Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian working on a New Game - Feargus Urquhart interview

Jim Cojones

Prophet
I'm still waiting for quote of the Obsidian dev claiming Bloodlines inspired Aliens RPG combat system, prove that every game on consoles are shooters or racing games and prove that every UE3 game is GoW clone. Or maybe it's not me who's weaselling out?

BTW if you haven't understood that from my previous post: arguing against certain arguments and not the whole point of the post is not equal with not reading the whole post.

I sense crispy sexual tension.
OK, I'll admit, every night I dream of hitting his ass and legs with my multi-headed dick and banging him so hard that his ass start bleeding. O god, it would be heaven!

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
MetalCraze said:
Jaesun said:
SimpleComplexity said:
I`m sure their next project will have something to do with RPG,

Well the new game is using the Onyx Engine so that == an RPG game. So far that is good.

Huh? Onyx Engine was created specially for Aliens RPG - a shooter game.

Negative.

The Onyx engine was not created specifically for Aliens. We began work on the Onyx engine before we even signed Aliens.

I personally think that the biggest reason Aliens was put on hold was because Sega posted a 260+ million dollar loss. Sega wisely chose to focus on projects that were further along and were closer to completion - therefore less risky. Well, that's my take on the situation.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
Jim Cojones said:
I'm still waiting for quote of the Obsidian dev claiming Bloodlines inspired Aliens RPG combat system, prove that every game on consoles are shooters or racing games and prove that every UE3 game is GoW clone. Or maybe it's not me who's weaselling out?

BTW if you haven't understood that from my previous post: arguing against certain arguments and not the whole point of the post is not equal with not reading the whole post.

OK, I'll admit, every night I dream of hitting his ass and legs with my multi-headed dick and banging him so hard that his ass start bleeding. O god, it would be heaven!

I think what he is referring to was my statement ages ago that we were possibly looking at something similar to Bloodlines for how EXPERIENCE was awarded, ie. completing objectives rather than smoking fools.

It had nothing to do with combat at all.

kris

Arcane
Jaime Lannister said:
If you are a man, PM kris.

On the codex I don't really see much of a difference between this and my sig.

as for the topic. Well what can we say about something we know nothing about. Refreshing at least that it sounds like a new IP.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Anthony Davis said:
Jim Cojones said:

I think what he is referring to was my statement ages ago that we were possibly looking at something similar to Bloodlines for how EXPERIENCE was awarded, ie. completing objectives rather than smoking fools.

It had nothing to do with combat at all.
]

That's a great idea by the way, I really liked the exp system in bloodlines.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Anthony Davis said:
I personally think that the biggest reason Aliens was put on hold was because Sega posted a 260+ million dollar loss. Sega wisely chose to focus on projects that were further along and were closer to completion - therefore less risky. Well, that's my take on the situation.
Confirmation at last!

So, Anthony, can you tell us how many teams there are at Obsidian?

MLMarkland

Arcane
Developer
Dicksmoker said:
Anthony Davis said:
Confirmation at last!

Confirmation occurred approximately 3 months ago when Sega issued a statement saying that "the Aliens RPG has been indefinitely suspended."

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
MLMarkland said:
Dicksmoker said:
Anthony Davis said:
Confirmation at last!

Confirmation occurred approximately 3 months ago when Sega issued a statement saying that "the Aliens RPG has been indefinitely suspended."

Yup.

ps.

I miss you Monty and I don't care who knows it.

pps.
You still owe me two awesome moves.

MLMarkland

Arcane
Developer
Anthony Davis said:
MLMarkland said:
Dicksmoker said:
Anthony Davis said:
Confirmation at last!

Yup.

ps.

pps.

Word up, Davis.

I'll hook you up with a free tuxedo and jetski and the upcoming Tuxedos and Jetskis party.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
MLMarkland said:
Anthony Davis said:
MLMarkland said:
Dicksmoker said:
Anthony Davis said:
Confirmation at last!

Yup.

ps.

pps.

Word up, Davis.

I'll hook you up with a free tuxedo and jetski and the upcoming Tuxedos and Jetskis party.

Werd. I'm actually thinking of taking some classes up in Los Angeles if I can swing a carpool. Give me a call sometime man.

Oh...on topic.

There are 3 teams at Obsidian right now, Fallout, AP, and sekrit RPG project.

bhlaab

Erudite
Gragt said:
It's not sekrit, we all know it's the PC port of Fable 2.

Man, that kind of gameplay and graphic fidelity is ONLY available on the Xbox 360 gaming platform

bailuu

Novice
Wow, I can't wait to know something about this secret game.. in 2011.

Til then, can we maybe slow down the hype train? I love Obsidien as much as the rest of yall, but my doctor's still got me on zoloft for Fable withdrawl. Let's pump the brakes for now.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Anthony Davis said:

So sequel to which Bioware game will it be this time?

Also how do you feel yourself as a part of a studio that rapes Fallout franchise further into oblivion?

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
MetalCraze said:
Anthony Davis said:

So sequel to which Bioware game will it be this time?

Also how do you feel yourself as a part of a studio that rapes Fallout franchise further into oblivion?

It feels great.

How does it feel to be melodramatic and crazy?

MetalCraze

Arcane
It feels cool - it makes incompetent developers that can't make one game right, let alone 3, be butthurt despite all the cocksucking they receive on the Codex for no reason. Because there are still some people who at least want their games not to CTD on launch at version 1.00 (without mentioning such unimportant things to Obsidian like gameplay).

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
MetalCraze said:
It feels cool - it makes incompetent developers that can't make one game right, let alone 3, be butthurt despite all the cocksucking they receive on the Codex for no reason. Because there are still some people who at least want their games not to CTD on launch at version 1.00 (without mentioning such unimportant things to Obsidian like gameplay).

You only unhappy that bioware wont return your calls

Shannow

Waster of Time
Hümmelgümpf said:
Shannow said:
If I were as cynical as skyway, I'd assume they're running a confidence scam. Get paid for developing as many games as possible until it all falls apart. You'll have gotten more money than if you'd developed one game that turns out to be a shit and publishers don't touch you anymore. As is to be expected from Obsidian /skyway-conspiracy
Or it could be much more simple, like this: Obsidian has three teams. One team is lead by Avellone and is developing Alpha Protocol. Another one, helmed by Sawyer, was developing Aliens RPG, but later was moved to New Vegas. The last, smaller team consists mostly of MotB/SoZ guys and gals and is currently brainstorming the unannounced project that has yet to enter full scale production. Looks pretty realistic to me.
First of all, I thought I was pretty clear on that I don't really think that is the way it is ;)
And secondly, pointing out different teams and their leaders in no way contradicts anything I wrote.

Deleted member 7219

Frankly I'm amazed there are still Obsidian devs here on the Codex, considering what an absolute shitehole this place has become.

Vibalist

Arcane
Matt7895 said:
Frankly I'm amazed there are still Obsidian devs here on the Codex, considering what an absolute shitehole this place has become.

Probably a good source of entertainment for them. I know I'd be laughing my ass off at sad individuals like Skyway if I was a game developer.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom