Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

FO BoS for PS2????

Rosh

Erudite
Deathy said:
I'm still wondering why I should care about Fallout being whored out again.

Yeah, it's gotten to the point where Interplay has passed the "Screw me twice...", but a long time ago.

Seriously, anyone who wonders why we give them shit needs a serious clue. They've lied to us, jerked us around, etc.

Whereas people like Troika, Zero-Sum, etc. have been very forthright and honest. Sure, if they make something I don't care about, who cares? But their concerns are about the spirit of GAMING intrinsic.

Section8

Cipher
Confirmation at last. I remember seeing Fallout:Brotherhood on EB's release list a while back, and there was no way they'd be porting Tactics to console. So this is it huh?

Anyone want to join me for a ride?

ham01.gif

We're going to need a shiteload of pallbearers to carry the lifeless corpse of the greatest RPG the world has ever known. And we need some eugooglies.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Here's a mail I've sent to the guy responsible for this:

Don't think this could change? It's not just the Fallout sites where people are pissed off, guys. It's everywhere at this point.

Jarinor

Liturgist
Oh, the humanity. Won't someone PLEASE think of the children?

Seriously, what genius thought this up? Looks like they've been working on it for a while (but the same happened with TORN), so hopefully it will be canned. This really probably would be a low selling title though, as how many dialogue options could you be given? It'd just be action, so why not just making it a post apocalyptic setting, without any references to the BoS, and especially the Fallout "alternate future"?

Course, no one at BIS is reading this, so what's the point?

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
If you want to voice your displeasure, there's a link to the Fallout Enforcer forum at Interplay in that email. I suggest you do it there.

Greenskin13

Erudite
You know, April 1st is coming (somewhat) soon, maybe this is an April Fool's Joke?

Please God, say it is.

Zetor

Arcane
Well... fuck.
"Chuck is about to make you his bitch."

I'm not a Fallout fanboy (though it's in my top 10 list), but geez. WTF is Interplay thinking?!
Not to mention that the graphics look like ass -- at first glance, I thought they were developing the game for the PS1. Do they really expect that G-strings, boobies and dualwielded guns will sell the game? Unless they're making a Tomb Raider clone, that is. Yeah, that'd work. *shudder*

/me mourns the Interplay he knew that passed away around 2000

-- Z.

Araanor

Liturgist
Well fuck. They finally went and did it.

For the sake of Black Isle, I hoped Interplay wouldn't die off. Now, nothing would make me happier. Corporate whorism in gaming on a new level, or not really. Enforcer indeed.

Someone should've e-mailed the poll-guy at IP's site with this suggestion for a poll:

What kind of Fallout game do you want?
1. Role-playing game.
2. Tactical combat game.
3. Console action game.

Maybe it would have given them SOME inkling of why everyone kept voting for FO.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Next they'll re-release Fallout with real time combat and all the guns turned into walkie-talkies.

Sabotai

Liturgist
Has any of the developers of Fallout Enforcer dared to post on the IPLY forum yet?

Rosh

Erudite
Sabotai said:
Has any of the developers of Fallout Enforcer dared to post on the IPLY forum yet?

No, because I think it's pretty safe to say they would be taking flak from NON-Fallout fans as well. Even casual gamers are raising the bullshit flag.

Sabotai

Liturgist
Can think of some company really happy with Interplay right now: Bioware. They'll be very glad that Interplay is taking massive damage with this.

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
Oh god. Dear god. They don't even know what a scorpion looks like.
The screenshots are funny.
The best one is the two flametroopers with skulls flanked by the hot chics following the leader hot chick in bikini across a bunch of sand with maligned textures.

Sabotai

Liturgist
Looking at those screenshots makes you want to create a RPG in which you start out as a naked chick wearing only a G-string.
The purpose of the game is to try to acquire as many garments as you can.
To this end you can cheat, screw, lie, work, adventure, blow up things, rob graves etc. as long as you get yourself covered up.
You win when you look something like a nun wearing a Burqa.

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
bullshit.jpg

What a load of crud. The skulls on the 'tanks' actually make the crapiness complete.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Holy fuck!!!! I've been away for a few days, so I totally missed the big news. Wow. I can't say I am really surprised, I did not expect much from Interplay anyway, but this.... I just want to know how the fuck they came up with a brilliant idea like this one. Is it because Bliz is doing Ghost? At least Ghost screens don't look like shit. And why the need to whore out the Fallout name? Console players don't give a fuck about it. And who the fuck thought of "a mysterious and heavily sought-after device"? How do they come up with the original shit like that? And what's with a new BOS logo?

To butcher a franchise like that should be considered a crime against humanity and all things decent.

Rayt

Liturgist
I honoustly don't care. It's not like it will replace Fallout 3, so why all the outrage.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom