Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's press the button of awesome - Stolen memos found

Should Bethany accompany Hawke to the Deep Roads?

• Yes

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Too little payoff for the risk involved. If they had added 25% off spell cooldown while Vengeance is active, it might be worthwhile to keep it on. But since Twinkle is playing in Nightmare, Anders is not going to survive anything while in Vengeance mode. An assassin / hunter will just stealth and one shot kill Anders unless he gets a godly amount of CON or drinks a potion of Lifeward.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
I should stress that i absolutely agree that this is probably one of the last talents I would ever use in the game. Too many other cooler ones to be sure.

Just pointing out that there are situations where it could be useful.

KalosKagathos

Learned
Spockrock said:
Overweight Manatee said:
Unfathomably epically useless.
it could be useful with mobs with a ton of HP (like the high dragon or Hybris) :?
If anything, it will be even more useless in prolonged boss fights, as healing matters more in them. No idea WTF the designers were thinking. The damage boost is way, way too low to make up for the massive penalties.

Twinkle

Liturgist
If they had added 25% off spell cooldown while Vengeance is active, it might be worthwhile to keep it on.

Actually, better spell cooldown (I believe this ability is called Swift Justice or something) is the reason I picked this up. And, thankfully, it doesn't require Vengeance mode to be active.

PART 7 - PRETTY PRINCE

Only one companion is yet to be recruited. A noble prince yearning for revenge. He can be found in Hightown.

da2lp10-00.jpg

da2lp10-01.jpg

face-varric.jpg
So... Milady Sunshine, what's your first act as a noblewoman would be?
face-bethany.jpg
A noblewoman with no fortune and no title? Looking for work, probably.
face-varric.jpg
Practicality is for peasants, my lady. You need to do something frivolous to celebrate your birthright.
face-bethany.jpg
Such as...?
face-varric.jpg
Come up to the Hightown Market and complain bitterly that there's no Orlesian silk that matches your eyes.
face-bethany.jpg
But what if something does match my eyes? What will I do, then?
face-varric.jpg
Insist that they're blatantly copying you, and demand royalties. A good noble always has a complaint ready, Sunshine.

Somewhat Codexian line of thinking, I give him that. :smug:

Delivery complete.

da2lp10-02.jpg

da2lp10-03.jpg

New quest offering:

da2lp10-04.jpg

Merchant dude with heavy French accent offers another one, with good reward potential.
da2lp10-05.jpg

face-hawke10.jpg
Hear you're having problems with the Bone Pit. I can help.
face-hubert.jpg
Eh, finally someone comes to help me. You look a bit unseasoned, but I hope you will do!
face-hubert.jpg
I had to suspend operations! My workers are lost in the mines or have run off. Serves me right for hiring Fereldan refugees.
face-hubert.jpg
I sent others before, but no word. Perhaps they are putting me off! I need someone competent to figure out what is going on.
face-hawke10.jpg
I'll head there soon.
face-hubert.jpg
The sooner the better. Each day the mine is not running costs me more than miners make in a year.
face-hubert.jpg
The Bone Pit is just outside the city. Any map will show it.

Poor bugger whose wife is missing. He fails to convince guardsmen to help him with his trouble.
da2lp10-06.jpg

face-ghyslain.jpg
What do you mean you can't help me?
face-guardsman.jpg
This is a domestic matter, serah. If your wife has chosen to leave you, there's nothing we can do.
face-ghyslain.jpg
Ninette is my wife! She's legally bound to me. Bring her back!
face-guardsman.jpg
We're done here.
face-ghyslain.jpg
:rage:
face-ghyslain.jpg
Useless! Why are we still paying those sluggards?
face-hawke10.jpg
I intend to claim the reward for finding your wife.
face-ghyslain.jpg
You are going to look for Ninette? Finally, someone who looks competent.
face-ghyslain.jpg
That foolish woman has caused me nothing but embarassment. She needs to be dragged home.
face-ghyslain.jpg
Her family is getting suspicious. They think I might have... done something to her.
face-ghyslain.jpg
Even if-- Well, I just want to make sure they know I didn't do it!
face-hawke10.jpg
I'll try my best to find Ninette and bring her home.
face-ghyslain.jpg
You should talk to Jethann at the Blooming Rose.
face-ghyslain.jpg
I didn't know she visited whores. Until Jethann sent a letter. To our house! He even sent her flowers once. Lilies -- her favorite.
face-ghyslain.jpg
Bah. Talking about it makes my head hurt. Good luck to you, serah.

This quest is pretty fun, spans through multiple acts and is full of twists.

More coins to be gained from a delivery job.

da2lp10-07.jpg

da2lp10-08.jpg

Meet the prince. He defies the grand cleric of Kirkwall, no less.
da2lp10-09.jpg

face-elthina.jpg
Sebastian! Stop this madness!
face-elthina.jpg
The Chantry cannot condone revenge, Sebastian.
face-sebastian.jpg
It is my right, my duty, to show these assassins there is nowhere in the Free Marches to hide!
face-elthina.jpg
This is murder.

da2lp10-10.jpg

da2lp10-11.jpg

Oh, wow. He's extreme enough to shoot the notice grand cleric holds in her hand and is not afraid it may end up being torn. I don't need another rogue marksman in my party, but money is money.

da2lp10-12.jpg

face-sebastian.jpg
No. What happened to my family was murder.

There are other NPCs in the area that require Hawke's assistance.

da2lp10-13.jpg

face-macha.jpg
Please, can you help me? My brother.
face-hawke10.jpg
Give me the details.
face-macha.jpg
Keran was always so devout, so idealistic.
face-macha.jpg
He was so proud when the templars accepted him. I pleaded with him not to join the Order, but he wouldn't listen.
face-macha.jpg
You hear dark rumors about the templars and Knight-Commander Meredith. And now my brother is gone.
face-hawke10.jpg
Stop crying and tell me what you know.
face-macha.jpg
Yes, serah.
face-macha.jpg
Keran would write me every day. Then suddenly, no more letters. I wrote him many times with no response.
face-macha.jpg
I tried to see him, but Knight-Commander Meredith threw me out. They won't tell me anything!
face-hawke10.jpg
I'd be putting myself at risk, possibly crossing the templars. Why should I do this for you?
face-macha.jpg
I have precious little, but if you find my brother I will manage some way to pay you.
face-macha.jpg
Perchance in your journeys if you find yourself in the Gallows -- ask the other recruits, Wilmod and Hugh, about my brother.
face-macha.jpg
They were Keran's closest friends in the Order. If anyone knows where he is, it's them.
face-macha.jpg
Maker bless you and watch after you in this endeavor.

More disappearances. I wonder if these cases are connected. Also, it seems that Grandpa Amell engaged in some fornication, for there are several female NPCs that look almost like momma Hawke. :M

The notice itself. It says, basically, kill three groups of mercs. There is nothing more to this quest, really.

da2lp10-14.jpg

da2lp10-15.jpg

face-vanard.jpg
You there, Fereldan. I wish to speak with you.
face-vanard.jpg
I've heard you have dealings with certain... elements... in the city. You can get things done, "on the sly" as they say?
face-hawke10.jpg
What of it, old man?
face-vanard.jpg
I am a magistrate in this city and I expect to be addressed with respect. Especially from someone who might be working for me soon...
face-vanard.jpg
A man I sentenced to a life in prison has escaped custody. He's been tracked to an abandoned ruin outside the city.
face-vanard.jpg
I'd like you to retrieve the fugitive, and hand him over to the guard.
face-hawke10.jpg
The guards can take care of this, unless there's something else you're not telling me.
face-varric.jpg
Good, so I'm not the only one who thinks this smells like a setup.
face-vanard.jpg
The men refuse to go in without reinforcements. The ruins have been overrun by strange... creatures.
face-hawke10.jpg
I'll take the job.
face-vanard.jpg
Bring the fugitive in alive, quickly and quietly.
face-vanard.jpg
Not only will you be well-paid, you'll have the gratitude of a city magistrate. Useful for a refugee, wouldn't you agree?

Hmm, this job promises a lot of coin, but the magistrate is obviously bullshitting me.

Since the Chantry is nearby, it may be wise to visit it while no angry templars or bandits are inside. :M

da2lp10-16.jpg

Butthurt gay mage is butthurt.

face-anders.jpg
The Rite of Tranquility is the whole problem. If they didn't have that to hold over us, we'd have so many more options.
face-bethany.jpg
Right! If we want to fight back... or just engage in intelligent debate... they make sure we can't do it.
face-anders.jpg
They're forcing our hands. There's no way to change things peacefully.
face-bethany.jpg
There must be something.
face-anders.jpg
If it's Tranquility or death, we have no choice but to make every confrontation a life-or-death struggle.
face-bethany.jpg
I know, but... there are good people in the Circle, the Chantry. There has to be a way to reason with them.
face-anders.jpg
Not if they take away your ability to reason.

Looting is successful.

da2lp10-17.jpg

And so is a delivery.

da2lp10-18.jpg

da2lp10-19.jpg

Here's the plan. We are going to visit all described locations.

da2lp10-20.jpg

Docks at night greet us with generic raiders.

da2lp10-21.jpg

The first bunch of mercs is down.
da2lp10-22.jpg

Next.

da2lp10-23.jpg

da2lp10-24.jpg

da2lp10-25.jpg

Done. And the last one.

da2lp10-26.jpg

The Wounded Coast is probably the biggest outdoor location you can find in DA2. In reality it consists of several interconnected corridors, only coupled with skydome instead of a ceiling.

da2lp10-27.jpg

face-bethany.jpg
So, you were in the Circle and ran away. I don't know if I'd be brave enough to do that.
face-anders.jpg
You've been an apostate your whole life.
face-bethany.jpg
Exactly. It was never anything I had to work for.
face-bethany.jpg
Other people always took the risks to keep me free.

Here they are.

da2lp10-28.jpg

And now, ladies and gentlemen, I am ready to present you... the long-term CONSEQUENCES! Hawke encounters huge gangs of raiders, spiders and mabari gathered around a dead body.

da2lp10-29.jpg

da2lp10-30.jpg

da2lp10-31.jpg

da2lp10-32.jpg

da2lp10-33.jpg

Let's check the body.

da2lp10-34.jpg

da2lp10-35.jpg

da2lp10-36.jpg

face-hawke10.jpg
Messages for the Wardens. Hmm. They'd probably pay to have them returned.

Hmm. This is the direct result of sparing a mage in Warden's Keep. Atribute-boosting experimental draught can be consumed immediately but the documents need to be delivered to a specific place in Lowtown.

Even more raiders on the way back.

da2lp10-37.jpg

da2lp10-38.jpg

da2lp10-39.jpg

Time to claim prince's reward. Sebby won't join until Act 2, but his follow-up quests are more interesting (that "felicitate me" quote floating around 'Dex comes from one of them).

da2lp10-40.jpg

face-hawke10.jpg
Your family has been avenged.
face-sebastian.jpg
Excuse me, who are--? My post to the Chanters' Board? Did her Grace let that stay?
face-sebastian.jpg
I thought for sure no one even read... But you say you've killed them?
face-sebastian.jpg
You have my eternal gratitude, serah! It is comforting to think my parents might now rest easily in their graves.
face-hawke10.jpg
Your letter spoke of a reward?
face-sebastian.jpg
Consider this an advance. When I have secured my lands again, you will be paid royally.
face-sebastian.jpg
Now if you excuse me, I must meet with the viscount and petition him for the aid to a fellow city.

And to deliver documents.

da2lp10-41.jpg

da2lp10-42.jpg

face-bethany.jpg
I know it didn't work the way you wanted, but... it was brave, what you did with Justice.
face-anders.jpg
It was meant well. I don't know if that's enough to forgive me.
face-bethany.jpg
It must have been hard for him, being trapped outside the Fade. In a place where no one's like him.
face-bethany.jpg
I bet he appreciated having a friend.
face-anders.jpg
He did.

More mercs hunting for Grey Wardens letters.

da2lp10-43.jpg

da2lp10-44.jpg

And yes, I will use Vengeance until I'm stocked with more useful auras :smug:

da2lp10-45.jpg

da2lp10-46.jpg

And so they did.

da2lp10-47.jpg

da2lp10-48.jpg

Companion quests for this act are fully completed. It's time to move on to more profitable ventures.

circ

Arcane
RK47 said:
Too little payoff for the risk involved. If they had added 25% off spell cooldown while Vengeance is active, it might be worthwhile to keep it on. But since Twinkle is playing in Nightmare, Anders is not going to survive anything while in Vengeance mode. An assassin / hunter will just stealth and one shot kill Anders unless he gets a godly amount of CON or drinks a potion of Lifeward.
I did Night Terrors quest with Fenris and some other guys. I was a rogue. So, Fenris betrays me la la la. And one hit kills me with Mighty Blow. Don't take Fenris along, just saying.

Twinkle

Liturgist
PART 8 - WAYWARD CHILDREN.

My plans for the future are simple. I'll move from rumors category to plot quests to secondary etc., until I hit fifty-something sovereigns.
da2lp11-00.jpg

Today's task - Wayward Son. For now it's listed in the rumors section, but actually it is a plot-related quest.
da2lp11-01.jpg

face-anders.jpg
What?
face-varric.jpg
Just wondering if the feathered pauldrons are an essential part of the moody rebel mage persona.
face-anders.jpg
What are you talking about?
face-varric.jpg
I'm working on an epic poem about a hopelessly romantic apostate waging an epic struggle against forces he can't possibly defeat.
face-anders.jpg
What do you mean, "Can't possibly defeat?"
face-varric.jpg
Well, it's not a good story unless the hero dies.

It starts in the alienage. We see an elven mom arguing with a templar about her missing son.

da2lp11-02.jpg

face-thrask.jpg
I am sorry for your loss, Mistress. But I can offer your son mercy only if he turns himself in.
face-arianni.jpg
I'm trying to find him, but--
face-thrask.jpg
The templars cannot tolerate apostates.
face-bethany.jpg
Can we help this woman? This could be Mother...
face-arianni.jpg
Sobs
face-hawke11.jpg
You won't be able to protect your son from the templars alone.
face-arianni.jpg
I have done all I can to protect him.
face-arianni.jpg
I am Arianni. My boy, Feynriel... he's all I have, all my family. When I learned he had magic, I could not bear to send him to the Circle.
face-arianni.jpg
But his connection to the Fade... it gives him nightmares, dreams of demons, speaking in his mind. I would rather lose him to the Circle than to himself.
face-hawke11.jpg
When I find him, it's my decision whether he is safer in the Circle... or eliminated.
face-bethany.jpg
How could you? We would never--
face-arianni.jpg
No! Please don't hurt him. He's just a boy. Talk to him. I know you'll see he's a good lad. He just needs to be protected from himself.
face-arianni.jpg
I don't know where Feynriel has gone, but there are two places you might start your search.
face-arianni.jpg
Ser Thrask has been looking for him. If you speak to him in the Gallows, he'll be able to tell you what ground he's already covered.
face-arianni.jpg
And Feynriel's father, Vincento, recently returned from Antiva. He's a merchant in the Lowtown Bazaar. Feynriel might have sought him out.
face-hawke11.jpg
I'll ask around, but no guarantees.
face-bethany.jpg
Magic can be a fearful gift. Your son deserves the best aid learning how to manage it.
face-arianni.jpg
Thank you. It has been a lonely time, hiding. It's almost a relief to finally confront this openly.
Bethany rivalry +10
Anders rivalry +5

Unfortunately, there isn't much profit potential in this. On the other hand fulfilling this task can boost relationships with mage companions. I chose to pursue father route. He's in the Lowtown as well.

da2lp11-03.jpg

face-vincento.jpg
Greetings, serah. You look like a man who'd be interested in the finest Antivan steel to grace his hand.
face-vincento.jpg
I bring only the best northern merchandise to the Free Marches.
face-hawke11.jpg
Actually, I'm more interested in your son.
face-vincento.jpg
Son? I have never had that privilege, serah. My poor wife, she is back in Antiva, and cannot see me often with my travels.
face-bethany.jpg
Please, serah. I know you must fear for Feynriel, but we mean him no harm.
face-vincento.jpg
Hrmph. Hard to tell in this city who means who harm, no?
face-hawke11.jpg
You've got an elf-blood bastard running around and I know you know where to find him.
face-vincento.jpg
H-Hold off, all right? Yesterday was the first I met the boy.
face-vincento.jpg
Seemed like a good lad. The kind of son I might have been proud of.
face-vincento.jpg
The boy's in over the head, so I sent him to the only man I know who doesn't despise mages. A former templar named Samson.
face-hawke11.jpg
Does this Samson have a residence in Kirkwall?
face-vincento.jpg
No. He's a wanted man.
face-vincento.jpg
He stays out of sight during the day. At night, he stays near Darktown. That's the best place to find them.

Ah, the night map. Prepare for more bandit attacks.

da2lp11-04.jpg

da2lp11-05.jpg

This one didn't go too well despite my mages dominating the terrain.
da2lp11-06.jpg

da2lp11-07.jpg

We found a letter on one of the corpses. It describes local bandit boss location.

da2lp11-08.jpg

Easy as pie.

da2lp11-09.jpg

da2lp11-10.jpg

da2lp11-11.jpg

A woman offers to kill even more similar groups. Fuck that, the rewards aren't good enough to compensate for the waste of time and healing potions.

da2lp11-12.jpg

da2lp11-13.jpg

da2lp11-14.jpg

The guy we are supposed to meet is just a few steps away.

da2lp11-15.jpg

face-samson.jpg
Heh. Ol' Vincento said someone might come sniffing around.
face-samson.jpg
You're looking for the boy, right? Feyn-something?
face-samson.jpg
I'll tell you now, there's not much I can do for you.
face-hawke11.jpg
You don't cooperate, and the templars will know you're helping rogue mages.
face-samson.jpg
Rogue... is that what you should be called, just for wanting to live like a person, not a beast?
face-samson.jpg
Wish I could do more, but I need coin to live, and your lad Feynriel didn't have any.
face-anders.jpg
I pity any mage who is forces to rely on you for protection.
face-samson.jpg
I pointed him to a ship captain I know. Reiner. Sometimes he'll take on runaways. Took another apostate last week -- girl I sent him.
face-samson.jpg
Might have gone wrong, though. I heard rumors he took the both of them captive instead.
face-hawke11.jpg
If Faynriel's not in one piece when I find him, I'm coming after you next.
face-samson.jpg
Rein it in, friend. Was just trying to do the lad a good turn.
face-samson.jpg
Rumor has it Reiner had the pair of them locked in a quays warehouse. Somewhere close to dockside.
face-samson.jpg
You want to go looking, you might find the lad before he gets ransomed to the templars. Or worse.

The "good" ex-templar is a lyrium junkie who is sending mages to a slaver den. Grimdark. The docks are our next goal.

da2lp11-16.jpg

Raiders.

da2lp11-17.jpg

The entrance is blocked by a large group of raiders. They are here because I've triggered "Secret Rendesvous" quest several updates before. The first voice belongs to a pirate captain. The second - to one of the city officials. It seems that good old viscount is involved in some shady dealings, being afraid of possible Amaranthine domination (the new Warden-Commander's base).

da2lp11-18.jpg

Man 1: I lost two of my men for damned wheat!
Man 2: If it flies Amaranthine colors, you sink her.
Man 1: Careful, lickspittle. My men and I aren't accustomed to taking orders.
Man 2: The viscount's pardon comes with strings. If Amaranthine is left unchecked, they will rule the Waking Sea.
Man 1: Piss on that. What do I care?
Man 2: A dozen war galleys hunting your kind to extinction says you'll care.
guard: Messere, someone's nearby!

This fight is a bitch (two assassins at once) but kiting does the job.
da2lp11-19.jpg

da2lp11-20.jpg

da2lp11-21.jpg

Of course the location is populated by even more filler meat and full of traps.
da2lp11-22.jpg

da2lp11-23.jpg

Enchantment :M
da2lp11-24.jpg

da2lp11-25.jpg

Instead of Feynriel we find a mage girl surrounded by angry slavers.

da2lp11-26.jpg

face-reiner.jpg
Get ahold of her!
face-olivia.jpg
Please! Help me! Anyone...
face-reiner.jpg
Get the hands! I heard they can't do no spells without hands!

da2lp11-27.jpg

da2lp11-28.jpg

And the girl turns into an abomination.

face-abomination.jpg
You know nothing of magic!

We have to fight both pirates and rising corpses.

da2lp11-29.jpg

da2lp11-30.jpg

He's right. Need to check the bodies.
da2lp11-31.jpg

da2lp11-32.jpg

Uh-huh. It appears she was a daughter of that templar we encountered during the daytime.
da2lp11-33.jpg

But our real target, Feynriel, is absent. The key to his disappearance lies in this chest.

da2lp11-34.jpg

da2lp11-35.jpg

The Darktown, then. But treating injuries and buying potions comes first.

da2lp11-36.jpg

da2lp11-37.jpg

da2lp11-38.jpg

Ah, another delivery. More coin never hurts.

da2lp11-39.jpg

da2lp11-40.jpg

It seems that my sister and the midget have mutual interest in each other.
da2lp11-41.jpg

face-bethany.jpg
Your family used to be noble, right?
face-varric.jpg
By some definition of the term.
face-bethany.jpg
Do you ever wonder what your life would have been like, if you were still nobles?
face-varric.jpg
Sunshine, nobility is just an expensive lifestyle. I've already got one of those.
face-bethany.jpg
Nobles have power, too. And responsibilities.
face-varric.jpg
Estates, servants, investments, mercenaries, assassins? We've still got all those things.
face-varric.jpg
It's sunnier here, and nobody calls me my lord. I think I can live with that.

That Danzig guy.

da2lp11-42.jpg

face-danzig.jpg
Why, look here, boys. Volunteers! Clap 'em in irons, and let's see what the Tevinters will pay for them.
face-hawke11.jpg
I'd make a terrible slave. I talk too much.

da2lp11-43.jpg

face-hawke11.jpg
And I do that.

In a single ligthning-fast movement Awesome draws his dagger and puts it to mage's throat.

da2lp11-44.jpg

But... the mage grabs Hawke's wrist and pushes him away.

da2lp11-45.jpg

da2lp11-46.jpg

Fucking disgrace. :rage:

face-danzig.jpg
Nobody threatens me on my ground.
face-danzig.jpg
Shut this buck up!

It boils down to a conventional combat. I wonder if any of you, my dear readers, managed to succeed at that attempt?

da2lp11-47.jpg

da2lp11-48.jpg

face-hawke11.jpg
There's got to be something here that shows where he shipped Feynriel.

da2lp11-49.jpg

face-hawke11.jpg
Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.

Yeah. This time I'll catch him.

da2lp11-50.jpg

Ah, the horny dudes. Tal-Vashoth are the outcasts who abandoned the way of Qun.
da2lp11-51.jpg

But they aren't our goal for now.
da2lp11-52.jpg

We kill everyone who stands in our way.

da2lp11-53.jpg

da2lp11-54.jpg

And the slaver boss is ready to bargain. Too late, I'm too angry to larp a diplomat after all those filler encounters.
da2lp11-55.jpg

face-varian.jpg
Take one more step, and the boy dies.

da2lp11-56.jpg

face-hawke11.jpg
I'll take that chance.
face-varian.jpg
Damnation!
face-varian.jpg
You're no good to me as a corpse. Get down!

No matter how you handle it, bastard fagget survives. We use a narrow passage to get an overwhelming advantage.

da2lp11-57.jpg

da2lp11-58.jpg

It's over.

da2lp11-59.jpg

face-feynriel.jpg
You would have let him kill me!
face-feynriel.jpg
He had a sword at my throat and you just... I mean, thank you, but... What if you were wrong?
face-hawke11.jpg
If I was wrong, you'd be dead... but so would an ugly gang of slavers.
face-feynriel.jpg
Huh...
face-feynriel.jpg
Who are you? Are you working for the templars?
face-hawke11.jpg
Your mother sent me.
face-feynriel.jpg
Hrmph. Hardly a difference.
face-feynriel.jpg
I can't believe her! My whole life, it was all, "I'll love you and protect you." Then I have some bad dreams and it's, "off to the templars!"
face-hawke11.jpg
You belong in the Circle of Magi.
face-feynriel.jpg
Well, I'm not going. I was trying to get to the Dalish. They won't be afraid of my magic.
face-hawke11.jpg
Elf, human... the only thing that matters is the demons.
face-feynriel.jpg
Look, I'm not completely ignorant. I know why they lock mages up. I-I've heard the demons whispering.
face-feynriel.jpg
But the Dalish, they've been working magic well before humans were in these lands.
face-feynriel.jpg
Surely the Keeper can train my magic as well as a bunch of templars.
face-bethany.jpg
If there is another place he can harness his gifts, I cannot blame him for wishing to go there.
face-feynriel.jpg
Do you think they would have me?
face-hawke11.jpg
I know the Keeper. I'll make sure she takes you in.
face-feynriel.jpg
Then... she does not hate humans?
face-feynriel.jpg
Oh, you don't know what a relief that is. I knew she could help me!
face-feynriel.jpg
Thank the Creators you were the one my mother hired to find me. I will forever be in your debt, friend.
face-anders.jpg
So, who's going to tell Mother Dearest? She must be just dying to hear what happened.
Anders friendship +10
Bethany friendship +10

Yeah, now to the reward part.

da2lp11-60.jpg

da2lp11-61.jpg

face-hawke11.jpg
Your son is with the Dalish.
face-arianni.jpg
What? But he is human. They did not even wish me to raise him among them.
face-arianni.jpg
But they do value magic more than the men of Kirkwall. Perhaps he can have both safety and freedom...
face-arianni.jpg
As I said, I have little money, but this is a Dalish ring that has been in my family for generations. Please accept it with my thanks.

But that's all. We need to visit the templar to inform him of his daughter's demise.

da2lp11-62.jpg

So, two apostates walk into the heart of templar-occupied fortress and no one gives a shit. Great world design here :thumbsup:
da2lp11-63.jpg

face-thrask.jpg
We have found neither hide nor hair of the lad Feynriel. I can only think he has fallen victim to demons or slavers.
face-hawke11.jpg
I found this. It was addressed to you. It seems to be from your daughter.
face-thrask.jpg
My daughter! Then... you know what she is. How she died...
face-thrask.jpg
When I traced her to that warehouse... I should have forced her into the Circle. My own weakness in the face of her pleas is what destroyed her.
face-thrask.jpg
It is why I urged Arianni not to give in when Feynriel wished to hide. If only I had been so strong for Olivia.
face-hawke11.jpg
She was an abomination. She deserved to die. And you'd better pay up if you don't want this getting out.
face-thrask.jpg
You monster!
face-thrask.jpg
Fine! Money is what you wish, to avoid dragging my Olivia's name through the mud? You shall have it! Now begone!
Anders rivalry +5
Varric rivalry +5

Pussies. Well, at least some compensation for the hard work.

+50 silver coins for the delivery.

da2lp11-64.jpg

da2lp11-65.jpg

Duh, another quest offering.

da2lp11-66.jpg

face-solivitus.jpg
Ah! Welcome, my dear friend, to Sol's shop. My name is Solivitus. Please, take a look around.
face-solivitus.jpg
My apologies in advance. Our shelves are a bit bare at the moment.
face-solivitus.jpg
Actually, if you're interested, I could use a bit of help to remedy that.
face-hawke11.jpg
Talk.
face-solivitus.jpg
All business. I like you.
face-solivitus.jpg
It's been too dangerous to leave the city of late, and the substances I require for my creations are, of course, elsewhere.
face-solivitus.jpg
Perhaps you could find them. You'll be compensated for your time, have no fear. I'll also give you first pick of my new creations!
face-hawke11.jpg
Make up a list of what you need, and I'll keep an eye out for you.
face-solivitus.jpg
Perfect! A discount on everything in the shop, serah!

I dunno if I'll have time to complete it, though.
We need to rest.

da2lp11-67.jpg

da2lp11-68.jpg

Getting slightly ahead of myself, but the identity of that "friend" surprised me.

End of the update.

RK47

Patron
Sweet. I'll show you an alternate way to solve that particular quest tonight :)

Bioware surprised me on this one.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Huh. Maybe it's just me, but filler trashmob quest design aside, that quest's content seems pretty good. The right tone of realistic "grimdark" with the lyrium junkie. Even had a Shepard moment.

Can you force the kid to go the Templars though? Or slit his throat? What're your options? Or does it lock off your options depending on what lead you follow?

circ

Arcane
Yeah. You can pick or choose from the choices, but all you get is rivalry or friendship. The quests show up just the same and everyone acts pretty much the same. And in the end, in typical BioWare fashion, it doesn't matter, because you can do a 180 role shift with a choice towards the end. BioWare thinks their stupid focus group wants to see both endings with a single savegame or something. More likely though, they're just retarded. It's too bad there's absolutely no difference in how the gameworld reacts with different choices. The only point in replaying is to try out another class, that's probably going away in DA 3 too.

Twinkle

Liturgist
Maybe it's just me, but filler trashmob quest design aside, that quest's content seems pretty good.

I agree. With the exception of some companion quests and stupid "kill them for money/deliver this" stuff actual quest writing is pretty solid overall. Too bad that after endless recycled maps and filler fights with samey opponents all the motivation to complete them disappears no matter how interesting a quest's premise may sound.

PART 9 - NO, JUST NO!

We'll try to raise some coin on the blackpowder deal.

da2lp12-00.jpg

It leads us to the Wounded Coast. Just as expected there is a lot of aggressive wildlife around.

da2lp12-01.jpg

da2lp12-02.jpg

da2lp12-03.jpg

da2lp12-04.jpg

Huh, at least Tal-Vashoth are nice enough to warn me. It won't change their destiny, though.

da2lp12-05.jpg

da2lp12-06.jpg

da2lp12-07.jpg

face-qunarimerc.jpg
No further, human! Tal-Vashoth control these passages.
face-hawke12.jpg
If you're looking for trouble, you've found it!
face-qunarimerc.jpg
I seek no trouble; I meant to warn you. But you are no caravan -- you are tracking.
face-qunarimerc.jpg
The path ahead is littered with my kind. If you are as skilled as you look, it would please me if you killed them.
face-hawke12.jpg
Is this Qunari courage?
face-qunarimerc.jpg
I am not Qunari.
face-hawke12.jpg
Well you're no dwarf.
face-qunarimerc.jpg
Qunari are of the Qun. I am Tal-Vashoth.
face-qunarimerc.jpg
So are the others, but they murder and steal, and I won't. So I warned you. Now I will leave.
face-hawke12.jpg
If they have offended you so much, help me go after them.
face-qunarimerc.jpg
But I am worse.
face-qunarimerc.jpg
They don't want to raise their swords for coin, so they murder and steal. They cling to the honor they held under the Qun.
face-qunarimerc.jpg
My sword means nothing. I will sell it, and myself, as mercenary. Qunari would say I am worse.
face-hawke12.jpg
Sounds like you want a chance to show otherwise.
face-qunarimerc.jpg
These are facts I cannot deny.
face-hawke12.jpg
Seems to me, the last man standing gets final say on who is right or wrong.
face-qunarimerc.jpg
There is... an appeal to that. The leader of these Tal-Vashoth, he is worth killing.
face-qunarimerc.jpg
I... will help you.
face-qunarimerc.jpg
The path to the camp is obvious, human. I will meet you there.

da2lp12-08.jpg

It feels like this Qunari merc was meant to be an another companion, but BioWare has cut him out for whatever reason.

We clear the road to the caverns. Qunari have complete immunity to fire and electricity, but they are vulnerable to ice attacks.
da2lp12-09.jpg

da2lp12-10.jpg

da2lp12-11.jpg

da2lp12-12.jpg

da2lp12-13.jpg

Inside we utilize "block the passage" tactic.

da2lp12-14.jpg

da2lp12-15.jpg

And here's the bossman. The traitor-merc is here, too. He is not particularly strong, but provides a welcome distraction for the enemy forces.
da2lp12-16.jpg

da2lp12-17.jpg

Saarebas are qunari mages. Unlike their pussified human counterparts, they are a force to be reckoned with. Their lightning attacks can severely cripple or even wipe out the entire party.

da2lp12-18.jpg

da2lp12-19.jpg

da2lp12-20.jpg

da2lp12-21.jpg

Hawke found a unique sword, Red Grace, in the cavern. Much better than the obsolete axe he used to wield.
da2lp12-22.jpg

Mission accomplished. It's time to visit the Arishok.

da2lp12-23.jpg

da2lp12-24.jpg

da2lp12-25.jpg

face-hawke12.jpg
Let me pass. I have business with the dwarf Javaris and your Arishok.
face-qunariguard.jpg
The short mouth, yes. Enter, if you must, basra.

da2lp12-26.jpg

face-javaris.jpg
Ah, my right hand arrives! Summon your Arishok -- the bargain is done!

da2lp12-27.jpg

da2lp12-28.jpg

da2lp12-29.jpg

It seems that among the Qunari... it's all about horn size. :M

face-javaris.jpg
About time you showed. I've been here for hours.
face-javaris.jpg
Ahem. Illustrious Arishok. I am here to report that your hated Tal-Vashoth were felled one and all. Right? Yes, yes, yes, they were.

da2lp12-28.jpg

Ha! Your flattery won't impress them, little loser.

face-javaris.jpg
So, I'm ready to open negotiations. For the explosive powder. As we agreed.
face-arishok.jpg
No.
face-javaris.jpg
He's not getting it. Say something.
face-hawke12.jpg
I don't care about your deal. I was hired to hunt outcasts and I want my reward.
face-javaris.jpg
This great undertaking was, uh, undertook at my behest after diligent planning.
face-arishok.jpg
You asked for the gaatlok and were refused. So you invented a task, and then paid to have it done.
face-arishok.jpg
You failed your own goal. You have proved your wealth, not worth, and Qunari still owe you nothing.
face-hawke12.jpg
I did his dirty work. That debt stands.
face-arishok.jpg
Does it, dwarf?
face-javaris.jpg
You said yourself, there was no bargain. I'm not getting a sodding thing out of this.
face-arishok.jpg
This human did what you could not -- something I did not expect of any outsider. And you have involved me.

The big guy is getting angry.

da2lp12-31.jpg

face-arishok.jpg
If you made a bargain for the Tal-Vashoth, that debt for their lives will be honored.
face-javaris.jpg
Sod it all, take your coin. Take whatever.
face-javaris.jpg
Horn-head oxmen and mongrel dog lords. Suck your own powder and blow your head off. Sod it!
face-arishok.jpg
You will leave as well, human. There's no more coin for you here.

Too bad. But this short update is complete.

da2lp12-32.jpg

circ

Arcane
Twinkle said:
Maybe it's just me, but filler trashmob quest design aside, that quest's content seems pretty good.

I agree. With the exception of some companion quests and stupid "kill them for money/deliver this" stuff actual quest writing is pretty solid overall. Too bad that after endless recycled maps and filler fights with samey opponents all the motivation to complete them disappears no matter how interesting a quest's premise may sound.
Going to have to disagreedo.

A sampling of DA 2 quests:

Shepherding Wolves - escort Qunari mage through samey dungeon map #2 to samey coastal map #2. Mage is invulnerable. Beat down three waves of ambushers. Listen to Qunari mage. Watch Qunari mage set himself on fire. Monk suicide can be avoided, but doesn't make a difference.

First Sacrifice - talk to manwhore. Enter samey warehouse #1, kill mobs. Talk a little more. Get reward.

Viscounts son rescue - go to wounded coast. Kill mobs. Kill first counterattack wave. Kill second wave. Kill third wave. Talk to son, say whatever you like, only affects rivalry or friendship.

Magisters son rescue - go to samey coastal map #3. Listen to elf. Do whatever you like. Enter samey dungeon map #3. Kill mobs. Kill mobs. Kill mobs. Kill mobs. Talk to girl. Kill mobs. Kill mobs. Kill or return son. Doesn't matter what you do, affects rivalry or friendship.

Help Aveline #1 - go to samey coastish map #1. Kill mobs. Kill mobs. Kill mobs. Kill mobs. Kill final group of mobs. Go back to guard barracks. Rescue guard (kill mobs). Talk a little. Rivalry or friendship from Aveline.

Rescue magekid from slavers - go to wounded coast. Enter samey cave map #1. Kill mobs. Kill mobs. Kill mobs. Talk to slavers. Talk them to releasing boy and kill them or just kill them. Outcome is the same.

Rescue... aw fuck it. Maybe I'm used to something other than kill waves of the same mobs in the same areas in other games, but I have not seen a single well written quest. All I remember is OH LOOK, SHADES/BANDITS APPEARED OUT OF THIN AIR. SLASH, THRUST, SHIELD BASH. REPEAT. TALK THAT LEADS NOWHERE.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Yeah. You can pick or choose from the choices, but all you get is rivalry or friendship. The quests show up just the same and everyone acts pretty much the same. And in the end, in typical BioWare fashion, it doesn't matter, because you can do a 180 role shift with a choice towards the end. BioWare thinks their stupid focus group wants to see both endings with a single savegame or something. More likely though, they're just retarded. It's too bad there's absolutely no difference in how the gameworld reacts with different choices. The only point in replaying is to try out another class, that's probably going away in DA 3 too."

Actually, this quest leads into a ch2 quest which leads to different outcomes/potential encounters in ch3.

The game has a multitude of quests that depending on how you do them and if you do them at all cna lead into new or close out quests in later chapters.

Good stuff.

The quinari thing is a bit retarded. I mean, cities in medieval times were generally not in the habit of allowing foreign armies to camp within their city unless they were allies and even then they would be hesitant.

In a more... hmm... "realistic" world the quinari would've been told to gtfo as soon as poosible, and would at best have been allowed to camp outside the city.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Yeah.. that was kinda wtf? That's whatw as going through my mind every time the viscount whined about the dangerous qunari being int he city? Why not just kick them the fuck out? The quanari fit in a relatviely small compuind 9comapred to the whole city) and you fear them despite having a shitload of templars, mages (most of which are loyalty to the city if not to the chantry), and not to mention the actual city guard.

Twinkle

Liturgist
PART 10 - A T(Y)RANNY OF CHOICE

I'm going to investigate recruits' disappearance. Another take on what serah RK47 has done already.

da2lp13-00.jpg

da2lp13-01.jpg

The first step: interrogating recruits.

face-hawke13.jpg
Do you know a recruit named Keran? His sister is looking for him.
face-ruvena.jpg
We cannot speak to you, messere.
face-bethany.jpg
Oh, good. We'll just be leaving, then... to go somewhere that isn't the Gallows.
face-hugh.jpg
To the Void with that! Keran and the others are missing.
face-paxley.jpg
But our orders!
face-hugh.jpg
The knights aren't doing anything to find them. Maybe it's time to ask for outside help.
face-hawke13.jpg
Out with it!
face-paxley.jpg
I hear that Knight-Commander Meredith has some new initiation you have to go through.
face-paxley.jpg
If you're not strong enough or fervent enough in belief, you don't make it out alive.
face-bethany.jpg
Her own people? That's horrible!
face-ruvena.jpg
And you honestly believe that?
face-hugh.jpg
Recruits keep going missing.
face-ruvena.jpg
Wilmod came back.
face-hugh.jpg
What?
face-ruvena.jpg
He did. I saw him this morning.
face-hawke13.jpg
If Wilmod came back, he might know more about the other missing recruits.
face-hugh.jpg
I bet he would.
face-ruvena.jpg
Wilmod told me he was going outside Kirkwall. "Clear his head", he said.
face-hugh.jpg
Why didn't you tell us this?
face-ruvena.jpg
Knight-Captain Cullen ordered it. Right before he chased after Wilmod.
face-ruvena.jpg
That wasn't too long ago. If you hurry, you may catch them on the road.

A new location is available on the global map.

da2lp13-02.jpg

da2lp13-03.jpg

Cullen, one of the templars The Grey Warden encountered during the circle tower quest, has become EDGY about mages and demons after all what he's experienced. Can't blame him, really. Now he is going all collar-grabbing extreme on the poor recruit.

da2lp13-04.jpg

face-cullen.jpg
Andraste be my witness, Wilmod. I will have the truth from you. Now!
face-wilmod.jpg
Mercy, ser, mercy!
face-cullen.jpg
Were it that easy.
face-wilmod.jpg
Don't hit me.

Instead he kicks Wilmod in the groin

da2lp13-05.jpg

da2lp13-06.jpg

face-cullen.jpg
I will know where you're going. And I will know now.
face-hawke13.jpg
Why are you doing this to Wilmod? Answer me.
face-bethany.jpg
It's the knight-captain. Don't.
face-cullen.jpg
This is templar business, stranger.
face-wilmodpossessed.jpg
Laughs You have struck me the last time, you pathetic human. To me!

Eh, templars aren't supposed to be susceptible to possession. :M

da2lp13-07.jpg

Moles are popping from the ground. Where is my hammr?

da2lp13-08.jpg

face-cullen.jpg
Maker preserve us.

Thankfully, the shades are mostly focused on the invulnerable knight-cap.

da2lp13-09.jpg

The new enemy: a rage demon. Annoying, fat and can burrow into the ground. Other than that, nothing particularly impressive.
da2lp13-10.jpg

da2lp13-11.jpg

face-cullen.jpg
I knew... I knew he was involved in something sinister.
face-cullen.jpg
But this. Is it even possible?
face-hawke13.jpg
He's dead. Now let's figure out what happened.
face-cullen.jpg
i am Knight-Captain Cullen. I thank you for your assistance.
face-cullen.jpg
I have been conducting an investigation of some of our recruits who have gone missing. Wilmod was the first to return.
face-cullen.jpg
I had hoped to confront him quietly, out of sight.
face-hawke13.jpg
Your other recruits are still at risk. We must find them.
face-cullen.jpg
I fear we're already too late. Wilmod disappeared along with another lad, Keran, a good boy.
face-cullen.jpg
They were last seen together at the Blooming Rose.
face-cullen.jpg
But I had no luck interrogating the, ah, young ladies there. I doubt they know anything of magic or demons.
face-hawke13.jpg
Don't be fooled by a pretty face.
face-cullen.jpg
They fear we would shut them down if they admit to serving our recruits. Perhaps you could talk to them?
face-cullen.jpg
Our recruits may be in grave danger, to their bodies and souls.
face-cullen.jpg
If you learn what manner of creature did this to Wilmod, please come tell me in the Gallows. I will ensure you are rewarded.

Awesome gains a new level. Taunt is a must to keep moles from swarming your mages in a cramped environment.

da2lp13-12.jpg

Small party change.

da2lp13-13.jpg

Next stop: the brothel.

da2lp13-14.jpg

face-isabela.jpg
I keep thinking I know you from somewhere...
face-isabela.jpg
You're Fereldan, right? Ever spend time at the Pearl?
face-anders.jpg
That's it!
face-anders.jpg
You used to like that girl with the griffon tattoos, right? What was her name?
face-isabela.jpg
The Lay Warden?
face-anders.jpg
That's right! I think you were there the night I--
face-isabela.jpg
Oh! Were you the runaway mage who could do that electricity thing? That was nice...
face-hawke13.jpg
Please, stop talking. Now.

Derp. Here it is.

da2lp13-15.jpg

da2lp13-16.jpg

face-hawke13.jpg
Interesting place.
face-isabela.jpg
The difference between a courtesan and a whore is... well, their shoes are nicer.

A successful delivery.

da2lp13-17.jpg

da2lp13-18.jpg

And Hawke accidentally bumps into the madame.

da2lp13-19.jpg

face-lusine.jpg
Fereldan, are you? We are not a charitable organization, serah.
face-lusine.jpg
If you cannot pay, you will have to take your lonely self elsewhere, is that clear?
face-anders.jpg
You're not this desperate, I hope. I treat a lot of these customers in my clinic.
face-lusine.jpg
Two sovereigns for premium service. One sovereign for standard service. Fifty silver and someone may touch you. Briefly.
face-hawke13.jpg
Here's your gold.
face-lusine.jpg
Where did you get this? It's not even forged.
face-lusine.jpg
My best people are in the lounge. Speak to whomever you'd like.
Anders rivalry +5

I picked randomly...

da2lp13-20.jpg

...and got tranny as the result. :yeah:

da2lp13-21.jpg

Note this playful smile on Hawke's face. He's happy and content for the first time. :smug:
da2lp13-22.jpg

da2lp13-23.jpg

face-bethany.jpg
What were you before you were a pirate?
face-isabela.jpg
I had a husband. He didn't beat me, that's about the best I can say about it.
face-bethany.jpg
So you left him?
face-isabela.jpg
He was murdered. By my lover. It was all very... Antivan.
face-bethany.jpg
Oh. I don't think I'd like to live in Antiva.

Elf lovers can probably guess who the said Antivan is. :smug:
Heh, the uncle is here as well.

da2lp13-24.jpg

OK, back to business.

da2lp13-25.jpg

face-viveka.jpg
Do you need something, honey?
face-hawke13.jpg
A couple of templar recruits went missing. They were last seen here.
face-viveka.jpg
You'll have to be specific. We do a lot of business with the templars.
face-hawke13.jpg
We have a lot of missing templars. If we don't act quickly, we may only find corpses.
face-viveka.jpg
Now, now. No need to get all dramatic on me.

da2lp13-26.jpg

face-viveka.jpg
Let me look through the books. Wilmod... Keran...
face-viveka.jpg
Here we go. Wilmod came in here a lot. You sure he had time to be a templar?
face-viveka.jpg
The both of them last saw "Idunna the Exotic Wonder from the East."
face-hawke13.jpg
Is there anything else you can tell me?
face-viveka.jpg
Honey, I can write volumes on the things I know.
face-viveka.jpg
Unless you want Wilmod's favorite position, i think you have what you need.
face-viveka.jpg
You didn't hear any of this from me. We clear?

Let's check her.

da2lp13-27.jpg

face-hawke13.jpg
Idunna, right?
face-hawke13.jpg
Do you remember "entertaining" a templar named Wilmod a few weeks ago? Or Keran?
face-idunna.jpg
Wilmod, Wilmod. That doesn't sound familiar.
face-hawke13.jpg
Stop playing dumb. Answer my question.
face-idunna.jpg
Oh, we like it rough, do we?
face-idunna.jpg
Questions are boring. Why don't we have some real fun?

For some stupid reason you can't just agree and hit it. :(

da2lp13-28.jpg

face-isabela.jpg
Are you certain we can't postpone this, Hawke?
face-idunna.jpg
You should listen to your friend.
face-hawke13.jpg
You've got one more chance to answer me before I make you.
face-idunna.jpg
I'm just trying to make al living. No need to be cross.
face-idunna.jpg
Who told you about little old me?

da2lp13-29.jpg

Duh, she possess some form of hypnotizing magic.

face-hawke13.jpg
It was... Viveka. She showed me... her books.
face-idunna.jpg
That wasn't so hard, was it?
face-idunna.jpg
So Viveka sold me out, did she? That drab, pathetic little sewer rat. She will be dealt with.
face-idunna.jpg
Just do one more thing for me. Draw your blade, and bring it gently across your throat.

da2lp13-30.jpg

da2lp13-31.jpg

It's a life or death situation, but there is only an "I don't give a shit" expression on Awesome's face. Probably because he just recently had the best sexual experience in his life.

face-hawke13.jpg
I... will not... obey... you!
face-idunna.jpg
Wh-What are you doing? Stop that. Stop that now!

Going deeper and harder... with the blade.

da2lp13-32.jpg

da2lp13-33.jpg

face-isabela.jpg
I'm free... That damn bitch! But how...?
face-hawke13.jpg
Blood magic. It must be.
face-isabela.jpg
Let's search her things. I bet she's got more secrets.

Yeah.

da2lp13-34.jpg

face-isabela.jpg
Hmm... aposatate prostitutes? Apos-titutes! Laughs
face-bethany.jpg
It appears these blood mages are hiding in the Undercity.

Hawke needs more brolove to compensate for a failure with a stupid woman.

da2lp13-35.jpg

face-jethann.jpg
Today's my rest day, but I'll make an exception for you.
face-jethann.jpg
What can I say? Why work if you're not working hard?
face-isabela.jpg
Ooh, I like him. He reminds me of someone.
face-hawke13.jpg
I don't want to hire you. I'm here about Ninette.
face-jethann.jpg
One of my favorites.
face-jethann.jpg
I hear she finally left her worthless husband. Good for her. I just wish she'd said goodbye.
face-hawke13.jpg
So you don't actually know anything.
face-jethann.jpg
What made you think I would? Grunts
face-jethann.jpg
Anyway, there was someone else looking for Ninette.
face-jethann.jpg
A templar. I believe his name was Emeric. He wouldn't sleep with me, either.
face-jethann.jpg
I can't see why a templar would be interested in anyone who isn't a mage.
face-hawke13.jpg
Maybe he has something useful to say.
face-jethann.jpg
I told you what I know. Sorry it wasn't what you wanted.
face-jethann.jpg
Emeric said he'd continue his investigation in Darktown. You could see if he's still there.
face-jethann.jpg
And if you find Ninette, tell her to drop by and see me sometime.

face-jethann.jpg
Back again? Sure you're not interested in my many, many services?
face-hawke13.jpg
I have coin in my purse and time to spare. Why not?
face-bethany.jpg
Maker's breath! Can't you... do this when I'm not around?
face-hawke13.jpg
Run along and play, Bethany.
face-bethany.jpg
This is not why we came to Kirkwall!

O'rly? :smug:

da2lp13-36.jpg

Bethany rivalry +5

We'll sell this thing to someone interested.
da2lp13-37.jpg

Back to the regular party composition.
da2lp13-38.jpg

We're going to hit dem blood mages.

da2lp13-39.jpg

da2lp13-41.jpg

Answer: under 9000.

da2lp13-42.jpg

da2lp13-43.jpg

Varric is slowly becoming an instacrit death machine.

da2lp13-44.jpg

More filler.

da2lp13-45.jpg

da2lp13-46.jpg

This mode is completely redundant as is. But Anders needs it get an access to the resurrection spell.

da2lp13-47.jpg

Our goal is here.

da2lp13-48.jpg

da2lp13-49.jpg

da2lp13-50.jpg

face-tarohne.jpg
How wonderful, more vessels for our experiments.
face-hawke13.jpg
Where is Keran?
face-tarohne.jpg
Perhaps the demons will find one of you suitable.
face-anders.jpg
Always the demon thing. Can't you people say "no?"
face-tarohne.jpg
I am not some hopeless waif that ran crying to a demon -- I sought them out and embraced them!
face-hawke13.jpg
Go ahead, try to give me to your demons.
face-tarohne.jpg
Good, good, the demons like spirit.
face-tarohne.jpg
If a few more templars fall to the demons, we can seed chaos in their ranks.
face-tarohne.jpg
How many abominations can they discover amongst their own before it drives the knight-commander crazy?

You deserve to die for your ugly face and shitty make-up alone.

face-hawke13.jpg
You're worse than a monster. Goodbye.
face-tarohne.jpg
Kill the vessels only if you must.

Let the particles fly!

da2lp13-51.jpg

da2lp13-52.jpg

da2lp13-53.jpg

She dropped another part of my armor set. Good.

da2lp13-54.jpg

Someone will pay for this shit.

da2lp13-55.jpg

The young templar is released from his force cage.

da2lp13-56.jpg

da2lp13-57.jpg

face-keran.jpg
Is it... Is it over?
face-hawke13.jpg
Keran?
face-keran.jpg
Yes, that's my name. Oh thank the Maker, I thought He had abandoned me.
face-varric.jpg
But is it only Keran? It could be Keran plus one. A very nasty plus one, at that.
face-keran.jpg
The cage has opened. Thank Andraste.
face-hawke13.jpg
Any chance you can tell if Keran has an extra passenger?
face-anders.jpg
Well, there's one sure way.

Anders performs a bio-scan.

da2lp13-58.jpg

face-keran.jpg
Aaah! What was that about!
face-anders.jpg
If there was a demon in there, it would have defended itself. Looks like he's clear.
face-hawke13.jpg
If there's even the slightest chance you're possessed, the templars need to know.
face-keran.jpg
No, no. I'm me, I swear.
face-keran.jpg
Don't tell the templars. I-I don't know what they'd do to me.
face-keran.jpg
Please. I need to go back, tell them I am right. Tell my sister... I-I must go.
face-anders.jpg
When you talk to Ser Cullen, maybe downplay the blood magic angle. We don't need the templars cracking down even harder.

da2lp13-59.jpg

da2lp13-60.jpg

face-hawke13.jpg
Blood mages have infiltrated your ranks. They've been implanting your recruits with demons.
face-cullen.jpg
Sweet blood of Andraste!
face-macha.jpg
D-Demons? Did you say something about the recruits and demons?
face-keran.jpg
I didn't want to tell you, Macha. They... they were horrible. Those mages see the rest of us as ants to be crushed.
face-keran.jpg
They won't stop until they've destroyed the Chantry and the templars forever.
face-hawke13.jpg
Mages have been systematically abused by the templars for a thousand years.
face-cullen.jpg
How can you sat that after what you've seen?
face-cullen.jpg
Mages cannot be treated like people. They are not like you and me.
face-macha.jpg
Surely that's a little harsh.
face-bethany.jpg
Maybe we shouldn't be arguing with the nice templar. Smile and nod... smile and nod...
face-cullen.jpg
They are weapons. They have the power to light a city on fire in a fit of pique.
face-hawke13.jpg
It does no good driving mahes to blood magic as their only escape.
face-cullen.jpg
Perhaps you are right. Perhaps mages need better education as to why the Chantry functions as it does.
face-cullen.jpg
Perhaps they would not go against the will of Andraste herself. I will look into it.
face-cullen.jpg
For now, Keran, unless it is proven you are free of demons, I must strip you of your commission immediately.
face-macha.jpg
No! You can't really think that! Keran's fine. He's safe.
face-bethany.jpg
He deserves mercy. What happened wasn't his fault.
face-keran.jpg
Please, ser. I tried to resist. I never took anything they offered.
face-keran.jpg
I-I need this position or my sister can't eat. I've been training for five years!
face-hawke13.jpg
We conducted tests on Keran. He's not possessed. He can stay in the Order.
face-cullen.jpg
I hesitate to ask what methods you used that you are so certain.

Yeah, there is a runaway apostate mage right behind my back. :roll:

face-cullen.jpg
Still, you have done much for us by stopping these blood mages. I will heed your request.
face-cullen.jpg
If he has shown no sign of demonic possession in ten years' time, Keran will become eligible for full knighthood.
face-macha.jpg
Thank you, serah. Again. But without a full knighthood, Keran's pay is so small... I do not know if I can reward you as you deserve--
face-cullen.jpg
I will handle that, miss.
face-cullen.jpg
You have done the Order a great service. We will not forget it.
Anders friendship +10
Bethany friendship +5
Varric friendship +5

da2lp13-61.jpg

I'm getting soft here. I'll try to remedy that in the next update. :M

Twinkle

Liturgist
PART 11 - DECIMATION.

Well, two updates ago a certain "friend" asked Hawke to meet him at a remote location in the mountains. Let's do it.

da2lp14-00.jpg

The first encounter with little scalies.

da2lp14-01.jpg

And here he is. Wait, but I've extorted you to keep your daughter's fate in secret. Why are you doing this?

da2lp14-02.jpg

face-thrask.jpg
Master Hawke.
face-thrask.jpg
Arianni tells me you sought a better path that the Circle for her son Feynriel.
face-thrask.jpg
I thought perhaps you would be willing to show mages a kindness once more.
face-hawke14.jpg
You didn't need to call me all the way out here just to pay me for my silence...
face-thrask.jpg
Do not goad me, serah! Believe me, I thought long and hard beofre entrusting you with this, but I did not know where else to go.
face-thrask.jpg
There are a number of apostates hiding in those caverns.
face-anders.jpg
We are not going to kill apostates for you!
face-thrask.jpg
I was hoping you might speak to the group, convince them to surrender peacefully before my fellow templars arrive.
face-hawke14.jpg
I would not like to see this become a massacre.
face-thrask.jpg
Thank you. Your compassion does you credit.
face-thrask.jpg
These mages have shown they attack templars on sight.
face-thrask.jpg
You have a better chance that I to convince them they are better off alive in the Circle that free and dead.
face-thrask.jpg
Ser Karras hunts them as well. If they have not surrendered by the time he arrives, this will be a blood bath.
Varric rivalry +10
Anders friendship +5

Well, yeah, they aren't friendly at all.

da2lp14-03.jpg

da2lp14-04.jpg

face-anders.jpg
They've raised the bloody dead. They must be truly desperate.
face-anders.jpg
Please tell me we're not going to force these poor fools back into the Circle.

This pro-mage bullshit is getting on my nerves. They deserve whatever shit is falling on their retarded heads.

da2lp14-05.jpg

da2lp14-06.jpg

Oh, wait, a mage with an actual brain. A rare sight.

da2lp14-07.jpg

face-alain.jpg
Maker's blessing! I thought I was going to die down in this... this tomb!
face-alain.jpg
Are you with the templars? Please, I need to go back to the Circle. I never wanted to get involved in this.
face-alain.jpg
not when he started making those... those things!
face-hawke14.jpg
Tell me, how many are with you? Where are they?
face-alain.jpg
There are maybe a dozen of us left. Everyone who survived the Starkhaven fire.
face-alain.jpg
They're hiding in the caves. Decimus set wards, protections -- he's the one who raised the dead.
face-alain.jpg
I ran. Decimus is wrong -- blood magic is a work of evil, not just a power the templars keep from us for spite!
face-hawke14.jpg
Give yourself up to the templars, and tell me where the others are.
face-alain.jpg
I surrender! Take me to the templars! I don't want anything to do with this... blood magic.
face-alain.jpg
The rest of them, they're still following Decimus. He's gone mad. I think he'd kill us all just to take the templars down.
face-hawke14.jpg
Ser Thrask waits outside. You will be safe there.
Anders rivalry +5

Yeah, I'll talk to this Decimus. Sure there must be a diplomatic solution...

da2lp14-08.jpg

da2lp14-09.jpg

face-decimus.jpg
They're here! The templars have come to take us back to the Circle!
face-grace.jpg
Decimus, no! Stay your hand. These are no templars.
face-decimus.jpg
What do I care what shield they carry? If they challenge us, the dead themselves will meet the call!

da2lp14-10.jpg

Seriously, fuck you, Bioware. Jeff Bridges lookalike deserved a better role than that.

da2lp14-11.jpg

da2lp14-12.jpg

da2lp14-13.jpg

face-grace.jpg
You killed him! Oh, Decimus, you should have listened to me, love...
face-grace.jpg
You... you are one of us, but you wear no mark of the Circle. How is it you side against your own?
face-anders.jpg
Maybe your lover should have tried "hello." We're friendlier than you think.
face-grace.jpg
Decimus gave us the courage to face the templars. Without him, we would be prisoners still.
face-hawke14.jpg
The minute he resorted to blood magic, he signed his execution warrant.
face-grace.jpg
I warned him. I told him, once he marked himself as a blood mage, that was all anyone would see.
face-grace.jpg
Please... we only want our freedom. Without your help, the templars will execute us all for Decimus's crimes.
face-hawke14.jpg
You followed him. You should all face punishment.
face-grace.jpg
If you try to turn us in, your friends are coming with us.
face-grace.jpg
Do not doubt that the templars will let an extra apostate share our punishment.
face-anders.jpg
Threatening to turn me in really doesn't help your "all mages stick together" image.
face-grace.jpg
Will you buy us time to flee Kirkwall?

The guessing wheel.

da2lp14-14.jpg

face-hawke14.jpg
Consider it done.

:what:

face-grace.jpg
Thank you. It is rare to find someone who counts so many mages among their friends.
Varric rivalry +5
Anders friendship +5

On the positive side this dialog choice affects the outcome a lot. Templars now hate me. Just because.

da2lp14-15.jpg

da2lp14-16.jpg

da2lp14-17.jpg

The bad guy has epic sideburns. I wonder why "Karras" in videogames is almost always a some sort of fervent zealot. He was nothing like that in the book.

da2lp14-18.jpg

face-karras.jpg
You were tracking a dozen apostates, and you bring me one pitiful apprentice and call the job done?
face-thrask.jpg
The boy turned himself in.
face-karras.jpg
Those aren't the ones we need templars to track!
face-karras.jpg
I've had my eye on you, Thrask. Don't think I haven't noticed how soft you are on these robes. Hold him for questioning, men.
face-thrask.jpg
Run, Master Hawke! They will show you no mercy!

Just like I won't show them.

da2lp14-19.jpg

da2lp14-21.jpg

da2lp14-22.jpg

da2lp14-23.jpg

face-thrask.jpg
By the grace of the Maker, they're dead! I wanted this to end peacefully, not--
face-grace.jpg
There can be no peace between the mages and templars of Kirkwall, ser. It has gone too far.
face-hawke14.jpg
Your people should leave. Others will come looking for them soon.
face-grace.jpg
Why are you still here, Ser? Why did you not fight alongside your fellows?
face-thrask.jpg
I... I would not join my name to the likes of Karras. But I cannot support blood magic either.
face-thrask.jpg
Sighs I suppose my side has peen picked. I will tell the other templars you killed ser Karras and I came upon the bodies. I will giva a false trail to follow.
face-grace.jpg
Thank you. And thank you. Please accept this as the only reward I can offer -- I dare not carry a staff with the mark of Strakhaven on it now.
face-grace.jpg
This has been more than I expected. We must away.
face-thrask.jpg
As must we. Come, Alain. I'm sorry you were the only one I could save.

Loot-wise it's the best outcome, because I'm able to grab cool armor from Karras's body. One thing I liked about this quest is the eventual fate of the sympathetic templar. Serves them libertards right. :thumbsup:

Now we'll pay the loli a visit.
da2lp14-24.jpg

da2lp14-25.jpg

face-merrill.jpg
This city is amazing! Do you know, I saw someone get mugged? Right outside! It was fascinating!
face-merrill.jpg
Everything happens here all at once! How does anyone keep it all straight?

/facepalm.

face-hawke14.jpg
Someone is jumped outside your door and that's exciting?
face-merrill.jpg
It must be the alienage greeting. Hasn't happened to me yet, though. They must not like me.
face-merrill.jpg
It's so busy here. So many things just get... lost.
face-hawke14.jpg
Are you feeling lost here, Merrill?
face-merrill.jpg
A bit. But... I'll adjust.
face-merrill.jpg
I'm glad you came by. I needed someone to talk to.

da2lp14-26.jpg

It's not even addressed to me, moran!

da2lp14-27.jpg

End of the update.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
You're...going to run around in a dead Templar's armor? Uh...

'k

They lay the whole Templar-Mage thing on thick, huh? I'd think it'd work better without the companions being way too extreme one way or the other (the elf and mage fag, particularly)

Twinkle

Liturgist
PART 12 - SHEPARDING WOLVES

Guys, sorry for the long absence, but I needed to play something less, emmm, emotionally engaging. :M
I'm going to do the last plot-relevant quest before the Deep Roads expedition.

The beginning is simple. A lonely chantry sister tries to find a mercenary willing to perform an escort mission.

da2lp15-00.jpg

da2lp15-01.jpg

face-thug.jpg
Here, miss. Word is, you're looking for help and paying well.
face-petrice.jpg
I need someone native to the dark places beneath Lowtown. If you claim as much, yes, I will pay.
face-thug.jpg
I am, I am. Let's just step into this alley and me and my fellows can have a look at the money on offer.
face-varric.jpg
Another sad Lowtown tale in the making. As if we needed another.
face-hawke15.jpg
It's action if we want it. Always money in saving fools.

We protect the sister from mischievous thugs.

da2lp15-02.jpg

face-petrice.jpg
Well, thank you for your timely intervention. I am... out of my element.
face-hawke15.jpg
You're lucky you're not dead.
face-petrice.jpg
I had to come here to get the type of person I need. Someone of bloody skill, but also integrity.
face-petrice.jpg
Perhaps the kind who might leap to someone's defense.
face-petrice.jpg
I have a charge who needs passage from the city. If you are willing and capable, meet me at my safehouse nearby.
face-hawke15.jpg
I'm no caravan, woman.
face-petrice.jpg
I would not presume, but you must need coin. You are in Lowtown, after all.
face-petrice.jpg
Varnell?

It turns out there was a templar bodyguard behind the corner all the time.

varnell.jpg

face-bethany.jpg
Why is a templar guarding her? Is this a setup?
face-petrice.jpg
I hope you will come. This matter only grows more urgent with time.

So let's hear her offer.

da2lp15-03.jpg

Now, now, her bodyguard holds his sword unsheathed.
da2lp15-04.jpg

face-hawke15.jpg
Drop it, or lose the hand.
face-petrice.jpg
I thank you for coming. This matter is delicate, and I need someone of... limited notoriety who will not link this to me.
face-petrice.jpg
It is an escort, but I think you will agree, the nature of the party makes this... unique.
face-hawke15.jpg
I'm not doing anything until I know who I'm working for.
face-petrice.jpg
My name is Sister Petrice. I have assumed a burden of charity. This is my charge.

Our charge is actually a chained and collared Qunari mage. And faggots like Anders complain about living in a tower under heavy guard...

da2lp15-05.jpg

face-bethany.jpg
Maker...
face-petrice.jpg
Would even a templar bind a mage like this?
face-petrice.jpg
A survivor of infighting with their Tal-Vashoth outcasts. I call him "Kejotan," a bridge between worlds.
face-petrice.jpg
The viscount, and others, feel that peace begins with appeasement. This mage would likely be returned to his brutal kin.
face-petrice.jpg
He can serve a better purpose. I want him free. He must be guided from the city without alerting his people, or being seen in my care.
face-hawke15.jpg
I've had dealings with the Qunari leader. He'd want to know of this.
face-petrice.jpg
You... have dealt with their leader?
face-petrice.jpg
If you have interacted with Qunari, you know how they treat those who leave their heathen order. The Arishok would doom this poor creature.
face-petrice.jpg
But knowing them is useful. If they challenged you, attacking an ally would only confirm their barbarism. You are still right for the task.
face-hawke15.jpg
I can get him out of Kirkwall. He's a bit conspicuous for the streets, though.
face-bethany.jpg
We must help this poor creature. He has faced worse that what I run from.
face-petrice.jpg
This is obviously not an option. You must avoid incident with the guards -- I cannot be linked to this.
face-petrice.jpg
This mage will be a fine example of how cruel Qunari are, even to their own. But only if this plays out just so.
face-petrice.jpg
The passage here leads to the warrens of the Undercity. It is dangerous, but that is why you were hired. Good luck.
Bethany friendship +5
Anders friendship +10
Varric rivalry +5

Warrens? I smell a shitty level ahead. :M

da2lp15-06.jpg

da2lp15-07.jpg

Monsters aren't particularly noteworthy - just several packs of overgrown spiders.

da2lp15-08.jpg

da2lp15-09.jpg

da2lp15-10.jpg

Another part of my armor set. The breastplate can only be found in the Deep Roads.

da2lp15-11.jpg

da2lp15-12.jpg

Because Gaider disapproves, sister.

From monsters to the human scum.

da2lp15-13.jpg

face-undercitythug1.jpg
Look at this. Undercity's feared by all, but there's no shortage of fools with coin who want to test it.
face-undercitythug1.jpg
What is this thing, collared like a dog lord's bitch?
face-undercitythug1.jpg
You some sort of Qunari lover? Maybe I should get rid of you and see who'll pay the most for your pet.
face-ketojan.jpg
Growls
face-undercitythug2.jpg
Uh, I don't think it likes you threatening its master. Maybe we let this one pass.
face-hawke15.jpg
Try me further, and my charge is the least of your worries.
face-undercitythug1.jpg
Stow it! Your kind live fat up-city, then think you can buy the skill to survive here.
face-undercitythug1.jpg
I'll show you different, pet or no pet.

Suddenly Qunari casts a spell and sends thugs in a knockdown.

da2lp15-14.jpg

face-undercitythug1.jpg
By the Void! Kill it! Kill them all!

He still ain't doing shit in an actual combat.

da2lp15-15.jpg

da2lp15-16.jpg

face-hawke15.jpg
Hold your spells, Ketojan, or I swear, I will gut you!
face-ketojan.jpg
Growls
face-hawke15.jpg
No more outbursts! I don't want to have to to guess what will trigger your "protection!"
face-ketojan.jpg
Growls
face-hawke15.jpg
That had better mean "yes."

We reach the exit.

da2lp15-17.jpg

da2lp15-18.jpg

da2lp15-19.jpg

A big croup of Qunari is camping in the area.

da2lp15-21.jpg

da2lp15-22.jpg

da2lp15-23.jpg

face-arvaarad.jpg
You will hold, basra vashedan. I am Arvaraad, and I claim possession of Saarebas at your heel.
face-arvaarad.jpg
The members of his karataam were killed by Tal-Vashoth, but their disposal leads only here, to Saarebas and you.
face-hawke15.jpg
Careful with your accusations. I didn't kill this mage's karataam.
face-arvaarad.jpg
Tal-Vashoth killed them. That battle was expected. The survival of Saarebas without his Arvaarad was not.
face-arvaarad.jpg
I do not know how you come to hold his leash, but you have no claim in the Qun. He will be returned and this crime cleansed.
face-hawke15.jpg
And if he doesn't want to go back?
face-arvaarad.jpg
Saarebas! Show that your will remains bound to the Qun.

Saarebas kneels before him.

da2lp15-24.jpg

face-ketojan.jpg
Growls
face-arvaarad.jpg
He has only followed you because he wants to be led. He is allowed no other purpose.
face-hawke15.jpg
I've met with your leader. The Arishok would not want a potential ally challenged in this way.
face-arvaarad.jpg
Claiming to know the will of the Arishok with Saarebas in your care is maraas imekari, a child bleating without meaning.
face-arvaarad.jpg
The Arishok knows what is to be done with Saarebas who lose their Arvaarad. There is no greater threat to their control.
face-hawke15.jpg
My job was to get him out of the city. If he wants to go back to you, that's his business.
face-arvaarad.jpg
You show an unusual ability to reason, basra.
face-arvaarad.jpg
Saarebas! Nehraa aqun ebra kata Arvaarad!
face-ketojan.jpg
Growls
face-arvaarad.jpg
You are certain?
face-ketojan.jpg
Growls
face-arvaarad.jpg
Then we will do it here.

Arvaarad fires a bolt of energy from his rod to saarebas.

da2lp15-25.jpg

da2lp15-26.jpg

face-ketojan.jpg
Basvaarad, you led well. I thank youe intent. Panahedan, as you find the Qun.
face-arvaarad.jpg
You should be honored by this action, basra.
face-arvaarad.jpg
It is his last.

Arvaarad pierces the knelt mage with his sword.

da2lp15-27.jpg

da2lp15-28.jpg

face-anders.jpg
Maker! You were to take him back to the Qun!
face-arvaarad.jpg
He lost his lead -- the risk of corruption was certain. But he has owned his death by honoring you. He knows the Qun once more.
face-arvaarad.jpg
As will you.
face-hawke15.jpg
What the blazes is wrong with you? Why attack me now?
face-arvaarad.jpg
An uncollared Saarebas spoke to you. You were already exposed, but there's no way to know what demon may have ridden his words.
face-arvaarad.jpg
Killing you is demanded. But the respect of Saarebas has granted honor. Be grateful.

This stuff makes no sense. Could have used better excuse for a forced encounter.

face-arvaarad.jpg
Not every neck earns the ceremonial cut.
Anders rivalry +10.

NO U BE CUT

da2lp15-29.jpg

da2lp15-30.jpg

face-varric.jpg
Bah! Throwing their lives away for nonsense.
face-hawke15.jpg
Determined from the start. Petrice set a trail.
face-anders.jpg
If this was her doing, I have a few questions for her.

It was a set-up from the very beginning. Time to confront the lying bitch and make her pay for it.

da2lp15-31.jpg

da2lp15-32.jpg

da2lp15-33.jpg

face-petrice.jpg
Leave nothing. It must be clean with no ties. It...
face-petrice.jpg
Well. My helpful associate from the streets.
face-petrice.jpg
You... took the Qunari from the city? Without incident?
face-varric.jpg
I think the "incident" was rather your idea.
face-varnell.jpg
Mind your tongue, dwarf.
face-petrice.jpg
Please. Do speak your mind.
face-hawke15.jpg
This was a damned round-about way of trying to kill me.
face-petrice.jpg
Do you really think yourself so important?
face-petrice.jpg
If someone saw an opportunity in the mage, if the Qunari murdered those who tried to help it, yes, that might be useful.
face-petrice.jpg
But it wouldn't be personal.
face-petrice.jpg
The Chantry must see the Qunari as the monsters they are. If someone ushers that along, some sacrifices are justified.

da2lp15-34.jpg

But no, you can't kill her now. Just because.

face-hawke15.jpg
You risked my life. Perhaps I should return the favor.
face-petrice.jpg
No doubt you would prove a challenge for my guard, but I will not offer the chance today. Violence here serves no purpose.
face-petrice.jpg
I accept the grim necessities of standing in the Maker's name, but I will not waste his gifts.
face-petrice.jpg
You did better than you were asked. I will honor that arrangement. We will have nothing more to do with each other.
face-hawke15.jpg
I won't forget this, Sister.
face-petrice.jpg
Take yor coin. Disappear back into Lowtown.
face-petrice.jpg
Rest assured I will not make the mistake of looking for help outside the faithful again.
face-petrice.jpg
The stakes -- eternity -- are just too high.
Varric rivalry +5

Returning to uncle's home.

da2lp15-35.jpg

da2lp15-36.jpg

You'll get this proposition when you complete all the "plot" quests. The whole money thing is just an illusion for the weak-minded. :M

da2lp15-37.jpg

This Dougal is a really shady type. Most likely he will present some problems in the future.

face-dougal.jpg
Well, well. If it isn't the man of the hour.
face-hawke15.jpg
Do I know you?
face-varric.jpg
I know him. I thought Bartrand told you to clear off, Dougal.
face-dougal.jpg
Calm yourself, Varric. I just wanted to meet your brother's new business partner.
face-hawke15.jpg
And just how do you know about that?
face-dougal.jpg
Let's just say that Bartrand and I have had dealings in the past.
face-varric.jpg
Dougal's one of my dear brother's ex partners.
face-dougal.jpg
Bartrand turned aside my offer of help, even though I had the coin to spare. Thing is, I still think it's a promising venture.
face-dougal.jpg
The fool won't let me invest. But if someone like you invested on my behalf...

Hawke seeks Varric's advice.

face-hawke15.jpg
What do you think?
face-varric.jpg
Hard to say. Dougal's never done me any harm.
face-dougal.jpg
See? There you go.
face-varric.jpg
Still don't trust you. You're as sour a bastard as my brother without the family connection to make it easier to swallow.
face-varric.jpg
Do what you like. I came to you, not to him... but we do need the coin.
face-hawke15.jpg
All right. I'll do it.
face-dougal.jpg
Marvelous! You tell Bartrand that the coin's on the way. I'll have it delivered to him discreetly.
face-dougal.jpg
Good luck on your expedition, my friend. We shall meet again.

Regardless, I've managed to collect the required sum after selling all junk at the Emporium.

da2lp15-38.jpg

====================================================================================================================

Now I'll have to ask you, my dear readers. Should I head straight to the Deep Roads or complete more side missions?

da2lp15-39.jpg

If you want me to complete them, write exactly which ones you'd like to see.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Coming to computers near you soon: Saarebas follower! Only 10 bucks. He growls a lot. Like dog, but better.

I'd say do more side quests if there's an interesting one, but there's no way to tell from the list if any of them are interesting, so I'll leave it to my peers. Would enjoy seeing the plot progress too. So: no vote, sorry.

jamesensor

Novice
:S

:( i was lookin forward to see this but imageshack took your pics out. Can you upload again?

RK47

Patron
Twink, the game won't deduct the 50 gold from your purse if you accept Dougal's offer, so it doesn't matter if you have 0 gold at this point. The game must go on!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom