Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Fallout: New Vegas - By Obsidian, For Bethesda

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
OgreOgre is a FAG FAG FAG.

Foamhead

Educated
skyway said:
1. There are no devs that worked on F1 and F2 in Obsidian
2. There are nearly none of Black Isle devs in Obsidian
Most of BIS devs are in Blizzard btw.

Stop giving such credit to Obsidian, it is a totally different studio than Black Isle and much much less talented.

Gee what a shock, here is Skyway rushing in to piss on Obsidian again.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Maybe Blizzard should develop it?
God, can you imagine. Pandaclaws. Sk8boarding Talking Pandaclaws from Japan who worship Mother Gaia and the Earth Spirits of the Forest and the Moon. In their native tongue they call themselves Shal'Dal'Wal'Nal'La

Foamhead

Educated
falloutraped.gif

Look at that hollow, forced smile on Fallout Boys face while he is obviously crying inside for help.

What a trooper.

I hope his ass is okay when all is over and done with.

Twinfalls

Erudite
It should really be the Codex being buggered by Hines, given the amount of irreparable butthurt on display at this announcement. Skyway you really need to be put down.

So shut up you bunch of panty-twisted, whining, fairy morons. FO3 was good fun, and this should be a better game. Looking forward to it.

[quote="Twinfalls" ]FO3 was good fun, and this should be a better game. Looking forward to it.[/quote]

No matter how useful the railway rifle may be, and how "vampire people" implies actual vampires...it still was filled to the brim with stuff like a terrible combat system, a poor character system, awful enemies, ineptly designed dungeons, an idiotic atmosphere, awful writing, and run like shit...on the console that was it's primary platform. A few greatly designed quests don't go that far.

I went there. Page twenty here we come motherfuckers.

Ausir

Arcane
If they use many of the Van Buren ideas (characters, basic plot, etc.), it would also explain how there could be a shorter development cycle.

The Van Buren plot is too big for a project of this scale. However, I do hope that they will reference some characters, events and places from Van Buren, if only to make them officially canon.

Hoover Dam is pretty damn close to Vegas, so some HD characters could appear in NV.

The Brazilian Slaughter said:
So there's a new Fallout project... where's MCA?

No, really: This is THE TRUE Fallout 3. Someone tell MCA to stop wasting his time with Alpha Protocol and start focusing on THIS. Screw Alpha Protocol, nobody cares about that.

But this? This is FOR REAL, man.

I'm pretty sure MCA will join New Vegas once he's finished with AP.

VonVentrue

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
The Brazilian Slaughter said:
No, really: This is THE TRUE Fallout 3.

You've got it all wrong. It's an add-on for Bethesda's Fallout 3 - most probably, no changes will be made in the gameplay department.

Ausir

Arcane
Well, I wouldn't be surprised if they tweaked some of it, e.g. by adding traits, which shuld be fairly easy to do.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Black said:
So if we have Obsidian guys here allow me to take advantage of you.

1) Will it feature turn-based combat and isometric view.
No.
2) Will it be easily-moddable.
Define "easily".
3) Will it be more serious like Fallout 1 or goofy like FO2?
No.

Jedi_Learner said:
Matt7895 said:
better gameplay
Yeah, Matt is always good for some lulz.

Generally I'd agree with Dire Roach and Edward. Apart from this:
Edward_R_Murrow said:
My prediction: People who liked or could stand Fallout 3's core gameplay will find exactly the first-person, real-time Fallout they wanted.
Might be nitpicking, but that statement is false on quite a few levels.

DU said:
ONLY ICEWIND DALE 3 WILL BREAK THE CURSE!
+1 :twisted:

PS: Railway Rifle sucks.

sirfink

Scholar
In before Obsidian fanboys complain that Bethesda forced them to rush the game before it had a proper ending.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
These are good news I suppose, because if the witting in FO3 wasn't done by morons the game would be much better. But the fact that obsidian once again decides to make a game sequel from a borrowed franchise with a borrowed engine, makes them once more look like they are just a smaller company division for hire.

Deleted member 7219

Twinfalls said:
It should really be the Codex being buggered by Hines, given the amount of irreparable butthurt on display at this announcement. Skyway you really need to be put down.

So shut up you bunch of panty-twisted, whining, fairy morons. FO3 was good fun, and this should be a better game. Looking forward to it.

Indeed. Good post.

Deleted member 7219

Jedi_Learner said:
Matt7895 said:
Good luck with the game, I know I'll be buying it for sure when it comes out.
Why don't you just get on your knees Matt7895 and give Mister Sawyer a blowjob?

Oooooh Mister Sawyer, your game will be so good! I love Obsidian Entertainment, oooooh!

Grow the fuck up.

VonVentrue

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Ausir said:
Because it might have good story, writing, dialogues and C&C?

Too bad the gameplay will be tainted by Bethesda's questionable design decisions, which Obsidian's apparently forced to follow.
Unless FPP, VATS and simplified SPECIAL are to be thrown out the window, the game will inherit all of F3's flaws.

Ausir

Arcane
Unless FPP, VATS and simplified SPECIAL are to be thrown out the window, the game will inherit all of F3's flaws.

Gameplay-wise, sure. But bad writing and lack of good C&C are also some of the biggest flaws that might be averted. Even if we get a good story and design with shitty gameplay, I think it it could still be worth checking out.

Killzig

Cipher
Patron
I don't get it, why is blowing JE considered a bad thing? He's a good looking dude. Better than what most of you guys could pull on the average Saturday night.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom