Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let Me Trainwreck Final Fantasy VII For You! (Completed!)

afewhours

Scholar
Locue said:
Thanks, people. I'll do my very best to get through this game for everyone. And unfortunately for you, afewhours, I will get Yuffie and Vincent and every other little secret in the game. It's how I was raised. Can't help it.

No! Don't do it! I... GHALUGHALUGLHAULGUHLAGHULAGUHLAGHAULGUAH

I see a tag waiting for me at the end of this.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Welcome back to the LP. I'm Locue. You're my audience. This is Let's Play Final Fantasy VII.

R253MARVINGAYE74.jpg

Yeah, baby!

Now that we're done with the boring tutorial mission, you'll find that the game picks up quite a bit...

ahaHAHAhaHA!!!!

Anyway, we find our heroes - along with Biggs, Jessie and Wedge - hiding out somewhere and just talking about what they just did.

01.jpg

Again, we don't really know for sure and Barret seems to be giving it some serious head time.

02.jpg

FACT: Barret Wallace - (black) man and the very original Final Fantasy VII-emo. So get off Cloud's back, you horrible, horrible people.

Anyway, after a bit of hiding Jessie eventually says we should get moving.

03.jpg

So let's do just that.

04.jpg

Now we're actually in the city. Looks peaceful, doesn't it? Well, wait for it... Waaaaait for iiiiit...

OH MY FUCKING HOLY SHIT GOD COCK!

05.jpg

FACT: Final Fantasy VII have more pointless huge ass explosions than all Metal Gear Solid-games combined.

WHEN WILL ALL THE GODDAMNED EXPLOSIONS STOP!?

06.jpg

WE'RE IN THE CITY NOW YOU GODDAMN PRICKS! THERE ARE INNOCENT PEOPLE HERE! STOP BLOWING SHIT UP ALL THE TIME!

07.jpg

GODDAMNIT!!

Alright, let's move. Barret, black man of action, immediately takes charge.

08.jpg

What we're dealing with now, is a city in panic and we can use this to our advantage to disappear and get back to our hideout. Barret tells us to split up and meet up at the Sector 8 train station. So yeah, let's.

09.jpg

On our way through a city of panic, we observe citizens running around scared and tackling each other out of the way.

10-1.jpg

We meet a pretty girl selling flowers, but she's actually not the important thing now - it's actually her flowers - so let's investigate further!

11-1.jpg

12-1.jpg

See, flowers are very rare in the city of Midgar in this day and age, because they have evil life-sucking corporations and mad bomber freedom fighters to worry about. It's hard to be a pretty flower in this cold, old world and so the poor little things have to resort to prostitution to survive and get through college. It's really horrible.

13-1.jpg

So let's buy one and put it in our pocket.

14.jpg

15.jpg

The pimp girl wanders off to look for new customers. Let's continue our valiant escape!

16.jpg

See that electricity? Let's see what happens if we OH FUCK MY HAIR!

17.jpg

Goddamn these terrorists! Oh, looks like they have graffiti here. Let's have that old man over there read it for us!

18.jpg

Uh-huh.

19.jpg

20.jpg

Well, that's nice.

Alright, I guess we better escape. Let's try exiting to the south.

21.jpg

Uh-oh!

Alright, it looks like we've been spotted by some soldiers. We can handle this either by running away or fighting them.

22.jpg

Will this have consequences? Hahahaha, no! But if you don't decide quick enough, the game will pick the option Mickey Mouse is pointing at. And there's really no reason not to fight them as you get experience, money and maybe an item or two.

FACT: Of course, if you'd rather we didn't fight them then just pretend we didn't! 'Cause it all plays out exactly the same way anyway. Those two soldiers won't disappear just because we kill them. They just get replaced! It's just like the real army!

23.jpg

So we fight them - or run from them, whatever - and we run into more soldiers. We fight them too. Then we run into a third bunch of soldiers.

24.jpg

Goddamn! Was it something I said? GodDAMN!

25.jpg

Alright, now we're surrounded. The game doesn't give us any choices this time. Now, we're going to get killed for sure, right? I know that's what all of you unbelievers are thinking, huh? Well, screw you! Cloud has an ace up his sleeve.

26.jpg

He's a goddamn hero.

27.jpg

FACT: Cloud Strife, train surfer.

28.jpg

Great escape? OR GREATEST ESCAPE?!!

In the next update: come meet the resistance!

afewhours

Scholar
Locue said:
We meet a pretty girl selling flowers, but she's actually not the important thing now - it's actually her flowers - so let's investigate further!

Ah! I understand now! The flowers are SYMB0L1K! Aeris is a prostitute who sells her "flower" to survive on the streets of Midgar. Isn't it great how FFVII is suitable for kiddies, yet contains H1DD3N M3SSAGES for an adult audience! Gawd! It's so deep! My brain is exploding.

You need to get a shot of Cloud doing his trademark *shrug*. Seeing that would probably kill half of the Codex.

CONTINUE MY GOOD SF2 AVATAR!

Oh yeah, I almost forgot: lol jrpgs lol

Suicidal

Arcane
Trying to get 2 trophies at the same time, eh Locue?

Don't know why, but I like this LP better than the Pokemon one. Maybe because FFVII has an actual storyline that can generate potential lulz when you amplify its stupidity. Good luck on your comedy crusade!

Also, why the fuck is the main evil a greedy money-hungry corporation bent on wasting the planet's resources for profit? Was this game inspired by Captain Planet/developed by a Japanese Greenpeace branch, or something? I've never played FFVII so I don't know the details, but that's how it seems.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Suicidal said:
Trying to get 2 trophies at the same time, eh Locue?
Eh, I guess. I keep telling myself I won't give up on Emerald but it's really difficult not to since I think the game's so fucking boring. I'm going to try to go through the game for as long as I have a scripted story. After that, I'll probably nuke it for good. It's a parody shits and giggles thread anyway.

Don't know why, but I like this LP better than the Pokemon one. Maybe because FFVII has an actual storyline that can generate potential lulz when you amplify its stupidity. Good luck on your comedy crusade!
My thoughts exactly. Thanks.

Also, why the fuck is the main evil a greedy money-hungry corporation bent on wasting the planet's resources for profit? Was this game inspired by Captain Planet/developed by a Japanese Greenpeace branch, or something? I've never played FFVII so I don't know the details, but that's how it seems.
I actually don't know. Most asian anime and manga and games and crap in general seems to have this as a theme. Evil people fucking up the world's life in some way for profit, so good guys have to help the friendly world spirits, Gaia or the lifeforce or whatever. I dunno. And then in the end everyone learns their lesson and starts recycling and shit.

afewhours

Scholar
Suicidal said:
Also, why the fuck is the main evil a greedy money-hungry corporation bent on wasting the planet's resources for profit?

The Gaia fetish is a well documented phenomenon in animefag/JRPG land. Just watch Princess Mononoke and you'll get the idea.

Besides, the main evil is... MYSTARY! You will have to wait for Locue to reveal all.

Locue said:
PLZ BE MORE SERIOUS!!

CAN YOU SEE THAT I AM SERIOUS?

JOIN ME OR DIE. CAN YOU DO ANY LESS?

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
afewhours said:
Suicidal said:
Also, why the fuck is the main evil a greedy money-hungry corporation bent on wasting the planet's resources for profit?

The Gaia fetish is a well documented phenomenon in animefag/JRPG land. Just watch Princess Mononoke and you'll get the idea.

Besides, the main evil is... MYSTARY! You will have to wait for Locue to reveal all.
It's Aeris.

Locue said:
PLZ BE MORE SERIOUS!!

CAN YOU SEE THAT I AM SERIOUS?

JOIN ME OR DIE. CAN YOU DO ANY LESS?
STOP SCREAMING AT ME!!!

Alright, enough of this shenanigans.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I am predicting right now this thread will culminate in people trying to analyze the storyline and coming up with various theories explaining it in long, formatted essays.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Jasede said:
I am predicting right now this thread will culminate in people trying to analyze the storyline and coming up with various theories explaining it in long, formatted essays.
Meh, I can sum everything up in one sentence when the time is right.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
No, you can't. See, the story is very deep and full of symbolism so you can't make it this easy. You must carefully analyze every plot device in its dramatical context and pay attention to the character-developmental synergies to properly appreciate the deep and thought-provoking story that should send an important message to all of us.

afewhours

Scholar
Jasede said:

What? No, no, no, no. I predict it will end in a deluge of one line posts saying "lol final fantasy sucks."

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Jasede said:
No, you can't. See, the story is very deep and full of symbolism so you can't make it this easy. You must carefully analyze every plot device in its dramatical context and pay attention to the character-developmental synergies to properly appreciate the deep and thought-provoking story that should send an important message to all of us.
Bwahahahaha!!!

This is madness!!!

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Jasede said:
http://uk.faqs.ign.com/articles/454/454384p1.html
HOLY... uh, yeah. I didn't actually expect that someone had done something like that. Damn me for my positive outlook on life!

Don't expect something like that in this thread. I really don't care enough for the "complex" storyline to go to so great lengths to explain it. I will sum it up in one sentence. It won't be "this is madness" but it'll probably be pretty damn close.

I'm going to get back to work now.

afewhours

Scholar
Jasede said:

What the devil?

Meh. Never mind. It warms my heart to see people spending hours and hours of time on something so utterly vapid.

WalterKinde

Scholar
Wow Talk about having free time on your hands.
To actually write something like that is incredible but i just remember on the now defunct techtv on the gaming show x-play they had a Final Fantasy tribute and they did a report on fans of the music and this one guy (Possibly 17 or 16) was with his mom and when the orchestra (yes orchestra) started playing the theme for FF 10 , the guy started screaming like how the young girls did in those old movies of the beatles performing live, his mother must have been of the opinion at least hes not in a gang or doing drugs. :D
So i shouldn't really be surprised theres an essay on FF 7 storyline.

Suicidal

Arcane
Jasede said:

Uuugh.. Wha?!... Ahhh... Nevermind. The internet is a dark and scary place.

The Walkin' Dude said:
At least the setting is more interesting than the Sword Coast.

Even flash games you find on the internet nowadays have better stories and settings than Sword Coast RPGs. This one, for example, puts you in the shoes of a diseased zombie guy trying to escape a nazi millitary force that is getting rid of all the witnesses, or something. A few steps forward from the traditional (Ancient evil + Chosen one * generic fantasy setting with elves = fail^2) formula.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
You should be aware that a similar document on Final Fantasy 8 exists and is about three times that long, going it very long tangents as the Rinoa<->Ultimecia theory is debated, refuted, picked up again and tried to be proven and disproven with references to the game and exact moments of the CGI movies that may or may not contain hints to the truth.

Final Fantasy nerds are like Bible researchers.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Jasede said:

the plot analysis guy said:
INTRODUCTION - I decided to write this guide after the amazing feedback I got
from writing a similar plot guide for the Tekken series.
That was enough for me.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Dear god, that game looks so incredible horrific and ugly that it was almost able to eliminate and replace the picture of my bathing grandma in my head.
I was 15 and stepped into the not-closed bath. Oh the horror :(
Someone hug me. Please.... fast.... :(

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom