Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Website Updated! New Screenshots!

Blue

Novice
What happened to the green armour that was put up last night? It was more rugged looking, a lil beat up, same helmet type of the imperials though. This one looks good too. Do the three different helmets have different attributes?

As a side note, I'm completely sucked into the hype (or w/e) for this game and have been checking the forums daily. Any news is good news.

Blue

cardtrick

Arbiter
Wow, those are all fantastic. I love the Mercenary steel armor . . . it's just oozing character.

Monolith

Prophet
Damn, Elhoim, you're bringing some great art into the game. I must say I was sceptical about your interface at first, but you totally changed my mind. And the armour looks fantastic now.

Sodomy

Scholar
Realistically, wouldn't steel be a BAD thing to make an armor out of? I mean, I know it's RPG standard to have "steel armor", but the reason that steel is used in buildings is because its more flexible than iron, which isn't exactly a good thing when you want it to withstand blows...

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Thanks for the compliments guys! :D

Remember these are 3D Studio renders. The lightning in the game is not so good and they might look different.

Relayer71

Liturgist
I have to say I love the font you're using in-game.

Text quality is probably the least important thing in games but to me it is really irritating to find text that is too small, too big, too blury or in some near-illegible font because the designers thought it would look cool.

Oh, and the screenshots look pretty good so far.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
If your damage is less than armor's DR value, then yes, your armor can absorb damage without any effect on you. A heavily armored opponent is very easy to hit, so switching to two-handed weapons, especially in the power attack mode is very effective.

bluecuracao

Novice
VaultDweller said:

Wow! This one looks f***ing amazing! High-res textures + some really well done art = win. I like it.

Also, i noticed the blurring of the bricks has been fixed? If yes, then wow again, great job from Elhoim and Flashback here (or whoever did this)!

Ok, and now, since i'm unable to write a single post without criticism: The ground texture needs some love, too! :D

Oh, and the new armor models are really nice, they have this kind of "long history" flavor and are nicely detailed. Elhoim was definately a good addition to your team.

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
The graphics are way beyond the previous incarnation, as seen in the old screenshots on the website. I can hardly recognize it as the same game.

Sodomy said:
Realistically, wouldn't steel be a BAD thing to make an armor out of? I mean, I know it's RPG standard to have "steel armor", but the reason that steel is used in buildings is because its more flexible than iron, which isn't exactly a good thing when you want it to withstand blows...
Actually, yes it is. Pure iron is soft. Iron with a high amount of carbon is brittle. You don't want your armour to be soft or brittle, you want it to be flexible and thus durable.
Steel isn't just used in buildings, after all. It's used whenever you want durability. Swords were also made of steel. Steel is really the cool iron.

GiordanoWC

Novice
Elhoim said:
Let´s see... How about this one?

Being from a samnite/sabinian area in southern Italy, I have a very big fat interest in pre-roman/late roman military equipment. Your render of this armour set is gorgeous. The leftmost helmet displays a bit of Trojan/Macedonian influence, while the rightmost is PURE late-empire. The centremost looks great as well. But the other two are where my heart mostly rests.

You've got a real talent, amico, keep 'em comin!

Ander Vinz

Scholar
Elhoim, Flashback, very good work with bricks :wink:. This is the quality I hoped for. But please tweak the ground texture.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom