Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pretty?

denizsi

Arcane
In the image with the blue light, it gives the impression that there are shallow water cannals carved on the ground tiles so some liquid fills those cannals and the devices give energy to this liquid (to achieve whatever it's supposed to) which glows, which is nice when looked at like that, I think. This imaginary impression also gives reason for the peculiar shape of the tubes.

denizsi

Arcane
Some have asked for a different sign than pentagram and VD has said he was open to suggestions. The sign on the left-top corner of the website of a game I spotted in Indie CRPGs thread, caught my attention:

cca714e089.jpg

It's pretty good, and may give some ideas, if replacing the pentagram is desirable.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
It's pretty cool, but we can't use it.

But I remade the symbol and made some things better. What do you think? I know it's not as cool as the symbol above, but it's good enough?

With glowing cracks:

Amasius

Augur
Hm, the symbol isn't very striking. Maybe you can use a septagram instead of a pentagram:
lg_10854.jpg

Or something more inventive like this:
lg_11841.jpg

pkt-zer0

Scholar
Elhoim said:
But I remade the symbol and made some things better. What do you think? I know it's not as cool as the symbol above, but it's good enough?
I'd say the outer edge with runes is nice, but the symbol inside is far too... asymmetrical for my liking.

Monolith

Prophet
Damn ninja editing!! To be honest, I didn't miss them but they are looking nice so, ehm, neutral.

Jedi_Learner

Liturgist
I personally like it better without the glowing cracks. I find it more pleasing to the eye, and I can see the runes in the middle and inbetween the two circles more clearer. That nuclear version you did Elhoim a few weeks ago would make for a nice easter egg if you get time at the end. :P

axedice

Cipher
I think the good old pentagram is still the better. The runic alphabet just doesnt fit, it reminds me of Dunkelheit.

If you are desperate to change the pentagram, why not use something more "magical". Such as the symbol of Celestial Chorus

268222458_d0ec6aee3d.jpg

Or maybe something like this :

Symbol800.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom