Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let Me Trainwreck Final Fantasy VII For You! (Completed!)

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
skyway said:
I wonder how Locue will work on this "massive storyline turn". considering that only now FF7 is started to gain the high amounts of absurd. also - after that turn Cloud went just ultra-emo.
Probably with a lot of panties and Colin Farrell. And jokes about gay intercourse, of course!

(Nah.)

In all seriousness, that's the one update I'm really looking forward the most to write because, eh, I like it. It's a cool plot twist and definitely one of the better parts of the game. As for how it will be done, well, Scorchy of Something Awful's KOTOR2-LP is the definite inspiration and I hope I'll manage to turn out something at least halfway the same quality. Read it in the LP Archives immediately if you haven't. Then forget you ever bookmarked this crap. :lol:

More recommendations: Read anything by Chewbot. The guy is a tremendously talented writer and made me cough up dollars for Lowtax in a second just so I could keep up with him and give him a few pats on the shoulder.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
hmmm let's see you're still in kalm. that plot twist...isn't gonna be out till end of april imo.

MetalCraze

Arcane
there's yet another Big Challenge for you Locue - and I'm looking forward for that update too - the turn with Aeris.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
cloudstrife.jpg
Welcome back to Let's Play Final Fantasy VII. My name is Cloud and these are my memories, hell yeah! Now it's time to finally learn why we're all on this quest to save the world! Well, after our startling discovery at the reactor, we all decided to stay in Nibelheim for a few more days, but the people grew restless and nervous of our presence. I guess having a platinum blonde killing machine, all dressed in black and carrying a three meter long sword will do that to a small town. They asked me to talk to him.

550_really.jpg

cloudstrife.jpg
It was my best buddy again. "Hello, best buddy!" I said to him. "No worries! I shall take a look inside the room and see if he's hiding under the bed!" But, after looking under the bed, I pushed "select" on my utility belt and immediately saw a hidden door! "Awesome!" I shouted.

551_welliguessyoudonthavemyarrows.jpg

cloudstrife.jpg
I found Sephiroth with a big book in his hands. For everyone's convenience he read out loud. That Sephiroth dude... always thinking about others! :D

552_nicetomeetyoutoosephi.jpg

sephiroth.jpg
Professor Gast named that organism Jenny Ova.

FACT: Fuck you.

sephiroth.jpg
X Year, X Month, X Day. Jenny Ova confirmed to be an Ancient.

REAL FACT: When asian game developers can't settle for a fixed date, they bring out the X-ess!

sephiroth.jpg
X Year, X Month, X Day. Jenova Project approved. The use of Mako Reactor I approved for use...

FACT: Doh!

sephiroth.jpg
My mother's name is Jenny... Jenny Ova… Jenova... Is this just a coincidence? Professor Gast… Why didn't you tell me anything? Why did you die?
cloudstrife.jpg
Hi, Seph! Wanna come out and play?
sephiroth.jpg
Leave me alone.
cloudstrife.jpg
Alright! Smell ya later.

Redxiii.jpg
What?!
cloudstrife.jpg
Hey, you try argue with him whenever we find him. It wasn't easy when he was sane and it sure as hell isn't going to be easy now when he's all emo! See what'll do for you when you ask him what the fuck is up with him. And I mean, he was just reading books anyway. What harm could come out of that? Reading is something you'll have use for all your life!
aeris_portrait.jpg
cloudstrife.jpg
It is!

554_ANDTHATSWHENYOUUNDERSTOODHEWASC.jpg

cloudstrife.jpg
Of course, maybe sometimes it kind of gets outta hand... I decided to give it another shot the next morning.

555_uhoh.jpg

cloudstrife.jpg
My best buddy was worried. And with every right!

556_SCARY.jpg

cloudstrife.jpg
I almost pissed my pants. Sephiroth has one of the most creepy ha, ha, ha .....'s on the planet.

cloudstrife.jpg
Sephiroth?
sephiroth.jpg
Who is it?! Oh, it's you.

557_wellshitnicetoseeyoutoo.jpg

cloudstrife.jpg
Traitor?
sephiroth.jpg
You ignorant traitor. I'll tell you. This was an itinerant race. They would migrate in, settle the Planet, then move on… At the end of their harsh, hard journey, they would find the Promised Land and supreme happiness. But, those who stopped their migrations built shelters and elected to lead an easier life. They took that which the Cetra and the planet had made without giving back one whit in return! Those are your ancestors.
cloudstrife.jpg
My ancestors? What?
sephiroth.jpg
Hey, follow the script, boy. You're supposed to say "Sephiroth..." here!
cloudstrife.jpg
Oh. Right. Sorry.
sephiroth.jpg
That's okay.
cloudstrife.jpg
Ahem... Sephiroth.
sephiroth.jpg
No, no, no. Three dots.
cloudstrife.jpg
Why does it have to be... oh whatever. Sephiroth...
sephiroth.jpg
That's better. Long ago, disaster struck this planet. Your ancestors escaped… They survived because they hid. The Planet was saved by sacrificing the Cetra. After that, your ancestors continued to increase. Now all that's left of the Cetra is in these reports.
cloudstrife.jpg
What does that have to do with you?
sephiroth.jpg
Don't you get it? An Ancient named Jenova was found in the geological stratum of 2000 years ago. The Jenova Project. The Jenova Project wanted to produce people with the powers of the Ancients……no, the Cetra! …I am the one that was produced.
cloudstrife.jpg
Pr…produced!?
sephiroth.jpg
Yes. Professor Gast, leader of the Jenova Project and genius scientist, produced me.
cloudstrife.jpg
How…how did he…?

558_butitwastoolate.jpg

559_ohyeah.jpg

FANBOYISM: So. Goddamn. Fucking. Hardcore.

cloudstrife.jpg
Oh well, he was just going to see his mom, right? And she was all the way in that reactor. "What could go wrong" I wondered. I ran outside.

560_holyshit.jpg

cloudstrife.jpg
That damn asshole! What did my town ever do to him?! Goddamn platinum blondes. You can't trust them.

By the way: Check out the campfire in the middle of the town. Damn campers. I bet they're germans. Fucking german people.

561_yesitsME.jpg

cloudstrife.jpg
I thought "fuck, it's the goddamn jump-over-people-guy!" I tried to run away but he hypnotized me with his beard or something. Goddamn martial artist people! They all deserve to die. My best buddy agreed with me. Even though he was unconscious. Or... well, at least I think he was.

562_fantastic.jpg

cloudstrife.jpg
That old guy was crazy! I wasn't going to run inside a burning house, so while Old Spice was getting burned alive I decided to stand guard. That's when I saw Sephiroth.

563_themostbadassgifevercomingupsoo.jpg

cloudstrife.jpg
Instantly I realized that whatever Sephiroth was going to do had the potential to become the most badass gif animation ever.

564_whyhellothere.jpg

sephiroth.jpg
Why hello there, Cloud. I'm sorry about the town but... hey, did you know that my hair is 100% asbest?
cloudstrife.jpg
No, I can't say that I did.

565_hello.jpg

566_ouch.jpg

cloudstrife.jpg
That Sephiroth! He's insane! :lol:
tifalockhart.jpg
cloudstrife.jpg
Ehm, I followed him of course. I had to wait until someone had extinguished the fires of course, which explains why Tifa caught up with Seph way faster than me!

568_YAAAAAAA.jpg

tifalockhart.jpg
Daddy... :cry:
cloudstrife.jpg
Yes, boohoo. Your dad died. Big fucking deal. Shit, I don't even know what happened to my mom! She probably died but I don't know! I think she got written out of the game or something.
tifalockhart.jpg
But that's...
cloudstrife.jpg
It's not fair.
tifalockhart.jpg
But...
cloudstrife.jpg
IT'S NOT FAIR!! :cry:
tifalockhart.jpg
Oh, grow the fuck up.
cloudstrife.jpg
:cry:
tifalockhart.jpg
Alright, I'll continue the story now.
cloudstrife.jpg
Yeah, up to the point where you almost got killed anyway. :roll:

569_maybemommydoesntwannaseeyou.jpg

tifalockhart.jpg
Sephiroth was totally creepy. I mean, jeez, maybe his mom didn't want to see him? Anyway, I had his sword. It was totally shorter than I remembered.

570_funniestfuckingsceneever.jpg

tifalockhart.jpg
This is why I started studying martial arts.

571_afairfight.jpg

tifalockhart.jpg
I wasn't any good with weapons.

572_takeitbitch.jpg

tifalockhart.jpg
He threw me down the stairs!
aeris_portrait.jpg
That brute!
Redxiii.jpg
That villain!
barretwallace.jpg
That absolute fuckin' shitbag!
cloudstrife.jpg
What a guy!

573_bouncybounce.jpg

tifalockhart.jpg
I was really scared. I thought "oh well, at least I got to be fifteen..." But then I remembered...

574_theluckiestgrrlintheworld.jpg

cloudstrife.jpg
Alright! It's time for me to make my heroic entrance!

575_damntoolate.jpg

cloudstrife.jpg
Oh my, it would seem that I was too late. How dreadful.

576_yesyesiknow.jpg

cloudstrife.jpg
I know, baby, but you can't always get what you want.

577_intothefreezer.jpg

cloudstrife.jpg
Into the freezer with you, lol! Just kidding. Alright, Sephiroth, you bastard! Let's settle this!

578_angel.jpg

579_alrightsweetie.jpg

sephiroth.jpg
Let's rip this off...

581_letsripthisoff.jpg

sephiroth.jpg
Damn, my hair looks good.

583_damnmyhairlooksgood.jpg

sephiroth.jpg
Don't you think so too? Huh? Mom?

584_alright.jpg

cloudstrife.jpg
Hey, Sephiroth! What do you think you're doing? What about MY sadness, huh!? My family, huh?! My friends, huh?! The sadness of having my hometown taken away from me, huh!? It's the same as your sadness!!
sephiroth.jpg
Ha, ha, ha… my sadness? What do I have to be sad about?

585_jesuschristpose82364.jpg

FACT: Jesus Christ pose #28471

cloudstrife.jpg
Sephiroth… I trusted you…

586_letsfight.jpg

587_alright.jpg

588_seriouslyletsfight.jpg

587_alright.jpg

587_alright.jpg

592_MINDFU-UUU-UCK.jpg

MINDFU-HU-HU-HUUUUUU-UCKKKK!!!!!!!!!

FACT: This is exactly how the scene plays out.

593_thankyathankyaverramuch.jpg

Redxiii.jpg
What?
aeris_portrait.jpg
Isn't there more?
cloudstrife.jpg
I don't remember. Funny, isn't it?
barretwallace.jpg
Hell no it ain't funny! You go and get yo head sorted, boy! I wanna hear the ending! Now, boy!
cloudstrife.jpg
Well, umm, in terms of skill, I... couldn't have killed him. It's a miracle I even reached the reactor without his help. Something must have happened.
barretwallace.jpg
No shit...
tifalockhart.jpg
Well, you killed him. It was in the newspapers after all, lol.
cloudstrife.jpg
No, that's not true. I challenged Sephiroth and lived. Why didn't he kill me?

599_ahahahaha.jpg

cloudstrife.jpg
Nobody cares, Tifa.
tifalockhart.jpg
:(
aeris_portrait.jpg
There's a lot that doesn't make sense...
barretwallace.jpg
Well, ain't no use standin' here all day an' talkin' 'bout it! Let's move before Shinra finds us! We've been here all day.
cloudstrife.jpg
Okay, that sounds smart.

602_nanakiisonmylevel.jpg

cloudstrife.jpg
Fuck you, Nanaki.
aeris_portrait.jpg
Yeah, fuck you, Nanaki. I wonder where we should go now. Oh hey, let's ask that guy. Hey, guy. What's up?

603_alrightthen.jpg

cloudstrife.jpg
Thank god for helpful people, that's all I'm saying, lol!
aeris_portrait.jpg
Ain't that the truth, lol!

To be continued!

In the next update of Let's Play Final Fantasy VII: CHOCOBOS AND BIG FUCKING SNAKES!!!

See you then.

afewhours

Scholar
LO Q said:
Now it's time to finally learn why we're all on this quest to save the world!

Eh? I still don't understand why we should care. Does that make me thick?

Well done, sailor. Your little speech bubbles made this mess seem entertaining! 'tis almost a pity. It's difficult to convey just how crushingly painful this particular sequence is. You are a brave, brave Shining Force avatar to suffer through all of that.

Isn't it just world map grinding for the next section? That must almost be a relief. You should have a go at killing that snake thingy. I trust you've got the Enemy Skill materia so you can snag 'Beta' from it, aye? You can spam something more efficient than Bolt 2 or whatever you've got at the moment.

Anyhoo. MOAR FINAL FANTASY etc. etc. etc.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
afewhours said:
Isn't it just world map grinding for the next section? That must almost be a relief. You should have a go at killing that snake thingy. I trust you've got the Enemy Skill materia so you can snag 'Beta' from it, aye? You can spam something more efficient than Bolt 2 or whatever you've got at the moment.
I actually don't have many screenshots of the fighting stuff and I won't be able to get any either because I ventured forth a helluva lot. I snagged a screenshot on the snake but that's it. You won't be seeing any limit breaks and dancing around trying to hit the thing with flowery sticks. Is it something y'all wanna see? Maybe I can draw something in Ms Paint. 'Cause I'm NOT starting over just because you wanna see Cloud jump up in the air and slice the planet in two just to kill a bug. That's not happening. :wink:

And yes, from now on I spam Beta at everything. It's a little bitchy to get it but it's lovely and a great addition to the Fire2/Ice2/Bolt2-show.

Edit: skyway, that's going to be a while unfortunately. :cry:

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Colin-Farrell-004.jpg
Hello, boys and girls! It's Colin and Kiefer again!
bauerarmed.jpg
Meh.
Colin-Farrell-004.jpg
Now it's time to give this epic story about revenge and identity and stuff a little rest and start fighting stuff for kicks and completion! Back in the Shinra HQ we got ourselves a yellow Enemy Skill materia, an absolutely fantastic little thing capable of learning certain enemy attacks! I'm sure it's going to come in handy a lot! Let's go try it out immediately!
bauerarmed.jpg
Meh.
Colin-Farrell-004.jpg
Just a little note before we begin: Andy isn't big on taking screenshots of the battle sequences but it just proves what a man without a religion is capable of if he's asked a number of times. He actually backtracked all the way back just to snap these screenshots. So don't go asking about why he's all high-level.
bauerarmed.jpg
Because the boy is insane.
Colin-Farrell-004.jpg
He sure is. Let's begin! The first skill we're going to learn is called "Matra Magic", or "a bunch of missiles" that we can shoot at enemies! They inflict non-elemental damage.
bauerarmed.jpg
Completely useless.
Colin-Farrell-004.jpg
To learn it, we have to fight Robocop's old nemesis, that funky malfunctioning bi-pedal law enforcer ED-209!

battlesequence2-matramagic.jpg

bauerarmed.jpg
Except now he's totally gay. Dick Jones should sue.
Colin-Farrell-004.jpg
He appears on these brown spots around Midgar.

battlesequence1.jpg

Colin-Farrell-004.jpg
Well, that was easy. What's next?
bauerarmed.jpg
L4 Suicide.
Colin-Farrell-004.jpg
Oh, that's another easy skill to learn!
bauerarmed.jpg
Who do we have to fight?
Colin-Farrell-004.jpg
A squirrel!
bauerarmed.jpg
A squirrel.
Colin-Farrell-004.jpg
Yes!
bauerarmed.jpg
I'm going to the bathroom.
Colin-Farrell-004.jpg
In fact, make it two squirrels just to be safe!

battlesequence16_lvldeath5orsomethi.jpg

Colin-Farrell-004.jpg
This little fella holds the secret of suicide! You find him around the Chocobo Farm area and he takes a while until he uses it but when he does you can feel all happy and fuzzy!
bauerarmed.jpg
What does it do?
Colin-Farrell-004.jpg
It causes critical damage!
bauerarmed.jpg
So it actually doesn't do any suicidelly?
Colin-Farrell-004.jpg
No.
bauerarmed.jpg
Oh well, at least it does critical damage, right?
Colin-Farrell-004.jpg
Yes!
bauerarmed.jpg
That sounds good.
Colin-Farrell-004.jpg
To enemies with a level divisible with four!
bauerarmed.jpg
That sounds useless.
Colin-Farrell-004.jpg
It sure does. Fuck you, squirrel! Next is Chocobuckle!
bauerarmed.jpg
Let me guess, we have to fight a chocobo for that one?
Colin-Farrell-004.jpg
Yes! Have you been reading Gamefaqs?
bauerarmed.jpg
No.

battlesequence17_chocobuckle.jpg

Colin-Farrell-004.jpg
Isn't he cute?
bauerarmed.jpg
In a retarded kind of way, yeah.
Colin-Farrell-004.jpg
Now, the only problem is that the skill takes A FUCKING LONG TIME TO LEARN because not all chocobos know it. The chocobo has to be on level 57 and a half or something and even then you're just going to have to pray that it actually uses it!
bauerarmed.jpg
That sounds like a waste of time.
Colin-Farrell-004.jpg
It does, and that's why we're skipping it now and that's why Andy skipped it in the first place. People who doesn't skip this skill are fucking idiots. It's not very good anyway and we can learn it some other time if people with guns ask us.
bauerarmed.jpg
What's next?
Colin-Farrell-004.jpg
BETA!
bauerarmed.jpg
Awesome!
Colin-Farrell-004.jpg
It sure is. Only problem is, eh, it's a bitch to get.
bauerarmed.jpg
But totally worth it.
Colin-Farrell-004.jpg
Oh yes. To get it, we have to defeat...

Colin-Farrell-004.jpg
bauerarmed.jpg
THE MIDGAR SHALOM SNAKE OF DOOM!!!!
bauerarmed.jpg
Hell yeah.
Colin-Farrell-004.jpg
It's a big fucking huge snake and even if you're high-level he can kick your ass if you come unprepared and he manages to hit you up with a dose of Beta. Beta inflicts MASSIVE FIRE DAMAGE, it's fucking nuclear! It doesn't matter what defense you have, you better come to the fight with fire absorbing armor or you're toast.
bauerarmed.jpg
Wow.
Colin-Farrell-004.jpg
Of course, I might be... bullshitting you a little. But he's hard, that's the truth. Don't overestimate him just because you pumped your STR stat to over 9000! Let's go fight him.

battlesequence6_evilsnake.jpg

Colin-Farrell-004.jpg
See that shadow there? That's him. The beast. The Midgar Shalom Shalom Zolom Snake of Terror and Doom and Complete Fucking Mayhem. We're going to kick his ass.
bauerarmed.jpg
Alright.
Colin-Farrell-004.jpg
Wait here, Chocolat! (I named my chocobo Chocolat.)
chocobo.jpg
Kweh?
Colin-Farrell-004.jpg
Wait here while I go fight the big snake.

battlesequence7_letsfightthatthing-.jpg

Colin-Farrell-004.jpg
No, Chocolat! Wait!
chocobo.jpg
Kweeehh!!!

battlesequence8_asshole.jpg

Colin-Farrell-004.jpg
FUCKING CHOCOBOS!
bauerarmed.jpg
Dude, here it comes!

battlesequence9_ohwellhowtoughcanas.jpg

Colin-Farrell-004.jpg
Oh well.
Dude, how bad can a snake be?

battlesequence11_heyrememberus.jpg

bauerarmed.jpg
Holy shit, it's huge.
Colin-Farrell-004.jpg
Alright, the thing here is to attack it.
bauerarmed.jpg
Uh?
Colin-Farrell-004.jpg
Seriously. He won't use Beta until he's almost dead so you have to bring him down a bit.
bauerarmed.jpg
Oh great.
Colin-Farrell-004.jpg
Eventually, he'll go all king cobra on us!

battlesequence12_KINGcobra.jpg

bauerarmed.jpg
Holy shit!
Colin-Farrell-004.jpg
Oh yes. And he's definitely going to kick one of the party members out the screen while he's in this mood.

battlesequence13_getouttaherebitch.jpg

Colin-Farrell-004.jpg
If he manages to kick all of them out, it's game over.
bauerarmed.jpg
That's lame.
Colin-Farrell-004.jpg
Eventually, he unleashes Beta.

battlesequence14_betanuclearbombsaw.jpg

bauerarmed.jpg
Holy shit it's a nuclear explosion!

battlesequence15_andasyoucanseeitdo.jpg

Colin-Farrell-004.jpg
And that's how you get Beta. And as you can see from the screenshot (or not) Andy had a hard time with him even at his 30+ levels. This is because Beta is instant kill. Tifa was lucky she got kicked out. Don't think she would have survived.
bauerarmed.jpg
Shit.
Colin-Farrell-004.jpg
Shit, indeed!

Tune in next time for more story progression and some more enemy skill fuckery with Colin and Kiefer as the brave heroes witness OBLIGATORY GAY RIVERDANCE SEQUENCE!

See you next time. Toodles!

somnium

Scholar
Why do you have such a ridiculous amount of HP for this point in the story?

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Because you think reading is difficult.

edit: Seriously, people, I know there are lots of pretty pictures but there's text too. Please read the text. Many answers to life's most mysterious questions are found in the scriptures that surround "Let's Play Final Fantasy 7"

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
bauerarmed.jpg
Holy Shit ! this guy has been grinding like a crazy chocobo on crack !

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
ghostdog said:
bauerarmed.jpg
Holy Shit ! this guy has been grinding like a crazy chocobo on crack !
Colin Farrell said:
Just a little note before we begin: Andy isn't big on taking screenshots of the battle sequences but it just proves what a man without a religion is capable of if he's asked a number of times. He actually backtracked all the way back just to snap these screenshots. So don't go asking about why he's all high-level.

Oh, Locue. Please show us the battle sequences. Please teach us how to get the enemy skills. Do it for us.

Well, just remember, guys: I did it all for you. :cool:

:lol: at Newgrounds.

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
This one wasn't as funny as the last one, though that's probably because it was just about a boring fight against a giant snake. Apparently I'm not the only one who thought this, since it seems a number of people skipped over the first part where you clearly state why your party is high level.

Looking forward to the next update, though.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
This one wasn't as funny as the last one, though that's probably because it was just about a boring fight against a giant snake.
Exactly the reason why I haven't shown off the battles more than the some odd picture of the bosses. Battles are boring and unchallenging. The snake is the only challenging enemy so far and you can skip it and come back powered up for it anyway. Although it is very much beatable even on lower levels if you remembered to pick up the elemental materia. If you didn't... eh, you don't need Beta. You can get by with your lightning bolts.

The next update is going to introduce Yuffie and is going to be at least sixteen inches of awesome, I think. I don't care what afewhours think. Yuffie is awesome because
she fucks the entire party over all the time!
It's great!

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
oh god that zoram snake was the nightmare when I first encountered it. I was thinking 'how tough can this fucker get? probably one of those 'in-game myth # 2131' And got owned in less than 3 turns Fucker.

And yes. Yuffie is best female cast.

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
The next update is going to introduce Yuffie and is going to be at least sixteen inches of awesome, I think.
Isn't that really close to the Junen Harbor part? I always found that to be one of the better moments in the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom