Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's deck into the BLOODNET (Undead Version)

You said you weren't going to take the cyborg since he lowers your party's standing yet you took him anyway, might want to edit that.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
ghostdog said:
Well, the place is a dump but at least it seems they have sattelite tv.

Immigrants, eh

(not racist)

ghostdog said:
BN_hondo.jpg
I know what you got and that's an over-the-edge 'too on your face. Hope that's not permanent.

BN_Stark.jpg
It'll come off. I just wear it to impress the women.

For some reason this made me LOL.

ghostdog said:

Matrix going sentient, huh? :shock:

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Brother None said:
Matrix going sentient, huh? :shock:

It's established that the Wachowski bros are filthy thieves. :smug:

I think most of these terms were used by, and sometime created for, the shadowrun setting.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Unradscorpion said:
And I'm sure I saw some of them in Gibson's books.

True, Ulrtaviolet in her poem mentions Orwell, Gibson and Sterling. These are some good influences.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron

The world of BloodNet is dangerous. We should know which fights to avoid, especially if they are against vampire-hunting transvestites. Carter had to die yet another time (RIP brother), in order for Stark to continue showcasing his smugness.

-=[VI]-A.FINE.SPECIMEN.OF.ULTRAOMNIPOTENCE-[VI]=-

This time we'll choose a better (and cheaper) party. We'll only keep Rymma from the previous group. Let's head to the rear of the abyss.

bloodnet534.jpg

Here Stark bumps on a former lover, Monique. She doesn't really like his current looks.

bloodnet536r.jpg
bloodnet537.jpg

BN_Monique.jpg
Shelve the self-pity, Mr. Lonelyheart. It isn't selling. I'm genuinely concerned. You're as pale as a corpse.

BN_Stark.jpg
I don't want to involve you in this mess, Monique.

BN_Monique.jpg
Howler, you better. I'm still your friend.

BN_Stark.jpg
Some heavy stuff. Involves TransTech, cyberspace and... Vampires. Which is what I've become. Deidre Tackett's been kidnapped because of me. Everything's gone wrong, and if I don't get control of things soon, I'm doomed.

BN_Monique.jpg
Don't be too proud to ask for help, Ransom. Want me to tag along ?

Of course we want you Monique !

bloodnet546.jpg

No one can resist Stark's smile. Monique has excellent agility and that will come in handy.

bloodnet1558.jpg

We also find an old friend in one of the tables, Lash Givens.

bloodnet548.jpg
bloodnet549.jpg

BN_Lash.jpg
So what's got ya ? Somebody inject ya with a designer virus ? You look like you've lost half of your blood, boy.

BN_Stark.jpg
Wish it was a bio-weapon... This'll sound crazy, Lash. Those Vampire rumors you've been hearing ? They're true. I've seen them. I've become one of them.

BN_Stark.jpg
A vampire named Van Helsing--yeah like the guy in the Dracula legends--he lured me to his penthouse on a bogus job. He was looking for Tackett, when he got what he wanted out of me, did this to me. My implant is the only thing keeping me human, but it wont last long.

BN_Lash.jpg
Y'all serious aren't you ? ...a vampire? My god... look at ya. What the hell do we do about this Ransom ?

BN_Stark.jpg
I don't know. I've gotta find a cure before it's too late. And I have to save Deidre. Van Helsing's grabbed her. He's after Incubus. Turns out that's for real too. I owe that woman my life, Lash.

BN_Lash.jpg
Brother, you are in serious shit up to your earlobes. Maybe I better come with ya on this one ?

Fuck yeah, another party member for free. Stark has friends after all. Lash has pretty good conversational and observational skills:

bloodnet1559.jpg

Party members comment frequently on the current situation, it seems the old gang is together again:

bloodnet561.jpg

Now, maybe we should have a talk with Luke, he's a long time employee of the Abyss and he knows the word on the street.

bloodnet562.jpg
bloodnet563.jpg

BN_Luke.jpg
Well, Maranda Armanda and Leeza Five Eagles have really made a name for themselves. First rate fighters. Maranda's got that fearless look in her eye that I haven't seen in this place since you first came in here years ago, ready to take NY by storm.

BN_Stark.jpg
You don't say :smug:

BN_Luke.jpg
Now, this Boston Himishaka guy is a dope-head. It's said that he's a pretty good fighter and a good decker, but I wouldn't trust him. One of these days, somebody's gonna find him dead from chocking on his own vomit.

BN_Stark.jpg
Thanks for the info, Luke.

BN_Luke.jpg
It was good seeing' you again, Stark. Don't be a stranger. And Stark, do me a favor, huh? Take your usual fights outside, OK?

Hmm, I don't think we'll keep that promise. We wont bother with that Himisaka dope head (since he wants dope in order to hire him, sorry bro but I don't give away my dope) but we'll take a shot at that fearless bitch, Armanda.

bloodnet587.jpg

I wouldn't really call her a beauty, but let's talk to her.

bloodnet588.jpg
bloodnet589.jpg

BN_Armanda.jpg
Well, you're looking at the finest of fighters right here , if you can afford me. I love the fight. Live for it. Always looking for a little excuse to cause a little pain.

BN_Stark.jpg
You seem pretty sure of yourself. But arrogance never saved my skin in the heat of battle. I need skill.

BN_Armanda.jpg
Well, if you have doubts, why don't you find out for yourself? Maybe you'll live long enough to make a decision !

WTF ? She just attacked us ! We can take her (and her lesbian friend) down if we want, but I'd prefer her as a party member.

bloodnet610.jpg

A good general knows when to retreat.

bloodnet628.jpg

So, lets get back to Maranda and her Armanda.

bloodnet631.jpg

You're one crazy bitch. Welcome on board !

BN_Armanda.jpg
Smart move. Now any patronizing talk and I'm out of here, got it? Try any of that garbage and you're gonna start bleeding before you finish talking.

BN_Stark.jpg
If you're such a tough one, why didn't you manage to take me down back there ?

BN_Armanda.jpg
You moron. I wanted your money. There's only one thing that gives me more pleasure than the kill--cash. Now let's go.

Damn, she's extreme. I like her. And yeah, she has good combat skills.

bloodnet637z.jpg

Now we need weapons, ammo, armor and other means of mass destruction. A street dealer is our best solution right now. Let's head over to Auntie personnel.

bloodnet645.jpg
bloodnet646.jpg

We sure are.

bloodnet668w.jpg

I love my uzi too :cool: SO let's pick up some shotgun shells, kevlar armor and some 44. Magazines. Your comrade with the best negotiating skills negotiates each time you buy and sell stuff.

bloodnet641.jpg
bloodnet584.jpg

Wait, is Rymma using traffic signs for armor ? :shock: Well, the subway sign is pointing to the right direction...

Anyway, we gave Rymma dual laser pistols, Maranda takes the laser rifle, Monique the machine pistol, and Lash the assault rifle. This will do for now. Now I think it's about time we saw what's all the fuzz about this KAFKA Conspiracy we heard about at Cafe Voltaire...

bloodnet678.jpg

We find 3 guys slumming. One of them is a man that carries a bunch of dictionaries. He's another wacko of the Bloodnet universe, he talks in dictionary language :

bloodnet680.jpg
bloodnet681.jpg

BN_word.jpg
We have one value (principle, standard) : Information will be free. The company's control (authority, ability to dominate) over cyberspace will collapse. The Kafka conspiracy (accord to be illegal, treacherous, evil) will hasten that collapse.

BN_Stark.jpg
How many in your organization ?

BN_word.jpg
Our number is shadowy (indistinct and dubious) and always shifting (transferring position and place). It isn't numbers that will free us, it's ideas.

O-KAY, whatever you say, man. A mysterious woman is sitting nearby , smoking a hookah. It seems she likes to tell stories.

bloodnet686.jpg

Me likes tales.

bloodnet688.jpg
bloodnet690.jpg

Enlightening. Now I'm no mentalist, but something tells me she is talking about Deidre Tackett and those children she took care of. There must be a way for someone to transcend his conscious fully into cyberspace. Creepy stuff. Now let's talk to the 3rd guy that looks like the leader.

bloodnet692.jpg
bloodnet693a.jpg

This one is into quotes. I like these pretentious psychos.

BN_Hoover.jpg
Do you support--to quote from Cummings--that "fine specimen of ultraomnipotence" that triumph of progress, TransTechnicals ?

BN_Stark.jpg
You're not the only ones out to get the company. We might be able to help one another.

BN_Hoover.jpg
My enemy's enemy is my friend. I see that you're armed. We eschew violence as a political weapon , because really, who would notice one more murder in this city ? Language is our weapon.

BN_Stark.jpg
Whaddya, talk them to death ?

BN_Hoover.jpg
I look to Stevens who says, "We are the artificers of the world in which we sing" Information is power and TransTech has power over information. Information depends on transmission. The Conspiracy targets the Company's means of transmission.

BN_Stark.jpg
I don't want to know what you've done, pal. I want to know what you plan on doing.

bloodnet701a.jpg
bloodnet703.jpg

BN_Hoover.jpg
They're just turning video into profit. There's no politics. They don't care who has access to information. I think they prefer to have the Company holding the reigns.

But... it wasn't removed from an inventory !

BN_Stark.jpg
Ok, but why are you citing sources for almost everything you say ?

BN_Hoover.jpg
As Umberto Eco explained, it acknowledges the loss of innocence. Everything's been said and done before by someone. I have to tip my hat to those who've come before.

BN_Stark.jpg
So, about this transmitter...

BN_Hoover.jpg
Bring it to me as a sign of good faith and we can discuss helping each other further. One other thing, no violence. Murder would give the heat another reason to come down on us. Someone will be watching you, so be careful not to kill anyone.

Great. We'll be hunting down evil pirates and stealing their transmitters. And what's with this no-kill policy ? Armanda will go bonkers ! Anyway, at least we found a source of possible help and we've learned some stuff about Deidre. Now, let's take a look at our bloodlust :

bloodnet710.jpg

Ok... 8%, we're still holding on good. Next time we'll do some serious site-seeing. We'll visit the Metropolitan museum (that has been turned into an upper-class club), central park (that has become a huge dumpster full of homeless people) , and maybe do a bit of cyber-decking.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
central park (that has become a huge dumpster full of homeless people)
Good place for early visit. Easy and rewarding quest with TransTech ex-employee. And you may buy parts for fucking flamethrower! Don't know why, but I love flamethrowers in games.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
ghostdog said:
No one can resist Stark's smile. Monique has excellent agility and that will come in handy.

Oh, excellent agility, eh? Say no more, say no more! A nod's as good as a wink to a blind bat.

ghostdog said:
As Umberto Eco explained, it acknowledges the loss of innocence.

Ok, please kill this piece of shit. Anyone who cites those pseudointellectual shitbags Eco or Rand as worthwhile needs to be put against the wall and executed.

Anyway, excellent stuff. Moar.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
And you may buy parts for fucking flamethrower! Don't know why, but I love flamethrowers in games.

Oh, yes. I've already assembled it :smug:

Ok, please kill this piece of shit. Anyone who cites those pseudointellectual shitbags Eco or Rand as worthwhile needs to be put against the wall and executed.
Hey, Eco at least wrote one good novel. Anyway, I think he's plot-critical (at least up to a point) so I'll not risk it.

You can easily fuck everything up by killing the wrong guy. As soon as I get hold of blood bottles, I'll refrain as long as I can from feeding from humans, unless I want them killed quickly that is.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron

-=[VII]-DISCARDED.COGS.FROM.THE.MACHINE-[VII]=-

Now that we have formed a good, dependable party, let's:

[ ] Go out and kill people
[ ] Get stoned and have group sex
[ ] Go to the Abyss and get wasted
[x] Visit some museums :

bloodnet_713.jpg

The Met. has been turned into some kind of club for the rich. The guard is a pleasant enough gal.

bloodnet_714.jpg

BN_Stark.jpg
I'm here with a friend.

BN_museumguard.jpg
Must be some friend, to get into this joint. Ever since they closed the Met to the public, the place is full of these rich brats every night.

BN_Stark.jpg
They seem harmless.

BN_museumguard.jpg
Yeah? Well, they supposedly closed off the place to protect the artifacts from us working-class vandals. And what happens ? These rich guys, trash the place.

bloodnet_721.jpg

There's a friendly old guy here, I hope he doesn't have some hidden perverted agenda.

bloodnet_725.jpg
bloodnet_727.jpg

Telling the truth is good for the soul.

BN_motgomerry.jpg
Well, what goes on there got just a little too scary for me. Borders on the perverse. It's a whole different crowd. I have some friends who are lucky enough to be members, though. Associates of mine at work.

BN_Stark.jpg
From the Company, huh ?

BN_motgomerry.jpg
Yes. They're always telling me to stop by. But frankly, the place actually frightens me now. You look like an adventurous sort. Would you like my invitation ?

We shouldn't accept gifts from strange, dirty old men, but we've already been molested by Van Helsing, so whatever. GIMME.

BN_motgomerry.jpg
Here. Now keep in mind, the club isn't everybody's business. It's more like a private, exclusive society than a club. They meet mid-town at the plaza. Oh and while you're there, you might want to look up my associate Emily Esaki. Maybe she could show you around.

bloodnet_733.jpg

Hell yeah. I'm sure the Hellfire club will be a blast. Who knows, we may even bump onto some rich and important people there :nudge: nudge: Apart from Montgomery there's also a snotty rich couple. And guess what, they want something from us.

bloodnet_739.jpg
bloodnet_740.jpg

BN_dphnedimitri.jpg
Well, I have been out of commission for a while. Damian and I finally had our baby. You have kids ?

BN_Stark.jpg
Not that I know of.

BN_dphnedimitri.jpg
You at all familiar with the technology of it ?

BN_Stark.jpg
I guess you could say technology is my thing :smug:

WINK WINK

BN_dphnedimitri.jpg
Ah, then maybe you can help me locate a program I've heard about. I hear it's experimental. Getting it would mean remarkable things for my daughter's mind. I'd pay you handsomely. You interested ?

Of course we are. We've already proven that there's not much we wouldn't do for money...

bloodnet_748copy.jpg

So, this Babel code can make you multilingual, huh ? Maybe it can also help us decipher a certain note... :clue: :!:
Before we leave let's perform a careful search of the area... well, well, it seems we can take the Sarcophagus.

[
bloodnet_761.jpg

Unfortunately, if we try to grab it, the guard will attack us and since we have no use of it (yet) let's leave it for now. Time to go. Since we're in the neighborhood, why don't we stop by central park ? (Thankfully going to areas that are in the same premises doesn't increase our bloodlust... much)

bloodnet_765.jpg

Ahh, at last some fresh air... Birds, trees, oxygen... WUT?

bloodnet_766.jpg
bloodnet_767.jpg

What have they done to my park ? And who are all these bums ? Let's talk to that dirty black kid.

bloodnet_770.jpg
bloodnet_771.jpg

BN_slickearl.jpg
Slick Earl knows a merc when he sees one. And I got the stuff to do it with. Look here.

BN_Stark.jpg
Just junk, Slick Earl.

BN_slickearl.jpg
No, sir ! Killer, you can use this hose, this nozzle and this rare tub to make a fine weapon. 'll give them to you for 300 bucks.

BN_Stark.jpg
300 ? What makes you so sure I won't just take them from you ?

BN_slickearl.jpg
'Cause you a tough guy, but you wouldn't hurt no kid. Slick Earl can tell.

Aww, Stark helps little cyberpunks whenever he can. Let's buy the stuff. Who knows, they might be useful. There's also another poor girl that sells an electrode for some bucks, we get that too, cause cyber-Vamps certainly have uses for them... So let's talk to that big woman there, she seems like she's in charge of this sorry bunch.

bloodnet_797.jpg
bloodnet_798.jpg

BN_kimba.jpg
Hard not to find a TransTech disgrunt on the Great Lawn. Not that any of them would spill to an external Security contractor. Get lost, ace, before someone takes a shot at you.

BN_Stark.jpg
I don't work for the Company. Worked for them once, but all I got for it was a life's woth of trouble.

BN_kimba.jpg
That's a familiar story. I'm Kimba West. I'm sorta the mayor of the shanty town. One way or another, we've all had a falling with the Company.

BN_Stark.jpg
It's been a long time since I've been here. It's even more squalid than I remember.

bloodnet_806.jpg
bloodnet_808.jpg

BN_kimba.jpg
What we need is a data angel and maybe some fire power to back it up

BN_Stark.jpg
I might be able to help you with that, for a price.

BN_kimba.jpg
Should be obvious that we lack the funds to contract a freelance. Still, we can be of use to you, if you're going against TransTech. Interested ?

BN_Stark.jpg
Could be.

BN_kimba.jpg
What we most need is a supply of fiber optic cable. With that we could illegaly jack into a junction box we discovered. Bring us the cable and we'll give you a access to our jack and aslo trade a few corporate secrets. No cash, but potentially the next best thing.

BN_Stark.jpg
Where am I supposed to get fiber optics ? They're restricted tech.

/ Fiber optics in 1994 were like alien technology.

bloodnet_820.jpg
bloodnet_822.jpg

Well, well. This deal is getting better and better. If we can get recognized as TrensTech employees, we'll have a much easier access at the Company's HQ. Anyway, Since we're here, let's search the premises...

bloodnet_825.jpg

We found... dirt. But since it's from soil, and it's a rarity... maybe we can... sell it ? What the hell, let's take it. It will be useful if we want to throw dirt on someone (hurdur). So, let's have a chat with the rest of these lowlifes.

bloodnet_829.jpg
bloodnet_832.jpg

PAWNED

There's also Karla, a former TransTech employee and Jodie, a little girl that's addicted to Psilo Blossoms (the next best thing since LSD). She says she'll trade a circuitry lining for a psilo blossom, but we don't have any, so we let her to her misery. There's also a strange guy here, stumbling around like he's blind. He also looks batshit crazy.

bloodnet_850.jpg
bloodnet_852.jpg

BN_sanders.jpg
They couldn't help me. It's not my eyes, but my mind that's going. I've got Hopkins-Brie syndrome. I can't always tell virtual reality from the real thing. These goggles filter things some, but still it's so disorienting. You can't know the horror of it.

Oh, yes we can.

BN_Stark.jpg
I have some idea.

BN_sanders.jpg
I'm another used up and discarded cog from the TransTech machine. Everyone knows that it's not healthy to interface with virtual reality for days at a time , but the Company doesn't care.

BN_Stark.jpg
Oh, I know it too well. One man is cheaper than three.

BN_sanders.jpg
Better for them to use us one at a time. When the mind goes, they shove you into the streets.

BN_Stark.jpg
I've got something that might help you.

BN_sanders.jpg
Help me ? hah! I'm sick and impoverished. I thought I was at least safe from con artists.

Hmm... we have that data cd we found on Deidre's lab, don't we ?

BN_Stark.jpg
I don't know if you can see what I have here, but it's the design architecture for a neural implant. This should help you distinguish the real world from the virtual.

That's my Stark ! Giving salvation to the people. This could help many Codexers, you know.

BN_sanders.jpg
And how does a freejack like yourself know about such a miracle machine ?.

BN_Stark.jpg
Because I've got one, that's how. No questions asked, it's your's. I'm looking for a friend of mine, Deidre Tackett. She's in trouble right now, but when I save her, she can install it on you. If I fail, I guess you'll have to take your chances with a back alley surgeon. Best I can do.

BN_sanders.jpg
I... I didn't realize you too had... I must repay you somehow. I pocketed some chips when I left the Company. Sold most of them but I want you to have this 4TB chip , a samurai soul,box and a dbase chip containing technical specs on over 300 subsidiaries. Could be of use to someone like you.

Charity pays after all. I don't know what's about Stark that everyone thinks he'll need all sorts of decking/weapon materials, but they're gotdam right ! The 4TB chip we'll sell for some good money, the dbase may be of use later, and the samurai soul box will give us access to many wells in C-Space. Not bad. Not bad at all.

bloodnet_888.jpg

So, now that we have all these goodies let's... end this chapter. :twisted:
Next time we'll pick up a new member, we'll construct a flamethrower out of random junk and we'll be visiting Deidre Tackett's Well. (and hopefully get some answers)

:DISCONNECTS:

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
@lightbane.

No diary/journal. You either have to write things down or take screenshots of everything. I chose the second option :lol: Also trying to solve one quest at a time wouldn't be possible, because most quests intervene with each other.

@Hoaxmetal

This is the future.

PS: what the fuck is this shit with b0rkeding teh kkkodex ? is there some quote per thread limit ?

Suchy

Arcane
lightbane said:
ghostdog said:

This could work as an avatar perfectly :cool: Also, you have many sidequests now, the game has some type of diary or something?
bricktop2.jpg

Awesome game by the way. I've replayed it not too long ago and managed to finish it after all.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
toht.jpg

Also I forgot to mention that even though there isn't any journal in the game, all conversations are recorded in your portable pc, so you can check out what you've done so far. Useful, if a bit chaotic.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
There are many more. Each character (and there are lots) has a different one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom