Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let Me Trainwreck Final Fantasy VII For You! (Completed!)

DriacKin

Arbiter
Andyman, if you're gonna keep doing updates (which you should), you should remove the 'ABANDONED' tag in the thread title.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
DriacKin said:
Andyman, if you're gonna keep doing updates (which you should), you should remove the 'ABANDONED' tag in the thread title.
There's always a chance it'll happen.

sportforredneck said:
I've never bothered to read this LP. Is it actually interesting?
The first update is the only serious one, about half into the second update I pretty much just gave up. You'll notice a huge improvement in the decline with every update.

Chefe said:
Not really. It's just 59 pages of people saying "Stop doing this. You suck, Andyman."
Moar like 59 pages of people yelling "moar" and posting pictures of horses.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
(Two updates in less than a month? Goddamn, am I on a roll or what?)

PREVIOUSLY, on Final Fantasy 7:

ff7211.jpg

AND NOW, on Final Fantasy 7:

ff7212.jpg

It's Weapon.

rufusshinra.jpg
There's been so many attacks lately. Can we handle it?
Heidegger.jpg
I believe so. Your orders?
rufusshinra.jpg
No need to ask.
Heidegger.jpg
Aye aye, Cap'n!

ff7213.jpg

ff7214.jpg

Heidegger.jpg
Give it a facial it'll never forget!

ff7215.jpg

Right, so for everyone wondering about this huge fucking cannon. Well, its name is "Sister Ray" (yes, like the Velvet Underground song) and it was constructed for no goddamn reason some time before the events of Crisis Core, the prequel to FF7. It is powered entirely by mako (Huge Materia to be exact). It is said that one blast alone can destroy entire cities and that the blast can reach well beyond the ocean and to the other continents. But enough about myth, let's talk reality. Sister Ray is an absolute piece of shit of a weapon that will never serve any purpose other than failing really goddamn hard. Don't believe me? Let's continue!

ff7216.jpg

ff7217.jpg

ff7218.jpg

Take that, water!

ff7219.jpg

ff7220.jpg

ff7221.jpg

The suspense is killing me.

ff7222.jpg

ff7223.jpg

NO, YOU FUCKING MORON! YOU JUST SHOT THE GODDAMN WATER!

ff7224.jpg

WHAT?! THE BLAST DIDN'T EVEN HIT ANYTHING! HOLY SHIT, THERE WASN'T EVEN ANYTHING FOR IT TO HIT, GODDAMMIT!!

ff7225.jpg

Attack of the obnoxious blue boxes!

rufusshinra.jpg
How about the cannon?
Heidegger.jpg
It'll take time to reload.
rufusshinra.jpg
Then use regular firepower in the meantime!

Sigh.

ff7226.jpg

SIGH.

ff7227.jpg

ff7228.jpg

ff7229.jpg

ff7230.jpg

ff7231.jpg

ff7232.jpg

ff7233.jpg

ff7234.jpg

ff7235.jpg

ff7236.jpg

You heard the lady. Gas! How will Tifa get out of this one? Oh, and how about that actioneous cutscene, huh? Whoa! I bet you wish I had captured the video and put it up on youtube or something. Well, too bad and fuck you. See you in the next update when we escape from Shinra! Again.

Fuck yeah!

Chefe

Erudite
Andyman Messiah said:
Chefe said:
Not really. It's just 59 pages of people saying "Stop doing this. You suck, Andyman."

Same. I thought you would be better at pointing out sarcasm, Andy.

And I want to see you play out the Tifa/key minigame in excruciating detail.

Also it is interesting that Cloud and co. can take down a Weapon with a sword, shuriken, spear, gunarm, comb, fists, etc. after a few rounds, but Shinra can't with all the artillery fire in the world. Does this mean that Cloud and co. are more powerful than all of the nations in the world combined?

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Chefe said:
Andyman Messiah said:
Chefe said:

Same. I thought you would be better at pointing out sarcasm, Andy.
I thought that was what I did.

And I want to see you play out the Tifa/key minigame in excruciating detail.
No.

Also it is interesting that Cloud and co. can take down a Weapon with a sword, shuriken, spear, gunarm, comb, fists, etc. after a few rounds, but Shinra can't with all the artillery fire in the world. Does this mean that Cloud and co. are more powerful than all of the nations in the world combined?
Cloud and the gang are the chosen ones. They can kill a god with an umbrella if they wanted to.

Brother None said:
How close are we to the end anyway
Kinda close.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Actually, very far away.

Are you going to do the side-quests? Like get Vincent, the various map related hidden spots, etc?

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
ff7235.jpg

No wonder it's such a huge piece of shit, that thing is rusty as fuck. You'd think a military would want to keep its prototype weapons in top shape. Then again it's a military being ran by a teenager, a fat horsefucker, and a slut so what else could you expect?

Chefe

Erudite
Fat Dragon said:
No wonder it's such a huge piece of shit, that thing is rusty as fuck. You'd think a military would want to keep its prototype weapons in top shape. Then again it's a military being ran by a teenager, a fat horsefucker, and a slut so what else could you expect?

I wasn't always a teenager. It used to be run by a fat guy who wanted to find HEVAN!.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
HDKJGHDKHGKSHKJSH, on Final Fantasy 7!

ff7236.jpg

WUFUIASGHUFHAKHFJAKHFJAKHF, on Final Fantasy 7!

ff7237.jpg

puppet.jpg
Quickly, Barret! Use your iongatlinglaserrocketmachinegun to blast that door open and save Tifa!
barretwallace.jpg
Muthafucka can't, muthafucka.
puppet.jpg
Oh, alright then. HEY! TIFA! CHANNEL GUYBRUSH THREEPWOOD!!

ff7238.jpg

ff7239.jpg

But when B n' D exits the room...

ff7240.jpg

Scarlet locks the door!!

ff7241.jpg

You dumb motherfucker!

puppet.jpg
Alright, let's just get the fuck outta here.
barretwallace.jpg
Muthafucka what about Tifa muthafucka?
puppet.jpg
I'm sure we'll be able to save her if we steal that airship and use it to get as far as possible away from here.
barretwallace.jpg
Muthafucka that totally makes sense muthafucka! Muthafucka alright, let's do it muthafucka!

You dumb fuckermother!

ff7242.jpg

BLAH BLAH BLAH Yuffie joins our party.

ff7243.jpg

As opposed to where exactly? Wasn't this exactly where we were headed like a fucking minute ago? Are you telling me now you suddenly don't have a fucking plan?

I WANT TO GO HOME.

ff7244.jpg

Alright, so while these three idiots prepare to make their final stand...

ff7245.jpg

... Tifa is thrown into an aerobics-style minigame. When your only hope is a dimwitted marshmallow toy and a stupid Mr T impersonator... yeah, fuck that rescue attempt and bring on the minigame.

ff7246.jpg

So this is one of the most enjoyable minigames ever, in any game ever. It's easy, it's short, it makes... sense. I like it. Here we go.

ff7247.jpg

Wasn't that amazing?

Now let's just turn off the gas...

ff7248.jpg

... and open that damn door.

ff7249.jpg

You goddamn weaklings. What in the name of fuck are you eating? First Barret and now you? I'll bet anything that Yuffie could open that door with a poke from her pinky fing--SUDDENLY!!

ff7250.jpg

It's Weapon!

ff7251.jpg

He's using his laser breath to microwave open the roof to the torture chamber! How convenient! Thanks, Weapon!

ff7252.jpg

What a nice Weapon!

ff7253.jpg

Huh?

ff7254.jpg

HOLY SHIT THEY JUST SHOT WEAPON IN THE FACE!!

ff7255.jpg

That was pretty cool, actually. I guess I lied. Sister Ray is great when the target is like A METER AWAY!

Anyway, thanks to Weapon's bad breath, Tifa can climb the fuck out and escape the fuck out and totally get the fuck out.

ff7256.jpg

Expertly followed by Shinra-soldiers of course.

ff7257.jpg

The best way to capture a fugitive is to wait patiently for them to come back.

Anyway, speaking about fugitives...

ff7258.jpg

I DIDN'T KILL MY WIFE!
I DON'T CARE!

ff7259.jpg

Meh.

So they're actually standing on the cannon now. Make what you want about that piece of information. Here things quickly evolve into a slapping contest.

ff7260.jpg

This is another minigame I absolutely adore. Let's do it.

ff7261.jpg

Wasn't that amazing?

Anyway, we have an airship to board.

ff7262.jpg

ff7263.jpg

Look, everyone! It's Barret!

ff7264.jpg

He throws out a rope for Tifa to catch. She... does, and climbs up. The movie ends with a quick tour around the cannon, which I didn't bother screenshooting.

ff7265.jpg

That's what she said, et cetera. Anyway, we have a fucking airship now so that's pretty cool. It comes loaded with freshly defected crew members from Shinra's operation, a place to hang our chocobos and a pretty pointless meeting room (or "operation room" I guess..).

ff7266.jpg

In the next update we do some stuff.

Radisshu

Prophet
For some reason I found the weapon-getting-shot-in-the-face-bit really funny. I remember when I was like 12 and saw that scene for the first time, then it just seemed epic.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Elhoim said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsYlxEywO6w&feature=related

I remember seeing this scene in a THX cinema at my fathers work. It was pretty awesome.

It is pretty awesome. That's a damned good cutscene, really, even if the ending in-yo-face thing is slightly lulwutz. Kinda anti-climactic.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Last time on Final Fantasy 7 we got equipped with airship! Now join me as we talk about stuff that have happened.

ff7267.jpg

tifalockhart.jpg
...great.
cidhighwind.jpg
Huh, ain't you excited?!
Redxiii.jpg
Cid...
cidhighwind.jpg
Oh right. We lost that stupid kid.
puppet.jpg
Well, technically we lost a stupid kid clone of a stupid samurai faggot alien thing. Or something.
nikkisixx.jpg
That's as far as we know at least...
puppet.jpg
Yeah, yeah, we'll sum things up again when we know more about this shit.
tifalockhart.jpg
Redxiii.jpg
...um, Tifa? Do you... Do you think we're strong enough without Cloud?
tifalockhart.jpg
Well, Meteor is coming and Weapon is on the rampage and Shinra is a bunch of stupid dicks... I don't know.
barretwallace.jpg
Get ahold of yourself, Tifa! Let's think about this!

ff7268.jpg

FACT: Barret + Trains = True!

tifalockhart.jpg
If only Cloud was here, everything would be fine. He would... stand that cocky little way he did, and tell us what to do.
cidhighwind.jpg
Not on my "#¤%&! ship he would! I'd javelin him so hard in the ass he'd start to complain about gingivitis!
tifalockhart.jpg
..He'd say, "Everything's under control, Tifa."
barretwallace.jpg
... SHIIIII--- When did you become such a wimp, Tifa?!
tifalockhart.jpg
I'm sorry. I'm kind of shocked myself. I'm so depressed.

ff7269.jpg

THE MORE YOU KNOW: Here, Barret does his Tarzan routine and storms off. It's effectively hidden by Nanaki's blue box.

tifalockhart.jpg
I know. That's why I have to see him again.
cidhighwind.jpg
Are you two continuing some other conversation? That doesn't make sense.
tifalockhart.jpg
No, the translation just sucks. We're talking about how the real Cloud should be out there somewhere, or something, and that we should go look for him. The horrible translation doesn't really make it clear.
cidhighwind.jpg
So we're gonna embark on a wild goose chase for some stupid kid?
tifalockhart.jpg
Just say what's on your mind, Cid.

ff7270.jpg

cidhighwind.jpg
But I gotta admit he was a strange dude. I mean, just when you thought he was cool, he'd go off and do some damn fool thing. And when you thought he was smart, he'd show how stupid he was! Everything about him from his movements to his speech were kinda odd. Knowing what I do now, I can see why he was like that.
tifalockhart.jpg
Yeah...
cidhighwind.jpg
Well, as long as you stay alive you might just see him again some day, so cheer up.

Cid Highwind. Father figure, plot analysis expert and all around good guy. It's like looking in a fucking mirror.

tifalockhart.jpg
.....I'll be able to see him someday?
cidhighwind.jpg
That's right. Well, if we can find out where he is, the Highwind can get us there in no time!
Redxiii.jpg
Hmm, maybe...
cidhighwind.jpg
Huh?

ff7271.jpg

Redxiii.jpg
Buried in the depths of the underground...
tifalockhart.jpg
Deep within the earth... Are you talking about the Lifestream?
Redxiii.jpg
No, I'm talking about hell.
tifalockhart.jpg
Oh.
Redxiii.jpg
Of course I'm talking about the Lifestream! Um, sometimes it gushes out to the surface from cracks in the ocean floor. I once heard that such a place exists.
barretwallace.jpg
WELL ISN'T THAT MUTHAFUCKIN' CONVENIENT!?
Redxiii.jpg
Shut up, Barret. Go back to your corner and sulk.
barretwallace.jpg
Muthafucka fantasy bullshit!
tifalockhart.jpg
So if we find that place...
Redxiii.jpg
We might find Cloud.
tifalockhart.jpg
Hmm... Interesting.

ff7272.jpg

barretwallace.jpg
We did just fine without him in the beginning. Right?
tifalockhart.jpg
barretwallace.jpg
Shit, Tifa. What happened to that tough girl I used to know? Where'd she go?
tifalockhart.jpg
Well, I sure as hell don't know! Let's just take our newly acquired airship for a spin and see if we can find her.

ff7273.jpg

tifalockhart.jpg
Hey, pilot guy, I'd like to...

ff7274.jpg

tifalockhart.jpg
Oh what the fuck now?
cidhighwind.jpg
Sorry, Tifa, but I gotta show this moron how to fly the ship properly. You look tired. Why don't you go to your room and rest up? Come back in a while and I'll have him prepped up for your every airship flying desire.
tifalockhart.jpg
Thanks, dad.
cidhighwind.jpg
Don't mention it.. wait what?!

And so Tifa went to the Operation Room, saved her game and picked up her party members Barret and Nanaki while Captain Dad Cid remained on the bridge and grinded his level 3 pilot character to a more competent level 3!

Hang on for a thrilling update I have named "I fly around and do stuff!" It should magically appear in the thread tomorrow. It'll be awesome.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Man, when I first had Cloud disappeared plot point, I thought there was an option to just proceed to the end game without him, ala Chrono Trigger. Turns out there isn't. You gotta grab Blondie to progress.

DriacKin

Arbiter
Andyman Messiah said:
Hang on for a thrilling update I have named "I fly around and do stuff!" It should magically appear in the thread tomorrow. It'll be awesome.
Updates seem to be coming much more frequently these last couple of weeks. I like it. :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom