Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Under 30 console kiddies need not opine...

U4P2 is a worthy parody worth playing?

• Y

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • N

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Michael Ellis

Scholar
Project: Eternity
u4_89.gif

u4_88.jpg

Hipolito: Ultima IV is a good time, but I had a lot more fun Photoshopping it.
http://www.geocities.com/hipolito_gg/ultima4/si.html

Bonus Movie: Ultima VIII
The complete version
u8.gif

MetalCraze

Arcane
Ultima iv? WTF is that shit? It looks ugly and has a shitty gameplay, modern console games have better gameplay than that

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
The whole thing is like that. It's great fun to watch but you can feel pain for the guy playing.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Just try playing some of Kaizo Mario World's later stages. Some of the jumps are enough to drive a man to insanity and back.

Lemunde

Scholar
Well, while I'm flattered you think I'm still young enough to be a kid...go fuck yourself!

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
Lemunde said:
Well, while I'm flattered you think I'm still young enough to be a kid...go fuck yourself!

Whats the age difference between a kid and not a kid?

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Ultima is already as much of a parody as the man who started it.

Chris H

Novice
Jaesun said:
OK I watched the trailer, and it just seems *too* silly. I could handle Heavy Metal guy Exodus, but pot smoking Mondain? That's just silly. The gypsy part was LOL.

Author (of U4 Part 2) here...

I would say the game is only worth playing IF you played Ultima IV and V (and perhaps VI), AND if you would enjoy playing a game with a very similar engine again, AND if you're interested in an over-the-top parody of the two games. I don't imagine that will describe very many people, but I've had a couple of positive reviews from people who have actually played all the way through and enjoyed it.

It's certainly not something that takes itself seriously (the intro only scratches the surface)... As for a pot-smoking Mondain, the idea started as a cross between "wouldn't it be funny to have Mondain, Minax, and Exodus on Jerry Springer" and "Wouldn't the principles sex, drugs, and rock-and-roll make a funny set of virtues"... and just kind of went from there.

Anyway, I do appreciate the mention (I'm here because I noticed the sudden jump in traffic) even if the game is getting savaged in the poll. :) I'll be the first to admit it's not for everyone.

PS If Mondain seemed silly, wait until you see what I did to poor Julia... :)

Michael Ellis

Scholar
Project: Eternity
Chris H said:
Jaesun said:
OK I watched the trailer, and it just seems *too* silly. I could handle Heavy Metal guy Exodus, but pot smoking Mondain? That's just silly. The gypsy part was LOL.

Author (of U4 Part 2) here...

I would say the game is only worth playing IF you played Ultima IV and V (and perhaps VI), AND if you would enjoy playing a game with a very similar engine again, AND if you're interested in an over-the-top parody of the two games. I don't imagine that will describe very many people, but I've had a couple of positive reviews from people who have actually played all the way through and enjoyed it.

It's certainly not something that takes itself seriously (the intro only scratches the surface)... As for a pot-smoking Mondain, the idea started as a cross between "wouldn't it be funny to have Mondain, Minax, and Exodus on Jerry Springer" and "Wouldn't the principles sex, drugs, and rock-and-roll make a funny set of virtues"... and just kind of went from there.

Anyway, I do appreciate the mention (I'm here because I noticed the sudden jump in traffic) even if the game is getting savaged in the poll. :) I'll be the first to admit it's not for everyone.

PS If Mondain seemed silly, wait until you see what I did to poor Julia... :)

Being an old geezer (remember Zork, Deadline, Hitchhiker's, Lode Runner?) who grew up on Ultimas let me thank you for your effort Chris!

arioch

Novice
amazing

I've been looking for an rpg that would be as much fun to play as the old Ultimas for years.

THIS IS IT!

Awesome job, Chris. I'm having a blast and laughing my ass off. You can't beat this type of free roaming but story driven play, and I know how hard pulling something like this off can be. Thanks for making this great game!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom