Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play STRIFE ! (Finished.)

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
It's simple really.
He who possesses all the pieces of the one god can become unto a god himself.
Kill the Oracle.
Use Macil to your own ends. Find out what he knows. Once he's completed his usefulness, eliminate him.
Then track down and destroy their one god.
Become GOD!

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
I think it's possible to kill them both. I'll play a bit and see what gives.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
You chose it folks, we'll kill 'em all !
(But we'll leave Macil for later because killing him now can cause game-stopping bugs.)
But what matters is that your voice was heard !
(It's just that the third choice was a Bioware choice.)

EPISODE XI : SO MUCH FOR PROGNOSTICATION

Now where were we ?

Strife_0425.jpg

Strife_0426.jpg

Ah yes, we'll play along for now...

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
Ok, I'll confront Macil.

Strife__Oracle.jpg
The river of time moves forever onward, while you stand still.

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
Whatever.

Let's see what Macil has to say about this...

Strife_0427.jpg

Strife_0428.jpg

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
The Oracle says you're a traitor.

Strife__Macyl.jpg
I have sworn myself to freedom! It's the Oracle who holds the third piece. There's your traitor.

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
Hmm...

Strife__Macyl.jpg
Are you going to believe that green-faced abomination over your trusty leader and comrade ?

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
Ok, your sound arguments convinced me. The Oracle will die !

Strife_0429.jpg

Strife__blackbird.png
Onward my champion, let's make mister ugly twist and shout.

But before that why don't we grab two more implants ?

Strife_0430.jpg

Strife_0431.jpg

Oh yeah, that's some strong stuff, baby... Now we can take on the fucking world...

Strife_0432.jpg

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
Hola.

Strife__Oracle.jpg
Have you ended your leader's existence ?

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
What, doesn't the mighty Oracle already know ?

Strife__Oracle.jpg
...?

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
I guess you didn't see this coming...

Strife_0453.jpg

Strife_0433.jpg

Damn, another specter. It seems that only the sigil can hurt them.

Strife_0435.jpg

Strife_0436.jpg

Strife_0437.jpg

Strife_0438.jpg

Strife_0439.jpg

Strife__blackbird.png
Well, so much for being able to see the future. Hold it, Macil is calling us back. Let's get out of here in one piece.

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
Ok, but there are some priests left. Better leave no witnesses.

Strife_0440.jpg

What? They're some kind of hologram ? Hmm, let's get back to Macil.

Strife_0442.jpg

WHAT IF... said:

:idea:
Hey ! Now that I think of it... Doesn't Macil have two different colored eyes ?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Strife_Macil_eyes.jpg

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
Indeed ! His one eye is kind of greenish and his other kind of yellowish... Oh my god, he's a filthy traitor !

Strife__blackbird.png
Hey, you shouldn't jump to conclusions. It could be a result of the radiation. Or it could be that the artists were a bit lazy with the portrait...

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
Hush, woman ! It's obvious to me now... Macil you're a blood-thirsty, demon spawn !

Strife__Macyl.jpg
Are you mad ? You've got no proof whatsoever !

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
Your guilty face is all the proof I need, Acolyte-lover !

Strife__Macyl.jpg
What if you're wrong, have you thought of that ?

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
If I'm wrong we'll give you a nice funeral with hero's honors. Now, let's fight !

Strife__Macyl.jpg
But you have the Sigil and I merely have a shotgun, how can you even call this a fight?

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
Hmm ok, I'll use only conventional weapons...

Now, DIIIIEEEEEEE !!!

Strife_0444.jpg

Strife_0445.jpg

Strife_0446.jpg

WTF, he's stronger than I thought... Maybe the good old punch daggers can do the job ?

Strife_0447.jpg

No. How about the assault rifle ?

Strife_0443.jpg

Fuck ! maybe the- AAAARGGGHHHHH !

Strife_0448.jpg

Strife__Macyl.jpg
Heheheh, I can't believe he fell for the oldest trick in the book...

Uh, let's do what Macil says... for now.

Strife_0449.jpg

Strife__blackbird.png
Bio-mechanical? well that explains their seemingly endless supply of troops ... and their bad attitude...

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
Where is it located ?

Strife__Macyl.jpg
One of our captains, Richter, is waiting for you by the waterfall in the Commons. He has seen the facility and can guide you inside. Stop this atrocity, now.

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
They'll pay for this.

But first let's pick up a couple more implants... Wow, we're getting near the level cap.

Strife_0450.jpg

Strife_0451.jpg

And now we're off to Commons !

Strife_0452.jpg

It's another town where the fascist regime oppresses the simple proletarians. But not for long. Cloud strife will cast away their chains, and grab some totalitarian collars while he's at it.

Multi-headed Cow

[Intelligence]: So you use your shotgun as a weapon to fight the player character.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Well actually if you kill macil after he gives you the quest to find Richter, then Richter becomes the front leader and you can continue with his quests. But it's possible that later on the game would think that the Oracle is still alive and thus bug the game. So just to be sure we'll follow the secure path.

Turok

Erudite
Soo is true that macil got a part of the weapon?? if is true then what happen if you dont kill him??? you get the full weapon getting the part from someoen else or something like that?

Great LP.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
The writing is getting a bit Bethesda-esque tho'. As is the apparent immortal NPCs

Ah well. Still acing.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Brother None said:
The writing is getting a bit Bethesda-esque tho'. As is the apparent immortal NPCs

Ah well. Still acing.

Macil is not immortal (and no other npc sees to be immortal up to now) , BUT if I really killed him at that point, it could bug the game.... so I decided to die heroically for your amusement.

JrK

Prophet
You sure about that? I can remember trying to kill the bastard at the same point with god mode and not getting him dead.

lightbane

Arcane
ghostdog said:
Brother None said:

Ah well. Still acing.

Macil is not immortal (and no other npc sees to be immortal up to now) , BUT if I really killed him at that point, it could bug the game.... so I decided to die heroically for your amusement.

If he's not immortal, he has true balls of steel, 'cause he resisted the deadly grenadelauncher, the mauler, and whatever more shit you used against him. Maybe he's "plot-locked" right now, as Gothic series, and you cannot kill him until he is not important anymore for the plot :P

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Yes, because "conventional" weapons can't hurt him. (hint, hint)

I did kill him at that point and continued the game to see if there are any possible bugs, and since the appearance of game stopping bugs was possible, I decided to let him live , for now.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
It's time to move on to a new hub area, the Commons town. But before that let's say hello to those prisoners Bishop held captive. The poor fellows have gone mad, they actually think that we're their capturers...

Strife_0454.jpg

Unfortunately we can't set them free, there are no doors on the cell. They face a slow agonizing death from starvation, so let's release them from this pitiful existence.

Strife_0455.jpg

Now that we've done our daily good deed, we can move on to Commons...

Strife_0456.jpg

EPISODE XII : THE LURKING HORROR OF THE CATACOMBS

Lately, it's getting hard to conceal our awesomeness, some Templars are very impressed and really want us to enter their ranks...

Strife_0457.jpg

Others do not express so openly their admiration, but still want us in.

Strife_0469.jpg

The town has some peculiar characters. Take this beggar for example. It seems he has gone so deep undercover, that he doesn't even know what faction he's working with. At first he seems like a Front agent :

Strife_0458.jpg

Then he acts like an Orderite:

Strife_0459.jpg

Finally, he plays the Beggar:

Strife_0460.jpg

He's either gone bonkers or he's the best spy in the world. Let's leave him in his misery. Hey, a well! I wonder if stupid peasants throw coins in here, while making wishes...

Strife_0461.jpg

Yep, my wish for more money came true.

Strife_0462.jpg

Now that our purse is full, let's head over the tavern.

Strife_0463.jpg

We pay the barkeep for some worthless info.

Strife_0464.jpg

Strife_0465.jpg

No worries, I'm sure he'll throw them back into the well. Further on we find the armorer. Hmm, he gives us a strange option...

Strife_0466.jpg

Something different? What could it be? Drugs? Whores? Furries? My imagination goes wild...

Strife_0467.jpg

Bah, shadow armor. Ok I'll buy one.

Strife_0468.jpg

Now, where the hell is this Richter guy? Ah, there he is, walking impatiently up and down his candle-lit room...

Strife_0470.jpg

Strife_0471.jpg

Another follower of the Deus Ex religion, welcome to the club man.

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
What could it be? Is it human, or...?

Strife__Richter.jpg
Definitely not human. Whatever it is, you must fight it to retrieve the key. I'll open the catacombs' entrance. When you've got it, the factory is next to the mines. Hurry, each second counts.

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
Something inhuman, eh? Great. It's always something inhuman down in the goddamn catacombs, or sewers , or...

Strife_0472.jpg

Strife__blackbird.png
Richter must mean the mines of Degnin. The Degnin ore is magnetic and explosive. Just the thing for shutting down force fields. Let's get that key from the catacombs and then off to the mines.

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
Stop bossing me around, woman! It's me who will decide where we'll go next!... ... ...We'll head to he catacombs!

Strife__blackbird.png
:roll:

Strife_0473.jpg

The catacombs are infested with mice, spiders, acolytes and other freaks. Let's clean up the place. The mice are unkillable and their eyes seem strangely intelligent... Douglas Adams might be right after all...

Strife_0474.jpg

Strife_0475.jpg

Strife__blackbird.png
Mines , catacombs, sewers... What a first date !

We're still on the first date? Sheesh... Anyway, this lever needs pushing.

Strife_0477.jpg

Strife_0478.jpg

Strife__blackbird.png
I wish Richter had been a touch more specific. Mmm... let's try over here.

Indeed, we lower the water level and we find a secret entrance!

Strife_0479.jpg

Strife_0480.jpg

What are these strange ruins ?

Strife_0481.jpg

Strife_0482.jpg

Human sacrifices... What the hell is going on here ?

Strife_0483.jpg

Strife__blackbird.png
These must be the ruins that Richter's agents were searching for- Watch out, Crusaders !

Everywhere I go, I find Crusaders... Long live Saladin !

Strife_0484.jpg

Strife_0486.jpg

Strife_0488.jpg

Strife_0490.jpg

I wonder what awaits inside the big temple...

Strife_0491.jpg

Another spectre !

Strife_0499.jpg

Strife_0500.jpg

Strife_0501.jpg

Strife_0493.jpg

It doesn't last long against the sigil. Whoa, some sick stuff here...

Strife_0494.jpg

Strife__blackbird.png
My friend, whatever it is we're fighting, it's more than just the order.

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
Whatever it is, it can bleed... and if it bleeds, it can die... and if it can die, I'll find a way to kill it...

Yeah, ok. What's this ? It's the Mine and Factory keys ! Eww... I guess it couldn't digest them.

Strife_0495.jpg

Instead of looking at the creature's excrements, let's admire the art. Hmm, I don't really want to know what this guy is doing...

Strife_0496.jpg

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
Fuck this, I make better art with my grenade launcher. Just let me sign the piece...

Strife_0502.jpg

Counter Strike ?
-no
Cyber Sentinel ?
-No
Cocain Sniffer ?
-NO!
Cloned Sephiroth ?

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
Cloud Strife !!! :mad:

Uh, ok... Next stop, the Mines !

Strife_0497.jpg

JrK

Prophet
ghostdog said:
Another spectre !

Methinks that's actually the programmer's spectre. The programmer dies, you get the piece but you pass out. Since every critter before with a Sigil piece had a Spectre, where did the programmer's go? Also, iirc, the architecture of that sacrificial temple and the area where you fight the programmer is similar.

DraQ

Arcane
JrK said:
ghostdog said:
Another spectre !

Methinks that's actually the programmer's spectre. The programmer dies, you get the piece but you pass out. Since every critter before with a Sigil piece had a Spectre, where did the programmer's go? Also, iirc, the architecture of that sacrificial temple and the area where you fight the programmer is similar.
No argument here.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Major_Blackhart said:
I think it is. THe programmer was never possessed properly by one for some reason. It must have been hidden there, but WHY?
Maybe they like dark, wet places.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom