Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Negative Dragon Age preview

elander_

Arbiter
So what do you consider a sign of maturity in the advertising you saw of Dragon Age besides Bio devs saying this game is going to be mature at every sentence?

Barrow_Bug

Cipher
Oh God, don't get me started on the marketing campaign for this particular title. It's evident it's utter fail- however- if your brain is corroded by reality television, you listen to commercial radio and enjoy innane horseshit- you prolly love it. Bioware continually selling the idea of a mature RPG is a moot one, as I couldn't really list any true 'mature' RPG's without listing the usual suspects. The campaign is utter fail, we all get that. But think of the market- a market of absolute idiots. Why is everyone continually suprised by this?

Zomg

Arbiter
MLMarkland said:
Zomg said:
I need gameplay in my video game fucking. Some QTEs or something, dammit. Tactical sex. They don't just show a gorny cutscene during a fight and have an NPC tell you you were so amazingly good at it and you totally killed the shit out of everyone and it was sooooo sweet.

You aimed for Leliana but hit Morrigan instead.

Lame to riff on my own joke but:

"Sorry babe, foreplay is my dump stat."

elander_

Arbiter
Barrow_Bug said:
Why is everyone continually suprised by this?

I don't think anyone is surprised about this. It's just that we have never seen Bioware going so low with their marketing campaigns.

Gromnir

Liturgist
elander_ said:
So what do you consider a sign of maturity in the advertising you saw of Dragon Age besides Bio devs saying this game is going to be mature at every sentence?

am not recalling any claims by bio that the DA advertising would be mature.

HA! Good Fun!

Barrow_Bug

Cipher
Jaesun said:
EA is marketing Dragon Age, not Bioware. Bioware did however make the New Shit video.

Yeah, and it was horrible. But can you imagine teenage boys the world over simply smashing themselves stupid over the idea of MM, Blood and titts?

Multi-headed Cow

I think we're missing something important. Isn't Dragon Age supposed to be as moddable as NWN1 was? How will this heavier sex theme affect the terrible, god-awful sex themed modules that will be released for it? This is the real question.

Or maybe it is for me because I'm still bitter over "A Dance With Rogues". Hey, this has a great score. Lots of awards. Recommended by multiple people on a forum for a good module, and it's rogue heavy so it should have lots of traps and sneaking and cool things.

*Starts module*

*Plays for 5 minutes*

*Gets dicks in every orifice within 30 minutes*

*Closes the module and contemplates life*

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Multi-headed Cow said:
Not to mention http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2273 that. I swear, RPG players are terrible people.

Look at the readme on that fucking thing. Look at all the work someone put into that. Jesus H Christ.

I.... Have no words....

Granted ALL Bethesduh games cause all kinds of these modders to crawl out off the woodwork and make these kinds of mods.

Thankfully you do NOT see a large amount of these kinds of .... stupid fucking mods for NWN/NWN2. They *do* have them, but are typically ignored.

Ahzaruuk

Arbiter
Jaesun said:
Multi-headed Cow said:
Not to mention http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2273 that. I swear, RPG players are terrible people.

Look at the readme on that fucking thing. Look at all the work someone put into that. Jesus H Christ.

I.... Have no words....

Granted ALL Bethesduh games cause all kinds of these modders to crawl out off the woodwork and make these kinds of mods.

Thankfully you do NOT see a large amount of these kinds of .... stupid fucking mods for NWN/NWN2. They *do* have them, but are typically ignored.
You don't want to see the Screenshots of Oblivion I've seen on lulz.net...

Multi-headed Cow

Jaesun said:
Multi-headed Cow said:

I.... Have no words....

Ignored, or given awards and/or high scores?
http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Mo ... il&id=1920
http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NW ... ail&id=250
http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NW ... ail&id=348
http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Mo ... il&id=4869
Module of the year, for god's sake.
And there are probably more horrifying NWN1/2 mods out there, but I never played many NWN1 modules and none for 2.

And since I'm heading out into left field, Dragon Age WAS supposed to be super moddable like NWN, right? I thought I heard that, but it would have been a year or two ago at least, so maybe they changed their mind.

Quick edit, I do agree Bethesda games get weird shit more than even NWN though. Probably because they're more... "Openly" moddable, without having to design an adventure around sweaty palms as much.

Multi-headed Cow

when i do the sex comands it dose it but my guys lower body is gone

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
PavelDastyuk13 (1 day ago) Show Hide
Marked as spam
that is a big dick and she has big breast

kris

Arcane
kingcomrade said:
Time requirements - modify the amount of time required for each sex act based on the act itself (daelda)
Oral - 2 hours
Anal - 4 hours
Coition - 6 hours
what

Kind of proves that the ones making these mods have not had sex themself.

Shannow

Waster of Time
aries202 said:
The story needs to unfold, the romance or relationship needs to develop for 30+ hours, probably more, to get you to the point where you can choose dialogue options that may or may not lead to a romance, love or sex scene.
You mean like in Mass Effect? Talk to them after every major mission and you'll land in bed with them if you don't explicitly tell them no? With the in game time seeming like 5-10 days max and with 4-5 dialogues longer than a minute? When you say the relationship develops over 30+ (playing) hours I look at ME and think: the relationship develops over ten minutes interspaced in something around 20 hours...
Which leads right over to the next point. I've already said this but it seems repetition is required: Let's take the example of Conan. That is pretty much like TW, the sex stuff is based on macho "players". Conan has hardly any emotion at all and all the hot chicks want to fuck him because he is a mighty barbarian. You can pull off stuff like:"Rrrrw, you are hot, babe!"
"I'm not only hot, I'm a slut, too. Take me now! Take me hard! I need you between my thighs. I'm soooooo wet." *moan*
And it fits. Not everybody might like it, but it fits.
Bioware on the other hand, want to touch <s>little children</s> their players emotionally. They like to provide extensive backround for the npcs and I don't think they consider their npcs sluts. So if they pull off similar stuff, call it mature and base a marketing campaign around it that just looks ridiculous.

As for graphic novels being mature: they are mature compared to normal comics. If you tell a non-comic nerd that that "comic" you are reading is mature because it is a graphic novel don't expect to be taken seriously.

Kind of proves that the ones making these mods have not had sex themself.
qft

kris

Arcane
There is nothing unrealistic about woman jumping in bed early with this ultra alpha male that you most likely will have as character. (Partly depending on setting and culture of course.) It is just that it isn't particulary interesting.

Shannow

Waster of Time
http://www.rpgwatch.com/show/newsbit?newsbit=12302

Gaider's response. Short version:
Leliana doesn't know you slept with Morrigan. She's just angry because you talk to other women.
Morrigan doesn't just sleep with you because of the book but also because of other previous presents (she's not that cheap).
And Gaider thinks the presentation stank and you'd have to be a fucking moron to show the end of a romance because you haven't touched the viewer's <s>little children</s> emotions, yet.

[Edit]:
There is nothing unrealistic about woman jumping in bed early with this ultra alpha male that you most likely will have as character. (Partly depending on setting and culture of course.) It is just that it isn't particulary interesting.
Exactly my point about Conan. Just not the type Bioware makes. They aim for "romantic relationships" with the women being more than two dimensional fuck dolls. And that simply doesn't work very well together.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Gaydar said:
Morrigan doesn't just sleep with you because of the book but also because of other previous presents (she's not that cheap).

Well good to know that whores in Bioware games are really expensive.

Bluebottle

Erudite
Patron
Dead State Wasteland 2
David_Gaider5.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom