Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

AoD buildings

DMKW

Novice
its nuts how far this game has come in such a short periode of time. i thought the first screenshots where great but these are really good. great attention to details. its nice to be able to actually see a game develop for once and take part in its progress instead of dealing with so much secrecy and lame redundant previews. hats off to the team for such great volunteer effort. please keep it up :)

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Thanks. I'm very pleased with latest stuff too. Very decent quality.

FrancoTAU

Cipher
Good stuff, bro. A big improvement over your first room screen shots. The interiors seem much more alive.

Atrokkus

Erudite
Beeeautiful.
And that painting of an assassin: you'd better leave the assassin there, in the painting, because he really looks kinda way too cliche in that outfit ^_^

The houses, especially the exteriors, are great. And interiors look cozy, too.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Shagadelic. Hey, VD, quickie for ya: Will you be able to get your own pad and pimp it out, maybe running a brothel or a store of some kind outta there to get some steady cash flow?

spacemoose

Erudite
Sheeeet Nigga, if I was a publisher with cash-money, I would give you cash-money to further develop this.

Greatatlantic

Erudite
Question regarding the gameworld... Is there a transition from outside to inside like Morrowind had, or are buildings' insides part of the same map, like Fallout or Arcanum?

Jora

Arcane
These all look much better than I expected. Very detailed and just well done. I don't see much room for improvement.

Although your recent graphics whoring does have its downsides, I can definitely see the improved look of the game attracting players new to games with lower than average graphics if you just can make them aware of it.

Nick

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Greatatlantic said:
Question regarding the gameworld... Is there a transition from outside to inside like Morrowind had, or are buildings' insides part of the same map, like Fallout or Arcanum?

Same map, loading screens are only between locations.

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
Looks fine. Too few shaders, thouhg.

Anyways, I was wondering - seeing all those objects like pans, vases, bottles in the scene means that in final game they will be part of building-object, tb, will those objects be interactive or serve only as visual element (like in Infiinity engine or many other RPGs)?

In this image -
http://img223.imageshack.us/img_vie...wingtraining38sn.jpg&gal=img466/2232/96lk.jpg
Those are glass bottles? They look too much like ghosts of those items - too misty/transparent.

Whipporowill

Erudite
Looking very promising, although I have to agree with Kamaz about the "ghostly" bottles. In the closeup they look way to transparent, but strangely not nearly as much when zoomed out to show the whole house.

deus

Liturgist
Is the writing on the posters of the sword and assassin clear enough to be read in-game?

Whipporowill

Erudite
So you're using runes? Will it be translatable for people that know the alphabet or is it just gibberish? Also, seeing runes in AoD feels a little odd since it's an Ultima thing as well as part of my cultural heritage as a swede... :lol:

Vault Dweller

Developer
Well, using English other than in dialogues would kinda suck. I'm afraid it's gibberish though.

RGE

Liturgist
Kamaz said:
Those are glass bottles? They look too much like ghosts of those items - too misty/transparent.
Or not transparent enough, and lacking the shiny. I guess the transparency would be lower with worse glass quality though.

Very decent quality indeed.

Sabregirl

Scholar
Vault Dweller said:
Well, using English other than in dialogues would kinda suck. I'm afraid it's gibberish though.

If you wanted to use something OTHER than runes, I have my own set of characters (as a truetype font) you'd be welcome to use. It's phonetic so technically you could write english words with it, but still "translate" it.

Also I think the buildings, especially the interiors look really nice. :)

-S

Whipporowill

Erudite
Well, VD - the rune thing has been kinda done to death, so either if you go with SG's offer or make up your own font, I sure as hell wouldn't mind. It kinda breaks immersion seeing the viking alphabet in a pseudo-roman post-apoc world... :lol:

Vault Dweller

Developer
Whipporowill said:
Well, VD - the rune thing has been kinda done to death...
Well, swords and hammers thing has been kinda done to death too, so.... My point is the rune thing is just a minor, minor thing. It's not even a feature so I won't be able to put that on my hype list: "my gaem has runez!!!! awsome!"

... so either if you go with SG's offer or make up your own font
SG's offer was interesting, but as for making my own font - too much hassle. I'd rather make it unreadable/blurry and you can use your imagination.

I sure as hell wouldn't mind. It kinda breaks immersion seeing the viking alphabet in a pseudo-roman post-apoc world... :lol:
Good point.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Sabregirl said:
If you wanted to use something OTHER than runes, I have my own set of characters (as a truetype font) you'd be welcome to use.
Thanks, looks interesting. Whippo is right though, the rune thing doesn't fit well into the gameworld.

Also I think the buildings, especially the interiors look really nice. :)
Thanks

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom