Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play STRIFE ! (Finished.)

Ogg

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Once again a great game I had never heard of. Codex, I love you when you're not just a bunch of angry cunts.

Seboss

Liturgist
I second that. Thanks for the great LPs ghostdog and keep up digging out forgotten gems, I have a whole lot of free time on my hands and not much to play :)

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron

Last time Warden Montfag refused to co-operate and even made distasteful sexual comments. He'll definitely regret this decision when we introduce him to a world of pain...

EPISODE IV : KILLING TIME

Now, where were we?

Strife_0085.jpg

Right. Warden made his choice and he'll face the consequences.

Strife_0086.jpg

We'll just let him drown in a pool of his own blood...

Strife_0087.jpg

We got his key, but he had enough time to sound the alarm. Time to slaughter everything... Hmm, the guards can use their shield for temporary protection. Emphasis on the word "temporary"...

Strife_0088.jpg

Strife_0089.jpg

What the... new enemy. These spiders are a bit annoying since they move fast and fall on you from the cieling. Plus, they make a very creepy sound when they're approaching.

Strife_0090.jpg

Hey, we found some of the prisoners, but we can't open the cells yet. They don't want to bitch. Yet, they bitch.

Strife_0091.jpg

Strife_0092.jpg

Yeah, the sky... hold on to that thought, I'll be back.
Found another new enemy, some kind of robotic floater. This Order seems to have a lot of different toys for us to kill.

Strife_0093.jpg

We've reached an elevator, let's go to the upper level.

Strife_0094.jpg

Strife_0095.jpg

More prisoners, and some kind of special torture chamber in the middle... Or is it a sex-slave cage? Who knows.

Strife_0095a.jpg

Damn, these floaters are everywhere...

Strife_0096.jpg

Hey, we've found the Main Control! I bet this is where cell controls are. Crap, it has an elaborate security system...

Strife_0097.jpg

Strife__blackbird.png
It's a hand scanner switch. Try to find a way to open it.

Ok, further on we find some kind of shrine. After we kill some cannon fodder acolytes, Cloud finds a switch... Yay, a secret door !

Strife_0098.jpg

Strife_0099.jpg

Strife_0100.jpg

Secret doors are always good fun. But it's time to visit the judge and have a word...

Strife_0101.jpg

Strife_0102.jpg

Strife_0103.jpg

Strife_0104.jpg

Strife_0105.jpg

Strife_0106.jpg

Strife_0107.jpg

Strife_0108.jpg

Strife__blackbird.png
Oh my god, you cut off his hand! And I thought you were a nice guy...

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
Hey, it's called "resourcefulness"

I'm sure Blackbird likes bad boys... Wait, can she actually see everything we do? Is that COM unit so powerful? Was she watching us that time we went into the Barracks' WC with the November edition of "Hot Mutated Girls" and...

Nevermind, let's focus on the loot.

Strife_0109.jpg

And now that we have Judge's hand it's time to go to main control and open all the cells.

Strife_0110.jpg

Strife_0111.jpg

Yay, all these worthless bums are set free again.

Strife_0112.jpg

Except that guy in the torture chamber. I don't know how he got in, but the idiot can't come out... Oh well, you can't save them all.

Strife_0113.jpg

Strife__blackbird.png
Way to go ! Now jump on the teleporter and we'll bring you back to base.

Strife_0114.jpg

Let's talk to Macil. I'll hope he'll give us more than just a pat on the back...

Strife_0115.jpg

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
I will, what's next ?

Strife__Macyl.jpg
A single crystal runs the power grid which drives the order's shields. Destroy that crystal and you will punch huge holes in the order's defenses. Blackbird will lead you to a spy who has a way in. Good luck.

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
Don't worry, we'll get it.

But first let's go to the medic, I wonder what he has in store for us...

Strife_0116.jpg

Strife_0117.jpg

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
How about giving me one of those nifty implants ?

Strife__vendor.jpg
All right, this won't take but a moment.

Not bad! Now, on to the arms trainer:

Strife_0118.jpg

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
Teach me some ninja tactics

Strife__vendor.jpg
ok, I'll just show you some little pointers.

Aha! We've got both our accuracy and stamina increased... It's an ARPEEGEE !
It actually makes a difference in combat since our projectiles can hit the target from a greater distance and the damage the daggers do has increased.

Strife_0119.jpg

Now we must seek and destroy the crystal and take care of some loose ends. Cakewalk for an experienced guy like Cloud Strife.

Rohit_N

Prophet
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Yes, there's one in the governor's mansion in the demo, and I think you get it from Irale in the full version.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Major_Blackhart said:
Isnt there a flamethrower in this game too?
Patience people, we'll pick up the grenade launcher first...

edit: and before that, the missile launcher.

JrK

Prophet
The flamethrower is actually one of the most powerful weapons since it 'locks' enemies. Especially useful against crusaders, reavers and templars.

Luzur

Good Sir
i remember one of the bigger bosses was hard as hell, and then the final run on the Order where you assault their huge base with robots and soldiers everywhere...weehooo

Turok

Erudite
Luzur said:
i remember one of the bigger bosses was hard as hell, and then the final run on the Order where you assault their huge base with robots and soldiers everywhere...weehooo

Hey man dont spoil, if we want spoil we can ask ghostdog to tell us the final part, for us is like if we where playing the game, so please dont tell us part of the final.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Ready for some more badassery ? We've got stuff to do for the Front, but first there is something else we should deal with. There is a certain back-stabbing governing bastard that needs to taste the bitter end of a blade...

EPISODE V - PART I : BRING DOWN THE GOVERNMENT

So, why don't we pay Governor Mourel a visit?

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
Hello gov, I want to talk to you about something that concerns you.

strife_0120.jpg

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
Let me rephrase this...

strife_0121.jpg

strife_0123.jpg

And the best part is that the alarm does not sound. This is because we've used our new insta-kill poison arrows. Great stuff , but unfortunately hard to find, at least in the beginning. If we use this , or the punch daggers, it's considered a stealth kill. Nothing smells better than a dead Governor in the morning.

Let's also loot his vault.

strife_0124.jpg

strife_0125.jpg

Blackbird is buzzing, better not keep the lady waiting...

Strife__blackbird.png
The spy we've recruited is called Worner and he's in the warehouse of the power station. He can help you reach the reactor core.

Power station, it is.

strife_0126.jpg

strife_0127.jpg

Ok, we got inside pretty easy , but to reach the core area we'll need an ID. So, we better find the spy.The foreman seems to be a sincere man:

strife_0128.jpg

strife_0129.jpg

In search for Worner, Cloud talks to the various warehouse workers. It seems the Front made it's move right on time...

strife_0130.jpg

At last we find our man.

strife_0131.jpg

strife_0132.jpg

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
Strife is my name, danger is my game.

Strife__worner.jpg
Right... I stole an I.D. from the corpse of some fool who fell into the reactor's coolant pit. --BLAT-- instant deep fry.

BLAT?

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
Uhuh, what should I do once I'm in ?

Strife__worner.jpg
Tell whoever asks that you're the replacement worker for Mr. Crispy. It's dumb enough to work. Oh, and you might want to check the storeroom that's right above us.

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
Boy, I hope this ID works.

BLAT?

Hmm, the storeroom must have some good weapons, but we don't have the key yet... Hey, what is that cave in the distance? Let's check it out.

strife_0133.jpg

It's a good thing these weapons are water-proof...

strife_0134.jpg

strife_0135.jpg

strife_0136.jpg

Secret entrance ! There is a scientist here:

strife_0137.jpg

strife_0138.jpg

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
Did you say "weapons" , my good man ?

Strife__technitian1.jpg
What do you think. we're backed up on shocks?

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
What kind of weapons ?

Strife__technitian1.jpg
Are you deaf? I just told you how busy I am. Get back to work.

Well, that was impolite, to say the least.

Strife__blackbird.png
You know , since he's involved with the weapons distribution, he may have the key to the store house...

My dear Blackbird, I like the way you're thinking. Let's go all ninja on him.

strife_0139.jpg

BLAT!

strife_0140.jpg

strife_0141.jpg

Well, well, it's the key! Stealth kills are fun. Time to raid the storage...

strife_0142.jpg

strife_0143.jpg

Fuck yeah ! A Missile Launcher ! I can feel my negotiating skills rising with this baby.

strife_0143a.jpg

Strife__blackbird.png
Mmm, it's always nice to have more firepower.

Right you are, Blackbird, right you are. I think we're ready to go into the inner area now.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron

EPISODE V - PART II : CRYSTAL CLEAR

strife_0144.jpg

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
I'm the new guy. :flashes ID card:

Strife__Guard.jpg
Oh, ok. Sure go ahead. Have a nice day.

Strife__blackbird.png
Remember, kill with stealth instead of force and you wont set off the alarm.

That's good advice. Ok we're inside, but the reactor door is sealed.

strife_0146.jpg

strife_0145.jpg

NO, YOU ! (stealth kill)

strife_0148.jpg

Heh, easy prey. Since we can move freely let's ninja-kill some more guards in the area...

strife_0149.jpg

strife_0147.jpg

Hmm, I wonder where do the these stairs lead.

strife_0150.jpg

What? why did the alarm set off? Look I'm a worker, here's my ID ! Shit, let's try it the rocket launcher way...

strife_0151.jpg

Yep, this way works. There's a technician here...

strife_0152.jpg

Don't worry we're gonna give the crystal that extra push it needs... Hmm I have no idea what this button does, but something tells me I should push it.

strife_0153.jpg

Time to move further inside the facility. We meet some resistance , but they don't resist much.

strife_0154.jpg

strife_0155.jpg

Hey, another technician. Are they goddamn clones?

strife_0156.jpg

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
I'm the replacement worker

Strife__technitian1.jpg
About time you showed up. GO talk with Kerick in the core. Oh, and take this key card. Don't want you getting shot on your first day. huh ?

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
Where's the power crystal ?

Strife__technitian1.jpg
If you don't get to work, you'll get shot anyway. Move your tunic !

Move my tunic? HA, good one.

I guess he didn't saw me kill a couple of guards right next to him. Or maybe that's standard procedure around here. If you're strong enough to kill some guards you can make it to the guy who gives the clearance cards. Anyway, now that we have the card, the security leaves us alone... Hmm? let me make a wild guess, it's another tech guy...

strife_0157.jpg

strife_0158.jpg

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
Suicide run ?

Strife__computertech.jpg
That's not important right now. Go down the lift , if you're so inclined.

Riiight. I wonder who is this "ultimate programmer" .

Strife__blackbird.png
Hmph... Nobody likes programmers much, anyway. Especially those that like to show off with their new-bought supercars and trophy wives.

Hmm, was this remark towards, John or Brad? Maybe both.

Anyway, let's go down. Well, it doesn't seem too dangerous...

strife_0159.jpg

ooops.

strife_0161.jpg

So, now that we have the card, we can finally enter the reactor area! Let's pick up those environmental suits and move on...

strife_0164.jpg

Eh? why is the screen turning green? Shit, it's the radiation from the reactor... Good thing we've got these suits.

strife_0165.jpg

Strife__blackbird.png
Ouch! I'm glad I'm in hiding , if you know what I mean...

I sure don't, Blackbird. I sure don't.

Now, let's see if we can learn more about this damn crystal.

strife_0166.jpg

strife_0167.jpg

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
Wow, this job sounds great. Can't wait to start !

Strife__sammis.jpg
Yeah, right. Ok, get your ass to work.

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
Uh uh. So, where's the crystal ?

Strife__sammis.jpg
Go talk to Ketrick. Bring the walkway up using the switches, then use this ID for the elevator.

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
Cool, where's the crystal again ?

Strife__sammis.jpg
None of your business. Go talk to Kendrick.

FUCK. Ketrick better tell us about the Crystal, or they'll see our bad side.

strife_0168.jpg

strife_0169.jpg

strife_0170.jpg

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
Yessir ! Right on, sir! Here's my card.

Strife__Ketrick.jpg
This is garbage ! Wait here. Oh screw it. Guards, kill this intruder !

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
WHAT? Screw YOU, motherfucker !

strife_0171.jpg

strife_0172.jpg

No more mr. nice guy, let's BLAT these guards into pieces.

strife_0174.jpg

Strife__blackbird.png
The crystal must be someplace nearby. Word from the boss says to stay back when you destroy the crystal, or you'll end blown up too.

Hmm, this switch maybe? YES!

strife_0175.jpg

strife_0176.jpg

strife_0178.jpg

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
Take that, Shinra! Your evil factory will no longer drain the life-force of the planet !

What? Snap out of this shit, Cloud.

Strife__blackbird.png
Let's bust this joint. There's more fun to be had.

I hope that was an innuendo, BB. But you're right, we'd better leave before more guards are summoned.

Too late. Oh, well... :Puts song in player:

"Bring your guards and your spiders..."

strife_0179.jpg

"...to the slauuuuuuughter..."

strife_0180.jpg

"...Let them come, let them come, let them come..."

strife_0181.jpg

Ok, we're finally out.

strife_0182.jpg

Hmm , it seems Macil will now give us some more upgrades. Amen to that. Let's visit Irale first.

strife_0183.jpg

Strife__Irale.jpg
All right, here's a few pointers on what to do: Don't get in the way of Crusaders: firing short bursts from your assault gun keeps it on target.

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
Thanks, is that it?

Strife__Irale.jpg
Also, if you manage to get one of those flamethrowers the crusaders have, I could convert it for you to use.

Great! Now to the medic's :

strife_0184.jpg

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
"Ready" is my middle name, doc.

Strife__medic.jpg
Well then, Cloud "Ready" Strife, this won't take but a second. There, done already.

Level Up !

strife_0185.jpg

Ok, now what?

Strife__blackbird.png
The order thinks that they're secure in the castle... Wrong. If you open the gate, they'll be easy pickings. But, for that we'll have to get down to the sewers.

You mean, I'll have to get down to the sewers. Crap, it's always the damn sewers. Oh well, the sewers it is.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Yep, Instead of trying to find mods for fallout3 in order to make it playable, people should try this game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom