Tomas: He could be dead, for all we know. Nobody's heard from the castle in days.

Tomas: We're under attack. Monsters come out of the castle every night and atttack us until dawn. Everyone's been fighting... and dying...

facemorrigan.jpg
Morrigan: Apparently everyone seems to agree that a Blight is the perfect time to start killing each other. Marvelous, really.

Tomas: We've no army to defend us, no arl and no king to send us help. So many are dead, and those left are terrified they're next.

facealistair.jpg
Alistair: Hold on. What is this evil that's attacking you?

Tomas: I... I don't rightly know; I'm sorry. Nobody does.

Tomas: I should take you to Bann Teagan. He's all that's holding us together. He'll want to see you.

facealistair.jpg
Alistair: Bann Teagan? Arl Eamon's brother? He's here?

Tomas: Yes. It's not far, if you'll come with me.

At the local Chantry.

4191697553_1620041083_o.jpg

4192459374_17feb3f9fe_o.jpg

4175561671_571e61dbd8_o.jpg
Bann Teagan: It's... Tomas, yes? And who are these people with you? They're obviously not simple travelers.

Tomas: No, my lord. They just arrived, and I thought you would want to see them.

Bann Teagan: Well done, Tomas. Greetings, friends. My name is Teagan, Bann of Rainesfere, brother to the arl.

facealistair.jpg
Alistair: I remember you, Bann Teagan, though the last time we met I was a lot younger and... covered in mud.

Bann Teagan: Covered in mud? ...Alistair? It is you, isn't it? You're alive! This is wonderful news!

facealistair.jpg
Alistair: Still alive, yes, though I'm just as surprised about that as you are, believe me.

Bann Teagan: Indeed. Loghain would have us believe all Grey Wardens died along with my nephew, amongst other things.

facebron.jpg
Bro: No, not all of us died.

Bann Teagan: So... you are a Grey Warden as well? A pleasure to meet you. I wish it were under better circumstances.

Bann Teagan: You're here to see my brother? Unfortunately, that might be a problem. Eamon is gravely ill.

Bann Teagan: No one has heard from the castle in days. No guards patrol the walls, and no one has responded to my shouts.

Bann Teagan: The attacks started a few nights ago. Evil... things... surged from the castle. We drove them back, but many perished during the assault.

facebron.jpg
Bro: Why are you telling me this?

Bann Teagan: Because each night they return, their ranks bolstered with our recently dead, and we are desperate for help!

facemorrigan.jpg
Morrigan: It seems there is no end to the demands upon your time. Let us seek your allies elsewhere!

Bann Teagan: With Cailan dead and Loghain starting a war over the throne, no one responds to my urgent calls for help.

Bann Teagan: I have a feeling tonight's assault will be the worst yet. Alistair, I hate to ask, but I desperately need the help of you and your friends.

facealistair.jpg
Alistair: It isn't just up to me. Though the Grey Wardens don't stand much chance against Loghain without Arl Eamon.

facebron.jpg
Bro: This isn't our battle.

Bann Teagan: Isn't it? You're a Grey Warden seeking Eamon's help. He simply needs your help, first.

Bann Teagan: What do you say?

facebron.jpg
Bro: I have to say no; we can't help you.

4178106432_e621a868b5_o.jpg
Leliana: We... we're just going to abandon these people to their fate? Surely you don't mean that!

facebron.jpg
Bro: (Persuade) We are doing all we can, Leliana.

Leliana: Maybe you're right. Oh, how I hate this!

facemorrigan.jpg
Morrigan: What a relief that you do not intend to mire us in this pitiful mess. Let us be underway soon.

Bann Teagan: I see. That's disappointing.

facealistair.jpg
Alistair: I'm sorry, my lord. You have to understand... as Grey Wardens, the darkspawn are our primary concern.

Bann Teagan: I suggest you leave the village then. We have much to prepare for, and your presence would surely be a distraction.

Bann Teagan: Thank you, Tomas. Please return to your post and continue keeping an eye out--report to Murdock on your way.

Tomas: Yes, Bann Teagan.

Leliana approves +1
Morrigan approves +4
Alistair disapproves -5

The good thing is that "No" means "No", not "you'll have to accept this mission if you want to complete the game, hurr durr" which is a nice :incline:, IMO.

4191697809_f958def546_o.jpg

Wife of a missionary from the Korcari Wilds.

4191697841_976a072ea6_o.jpg
Jetta: You're a Grey Warden, right? Were you in Ostagar? In the Korcari Wilds?

Jetta: My husband and son went there to bring the Chant of Light to the Chasind, but I haven't heard from them since.

facebron.jpg
Bro: Are you Jetta?

Jetta: I am. You've heard of me?

facebron.jpg
Bro: Your husband and son are both dead.

Jetta: I... I thought that might be the case. Thank you for telling me.

facebron.jpg
Bro: Certainly.

Jetta: Maker's blessings be with you.

4192459696_27dc03cfa4_o.jpg

4191697993_2e970b1977_o.jpg
Kaitlyn: Sorry, am I bothering you? I... I'll try to be more quiet.

facebron.jpg
Bro: Good. I'll leave you to your sniveling.

4191697993_2e970b1977_o.jpg
Kaitlyn: I'll just... stay out of your way, ser. Don't mind me none.

Leliana disapproves -5
Morrigan approves +2

I'm in no mood for charity. This way i'll miss a blade as a quest reward, but whatever.

Bro may left them 4 dead, but never forgets to deliver a letter.

4192459888_d92e7ae150_o.jpg

Another dude to be conscripted

4192460022_019f18708d_o.jpg

4192460086_de4f80a0e5_o.jpg
Dernal Garrison: Yes? What can I do for you?

facebron.jpg
Bro: I have a letter for you from the Blackstone Irregulars.

Dernal Garrison: I knew this time would come. I should have listened to my wife. "Don't sign that paper", she said. "They might pay you a few sovereigns now, but they'll be back."

Dernal Garrison: Blast. I'll see you on the front lines, I suppose.

Oh, it seems that Redcliffe has its own emo bridge

4191698521_1dbbbfb618_o.jpg

facemorrigan.jpg
Morrigan: There is one thing I do not understand, Alistair.

facealistair.jpg
Alistair: Just one thing?

facemorrigan.jpg
Morrigan: About you, perhaps. Why the deception over your parentage?

facealistair.jpg
Alistair: I'd figure you'd be the sort who know all about deception.

facemorrigan.jpg
Morrigan: I do. And what use the deception might have had ended when King Cailan perished, did it not?

facealistair.jpg
Alistair: Maybe. I guess I was sort of hoping that would go away.

facemorrigan.jpg
Morrigan: The truth does not "go away".

facealistair.jpg
Alistair: I didn't say it was a good plan.

These flowers could be a nice gift for Imoen.

4192460392_11f2934882_o.jpg

Leliana: Flowers? For me? Oh, they smell lovely... and there's something so familiar about them.

Leliana: These... these were my mother's flowers! She would sprinkle the dry petals amongst her clothes.

Leliana: Oh, they smell just like her. Thank you so much.

Leliana approves +16.

Bye, bye losers.
4191698925_46e034d4aa_o.jpg

Tomas: So that's it? You're not going to help us? You're just going to... leave?

facebron.jpg
Bro: It's not my problem.

Tomas: So you're abandoning us.

Tomas: If you leave, I doubt we'll make it through the night. Please... we need your help!

You know the answer:

4191699077_836f48a451_o.jpg

Volourn

Pretty Princess
LMAO People are such morons. On eof the most common whines is the lack of the ability to sometimes eprsaude companions to your way of thinking or at least minimalizing dissaproval yet here you managed to get a +}1 approval from goody two shoes Lilianna when you chose to ABANDON an ENTIRE town. LMAO

Fuckin' stupid DA bashers proven wrong again. :twisted:

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Cool update. Very harsh/cold. Very Bro.

Volourn said:
LMAO People are such morons. On eof the most common whines is the lack of the ability to sometimes eprsaude companions to your way of thinking or at least minimalizing dissaproval yet here you managed to get a +}1 approval from goody two shoes Lilianna when you chose to ABANDON an ENTIRE town. LMAO

Fuckin' stupid DA bashers proven wrong again. :twisted:

What? Can someone translate from crazy to English, please?

Erebus

Arcane
Yay, an update !

While I enjoy the insults you can throw at Alistair, the fact that he keeps reacting as if they were simple jokes feels rather unrealistic.

It's nice that you can choose to be a jackass and refuse to help, but what's going to happen if you reject ALL the missions ?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Figure that out using common sense. It's the same if you refuse everything in FO...

Twinkle

Liturgist
Bro decided to recruit golem Shale in the party.

4193147143_229befd4da_o.jpg

In the meantime, at Redcliffe

4193147217_b356656164_o.jpg

4193147379_7ac49bc4f3_o.jpg

4193906388_052b2724dc_o.jpg

4193906524_ec76f3568a_o.jpg

ITZ COMING!

Easy random encounter

4193906792_8ee43a3ce4_o.jpg

4193148143_77deb4260f_o.jpg

4193907240_14d0db4f5c_o.jpg

Sulcher's Pass.A lonely merchant stands here.

4193907424_8f0c3b281e_o.jpg

4193148625_2d6cf68cc6_o.jpg
Felix: Er... you'll have to forgive me if I seem a bit nervous. Not many people traveling in this part of Ferelden.

Felix: Of course that's part of my problem, isn't it? Mule got spooked by a wisp and ran off into the woods. Now what do I do?

facebron.jpg
Bro: "Part" of your problem?

Felix: Well, yes. It's been quite the month...

Felix: Allow me to introduce myself. Felix de Grosbois, merchant and entrepreneur, at your service.

facebron.jpg
Bro: A merchant? Out here?

Felix: I don't normally take this route, but with the war I was hoping for a bit of luck and good weather in the mountains.

Felix: Sadly, I've had neighter. This trip has been one miserable disaster after another. I don't suppose you'd... consider helping a fellow out?

facebron.jpg
Bro: Do I look I'm here to help?

Felix: No, but... maybe you could make and exception? This once?

Felix: Of all the other things that went wrong, the worst is this artifact I bought in Jader.

Felix: It's a "control rod", I'm told. For a golem. No point in me keeping it, however, as I'll never get to use it... but maybe you could?

facebron.jpg
Bro: How do I know this will even work?

Felix: The fellow I bought it from is a longstanding contact. He didn't want to come to Ferelden, however, with all our... troubles.

Felix: He said he got it from the man who owned this golem. But to be honest, I have no idea if it will work.

Felix: Hence the low, low price. (Chuckles) What do you say?

facebron.jpg
Bro: What's the catch?

Felix: The catch? Yes, I... suppose it is a catch, isn't it?

Felix: The catch is that the golem didn't come with the rod. It's supposed to be down in a village down south, waiting to be activated.

Felix: Even if I could get down there, which I can't, I understand the place has been overrun by darkspawn.

Felix: That's not much an issue for adventurous types like yourself, surely. Or I'm hoping that's so, at least.

facebron.jpg
Bro: Yes, I think I could use it.

Felix: Just as well.

Felix: As I mentioned before, you'll find the golem down south, in a town called in Honnleath. I'll mark it here on your map.

Felix: Just hold up the rod ans say "dulef gar". That will wake the golem up, so I'm told. I hope it works.

facebron.jpg
Bro: If not, I'll be back.

Felix: I... well... oh. Then I really hope it works.

Felix: Best luck to you, then! Now, I guess it's up to me to find that mule myself...

To the village he mentioned

4193907670_f7a79fe894_o.jpg

Another random encounter with dwarven merchant

4193953290_8bf10c3567_o.jpg

4193953322_46d8584bfa_o.jpg
Old Tegrin: You have coin, stranger? With Orzammar closed off, old Tegrin can give you a discount.

4193953322_46d8584bfa_o.jpg
Old Tegrin: Fine weapon and arms, dwarven-made.

facebron.jpg
Bro: Let's see this discount of yours.

Bro buys several girls for girls

4193953544_b93822df88_o.jpg

Back to the world map

4193195203_40663a9d93_o.jpg

Honnleath. As the dude mentioned the darkspawn are new masters of the village.

4193953984_a769e4d3a7_o.jpg

They attack from multiple directions

4193954216_36676b1d0d_o.jpg

Here's the golem, surrounded by the darkspawn.

4193195907_aa849eb35f_o.jpg

Now with village square cleared Bro tries to activate the golem.

4193954702_415589e4b3_o.jpg

4193196321_8ef70d833d_o.jpg

4193196353_372f335d2a_o.jpg
Shale: (This statue appears to be inert.)

Leliana: It looks like... like a golem, doesn't it? An actual golem, and not a statue at all. I wonder how it ended up here, of all places?

Shale: (On closer inspection, it appears to be a golem like those few that remain in Orzammar, but obviously damaged and corroded by inactivity.)

facebron.jpg
Bro: "Dulef gar". (Activate the golem.)

Shale: (Nothing happens. Apparently either the rod is not working or the code word is incorrect.)

The only door here that can be opened.

4193243969_dd4cc2a6c8_o.jpg

Strange crystals grow in the basement. They can give Shale attack and defense bonuses.

4193244179_37cbbd332e_o.jpg

And darkspawn lurks here.

4194002884_50e114d7d4_o.jpg

Good gift for one of the future companions

4194003072_327af8f04f_o.jpg

And here we have a bunch of villagers sheltered by a force field and a darkspawn butthurt about this.

4194003236_f800aeb88e_o.jpg

No more darkspawn. Time to talk.

4193245109_4b80e3d2d7_o.jpg

Villager: By the Maker! We're saved!

4193245339_a5c7e0b40f_o.jpg
Matthias: You... weren't sent by the bann, were you? To save us?

facebron.jpg
Bro: I'm looking for whoever owned that statue outside.

Matthias: The statue outside? Why would--oh, I think I see.

Matthias: You bought the control rod, didn't you? You came here looking for Shale.

4194003692_59b971e8e5_o.jpg

Bro touches the barrier.

Matthias: That damnable golem brought us nothing but trouble. My mother sold the rod years ago, after it killed my father, and good riddance.

facebron.jpg
Bro: So you're saying the golem is defective?

Matthias: How should I know? It must be. My father was its master and it still killed him. Surely that's not normal behavior?

Matthias: My father's name was Wilhelm, mage to the arks of Redcliffe and a hero in the war against Orlais. And what did he get?

Matthias: One day my mother found him outside the tower, with so many broken bones she could barely recognize him, and Shale standing over him just like it now.

Matthias: My father deserved better than that. But if you really want to wake Shale up... well, it's yours now.

facebron.jpg
Bro: Except the rod doesn't work. Nothing happens.

Matthias: My mother might have passed along the wrong command phrase when she sold the rod. She said she never wanted to see Shale active again.

Matthias: Look, I'll tell you the command phrase... but I need your help, first!

Matthias: I know you already saved my life, and I'm grateful, but my daughter is inside the laboratory! She was afraid, and ran too far in before I could stop her.

Matthias: I don't know how she made it past my father's defences. One of the men tried to go after her. He was killed. But... you could find her, couldn't you?

facebron.jpg
Bro: (Intimidate) How about you tell me the phrase now?

Failure

Matthias: And... and then what will happen to Amalia? No, I won't tell you! I don't care what you do!

Matthias: If you want that bloody golem, then find my little girl!

facebron.jpg
Bro: How do you know she's still alive?

Matthias: I... don't, it's true. I'm terrified that something's happened to her, and she's lying in there injured!

Matthias: I can't leave here until I know for certain. Surely you understand that?

facebron.jpg
Bro: I'll see if I can find her.

Matthias: You will? Thank the Maker!

Matthias: My father's laboratory is just past the next area, I think. She has to be there!

Bro descends deeper in the cellars.

4194141766_bf271d5df9_o.jpg

Shades attack him on his way.

4194141966_7b06d92974_o.jpg

Another magic barrier

4193383949_5a72c215f0_o.jpg

Look who we have here:

4194142302_826d846023_o.jpg

4194142316_e2fa53d652_o.jpg
Amalia: Oh, look! Someone's come to play!

facebron.jpg
Bro: I'm not here to play games.

Amalia: Oh well. I suppose Kitty and I will just have fun on our own till someone more interesting comes along.

Amalia: Anyway, you should go if you're not going to play. Kitty finds you distracting.

facebron.jpg
Bro: Sure. Let's leave. You can bring the cat.

Amalia: I can't go! Kitty says she can't come and I'm not leaving her. She'd be lonely.

4194142348_73ec616334_o.jpg
Kitty: You are so kind, Amalia. I would miss you dearly if you left.

facebron.jpg
Bro: Step way from that creature, Amalia! Hurry!

Amalia: No! Leave me alone! Kitty!

Kitty: Nothing you say will convince Amalia to go with you. She loves only me now. I am her friend, while you are just a stranger.

facebron.jpg
Bro: I don't really care what you do with the girl.

Kitty: Is that so? Did you hear that, Amalia? It seems you are not missed.

Amalia: That's okay, Kitty. I have you!

Kitty: And I have you. After decades of isolation, bound to this chamber with not a single soul to speak to, finally freedom is at hand.

Kitty: Release me, mortal, and let me have the girl. Let us return to her father and leave this place forever.

facebron.jpg
Bro: I don't make deals with your kind.

Amalia: No! Kitty!

Kitty: You will not take the child from me! She shall be mine! Forever!

She possessed girl's body

4194142468_d99315889d_o.jpg

4194142566_e44639203a_o.jpg

Demon kitties have nice titties.

4194142684_e55e4dae6a_o.jpg

She summons several "friends" but still goes down fast.

4194142860_381a054bde_o.jpg

And drops rather overpowered loot.

4193384825_d019293572_o.jpg

I guess it counts as a child killing. :incline: ?

Several spirit ambushes on a way back to Matthias.

4194201940_3e8acb899d_o.jpg

4194202154_e00fc44f57_o.jpg

4194202328_e539474a8c_o.jpg

Matthias: What happened to her? I she in there? Why hasn't she come back?

facebron.jpg
Bro: (Lie) I didn't find her.

Matthias: You didn't? But... what could have happened to her? I don't understand.

Matthias: Thank you for looking for her. I suppose I'm on my own, now, aren't I?

Matthias: The phrase to activate Shale is "dulen harn", if you still want that bloody thing. I wouldn't, if I were you.

Matthias: Now I guess I'll... go.

He didn't even bother to check the cellar himself. Fucking coward.

Exit from the cellar:

4194202502_fb843cc611_o.jpg

Activation process started.

4194202696_ffed38a239_o.jpg

facebron.jpg
Bro: "Dulen harn." (Activate the golem.)

4193445135_ee6cd7701b_o.jpg

4194203158_c79d6cb7fc_o.jpg

star-wars-hk47-hai-meatbags.jpg

Shale: (Sigh) I knew that the day would come when someone would find the control rod.

Shale: And not even a mage, this time. Probably stumbled across the rod by accident, I suppose. Typical.

facebron.jpg
Bro: You could be more thankful, you know.

Shale: It thinks I should be trankful? Well, of course it does. Why would it not?

Shale: I stood here in this spot and watched the wretched little villagers scurry around me for, oh, I have no idea how long. Many, many years.

Leliana: Oh, you poor dear! That would be... really, really boring.

facealistair.jpg
Alistair: And the villagers had no idea they were being watched? Creepy.

facemorrigan.jpg
Morrigan: Then one wonders that you wouldn't be grateful to the one who allowed you to stretch your legs, golem.

Shale: Hmm. Another mage, I see. Charming.

Shale: I was just beginning to get used to the quiet, too. Tell me, are all the villagers dead?

facebron.jpg
Bro: I take it that wouldn't concern you?

Shale: Familiarity breeds contempt, as they say, and after thirty years as a captive audience, I was as familiar with those villagers as one could possibly be.

Shale: Not that I wished their fate on them, no, but it did make for a delightful change of pace.

facebron.jpg
Bro: I'll bet.

Shale: Well, go on, then. Out with it. What is its command?

facebron.jpg
Bro: You'll follow my commands, will you?

Shale: Shouldn't I? My last master certainly enjoyed waving that rod about.

Shale: "Golem, fetch me that chair." "Do be a good golem and squash that insipid bandit." And let's not forget "Golem, pick me up. I tire of walking."

Shale: It... does have the control rod, doesn't it? I am wake, so it... must...

facebron.jpg
Bro: Don't get any funny ideas, golem.

Shale: (Snorts) So long as it holds the control rod, I could not crush its skull even if I wished to. Not that I do. Yet.

Shale: Yet, there is something odd here...

Shale: Go on. Order me to do something.

facebron.jpg
Bro: Fine. Attack Alistair.

facealistair.jpg
Alistair: He-ey!

Shale: And... nothing? I feel nothing.

Shale: I feel no compulsion to carry out its command. I suppose this means the rod is... broken?

facebron.jpg
Bro: Well you're not just walking away.

Shale: Hmph. Aren't I? Without a control rod, I can do whatever I wish.

Shale: It is simply... what should I do? I have no memories, beyond watching this village for so long. I have no purpose... I find myself at a bit of loss.

Shale: What about it? It must have awoken me for some reason, no? What did it intend to do with me?

facebron.jpg
Bro: I can think of many uses for a personal golem.

Shale: May I ask what sorts of things it gets up to, for which I could be so potentially useful?

facebron.jpg
Bro: Killing darkspawn, primarily.

Shale: The darkspawn are an evil that must be destroyed, it's true. Though not as evil as the birds... damnable feathered fiends!

Shale: I suppose I have two options, do I not? Go with it or... go elsewhere? I... do not even know what lies beyond this village.

facebron.jpg
Bro: Are you going to keep calling me "it"?

Shale: Yes. Very likely.

facebron.jpg
Bro: And how do I know you can be trusted?

Shale: I have no idea. How does it trust anything else without a control rod?

facebron.jpg
Bro: It doesn't.

Shale: Fair enough. Then I promise not to sit on it accidentally or without sufficient provocation. Good enough?

facebron.jpg
Bro: You are welcome to come with me.

facealistair.jpg
Alistair: Are... you certain you want to bring that thing with us? It could be dangerous. And large.

facebron.jpg
Bro: (Persuade) Think of it as a portable battering ram.

facealistair.jpg
Alistair: Good point. Better it than me, anyhow.

Shale: I will follow it about then... for now. I am called Shale, by the way.

facebron.jpg
Bro: Shale? Is that supposed to be a joke?

HK-47.jpg
No, it's supposed to be BioWare writing, meatbag.

Shale: Not like standing frozen for thirty years while pelted with bird feces. Now that is a joke.

Shale disapproves -13
Alistair disapproves -1

Key from one of the villagers bodies fits this chest:

4193445565_9505b431b2_o.jpg

Cool cheese knife:

4194203716_649e05dc05_o.jpg

Near the exit.

Uh-oh. Shale sees a cock.

4194203850_c44a01aca4_o.jpg

Apparently she's lesbian. Poor bird.

4193446107_fd03754392_o.jpg

This area is finished.

4194204334_1417aed12a_o.jpg

Camp.

Gifting time:

Morrigan gets moar jewellery.
Sten gets Rebel Queen Painting (yeah, he's just an emo posing as a cool dude).
Leliana gets Blue Satin Shoes and A Silver Sword of Mercy.
Shale gets Remarkable Greenstone.

Now the approval stats:
Morrigan +32
Leliana +37
Alistair -32
Sten +10
Shale -6

4193446485_49b9a36c53_o.jpg

Return to Castle Redcliffe.

Erebus

Arcane
Could we have saved the girl if we'd told the Evil Kitty we were totally ready to sacrifice our life for her if need be ?

It's a bit amusing that we're allowed to behave like complete assholes but that killing lone merchants in order to steal the huge amounts of stuff they're carrying with them still doesn't seem to be possible.

Nael

Arcane
Brother None said:
RK47 said:
PS: I can't believe how many times I told Carth to piss off, leave me, go away, and he just continues the conversation as if I said something else. That dude's nuts.

Sounds like my brother-in-law. These people actually exist in reality.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Nael said:
Sounds like my brother-in-law. These people actually exist in reality.

Somehow that is of no comfort to me.

Also, man these asshole options look like a lot of fun. Almost got me so far as to pick up DA again and do my own Bro-playthrough.

Twinkle

Liturgist
Back to Redcliffe

4196407423_6c57fa98f3_o.jpg

Now it's a ghost town.

4197162186_cc2d394d32_o.jpg

A lonely scavenger pokes around town's square.

4196407755_bde3df3774_o.jpg

4196407787_c0d800fc63_o.jpg
Scavenger: G-get away, you! I'm armed!

facebron.jpg
Bro: You're joking, right?

Scavenger: Fine, just keep your distance. I got here first, not that the pickings are worth fighting over.

Scavenger: Monsters attacked the village and dragged the bodies off to the castle. It's magic -- dark magic.

Scavenger: There's a bit of valuables left if you look hard... apparently, the monsters weren't interested in them much. Only survivor's in the chantry. Dying or asleep, maybe, I'm not going to risk it.

facebron.jpg
Bro: Move off, you! Before I cut you down!

Scavenger: Get away, you! I... I'm armed!

He runs away.

Bro decided to check if scavenger was right.

Seriously, BioWare, wtf with that bridge fetish?

4197162620_8c0d62ce87_o.jpg

facemorrigan.jpg
Morrigan: I have a wonder, Alistair, if you will indulge me.

facealistair.jpg
Alistair: Do I have a choice?

facemorrigan.jpg
Morrigan: Of the two of you that remain, are you not the senior Grey Warden here? I find it curious that you allow another to lead, while you follow.

facealistair.jpg
Alistair: You find that curious, do you?

facemorrigan.jpg
Morrigan: In fact, you defer to a new recruit. Is this a policy of the Grey Wardens? Or simply a personal one?

facealistair.jpg
Alistair: What do you want to hear? That I prefer to follow? I do.

facemorrigan.jpg
Morrigan: You sound so very defensive.

facealistair.jpg
Alistair: Couldn't you crawl into a bush somewhere and die? That would be great, thanks.

The dude was correct - nobody at home and not too much loot.

4196408145_c6415f78dd_o.jpg

An only survivor lies on the Chantry's floor.

4196408437_98d6cdbf34_o.jpg

4197163076_95b5d7a7a2_o.jpg

Bann Teagan: (Bann Teagan is badly wounded and unconscious, but still alive. You might be able to revive him.)

facebron.jpg
Bro: (Treat his wounds.)

Bann Teagan: (You treat Teagan's wounds successfully and he begins to regain consciousness.)

Bann Teagan: What... what happened? Where am I? Am I still in the village?

facebron.jpg
Bro: Don't thank me for saving your life, by the way.

Bann Teagan: Saving my life? I... how long did I lay there? Where are all the villagers?

He runs away.

4196408623_cc1e47cc6c_o.jpg

Bann Teagan: They're... they're gone. All of them.

Bann Teagan: You abandoned us! Why would you leave us to this fate?

facebron.jpg
Bro: You're alive. Why are you complaining?

Bann Teagan: I am thankful for my life, but everyone I sought to protect is dead. I have failed to save the village.

Bann Teagan: I know you have business of your own here... is this why you have returned?

facebron.jpg
Bro: Surely Arl Eamon must be dead by now.

Bann Teagan: Don't say that. You don't know that. He... he could be alive.

Bann Teagan: I had planned to make my way into the castle, once everyone was safe, and... it seems there is nothing stopping me now.

Bann Teagan: Come with me to the mill, if you like. We can talk more there.

At the windmill.

4196464113_5086ca7be1_o.jpg

Bann Teagan: Odd how quiet the castle looks from here. You would think there was nobody inside at all.

Bann Teagan: But I shouldn't delay things further. I had a plan... to enter the castle after the village was secure.

Bann Teagan: There is a secret passage here, in the mill, accessible only to my family.

facebron.jpg
Bro: Why didn't you mention this before?

Bann Teagan: I don't owe you an explanation. I doubt you would have decided to stay and help if I had told you.

Bann Teagan: Maker's breath!

Lady and her guard suddenly arrive.

4196464263_38f76076cd_o.jpg

4196464297_f0c3f057bc_o.jpg
Isolde: Teagan! Thank the Maker you yet live!

Isolde: I do not have much time to explain! I slipped away from the castle as soon as I saw the battle was over, and I must return quickly.

Isolde: And I... need you to return with me, Teagan. Alone.

facebron.jpg
Bro: Careful, this could be an ambush.

Isolde: What? I... who is this man, Teagan?

facealistair.jpg
Alistair: (Sigh) You remember me, Lady Isolde, don't you?

Isolde: Alistair? Of all the... why are you here?

Bann Teagan: They are Grey Wardens, Isolde. I owe them my life.

Isolde: Pardon me, I... I would exchange pleasantries, but... considering the circumstances...

facealistair.jpg
Alistair: Please, Lady Isolde... we had no idea anyone was even alive within the castle. We must have some answers!

Isolde: I know you need more of an explanation, but I... don't know what is safe to tell.

Isolde: Teagan, there is a terrible evil within the castle. The dead waken and hunt the living. The mage responsible was caught, but still it continues.

Isolde: And I think... Connor is going mad. We have survived but he won't flee the castle. He has seen so much death!

Isolde: You must help him, Teagan! You are his uncle. You could reason with him. I do not know what else to do!

facebron.jpg
Bro: Why do I get the feeling you aren't telling us everything?

Isolde: I... I beg your pardon! That's a rather impertinent accusation!

facebron.jpg
Bro: Not if it's true.

Isolde: An evil I cannot fathom holds my son and husband hostage! I came for help! What more do you want from me?

Bann Teagan: But... I do not understand what you mean by this "evil". Did it create the walking corpses? What is it?

Isolde: Something the mage unleashed. So far it alllows Eamon, Connor, and myself to live.

Isolde: The others... were not so fortunate. It's killed so many, and turned their bodies into walking nightmares! Once it was done with the castle, it struck the village!

Isolde: It wants us to live, but I do not know why. It allowed me to come for you, Teagan, because I begged, because I said Connor needed help.

facebron.jpg
Bro: Do you think this "evil" could be some kind of demon?

Isolde: I... I do not know. Oh, Maker's mercy! Could it truly be a demon?

Isolde: I can't let it hurt my Connor! You must come back with me, Teagan! Please!

facebron.jpg
Bro: So why must Teagan go alone?

Isolde: For Connor's sake, I promised I would return quickly and only with Teagan.

Isolde: Teagan, I know you could order your men to follow me when I return to the castle. I beg you not to, for Connor's sake!

facebron.jpg
Bro: Enough questions. We need to decide what to do.

Bann Teagan: The king is dead, and we need my brother now more then ever. I will return to the castle with you, Isolde.

Isolde: Oh, thank the Maker! Bless you, Teagan! Bless you!

facebron.jpg
Bro: This is a mistake. You're going to get yourself killed.

Bann Teagan: I cannot let Isolde return alone. Perhaps I can help Connor or Eamon. Perhaps this is really a trap, but this is my family. I must try.

Bann Teagan: I have no illusions of dealing with this evil alone. You, on the other hand, have proven quite formidable.

Bann Teagan: Isolde, can you excuse us for a moment? We must confer in private before I return to the castle with you.

Isolde: Please do not take too long! I will be by the bridge.

She leaves

Bann Teagan: Here's what I propose: I go in with Isolde and you enter the castle using the secret passage. My signet ring unclocks the door.

Bann Teagan: Perhaps I will... distract whatever evil is inside and increase your chances of getting in unnoticed. What do you say?

facebron.jpg
Bro: And that's it? It's all up to me?

Bann Teagan: The village is gone. There's nobody left to help us. If you choose not to go, I suppose it's up to me to do what I can.

Bann Teagan: Here's my signet ring. It will open the lock on the door in the mill.

Bann Teagan: Whatever you do, Eamon is the priority here. If you have to, just get him out of there. Isolde, me, and anyone else... we're expendable.

facebron.jpg
Bro: Of course you're expendable.

Bann Teagan: Well, that's something, I suppose.

Leliana: So we are just going to send him with that woman? It seems so dangerous!

Bann Teagan: But I can delay no longer. Allow me to bid you farewell... and good luck.

Here's "sekrit" passage.

4196464419_ed0f247d13_o.jpg

First encounter with zombies

4197219210_ce6cf9866c_o.jpg

Oh, a mage in a cage.

4196464555_c95bfea1b6_o.jpg
Jowan: Hello? Who's there? Is there anyone alive out there?

Jowan: Wait... you don't look like the arlessa's guards. Are you from outside the castle?

facebron.jpg
Bro: I'll ask the questions, here.

Jowan: I... yes. I understand.

facebron.jpg
Bro: (Intimidate) I don't want any trouble from you, do you understand me?

Jowan: Y-yes. No trouble from me. I understand.

facebron.jpg
Bro: Where is everyone else?

Jowan: I don't know. I... I've been down here for quite some time.

facebron.jpg
Bro: You expect me to believe that?

Jowan: It's the truth! Let me explain.

Jowan: My name is Jowan. I'm a mage Lady Isolde hired to tutor her son, Connor. Until they, ahhh, threw me into the dungeon here.

facebron.jpg
Bro: Lady Isolde mentioned that a mage was behind all this.

Jowan: No! I... I poisoned Arl Eamon, but that's all I did.

Jowan: I... I know it looks suspicious, but I'm not responsible for the creatures and the killings in the castle. I was already imprisoned when all that began.

Jowan: At first, Lady Isolde came here with her men demanding that I reverse what I'd done. I thought she meant my poisoning of the arl.

Jowan: That's the first I heard about the walking corpses. She thought I'd summoned a demon to torment her family and destroy Redcliffe.

Jowan: She... had me tortured. There was nothing I could do or say that would appease her. So they... left me to rot.

facebron.jpg
Bro: Why should I believe what you say?

Jowan: You probably shouldn't. I wouldn't. I'd plead for mercy, but... I'm not sure I deserve it.

facebron.jpg
Bro: Why did you posion Arl Eamon?

Jowan: I was instructed to by Teyrn Loghain.

Jowan: I was told that Arl Eamon was a threat to Ferelden, that if I dealt with him Loghain would settle matters with the Circle.

Jowan: You see, I'm a maleficar: a blood mage.

facemorrigan.jpg
Morrigan: You? A blood mage? Truly? I would never have guessed.

facealistair.jpg
Alistair: A blood mage! Well that isn't good.

Jowan: I dabbled in the forbidden arts, and they condemned me to death for it. I thought Loghain was giving me a chance to... redeem myself...

Jowan: But he's abandoned me here, hasn't he? Everything's fallen apart, and I'm responsible! I have to make it right somehow, I have to!

facebron.jpg
Bro: Why is Arl Eamon a threat, exactly?

Jowan: He only said that Arl Eamon was dangerous to the nation. Why wouldn't I believe Teyrn Loghain?

facebron.jpg
Bro: So Teyrn Loghain himself hired you?

Jowan: Yes, when the templars caught me, they brought me to Denerim to await execution.

Jowan: Eventually, someone came to see me, alone. It was the teyrn. I'd seen paintings of him so I knew.

Jowan: I thought he'd have me executed right there, but he said I could make up for my crime. He said I would be helping the country.

facebron.jpg
Bro: Why are you so eager to make things right?

Jowan: I'm not allowed regrets? I've made a stupid mistake at the Circle, and now I've made an even greater one.

Jowan: I'm... not a bad person. There's no reason for you to believe me, but I'm not. I have to make up for what I've done. I have to try.

facebron.jpg
Bro: But why did the arlessa need a mage to tutor her son?

Jowan: Connor had started to show... signs. Lady Isolde was terrified the Circle of Magi would take him away for training.

facealistair.jpg
Alistair: Connor? A mage? I can't believe it!

Jowan: She sought an apostate, a mage outside the Circle, to teach her son in secret so he could learn to hide his talent. Her husband had no idea.

facebron.jpg
Bro: Perhaps her son is responsible for what happened.

Jowan: I thought that, too. Connor has little knowledge of magic, but he may have done something to tear open the Veil.

Jowan: With the Veil to the Fade torn, spirits and demons could infiltrate the castle. Powerful ones could kill and create those walking corpses.

facebron.jpg
Bro: I see. I think I understand.

Jowan: I never meant for it to end like this. I swear. Let me help you fix this.

facemorrigan.jpg
Morrigan: I say this boy could still be of use to us. But if not, then let him go. Why keep him prisoner here?

facealistair.jpg
Alistair: Hey, hey! Let's not forget he's a blood mage! You can't just... set a blood mage free!

facemorrigan.jpg
Morrigan: Better to slay him? Better to punish him for his choices? Is this Alistair who speaks or the templar?

facealistair.jpg
Alistair: I'd sy it's common sense. We don't even know the whole story yet.

Leliana: He wishes to redeem himself... doesn't everyone deserve that chance?

facemorrigan.jpg
Morrigan: Like yourself, you mean?

Leliana: Everyone deserves a chance to redeem themselves in the Maker's eyes; this man no less than any.

facealistair.jpg
Alistair: I don't know. He is a blood mage... but this is an unusual situation.

Jowan: Give me a chance, please!

facebron.jpg
Bro: So how will you make things right?

Jowan: I'd... well, I'd try to save anyone still up there. There must be something I can do.

facebron.jpg
Bro: Isn't it a little late for that?

Jowan: I don't think it will redeem me, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't try?

facebron.jpg
Bro: And after that, what happens?

Jowan: Afterwards? I assume I'll be arrested. Or executed. Or... whatever people like me get.

Jowan: I'm tired of running from the Circle. I need to account for what I've done.

facebron.jpg
Bro: I don't believe you.

Jowan: I'm not surprised. So what now?

facebron.jpg
Bro: You come with me, that's what.

Jowan: I'm... not sure that's a good idea.

Jowan: I'd like to help out, but... I'm not so sure I want to follow you into danger, exactly.

facebron.jpg
Bro: Would you rather I kill you?

Jowan: I... not, I don't want to die. I guess you'll do what you have to, and so will I.

facebron.jpg
Bro: I hereby execute you for your crimes. (Kill him.)

Jowan: Very well.

4196464631_81a39b8ecd_o.jpg

4196464729_d86abee2bc_o.jpg

Morrigan disapproves -10
Leliana disapproves -3
Alistair disapproves -5

He deserved to die for his voice acting in Mage Origin alone.

We see several familiar faces amongst walking corpses

4196464879_8100a7886a_o.jpg

The basement area is completed:

4196465007_dcecfc3d7e_o.jpg

Lots of monsters on the main floor.

4197219842_131cf5699f_o.jpg

Some of them lurk behind the doors.

4197220020_154c7dbcb0_o.jpg

4199175728_006177ae42_o.jpg

Enemies in a nearby rooms try to swarm you if one of their groups is under attack.

4198422611_12742b03ef_o.jpg

Mad dogs. Some stuff here is useful for our mabari.

4198422843_4934d48d1f_o.jpg

A survivor here. It seems that zombies decided that she is one of their own, looking at her ugly dumb face.

4199176378_d24e4f5a4a_o.jpg

4199176412_3b747ba74a_o.jpg
Valena: Ahhh! Please don't hurt me!

facebron.jpg
Bro: Stupid girl. Get out of my way!

Valena: I'm sorry! I'm sorry! Don't hit me!

Valena: My... my name's Valena, the arlessa's maid. Is she... all right? What happened to everyone?

facebron.jpg
Bro: I have no time to chat.

Valena: Then... should I stay here? Should I run away? What should I do?

facebron.jpg
Bro: There is a tunnel leading out in the dungeon.

Valena: B-but the monsters...

facebron.jpg
Bro: This is your only chance. Flee, or die.

Valena: I'll find my way. I can run fast and I know the castle. Thank you!

Cone of cold works against groups of zombies like a charm.

4198423313_cceb57d6a0_o.jpg

An exit to the basement

4198423515_59d64a902b_o.jpg

Nothing here except several unlockable chests.

4198423759_448da81e09_o.jpg

We reached a castle's courtyard. Of course enemies already control it. Enter the new type of enemies, Revenant, which will become a major pain in the ass later. This one is not that cool, however, as Force Cage renders him harmless and lets you slay all zombies without hassle.

4198424033_215d7df4de_o.jpg

At last main castle gate is available.

4198424281_0660836093_o.jpg

Kid wants moar lulz

4198424455_8fcca047fc_o.jpg

4198530789_d9c3e1d905_o.jpg

4198530995_cb84d2a21c_o.jpg

4198531021_51ed8eea55_o.jpg
Connor: So these are our visitors? The ones you told me about, Mother?

Isolde: Y-yes, Connor.

Connor: And this is the one who was with Uncle Teagan? The one you met at my village?

Connor: And now it's staring at me! What is it, Mother? I can't see it well enough.

Isolde: This is a dwarf, Connor. You... you've seen dwarves before. We've had them here at the castle...

Connor: Had them? For dinner, maybe. Looks like a tough chew, maybe in a nice stew. Shall I send it to the kitchen, Mother?

Isolde: C-Connor, I beg you, don't hurt anyone!

Connor: M-Mother? What... what's happening? Where am I?

Isolde: Oh, thank the Maker! Connor! Connor, can you hear me?

Connor: Get away from me, fool woman! You are beginning to bore me.

Isolde: Grey Warden... please don't hurt my son! He's not responsible for what he does!

facebron.jpg
Bro: So he is the evil force you spoke of.

Isolde: No, don't say that!

facemorrigan.jpg
Morrigan: So the boy has become an abomination and sundered the Veil?

Isolde: Connor didn't mean to do this! It was that mage, the one who poisoned Eamon -- he started all this! He summoned this demon! Connor was just trying to help his father!

facemorrigan.jpg
Morrigan: And made a deal with the demon to do so? Foolish child.

Connor: It was a fair deal!

Connor: Father is alive, just as I wanted. Now it's my turn to sit on the throne and send out armies to conquer the world! Nobody tells me what to do anymore!

Bann Teagan: Nobody tells him what to do! Nobody! Ha-ha!

Connor: Quiet, uncle. I warned you what would happen if you kept shouting, didn't I? Yes, I did.

Connor: Butt let's keep things civil. This man will have the audience he seeks. Tell us... what have you come here for?

facebron.jpg
Bro: I need to see Arl Eamon.

Connor: So you're a concerned well-wisher. Why didn't you say that in the first place? All this sneaking around and killing is so unnecessary!

Connor: But Father is so very ill. We really shouldn't disturb him. Isn't that right, Mother?

Isolde: I... I don't think...

Connor: Of course you don't. Ever since you sent the knights away, you do nothing but deprive me of my fun. Frankly, it's getting dull.

Connor: I crave for excitement! I crave action! The village wasn't enough, and I'm bored now, I want more!

He runs away

Bann Teagan and his guards attack. Of course they'll be defeated soon.

4199285148_1b6cc46ed8_o.jpg

4198531431_b300463618_o.jpg

FACT: Several punches in the head and you are free from demonic influence.

Isolde: Teagan! Teagan, are you all right?!

Isolde: Blessed Andraste! I would never have forgiven myself had you died, not after I brought you here. What a fool I am!

Isolde: Please! Connor's not responsible for this! There must be some way we can save him!

facebron.jpg
Bro: I see no way this can end up happily.

facemorrigan.jpg
Morrigan: Clearly, the child is an abomination. There is only one way to stop it.

Isolde: He is not always the demon you saw. Connor is still inside him, and sometimes he breaks through. Please, I just want to protect him!

Bann Teagan: Isn't that what started this? You hired the mage to teach Connor in secret... to protect him.

Isolde: If they discovered Connor had magic, then they'd take him away! I thought if he learned just enough to hide it, then...

facebron.jpg
Bro: So you had no idea the man you hired was an assassin?

Isolde: None. I trusted Loghain. Why wouldn't I? How could I have suspected the mage he sent would be a murderer?

Bann Teagan: And Eamon knew nothing of your plans? Do you not realize what you've done, Isolde?!

Isolde: Eamon would only demand we do the right thing! I was not going to lose my son! Not to... to magic!

facebron.jpg
Bro: And now you may lose him anyway, and so much more.

Isolde: No, no please! There must be another way! There must be something we can do!!

facebron.jpg
Bro: What are our options?

facealistair.jpg
Alistair: I wouldn't normally suggest slaying a child, but... he's an abomination. I'm not sure there's any choice.

Leliana: We can't kill a young boy, demon or no demon. Please don't say we're considering that!

Bann Teagan: Connor is my nephew, but... he is also possessed by a demon. Death would be... merciful!

Isolde: No! What... what about the mage? He could know something of this demon! If he still lives, we could speak to him!

facebron.jpg
Bro: No, you can't. He's dead.

Isolde: Can we do nothing else?

facemorrigan.jpg
Morrigan: Killing the child is the quickest course, but to say there is nothing else possible would be a lie. We can confront the demon in the Fade, though not easily.

Bann Teagan: What do you mean? The demon is within Connor, is it not?

facemorrigan.jpg
Morrigan: No, it lies in the Fade and controls the boy from there. We can follow the connection, however, and do battle with its true form.

Isolde: So you can enter the Fade? And kill the demon without hurting my boy?

facemorrigan.jpg
Morrigan: Possible to, yes. Able to, perhaps not. Entering the Fade requires lyrium as well as numerous mages to perform the ritual.

Isolde: Neither of which we have. I... understand. Can we do nothing else.

facebron.jpg
Bro: Forget the ritual. We fight the demon here.

Of course child-killing is only and proper option. :twisted:

Isolde: Please don't! It isn't his fault! He just tried to help his father; why must he pay with his life?

Bann Teagan: Do not make this any harder than it is, Isolde. He has made his decision.

Isolde: Who says he gets to decide? I'm Connor's mother! I'm the arlessa!

Bann Teagan: This is what must be done!

Isolde: No-ooo!! No! I won't let you do this! It isn't right! It isn't right!!

Leliana: It isn't right. Please don't do this. There must be another way.

facebron.jpg
Bro: (Persuade) You know it's for the best, Leliana.

Leliana: Maybe. But it feels like we simply haven't tried hard enough.

Bann Teagan: Go, and do this quickly. We must save Eamon and restore the castle. I will make Isolde understand.

4199285494_e5914a2a38_o.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom