Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play UFO - Aftermath : Victory!

Cassidy

Arcane
PrzeSzkoda said:
Kashmir Slippers said:
That is the canon ending?

THE FUCK!!!!

What were this game's writers smoking when they made this game?

It's what extreme Shepard would have done.

WRONG!!!

This is what EXTREME SHEPARD would have done, after tracking the reticulans homeworld:

2wqsewz.jpg

To say yes is to betray mankind.

The only diplomacy with xenos is EXTERMINATUS. Why colar grab one when you could collar grab an entire planet?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Desmodus Rotundus said:
Yeah sorry didn't find a way to make spoiler tags so I just went with tiny print.

[spoiler ][/spoiler]

without the space in the first tag

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Victory!

Alright, we have a planet to save. Let's get to it.
The research department comes up with the obvious:

And immediately thereafter, a new mission becomes available.

The aliens are now also packing collapsible plasma cannons. Which means plenty of bleeding soldiers needing recuperation, despite wearing the best available armor. :salute:
We got what we came for though.

But before we embark on this final mission, we take a last look at how the globe is holding up.

Most of the planet is within our control now, the biomass is slowly but surely being pushed back. We're winning this war, so now we go for the kill.
We press the "Moon mission" key.

And the fight is on!

Naturally I bring the 7 most experienced and deadly soldiers. JoKa, PopeAmole, Bee, spekkio, chzr, Storyfag and dextermor. :salute: Here we see a picture of one an alien lugging around a collapsible plasma cannon. They sure are ugly looking, and do less damage per second than the gauss cannon, but they can be reloaded in the field. I probably should have brought several for this mission..
Once we enter the moon base, we have these objectives:
First we need to destroy these pink incubators or whatever they are.

Then we need to destroy three ugly worm-like thingies in a large central room.

At this point, we're low on ammo, and have been patched up several times on the brink of death. We think the level is clear, haven't spotted any opposition for a couple of minutes, so we open the door to find these.

There are only two in this screenshot, but that's only because PopeAmole hasn't spotted the rest yet. I believe there were around 10 of them in that room, together with 4 reticulans. :incline:
The Transgenants prove highly resilient to damage, and their melee attacks are swift and damaging, so after killing just three of them, we start running in circles to draw them out.
It works, and bravely Bee runs past them, into the central chamber with only 3 of the Transgenants after her.

I'd been clever enough to bring grenades to this mission, and Bee was carrying three. I didn't remember that I had to use that exact number, but that's my luck. Three quick throws later and...

We're victorious! To be honest, I thought I might have to restart that mission with a lot more ammo and first aid packs, but that last run by Bee saved our bacon. :salute: :bro:
Our team returns to Earth and receives one last message from the Council of Earth.

And we get this extro video now that we've won.

Mission succesful! The alien invaders were repelled, their heinous plan laid to waste, and all is good and well on our blue planet again.

Or is it? :smug:

dextermorgan

Arcane
Well done good sir. I was going to advise to wait until you captured a base with Double-Barrel Machine Gun or Collapsible Machine Gun for some truly awesome firepower but I guess that wasn't necessary. :salute:

korenzel

Educated
You really make it look too easy. The spaceship key mission was absolute hell with close range alien psi control, incendiary rockets and plasma cannons everywhere and you didn't lose a single soldier. Maybe I should have looked further into the psi weapons, they're either extremely powerful, or you're a god at this game. Maybe both.

Whatever the case, congratulations on a completed LP, even if I would have preferred you showing more tactical map action to learn from your obviously great skills.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Great skills at pausing the game at every little turn, abusing the psi-control option, and reloading if things went FUBAR.
If I stood to lose the whole team, I reloaded. But a single or two soldiers down didn't merit a reload. The ting to remember is to prioritise the psi-control targets. Incendiary rockets are indeed a pain, but it's satisfying beyond reason to have the alien bastards fire those rockets at eachother. :smug:

I found the last mission much harder than the "retrieve the key" mission to be honest. There was just so many aliens...

But thank you anyhoo! :love: All of you. I had fun doing this LP. Now go sign up for the next tour of duty here. M:

JoKa

Cipher
thanks a lot for this LP...you were so fast to update i didn't get to post more often. you prompted me to replay afterlight, and i hope you do that after AS :smug:

spekkio

Arcane
Welcome to the prestigous atenntion-whoring club, Azira-kun. M:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom