Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arcanum and Vista?

Don

Educated
Can Arcanum be played with Vista?

I want to play with the Unofficial patch and high res patch and such things.

Thanks.

Ogg

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
It also does for me.
(Not sure about the res-patch though. Haven't bothered to try it yet.)

Turok

Erudite
Run perfect on Vista 64, i am playing it right now with a melee/mage caracter.

bachelorduke

Novice
hello

New here, found this place while searching for Arcanum mods and patches.

Arcanum works, but it's so sluggish as to be unplayable for me. I have 1.0.7.4, unofficial patch, hi res patch. I've tried disabling hi res patch and still get very poor perf. Mouse skips and stutters, scrolling screen drops my fps to like 4. Going into any inventory causes a few seconds delay. Character movements seem fine.

Running Vista32, P8600 cpu and 9800m GS gpu with 4gig ram. OS and gpu updated to latest.

Do I have to enable a specific compatibility mode?

Third Try

Novice
Re: hello

bachelorduke said:

Arcanum works, but it's so sluggish as to be unplayable for me. I have 1.0.7.4, unofficial patch, hi res patch. I've tried disabling hi res patch and still get very poor perf. Mouse skips and stutters, scrolling screen drops my fps to like 4. Going into any inventory causes a few seconds delay. Character movements seem fine.

Running Vista32, P8600 cpu and 9800m GS gpu with 4gig ram. OS and gpu updated to latest.

I had the same problems you're describing under Vista and a Windows 7 build I was checking out. Adding the -doublebuffer switch to the Arcanum shortcut fixed everything right up.

Turok

Erudite
Re: hello

Third Try said:
bachelorduke said:

I had the same problems you're describing under Vista and a Windows 7 build I was checking out. Adding the -doublebuffer switch to the Arcanum shortcut fixed everything right up.

Hehe i no notice that arcanum was running ugly too, i notice it after add this option :D thanks.

New problem is that i play it in window, with the double buffer option the game get corrupt, on full screen run perfect with -doublebuffer

There is any fix for this?

bachelorduke

Novice
Ty Third Try, hopefully that will work for me too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom