Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's play Seal of Evil!

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Awww :thumbsup:

Pussycat669 said:
Look, you claim that the things I say are wrong, right? So everything you would have to say is if the answer is true or wrong.

Logical paradoxes, the weapon of a true lady.

Heh. One could wish.

Pussycat669 said:
[Kidding of course. I totally dominate those goons but I need to put the game over screen somewhere]

:roll:

Pussycat669

Liturgist
Not to say that the patrols are actually easy, mind you. A general alone can swipe the floor with the entire party (killing Gai Nie, my main tank at that point, with only five to seven hits) and there are up to 5 of those in the west and east section each. Probably the worst thing about that part was Yan Hong's absence which forces you to fall back on potions, which in return are not healing your guys fast enough to handle the partly ridiculous amount of damage you'll receive. Getting stuck between two patrols is pretty much a death sentence, so some finesse and a lot of hit&run tactics are required and even though the XP amount was fittingly immense, I still wonder if it was worth all the trouble and rage.

Pussycat669

Liturgist
1_JiangTuoReunion.jpg

Not this again.

JiangTuo.jpg
: Lan Wei, Poisontooth-Village lies up ahead. You should know that they are not friendly to strangers...

LanWei.jpg
: Don't worry about it. Liang Hu is with us. Be so kind and mind your own business.

JiangTuo.jpg
: Very well, then I should be on my way! When will we see each other again?

LanWei.jpg
: It was not a pleasure talking to you.

Rummaging over the abandoned battlefield, we find a fine sword just lying around for the taking.

CaiXin.jpg
: Oh, look. It is a longsword.

GaiNie.jpg
: Some fleeing Hun probably lost it.

CaiXin.jpg
: Pray to the gods that they will not ever get into Jiuyuan.

GaiNie.jpg
: As long as Fu Su is in command, the Huns won't be so eager to attack immediately.

CaiXin.jpg
: You're becoming quiet the admirer of him, huh?

GaiNie.jpg
: The prince of Qin is an extraordinary person. It is hard not to admire a brave man such as him. When the Huns were at the gates, he stood right besides Huan Qi, to repel General Yehe Yu. He wasn't even remotely concerned about his own safety, but about the safety of his people.

Brotagonists stick together just that you know.

CaiXin.jpg
: You will not avenge Shuang Er [now Shuang Hu]?

GaiNie.jpg
: It's not because of the people of Qin, that she died. She sacrificed herself for a greater cause and for the people and... to prove something to me.

CaiXin.jpg
: Gai Nie!

GaiNie.jpg
: It took me a long time, but now I understand the reason. She didn't want me to turn my back on the people who need me the most. I will not let her down.

I just try to picture the horror of what the game would be like if all looting would cause such excessive lamenting. Thankfully, there is also some actual excitement to be found on this map, like updated versions of panthers and foxes. One now able to cast a run&dodge-like-hell aura on him and his underlings and another who can put your PCs to sleep.

2_FoxAttack.jpg

Anyway, you can carry on with the blah, blah.

3_GroupMeeting.jpg

YanHong.jpg
: We're finally out of the Central Plains. You know, after spending so much time among these folks, I don't believe them all to be so bad any more.

LanWei.jpg
: Right. Fu Su, General Huan Qi and Cai Xin's brother are good people [or all the other people who supported and died for us but who remembers those].

GaiNie.jpg
: It is foolish to try to categorize people from Baiyue or the Central Plains into good and evil. You should know this by now.

CaiXin.jpg
: So this jackass Yan Hong made me cause a scene for nothing.

YanHong.jpg
: I already told you that I'm sorry, Cai Xin.

CaiXin.jpg
: I know, you big bonehead. I'm just teasing you. I thought you to be a stubborn goat but now I think different. You're not that evil.

YanHong.jpg
: Yes, yes, I'm evil. I lived so long with hatred in my heart...

LanWei.jpg
: You're too hard on yourself, Yan Hong. You are a good man, if you want to be.

YanHong.jpg
: I miss Skyrose Valley. You think that Ah Wa and Ming Xia finally found each other?

LanWei.jpg
: I wish I could grow a pair of wings and fly back to see. Let's hope that we find those stones soon.

GaiNie.jpg
: At least you two have a place to return to. My home doesn't exist any more.

CaiXin.jpg
: Oh gods, you three are so depressing! Lighten up a little, we're almost at Liang Hu's home! Don't force him into a sour mood on such a happy occasion.

Liang Hu is falling behind.

LiangHu.jpg
: My home... I wonder if my parents are still alive...?

Entering a little settlement in the middle of nowhere. The wind blows strong around these parts, tricking tourists into believing that there is anything actually happening in this place.

LiangHu.jpg
: My home town is just past Stormtown.

CaiXinSmug.jpg
: Don't you want to go back?

LiangHu.jpg
: I'm so excited, I can't sleep anymore. We get closer to my village every passing day. I wonder what it will be like after so many years...

YanHong.jpg
: Haha, are you kidding? You always start snorting like a bear, once your furry head touches a pillow.

LiangHu.jpg
: If I could, I would fly back right now. I terribly missed my friends. Do you think that they'll remember me?

LanWei.jpg
: They have to remember you!

This place is as dull as a little backwater village can get. Some Fallout 2 nostalgia notwithstanding.

Pharmacist: While I was looking for herbs, I found a ginseng root that was shaped like a man.

LanWei.jpg
: A human shaped ginseng root? They are used as a lucky charm!

Pharmacist: I was completely fascinated by the ginseng. I didn't watch my step and stumbled over a bamboo stick and fell over the edge of the cliff.

LanWei.jpg
: That is horrible! Did you hurt yourself?

Pharmacist: Lucky for me, my coat was caught by some dead trees that were growing out of the rock face.

LanWei.jpg
: So dead trees saved your life.

Pharmacist: But the branches weren't strong enough, so they broke off and I continued to fall.

LanWei.jpg
: That certainly wasn't very fortunate.

Pharmacist: A villager had amassed a big heap of straw at the bottom of the cliff. It was like a pillow.

LanWei.jpg
: That is wonderful! That should have broken your fall.

Pharmacist: But some little brat had placed dog faeces within the hay.

LanWei.jpg
: You're pulling my leg.

Pharmacist: Thankfully, I didn't land in the faeces.

LanWei.jpg
: That is good.

Pharmacist: I missed both the faeces and the haystack.

LanWei.jpg
: ...You're a very strange man.

Continuing with the stuff that actual matters.

4_HunterHut.jpg

Hunter: We've caught a huge snake in the mountains yesterday but she got away during the night and we don't know where she could hide in the house.

LanWei.jpg
: There is a snake in your home? This can't be good.

Hunter: I'm too afraid to sleep in there. I won't risk my life if there is a possibility that I'm bitten during my sleep. It just ain't worth it.

LanWei.jpg
:
1. That's understandable. Searching is the only option.
→ 2. I'm an experienced snake catcher. Show me your home and I will get rid of her for you.

Hunter: That's great. If you can kill the snake, then I will be able to sleep in my own bed again.

LanWei.jpg
: Don't you worry.

Really nothing to worry about.

5_SnakeHunt.jpg

The snake either hides in a pot or a trunk or neither, in which case you fail the quest automatically.
We make first contact with the animal people soon afterwards

6_TraderFight.jpg

and already not without trouble.

YanHong.jpg
: Do you have any idea about what this animal man and the Baiyun are arguing about?

LanWei.jpg
: Tell me friend, why are you so angry?

Man Citizen: I think that this lady is capable to recognize the worthiness of my wood. What do you think, madam? It is real old Board-Wood!

LanWei.jpg
: Old Board-Wood?

Man Citizen: Fairy-wood and holy grass only grow in the most remote regions of the mountains. It is extremely tough, has a thick structure and emits a shining, golden light. It never breaks and never splinters and it is wonderful material for crafting weapons.

LanWei.jpg
:
1. It's not a precious wood. It can't be worth more than 200 gold pieces.
2. That is some quality wood. It is about 1500 gold pieces of worth.
→ 3. The old Board-Wood is almost priceless. 10.000 gold pieces are therefore a pretty fair deal.

Man Citizen: The lady is very perceptive. The wood is certainly worth that price.

Switching to the animal man.

LanWei.jpg
: Hey, friend. What are you so worked up about?

Animal Citizen: I knew on first glance that this lady is knowledgeable about many things. You will be the judge to decide how much my ore is worth, my lady. This is real red Kungwu-Copper.

LanWei.jpg
: Red Kungwu-Copper?

Animal Citizen: Red Kungwu-Copper is a kind of fire-red copper ore, that can only be found within the Kunwu Mountain. The people say that it is best used for blades and can cut even through jade.

LanWei.jpg
:
1. You can't call this ore precious. It is maybe worth 200 gold pieces at most.
2. This is beautiful ore, it is about 1500 gold pieces worth.
→ 3. This red Kungwu-Copper is invaluable. Even 10.000 gold pieces wouldn't be enough to pay for it.

Animal Citizen: The lady has sharp eyes. The ore is really worth the price.

Man Citizen: This smart woman shall be our judge. Is my old Board-Wood more precious than his piece of rock?

This is solely based on your personal preferences/element focus. Both materials are of extraordinary high quality.

LanWei.jpg
:
1. Red Kungwu-Copper and old Board-Wood are rare materials, therefore both are precious.
2. The old Board-Wood is worth more than 10.000, who could this ore even compare?
→ 3. The red Kungwu-Copper, which is rarely found, is much more precious.

Man Citizen: The citizen stutters dignified “You can't seriously believe that this piece of rock can be compared to the old Board-Wood?”

Animal Citizen: The citizen smiles delighted, “This girl appreciates good quality. If you're interested, I'm willing to sell the red Kungwu-Copper for 10.000 gold pieces.”

Lan Wei tries some flip-flop haggling.

LanWei.jpg
:
1. The red Kungwu-Copper is good, but I don't have any interest for it.
2. Very well, 10.000 gold pieces it is.
→ 3. Although it is valuable, I don't think, that it will be worth 10.000.

Animal Citizen: Just as well, 5.000 gold pieces, take it or leave it.

LanWei.jpg
:
→ 1. Fine, I'll take it.
2. Fine, forget it.

More free market ahead.

7_BeggarPlea.jpg

Beggar: A Beggar is standing at the door. Whenever he sees someone enter, he starts begging: “Good people, please help me.”

LanWei.jpg
:
1. It is best to not get involved in the business of others.
→ 2. <Examine the man.>

Beggar: The beggar looks like a skeleton wrapped in yellow skin. His coat is perforated like a strainer and there are even more holes in his straw sandals. He's the poorest of the poor. But there is a piece of beautiful jade resting in his hands.

LanWei.jpg
:
1. This jade in your hands is nice. I would like to have it. Would you sell it to me?
→ 2. What can I do for you?

The jade is a fine piece of water based material and will cost you 10k gold if you really want it. This will end this quest prematurely in success. Again a matter of preferences and funding.

Beggar: This jade is very valuable. It was passed through my family for generations. I'm in a desperate situation and need 3.000 gold pieces but when I try to sell it to the trader, he says that he could only spare 300. Could you maybe soften him up?

LanWei.jpg
:
1. Move along, beggar, there is nothing that I can do for you.
→ 2. These traders will try to rip you off at every opportunity. They don't care for your problems. Why do you need the money?

Beggar: My son is very ill. I need at least 3.000 gold pieces for medicine. Our family savings have been used up and the sickness is getting worse. I don't have any other choice but to sell the jade.

LanWei.jpg
:
1. Let me help you. Here are 3.000 gold pieces. They are yours.
→ 2. If that is so, then I'll help you.

Beggar: I know that the jade isn't worth much but I don't have any alternative, than to ask for your help.

LanWei.jpg
: It's ok, I understand.

Trader3.jpg
: The wholesaler says with a smile: “Welcome. Can I assist you?”

LanWei.jpg
:
1. I want to buy something.
2. There is nothing that I want.
→ 3. I heard that Sky Jade is quiet extraordinary. Do you have any?

Trader3.jpg
: The jade that comes from the Thunder-God Mountain? It is very expensive and hard to find.

LanWei.jpg
: Is that so? What a shame. I travelled a long way and don't care about the price. But it seems that even one hundred thousand gold pieces won't be enough to get this excellent jade.

Trader3.jpg
: One hundred... thousand gold pieces?

LanWei.jpg
: Quiet right. Money is nothing compared to the beauty of the jade.

Trader3.jpg
: Hold on, please. I have a piece of the jade, that my ancestors left me. If you're interested, I will get it for you tomorrow.

LanWei.jpg
: Really? If you can show it to me today, I'll give you 20.000. That would be 120.000 total. What do you say?

Trader3.jpg
: Yes, yes! I will prepare it this very moment. Can you please come back after lunch?

LanWei.jpg
: Good, it's a deal. I'll be back.

Back outside...

LanWei.jpg
: The trader should buy your jade now.

Beggar: Really? Thank you so much, I owe you the life of my son.

LanWei.jpg
:
1. Listen, I'm not a saint. Just get the money and find a healer for your son.
→ 2. By the way, where did you find the jade?

Beggar: My grandfather dug it out when he was young and lived on Thunder-God Mountain. It was passed over to my father and from him to me. It absorbs sun- as well as moonlight and presents the seven ghostly colours when looked at in the right ankle. Incomparable to imperial jade.

LanWei.jpg
: Ah, I see. Thanks. You better go to that trader.

Liang Hu's home town lies just up ahead. Until then.

Skill Corner

Lan Wei
UniversalPest.png
: Universal Pest (Offensive)
Requires: Senior level of Poisonous Wave
Additional Effects: +1% chance to poison opponents for every 10 points of wood
Notes: Not as good as burning but you take what you can get

Cai Xin
NothingLikeItAppears.png
: Nothing like it appears (Defensive)
Requires: Senior level of Swiftness of the Shadows
Additional Effects: +3 stun resistance for every 5 points of earth
Notes: Since you'll want to keep Cai Xin on the move at all cost, this sounds like a logical addition. If only I had invested some earth for her

Crooked Bee

Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
:love:

It sure feels like our heroes are experienced in everything, from diplomacy to melodrama to snake-catching -- in a true RPG fashion.

Pussycat669

Liturgist
1_Homecoming1.jpg

LiangHu.jpg
: I'm finally back.

LanWei.jpg
: Whoa! This is your house? It really is different than every other we've seen before.

Lan Wei is referring to the tree houses in a distance, adding elf to the already established lion/orc mix.

LiangHu.jpg
: The trees have grown so high! But still it seems like yesterday when me and my friends were playing here.

The new arrival starts to draw in a crowd.

Wu Tong: Strangers? Who are you? And... haven't I seen you before?

LiangHu.jpg
: I'm Liang Hu. I left a long time ago.

Wu Tong: Liang Hu? Impossible. Liang Hu has been dead for years.

LiangHu.jpg
: Take a second look, friend. I'm still alive and well.

Wu Tong: Do my eyes deceive me?

LiangHu.jpg
: It is no magic trick, what you see.

Wu Tong: By the sting of the devil – it's really you, Liang Hu! I can't believe it.

Old Animal Man: Who is that ruffian? He looks familiar. Like the boy that died...

Animal Man: It is Liang Hu. He came back.

Fat Woman: Oh my, he looks so strong!

TieLang.jpg
: You... you... you are not dead?

Wu Tong: You want my advice? Go and meet your parents. They never gave up on you, Liang Hu. They were always convinced that you're still alive.

Ok, let's do that.

2_Homecoming2.jpg

Liang Hu's Mother: My beloved husband, Liang Hu appeared in my dreams again!

Liang Hu's Father: As you say, my dear. And what did he tell you this time?

Liang Hu's Mother: Nothing. He never says anything, you know that. This time he was standing in front of an open hearth to warm up his hands...

Wu Tong saves the old man from what appears to be one of many dull instances of self delusion.

Wu Tong: Uncle! Great news!

Liang Hu's Father: Dammit, Wu Tong, stop to sneak up on an old man. And you have that silly smile on your face again. What's wrong with you?

Wu Tong: It is... It is Liang Hu!

Liang Hu's Mother: How is he?

Wu Tong: He's alive! He's alive and he's back... - he's on his way here right now!

And right here he is.

LiangHu.jpg
: Mother! Father! I've returned!

Liang Hu's Mother: Can it be true?

LiangHu.jpg
: Mother, it is really me!

Liang Hu's Mother: I always knew that you would come back to me!

LiangHu.jpg
: Yes, mother, I'm back, I'm back...

Narrator: Liang Hu and his family fall into each others arms in tears, happy to be finally reunited...

Liang Hu's Father: Woman, don't cry. This is a sacred moment. Son, tell me where you've been all these years. What did you do? What did you experience?

Liang Hu's Mother: Oh, yes. Tell us everything.

Narrator: Liang Hu starts to tell about his life in the foreign lands. Much later...

Wu Tong: Our chieftain Wu Jing has already been away for days. We're starting to get worried.

LiangHu.jpg
: Chieftain Wu Jing? He is the leader of the village... - and not Tie Lang? What happened?

Liang Hu's Father: Tie Lang is a great warrior indeed, but he is far too proud to be a leader. He doesn't think carefully or thoroughly enough. He acts too rash.

Wu Tong: Very true. Unfortunately his fate has made him bitter and wicked. He seems to resist every decision that Wu Jing makes. Well, I must go now. Farewell! Farewell Liang Hu, and... welcome home. It is good seeing you again.

Narrator: The next day...

Liang Hu's pa sets us on the right track.

Liang Hu's Father: About the Imperial Stones... I've though about it. You should go to the wizard Shining Fountain and ask him.

Since we've entered wild man's country, Liang Hu takes point in conversations from now on. More heart-warming reunion joy awaits.

3_TieLangChat.jpg

TieLang.jpg
: “Liang Hu...I...” Tie Lang's words ebb away as if he wanted to say more, but he apparently changes his mind. “I welcome you back... we should have another contest and look if the years have treated you well!”

LiangHu.jpg
: Sorry, but not interested.

TieLang.jpg
: What's wrong? Scared?

LiangHu.jpg
: Scared? Not really. I just don't want to participate in a senseless fight.

Things can't stay jolly for long however.

4_GrannyChat.jpg

AnimalWoman1.jpg
: The woman is moaning grief-stricken: “Alas...”

LiangHu.jpg
: Granny, why are you crying? Please tell me so I can help you.

AnimalWoman1.jpg
: The old woman cries: “My son Little Restless went to the peak on the other side of the mountain to hunt. He is missing for two days now. I asked hunter Uncle Biao to go look for him. He returned yesterday to tell me that my son must have been killed by wild animals. He's gone forever!”

LiangHu.jpg
: Granny, don't despair, maybe Uncle Biao just couldn't find him!

AnimalWoman1.jpg
: The old woman continues to moan, “My son never spent one single night alone on the mountain and now it has already been two days! Something terrible must have happened.”

LiangHu.jpg
:
1. Granny, the gods often work in mysterious ways, that we can seldom understand. Push back your grief and take heart.
→ 2. I'll go to the mountains and search for your son.

There is a new enemy type roaming the rocky mountainside, the storm bats. Not that dangerous but they can throw some voltage at your PCs which slows them down significantly, so running away isn't really an option.

5_ImpFight.jpg

We fight our way to the mountain top and to the entrance of a cave.

6_MonsterCave1.jpg

It looks like our heroes arrive too late. All they find is a metal claw and some bones. We leave the cave only to realize that all the bats have respawned, so we do all the killing again until we're back to the animal village.

AnimalWoman1.jpg
: The old woman mutters through her tears, “I'm afraid that Little Restless's fate is more of a catastrophe than a blessing.”

LiangHu.jpg
: Granny, please look at this weapon. Does it belong to Little Restless?

AnimalWoman1.jpg
: The old woman holds the steel claw in her trembling hands, “Yes, that is the weapon of my son. Where did you find it?”

LiangHu.jpg
: I found it at the peak on the other side of the mountain.

AnimalWoman1.jpg
: The old woman asks concerned: “Then... you... have found my son?”

LiangHu.jpg
:
1. <Thinks> Maybe it would be better to keep the old woman away from bad news.
→ 2. <Thinks> I have to tell the news to the old woman nonchalantly.

LiangHu.jpg
: I'm sorry, granny, but these are probably the remains of your son.

AnimalWoman1.jpg
: The old woman screams: “No! My son...”

LiangHu.jpg
: Granny, please! Don't cry.

AnimalWoman1.jpg
: The woman suddenly sobs. “Wait! These are not the bones of my son. My son broke his arm when he was very little and there are no signs of such. My son must be alive!”

LiangHu.jpg
:
1. I searched up and down the entire mountain, I don't think, that someone can survive there this long on his own. I'm sorry.
→ 2. If there is any chance then we won't give up. We will return to the mountain and try again.

So, backtracking again, killing all the bats, again, until we face the terrible cave creature that we must have missed first time around.

7_Monster.jpg

It retreats to its cave after a few good blows. We chase after it to make a discovery.

8_MonsterCave2.jpg

LiangHu.jpg
: Wait! Are you Little Restless?

Young Animal Man: Yes, I'm Little Restless. Did my mother asked you to look for me?

LiangHu.jpg
: Yes, your mother strongly believed that you're still alive. Even when everyone else gave up on you. She asked us to rescue you.

Young Animal Man: Mother!

LiangHu.jpg
: Don't start crying now. We'll get you home after we've dealt with this wild beast.

Young Animal Man: No! Please don't kill him, he saved my life.

LiangHu.jpg
: What? How?

Young Animal Man: I didn't look where I was going and fell over a cliff. This beast carried me to the cave and even treated my wounds with herbs. He took care of me as if I was like his own. If it weren't for him, I would be dead. Please don't hurt him.

LiangHu.jpg
:
→ 1. Very well. Such a kind-hearted beast shall have its freedom. Now we should go back.
2. An animal is an animal. It is impossible that it rescued you out of the good of its heart. I have to kill it.

Sucker option again. I'm growing soft. Interesting thing here is if you talked to Uncle Biao before you talked to the mother, he will basically give you the same quest, only that this time the boy is really dead from the start, freeing you from the moral dilemma and allows you to take the (high quality) beast's skin without qualms (you'll only have to fight through the bats for a fourth time in that case).

There is another quest about a missing child but it's only a bit of running back and forth between two houses to provide you with some easy XP. Time to talk to the old wise man of the village.

9_Temple.jpg

ShiningFountain.jpg
: Liang Hu, I'm glad to see you again!

LiangHu.jpg
: Wizard Shining Fountain, I've returned with some friends. Do you think that we are worthy to borrow the Imperial Stone?

ShiningFountain.jpg
: You know that I can't make such a decision. It is the holy stone of our tribe. You must ask the chieftain, to get into the secret chamber, where it is stored.

LanWei.jpg
: But the chieftain isn't here at the moment. We don't have time to waste!

ShiningFountain.jpg
: I'm sorry, but I can't change that. You'll have to wait for the chieftain. Could you do something for me in the meantime?

LiangHu.jpg
: You want us to help? What is it about?

ShiningFountain.jpg
: It started three years ago. During that time, the wizard Wu Zhen found an old scroll. This scroll revealed a powerful, ancient magic, with which you can see into the future. After he had studied the scroll and its mysteries, he made me the new master wizard and left the tribe.

LanWei.jpg
: <Thinks> Seeing into the future? If such magic truly exists, I want to know what the future holds for me and Yan Hong and if my father can really be brought back to life.

ShiningFountain.jpg
: In these days, I feel a great disturbance, a sinister premonition. I'm trying to use this magic and find out what will happen the next few days. But to complete the spell, I'll need the horn of the fire demon that lives in the Glowflame-Cave.

LanWei.jpg
: A fire demon?

ShiningFountain.jpg
: It is an old, holy animal, whose body is engulfed by flames. It is deadly. A long time ago, the fire demon committed horrible acts, which killed many. The strongest warrior and the most powerful wizard of the tribe fought the beast for three days and three nights. At the end of the struggle, they sealed it in the Glowflame-Cave with a special summoning spell. But it cost them their lives. The horn that was retrieved during the fight was used by Wu Zhen three years ago.

LanWei.jpg
: So a fight with the fire demon is dangerous?

ShiningFountain.jpg
: Ah! I just got the feeling by looking at you that this... catastrophe is somehow part of your fate.

LanWeiShock.jpg
: What? Part of my fate? If it is so, we must go to the Glowflame-Cave.

Another mountain hike is in order and yet another enemy type, the storm bat++, which can attack several PCs at once with greater force.

10_MoreImps.jpg

Reaching the fire dungeon.

11_FireCaveEntr.jpg

Entering the fire dungeon.

12_FireCaveInter.jpg

GaiNie.jpg
: The stench of brimstone is overwhelming.

CaiXin.jpg
: This cave is bizarre as well as beautiful.

LiangHu.jpg
: There is a creature here which explodes when it dies. It can also explode if it comes into reach. Whatever you do, keep your distance. They're deadly!

YanHong.jpg
: What strange creatures. I would like to study them further.

LanWei.jpg
: You can try, if they don't kill you first.

Indeed, although Liang Hu is incorrect about them exploding when you kill them but that doesn't make them less dangerous at all.

13_SuicideBombers.jpg

Note that the party was at full health before the explosion occurred and that those beasts usually come in packs of up to five members. There are about two ways to deal with the little devils. Either switch to ranged combat and try to get them before they get you, or lose patience turn on River of Life and let Liang Hu take the hits for you.

Either way will get you to the second level where we're up against the crab people.

14_ShadowCrabs.jpg

They go into cloak mode for a short period of time which forces you to attack them 'per hand' so to speak. Third level is the same deal bare the suicide bombers, so we reach the fourth and final stage fairly quickly.

15_AtTheBottom.jpg

LanWei.jpg
: We're almost at the end. Any signs of the fire demon?

YanHong.jpg
: Liang Hu, the master wizard of your people didn't lie to us, did he?

LiangHu.jpg
: No, the fire demon is all too real, believe me.

16_Demon1.jpg

YanHong.jpg
: What's happening?

17_Demon2.jpg

18_Demon3.jpg

19_Demon4.jpg

Incoming!

20_Demon5.jpg

YanHong.jpg
: Lan Wei!

GaiNie.jpg
: Be careful everyone!

One big boss battle later...

YanHong.jpg
: Lan Wei, are you alright?

LanWei.jpg
: The fire demon almost killed me.

YanHong.jpg
: How can you be so calm?

LanWei.jpg
: I'm still breathing, aren't I? That's enough for me.

LiangHu.jpg
: It is lucky that he didn't pull you into the lava.

CaiXin.jpg
: I was almost scared to death when he jumped at me out of the fire. I've never seen such a terrible demon before.

GaiNie.jpg
: It's fortunate for this world that the demon is now bound to this cave.

LanWei.jpg
: Right. Puh, let us continue this conversation somewhere else, ok? I'm not feeling so well in this place. Let's grab the horn and get out of here.

Another tedious journey through all the previous levels of fire pits and mountains (+respawned enemies, of course) later...

LiangHu.jpg
: We have returned. Here is the horn of the fire demon.

ShiningFountain.jpg
: Incredible! I would have never thought that you would be back this quickly. Was the fire demon a difficult opponent?

LanWei.jpg
: Yes, but we're not too badly hurt. Can you now foretell what will happen?

The shaman does some voodoo in front of the altar.

ShiningFountain.jpg
: Oh mighty gods, accept my offering of this horn. I beg you, open my third eye and let me see with the clarity of a crystal!

ShiningFountain.jpg
: Anulovat bezvaznamne nastavit na nulu.

LanWei.jpg
: What is he saying?

LiangHu.jpg
: The master wizard is talking in the tongue of the spirits.

ShiningFountain.jpg
: Neplatni nicotnu nulove praodn znivit zrukenn.

LanWei.jpg
: You don't say.

The wizard suddenly seems to be scared of something.

ShiningFountain.jpg
: Who is there?

LanWei.jpg
: Master...

LiangHu.jpg
: What did you see?

ShiningFountain.jpg
: Dark spirits were flooding out of a black pit, screaming. An explosion was following them. I saw a blurry image of a face and heard terrifying laughter. Fear overtook me and then everything went black.

LanWei.jpg
: Dark spirits? Terrifying laughter?

YanHong.jpg
: No one can look into the future. Is this supposed to be a joke?

ShiningFountain.jpg
: This is not a joke, child.

YanHong.jpg
: What the hell... is going on here?

Narrator: A scream is coming from outside the house.

Animal Man: Nonsense! Our chieftain would never do something like that! We must rescue him!

Everybody: Let's go!

LiangHu.jpg

ShiningFountain.jpg
: Liang Hu, can you look into this?

21_CivilUnrest.jpg

LanWei.jpg
: What's the matter? What are you talking about?

Animal Man 1: They claim that our chieftain has poisoned their village.

LanWei.jpg
: Is this true?

Envoy: Everything was fine until an animal man called Wu Jing appeared in our village. Shortly after, everybody was starting to feel sick. Obviously he must have poisoned us!

Animal Man 2: That's impossible! He would never do such a thing!

LanWei.jpg
: What proof do you have that he poisoned you?

Envoy: A proof? What for? He's an animal! We need a cure. If we don't get it then the chieftain of the animal people will not go home in one piece.

LanWei.jpg
: Something doesn't seem right at all. I will go to your village with you and help you to find a cure but you'll have to let Wu Jing go, if he's innocent. Agreed?

Envoy: Why should we trust you?

LanWei.jpg
: You don't have to. But you hardly have any other choice. No one in your village can get a cure because they're all sick. Even more – the animal people will get Wu Jing back, one way or the other. Do you honestly think that you can defeat them?

Envoy: Hmm. You speak the truth, we don't have a choice in this matter. We will return to Woodleaf Village and pray that you'll get us a cure in time. But if it turns out that it really was Wu Jing then he'll pay for it...

So this is how matters are now. Next time we'll do some CSI and rescue an ugly damsel in distress from a dark tower, real rpg style.

Skill Corner

Lan Wei
ThornSwamp.png
: Swamp of Thorns (Offensive)
Requires: Senior level of Snapping Thorns, 60 points of water and active Wood Talisman
Additional Effects: Duration of the slow effect is increased
Notes: Didn't get it but slow effect has been rather useful for the larger battles so if you think you can spare the 55 points, this seems like a real benefit

MeteorShower.png
: Fierce Meteor Shower (Offensive)
Requires: Senior level of Fire of the Sky, 30 points of fire+earth
Additional Effects: The spell attacks enemies up to four times (instead of the usual three)
Notes: More carnage, more fun, that's what I like to say

EndlessSkyFire.png
: Endless Skyfire (Offensive)
Requires: Senior level of Fire of the Sky, 60 points of earth
Additional Effects: Spell can't be interrupted
Notes: Since Lan Wei can't move while this spell is active hence making her extremely vulnerable, this is a useful effect to have

SwarmOInsects.png
: Insect Swarm (Offensive)
Effect: Instant ranged attack against a single target, increases attack skill by 250%
Additional Effect: Party deals +10% damage against the hapless victim for a period of time, requires active Wood Talisman
Notes: Nifty and especially effective against single bosses for the extra damage (although some seem resistant to it)
Upgrade: +35% attack skill per skill upgrade, +8% for every five points of wood

Inferno.png
: Inferno (Offensive)
Effect: Ranged attack, increases attack skill by 200%
Additional Effect: Range is increased with active Fire Talisman
Notes: In a way the upgraded version of the Fire Dragon but a lot slower so you'll probably miss a lot if you try to attack moving targets
Upgrade: +30% attack skill per skill upgrade, +6% for every five points of fire

Liang Hu
EarthArmour.png
: Armour of the Earth (Defensive)
Requires: Senior level of Strength of the Earth
Additional Effects: Increases defence +2 for every five points of earth
Notes: More protection can't hurt, considering that Liang Hu also can't move while the aura is active

SetAblaze.png
: Set the Place Ablaze (Offensive)
Effect: Melee attack, increases attack skill by 200%
Notes: Strong but incredibly slow and easily interrupted. Best used against opponents that are running towards Liang Hu
Upgrade: +30% attack skill per skill upgrade, +3% for every five points of iron

Yan Hong
SummonFireDevil.png
: Summon Fire Demon (Defensive)
Effect: Summons a large creature, max number of summons:1, the creature's level always equals your own
Notes: :twisted:
Upgrade: Attack speed and dodge skill of the creature may increase with fire

Cai Xin
TerrifyingThunder.png
: Frightening Thunderbolt (Offensive)
Effect: Dash attack that cuts through enemies, increases attack skill by 60%
Notes: Very similar to Liang Hu's dash attack. Allows her to make some wacky zigzag moves through enemy lines
Upgrade: +15% attack skill per skill upgrade, +2% for every five points of iron

Gai Nie
FDTP.png
: Flying Dragon, Dancing Phoenix (Offensive)
Effect: Area based ranged attack, +10% on attack skill
Notes: Gai Nie creates a wall of mirror images of himself which mercilessly cut through everything in front, very effective against targets that are moving away from him
Upgrade: +10% attack skill per skill upgrade, +1% for every five points of iron

Crooked Bee

Patron
Update appears, yay!

Liang Hu and his family fall into each others arms in tears, happy to be finally reunited...

Awwww. :cry:

My son Little Restless went to the peak on the other side of the mountain to hunt. He is missing for two days now.

*Sigh*

These are not the bones of my son. My son broke his arm when he was very little and there are no signs of such. My son must be alive!

*Double sigh*
But C&C spotted.
:thumbsup:

What? Part of my fate? If it is so, we must go to the Glowflame-Cave.

:salute:

Looking forward to the damsel in distress part!

Pussycat669

Liturgist
Welcome to backwater country.

1_VillageEntr.jpg

Witnessing some of the local customs, it's probably a good thing that more than 95% of the populace is either dead or bed-ridden, except for an old man and a trader that are standing around.

2_Elder.jpg

Man6.jpg
: Wang San told me that you might be able to figure out who is responsible for the poisoning. You have to find the criminal. Now!

LanWei.jpg
: Why does the village elder believe that Wu Jing is responsible?

Man6.jpg
: We've been plagued by water shortage during the last few years. The village has a well that is usually protected day and night. But it was raining when the poisoning started and everyone was at the temple to thank the heavens for their gift at the time. Then people started to die. Someone remembered that he had seen Wu Jing fleeing from the well. If it wasn't him then who else?

LanWei.jpg
: Did everybody had to participate in the harvest ceremony?

Man6.jpg
: Hmm, no, there are three people that are not from this village. They are not obliged to such duties, however they were present during that night.

LanWei.jpg
: Could you give me a few informations about those people?

Man6.jpg
: They have lived here for a long time. There is Lu Sheng, an alchemist. Another is called Lu Ning, also an alchemist. The last one would be Qi Zhen, an herbalist.

LanWei.jpg
:
1. Tell me about Lu Sheng.
2. What about Lu Ning, the alchemist?
3. Tell me something about Qi Zhen.
4. Understood. I'll get back to you if I need anything.

[Lu Sheng]
Man6.jpg
: Lu Sheng is an alchemist who doesn't do much during the day and is just strolling around. No one knows what he's good for. But it couldn't have been him, for he was poisoned as well.

[Lu Ning]
Man6.jpg
: Normally Lu Ning stays in his house, locked in and talking to himself. He's working on his longevity pills.

[Qi Zhen]
Man6.jpg
: He was at the ceremony. It can't be him. One of the people got sick and he mentioned that he had pills that could cure anyone who was poisoned. As soon as the man took the pills he felt better. Qi Zhen made quiet a gain out of it too.

Since Qi Zhen's house is the only one available to us right now, we start our investigation there.

3_QiZhen.jpg

The fat man is soundly asleep and not in the best conditions for an interrogation.

Qi Zhen: Ha...Ha...radish... money... radish..” He reaches for his purse with one hand, rolls his eyes and again falls asleep.

Speaking of radish, there is that suspicious looking pile right next to the bed.

Radish: A pile of radish.

LanWei.jpg
: What is this green thing?

Radish: Next to the radish lies a green pill.

LanWei.jpg
: <Pick it up to examine it>

LanWei.jpg
: I want to ask the storekeeper if he could do me a favour and tell me what this pill is made of.

We are introduced to Storekeeper Han. He'll be like our trusty knows-it-all forensic pathologist for our time of stay.

OldMan.jpg
: Storekeeper Han takes the pill, sniffs at it, tastes it. Then he pushes the powder out, gives it an examining look and suddenly bursts out laughing.

LanWei.jpg
: What are you laughing about? Is it poisonous or not?

OldMan.jpg
: Rubbing the tears out of his eyes, he says: “You've got these pills from Qi Zhen, am I right?”

YanHongMad.jpg
: Don't work around the issue... - is the pill poisonous?

OldMan.jpg
: Poisonous? Ha! Hardly. How could this stuff be poisonous? All it can do is to calm hunger.

LanWeiShock.jpg
: What do you mean?

OldMan.jpg
: It is a mixture of radish, honey, flour and some other medical ingredients, to strengthen the mind and to nurture. Take them when you're hungry; they will not only ease your hunger, it will also reduce the acid in your stomach. Although the people who were poisoned aren't cured, it will make them feel better.

LiangHu.jpg
: So those who were poisoned won't be cured at all.

OldMan.jpg
: That's Qi Zhen. Ha. He's always been a swindler. He doesn't have any true skills.

LanWei.jpg
: We better look somewhere else. Maybe we can find some clues.

Now for some serious crime scene investigations:

Well: A well.

LanWei.jpg
: <Examine it carefully>

Well: It's a normal old well, that supplies the entire town with water. Since the incident however, the villagers prefer to go to the mountains to get fresh supplies.

CaiXin.jpg
: Look there Lan Wei, it seems like something is swimming on the surface.

LanWei.jpg
: It's a dead ant.

LanWei.jpg
: <Carefully examine the surrounding area>

CaiXin.jpg
: Lan Wei! There is an ant hill over here!

Well: The hill is covered with the bodies of dead ants. A strange, grey powder is scattered on the ground, which almost disappears amongst the mud.

LanWei.jpg
: I don't like the look of this powder. We should take it with us and show it to the herbalist.

Second time's the charm.

LanWei.jpg
: Storekeeper Han, could you tell us anything about this powder?

OldMan.jpg
: Storekeeper Han takes the powder, sniffs at it and tastes it afterwards. Then he places it on a small tablet and studies it for a long time.

YanHong.jpg
: What is this powder for?

OldMan.jpg
: Storekeeper Hun smiles a little about Yan Hong's impatience. “Well, I can't make out the individual components in such a short time, but one I'm certain, is arsenic!”

LanWeiShock.jpg
: Arsenic?

OldMan.jpg
: Yes, I'm sure, it is arsenic. I already predicted that the poison that wrecked the people must be arsenic. The components are complicated and can't be created during one or two days. It appears that it must have been a carefully planned plot. No one in the village would be capable of such a thing – but who else then?

LanWei.jpg
: Looks like we should talk to the strangers in town.

OldMan.jpg
: No problem, I, old Han, wouldn't leave anything in the open. Take all the time that you need.

LanWei.jpg
:
1. I want to know more about Lu Sheng.
2. I'm interested in Lu Ning.
3. Tell me about Qi Zhen, the fake medicine man.
4. Thanks, Storekeeper Han. I will go now.

[Lu Sheng]
OldMan.jpg
: Lu Sheng is always quick-tempered and choleric towards others. He and Lu Ning had an argument several days ago. Now if they meet on the streets, they hold their noses high and avoid each other. Oh, and he bought two pots of honey a few days ago. For supper. Or at least so he claims.

[Lu Ning]
OldMan.jpg
: I think that there is something odd about Lu Ning, since he needs a lot of arsenic to enchant his longevity pills. The stench around his house is horrible. When I passed his home a few days back, I noticed that he was looking for something in great concern and he was dismissive when I asked why. He is really suspicious.

[Qi Zhen]
OldMan.jpg
: This man is a total drunkard. He drank himself to sleep the night before the incident. Now he makes a lot of money to sell his wonder pills. The stuff is similar to the pills that you've shown me.

The other two houses are finally unlocked. We start with Lu Ning's place.

4_LuNing.jpg

Oven for the production of pills: You open the oven for the production of pills and find grey powder within it.

LanWei.jpg
: Well look at that... this powder is almost identical to the one that we found in the well.

Not jumping to conclusions, we also pay a visit to Lu Sheng's house which is almost suspiciously unsuspecting.

Kitchen Oven: A common kitchen oven.

LanWei.jpg
: <Study the oven carefully>

Kitchen Oven: The oven contains some leafs and sticks beneath the ashes, that were obviously not burned. There is also a powdery substance that looks like arsenic.

Second point of interest:

Water Bucket: A wooden water bucket.

LanWei.jpg
: Something is stuck on the outside of the bucket.

Water Bucket: A leaf is sticking at the bucket.

LanWei.jpg
: Strange. Why is the tree leaf stuck there? Wait... it sticks because of honey. The exterior of the bucket has been besmeared with it...

With that we are ready to present our final conclusion.

Man6.jpg
: It's been a while since your investigations began. Have you found the criminal?

LanWei.jpg
:
1. I have a suspect but the evidence is not sufficient.
→ 2. I found clues. I think I know who did it.

Man6.jpg
: Who do you think is responsible?

Obviously, it's Lu Sheng who's guilty. He soaked leafs in honey, bestowed them with the arsenic and stuck them to the bucket. That way he was able to place the poison, simply by pretending to get fresh water. A devilishly cunning plan but no match for Lan Wei's peerless wit and intellect.

LanWei.jpg
: I found arsenic in the house of Lu Ning. Judging by all the other clues found with the poisoned townsfolk, it is the same substance. Lu Ning is the criminal!

...Or you could say just that. To Lu Ning then.

Man6.jpg
: I don't understand, Lu Ning. Didn't we always get along well? Why did you poison us?

Lu Ning: It wasn't me, elder.

Man6.jpg
: Then how do you explain the poisonous powder?

Lu Ning: That is a long story...

Another villager bumps into the conversation.

Villager: Oh, this is terrible! Elder, Lu Sheng stole the Dragon Horn. He's hiding within the Tower of the Beast.

Man6.jpg
: What? Wasn't he poisoned as well? We must hurry! He may not escape with the artefact!

Lu Ning: It appears that he only pretended as if he was poisoned. Everyone should hurry to the Tower of the Beast. It is time to solve this mystery.

What could be more exciting than an Mexican stand-off between alchemists.

6_Truth2.jpg

Lu Ning: Lu Sheng, you must cease your wrongdoings!

LuSheng.jpg
: Wrongdoing? You think that I'm reckless? People claim that I was reckless since I was a child. This couldn't be farther away from the truth! You all knew that my magic was strong. So why are you still looking down on me? Because you were high-born and I'm not!

Lu Ning: Brother, don't say something like that...

LuSheng.jpg
: Don't call me “brother”, if you want to give up on everything that we've worked on. Do you believe that I would waste ten years in this village of degenerates for nothing? I will find the catalyst for the essence of immortality with or without your help, my “brother”.

Lu Ning: Silence! I will not allow you to harm the good people of Woodleaf Village after they've been so kind to us. Yes, they have the catalyst, but you won't take it away from them!

LuSheng.jpg
: You sentimental fool! The king of Qin promises wealth and power as reward for the essence. When I sit at his side, you will regret this day!

LanWei.jpg
: Power and respect don't always go hand in hand. Especially when you're a tyrant.

LuSheng.jpg
: The recipe that I stole from Lu Ning is worthless without the catalyst. Go out of my way, girl, or I will destroy the Dragon Horn. If it should not belong to me then it shouldn't belong to anyone!

Man6.jpg
: Lu Sheng, hand over the artefact!

Lu Ning: Li Sheng, I can't believe that your heart grew so cold. Would you really destroy such an invaluable artefact? If you do it then you won't escape your punishment! I put a spell over the village that makes it impossible for you to flee. Hand over the artefact. I beg you!

LuSheng.jpg
: The Dragon Horn belongs to me. You're right, I don't want to destroy it. But I won't let you stop me. Wu Jing is dying because of my poison – if you want him to survive, you will have to let me go.

7_Truth3.jpg

LuSheng.jpg
: You fools will never catch me! Hahaha... Not with these creatures at my side!

The alchemist/hobby necromancer teleports away.

LanWei.jpg
: Lu Ning, escort the elder back to the village. We will rescue Wu Jing and the Dragon Horn!

Zombies are fairly sturdy and hard hitters but, unlike common beliefs, their rotten flesh is also quiet nutritious. Excellent material for healing ingredients. Those Baiyun must be blessed with a strong stomach.

The rest of the map is occupied with the usual storm bats and features some nice scenery.

8_Panorama.jpg

Anyway, there is still a chieftain waiting for a rescue.

9_TowerEntr.jpg

10_TowerFirstFloor.jpg

First level is rather painful since the bats here throw water based spells at us which almost get Cai Xin killed. To avoid another scene of such traumatic qualities, Cai Xin and Gai Nie switch places before we get to level two.

11_TowerSecFloor.jpg

Two bat mini-bosses and another batch of normal bats make us work for our money until we finally get to the mastermind himself and his prisoner.

12_TowerThrFloor.jpg

LuSheng.jpg
: Oh, splendid, you were quick!

LanWeiMad.jpg
: Enough of this crap! Heal Wu Jing this instant and hand us the Dragon Horn!

LuSheng.jpg
: Well, it depends whether you can convince me!

LanWeiMad.jpg
: You will learn about my power of persuasion if you don't heal him right now!

So yeah, that ends ugly. Lu Sheng can make huge rocks fall on our heroes, never mind the catastrophic structural damage such act would usually cause. Some hooray for video game magic there.

LanWeiMad.jpg
: Silence, you worm! Heal Wu Jing and give me the Dragon Horn!

LuSheng.jpg
: Hmpf! If you only want my life, then you won't get a cure!

YanHongMad.jpg
: We're wasting our time. Finish him off!

Lu Ning: No! I beg you, don't kill him!

LanWei.jpg
: Why do you want to spare his life after all that he did?

Lu Ning: He is misguided but not evil. After his parents died during the war, he never was set on the right path. If it hadn't been for our teacher, he would have died years ago.

LanWei.jpg
: But still...

Lu Ning: Please! I'm begging you. Be merciful! I'm convinced that he can still become a good man.

LuSheng.jpg
: Enough! You were always so disgustingly self righteous, Lu Ning. You believe that I need your pitiful compassion? Your mercy? Pah!

Lu Ning: Lu Sheng...

LuSheng.jpg
: Mark my words, Lu Ning; from this moment on we're arch-enemies. I will not rest before I have spilled your blood.

Lu Ning: I hope that you will one day recognize the error of your decision, brother. Give me the artefact and get out of my sight.

I wonder if those two have any references in Chinese history/folklore but since my quick google search came up empty, I guess this will have to remain a mystery.

WuJing.jpg
: “Thank you for rescuing me.” Wu Jing examines Liang Hu curiously. “You are...?”

LiangHu.jpg
: My name is Liang Hu.

WuJing.jpg
: Liang...Liang Hu? You are not dead?

LiangHu.jpg
: No..

WuJing.jpg
: “Great! Liang Hu! I'm so glad that you came!” He pads Liang Hu on his shoulder. “I've been away for many days and must hurry back. You have to come to Beastmoot and visit me. We have a lot of catching up to do.”

LiangHu.jpg
: Very well. You go, I'll follow.

Or we won't. It would be a shame to miss all those respawned bats anyway. Back at the village we find out that the village elder too has been enlightened.

Man6.jpg
: Really? I never thought that the upright Lu Sheng could be this vicious. The human heart is unpredictable!

LanWei.jpg
: Here is the Dragon Horn. I hope that you can now live more peacefuly with your neighbours from now on.

Man6.jpg
: We have misjudged the animal people. We thought because of their terrible exterior, it would be hard to get along with them. But judging someone from his appearance is superficial. We now know what counts for it is what you have in your heart.

I have to end this now. The post traumatic stress disorder I got from Grandia 2 is acting up again. Stay tuned for chapter 7 where we find the last two Imperial Stones and epic stuff starts to happen.

Skill Corner

Liang Hu
MonkeySpirit.png
: Unleash the Monkey Spirit (Defensive)
Effect: Increases damage by 20, +25% attack speed, +10% moving speed. Liang Hu constantly loses health while this aura is active
Notes: Very effective, especially if you have Yan Hong in the group for assistance healing. Rather risky to use against bosses and stronger critters
Upgrade: +10 damage per skill upgrade, +1 for every five points of water

Gai Nie
HardRock.png
: Hard Rock [alt. Invincible. The game can't decide] (Defensive)
Effect: Reduces damage by 30%, Gai Nie can't move while this skill is active
Notes: Very simialar to Liang Hu's earth aura with the same problems. This skill however comes with the advantage that it can be combined with other auras
Upgrade: +10% damage reduction per skill upgrade, +5% stun resistance for every five points of earth

Pussycat669

Liturgist
Beastmoot is a somewhat more civilized area, featuring the first blacksmith since quiet a while and even glimpses of advanced architecture.

1_TownSquare.jpg

There are also the expected drunkards and bumps of course.

2_WineQuest.jpg

Listening Bear: Bah! This whiskey tastes like rinse water!

LiangHu.jpg
: Greetings, brother. Maybe this spiritual drink can satisfy your desires?

Listening Bear: I bought this from the market and I will be damned if it didn't suddenly turn into rinse water once I've opened the bottle.

LiangHu.jpg
:
1. He's just another drunkard. Let's forget about him. Come, we move on.
2. <Thinks> We still have the booze from Redclay Village. We could give that to him.
→ 3. <Thinks> I've got some Apefruit Wine that the cook Yao made. I will give him a taste of that.

LiangHu.jpg
: I've got some delicious wine from Baiyue. You want to try a sip?

Listening Bear: Well, this stuff is pretty good.

There is also a lot to catch up on lore among other things.

AnimalMan1.jpg
: I know many interesting stories. Do you want to hear one?

LanWei.jpg
:
→ 1. Of course – tell us something!
2. Well... although we would like to listen, we've still got some important things to do. But if we can we'll come back and listen to your stories.

AnimalMan1.jpg
: Let's see... today I want to tell the story of the battle between the Yellow Emperor and Chi You! A long, long time ago Chi You was in an argument with the Yellow Emperor. Although they fought for many years, no one could defeat the other. Then Chi You's own servants turned against him and assisted the Yellow Emperor. Suddenly the Yellow Emperor had the advantage.

LanWei.jpg
: Really? What happened then?

AnimalMan1.jpg
: Chi You lost the war. But two of his most loyal followers, Xing Tian and Mei, didn't want to accept this failure and continued the fight until the Yellow Emperor would be defeated as well.

LanWei.jpg
: And what came next?

AnimalMan1.jpg
: Xing Tian and Mei were killed many years later. The Yellow Emperor died and our ancestors came here to protect his last resting place!

LanWei.jpg
: You're a great story teller.

More loar.

Old Man: Many years ago, a giant two headed monster came from the mountains of the north. This creature had amazing strength and could chew through rocks like it was tofu. It ate earth and stones, was horrible stupid and attacked everything and everyone on first sight.

LanWei.jpg
: How horrible!

Old Man: For reasons which no one knows, the Yellow Emperor called upon miraculous entities from heaven, who gave the beast four eyes. They say, that the Tomb of the Emperor is guarded by giant four eyed monsters. I don't think that this is a coincidence.

Old Man: According to a tale from an old scroll there was a species of intelligent creatures, who walked like men and were gifted with great wisdom. They had scales which covered their slim bodies and their weapons were strangely curved knifes, which blades showed inward and which shafts were longer than the creatures themselves.

LiangHu.jpg
: Maybe this is a true story.

Old Man: At the beginning the creatures followed the law codex of the Yellow Emperor. But after he died, no one ever saw them again. Maybe they remain forever with the Yellow Emperor and protect his mausoleum, even in death.

LiangHu.jpg
: Could this be true?

Who cares as long as there are still houses to plunder and a love drama ready to be kicked into overdrive?

3_LoveDrama.jpg

WeiShen.jpg
: The man in front of you has a withered, yellowish face, pale and drawn. It is Wei Shen [suddenly Wei Kun], who brings his wife to every healer that he can find. It is almost as if the breath of life within him has lost all motion. His eyes burn from a fire of defiance and the will to live but it lies deep within a pit of grief and melancholy. The woman that lies in the bed is pale and only faintly breathing. She is apparently unconscious but she mutters on occasions, “Shen, my brother Shen...” The man listens and shakes uncontrollably when [rest is cut]

LanWeiShock.jpg
: Wei Shen! How are you feeling! Lady Tian Mei [suddenly Mei Er] , she... how is she?

WeiShen.jpg
: “Oh, it is you!” He barely recognizes you. His stare is hollow. “Tian Mei... I don't think that she'll make it. I'm a such a failure, I'm not capable to rescue her!”

LanWeiShock.jpg
: Stop right there! Get a hold of yourself! We must fight for Tian Mei's life!

WeiShen.jpg
: Wei Shen's gaze slowly starts to sharpen up. He releases a weak sigh and a faint smile rushes over his face when he recognizes you. “The medicine you found for us helped Tian Mei for a short while. But it wasn't for long and the illness got worse again. Her body is getting weaker and weaker and now she can't even walk on her own anymore. She wakes up from time to time but almost immediately falls unconscious again. We arrived here several days ago and asked for [rest is cut]

LanWei.jpg
: It's going to be all right; The healer will certainly help her. You can calm down.

WeiShen.jpg
: He mutters something incoherently and sighs, “You're mistaken. No matter who friendly I ask him or how much I threaten him – this healer, Lei Shi, refuses to help. Tian Mei is lying here since three days and nights but he is deaf to my pleas!

LanWeiMad.jpg
: This is horrible! How can he treat his patients like that? Wait here, I'll “ask” him for you.

I feel pity for the fellow.

ThunderLion.jpg
: This man must be really old. His beard and eyebrows are completely white. His body is supported by a wooden cane. Despite the vivid shimmering in his eyes, he walks with a stoop and appears very fragile. Whenever he thinks, he let's his head fall onto his chest.

LiangHu.jpg
: You... you are Lei Shi?

ThunderLion.jpg
: The old animal man raises his head and notices Liang Hu. “Who are you? I don't recognize you.”

LiangHu.jpg
: Lei Shi, you must remember me... I'm Liang Hu. I once pulled all the hair from your beard while you were asleep. Have you forgotten?

ThunderLion.jpg
: “Liang Hu, really? Bah!” The old man knocks on Liang Hu's chest and examines him from head to toe. “You don't look dead. This is good, one should think. So you've come back to pull more pranks on me like when you were little? Hmm? Ha! You and Tie Lang never left the tribe one calm moment, that much I can remember.”

LiangHu.jpg
: No, master. Liang Hu has grown up. And you... your beard has turned completely white in the meantime.

ThunderLion.jpg
: And? I'm old, yes, and soon this beard will fall off even without your help! Who is the girl? A friend? A lover?

Better not go there.

LiangHu.jpg
: She's a friend. Her father saved my life.

ThunderLion.jpg
: “Oh, really? Then I thank your family, young lady...” The old man shifts his gaze towards you and looks as if he doesn't like what he sees. “Why the grim stare, young lady? Have I said something wrong?”

LanWeiMad.jpg
: No, you haven't insulted me. But... are you really a healer? Why did you refuse to help saving a life?

ThunderLion.jpg
: The old animal man grimaces and turns toward Tian Mei on the bed. “You mean her?” His hardened eyes return to face yours. “I've been a healer for a good part of my life, who aided the wounded and saved the dying. But I'm making an exception.”

LanWeiShock.jpg
: An exception...? But, as a healer, you should help everyone!

ThunderLion.jpg
: His upper lip rises for a snarl. “She's a Qin!”

Here we go again.

LanWeiShock.jpg
: You... but that's cruel! How can you hate her so much that you would let her die?

ThunderLion.jpg
: “Those are the most malicious and most shameless creatures that ever walked the earth. Cursed by the gods and ready to do anything to get what they want.” The cane in the hands of the old man is shaken by his anger. “It is because of them that my Lan Er left me. Fifteen years ago. It was then that I swore that I would never again heal another Qin as long as I'm breathing!”

LiangHu.jpg
: Master, you're still brooding over Lan Er?

ThunderLion.jpg
: “Fifteen years!” The cane is lifting in his hands, he's trembling in his rage. Then his face suddenly becomes sad and he looks to the ground. “And even if one thousand years pass by, I'll never forget.”

LanWei.jpg
: What on earth happened? Wait... Tian Mei is waking up.

TianMei.jpg
: Ah... Wei Shen...Wei Shen... are you there?

WeiShen.jpg
: Tian Mei, you're awake. I'm here, everything is fine.

TianMei.jpg
: I'm glad that you're at my side. Tell me, do I have to die?

WeiShen.jpg
: No, you don't. Stay calm, Tian Mei. Uncle Lei has promised to heal you.

ThunderLion.jpg
: Really? When did I say that?

WeiShen.jpg
: You... You...

TianMei.jpg
: Please don't be mad, Wei Shen. Even if I can't be cured, don't make anyone else responsible for it.

WeiShen.jpg
: Don't say such a thing. Of course you'll be cured. Don't think too much about it.

TianMei.jpg
: The last three years were the happiest of my life. You know why? Because you're with me. If I should die, then I've got nothing to regret.

WeiShen.jpg
: I'm so useless! Why can't I heal you?

TianMei.jpg
: Don't cry. If I'm going to die then I would have one last wish, I hope you can grant me one.

WeiShen.jpg
: Of course! Name it! I would give my life to do what you ask of me!

TianMei.jpg
: You're so kind. (Coughs) I love you so much. I want to spent every waking moment with you, so I will try to stay awake. I'm afraid that I'll never see you again when I fall asleep – no matter if it is in this world or the following one.

WeiShen.jpg
: Yes, I know.

TianMei.jpg
: Now I'm lying here, at the gateway of death and still have the same question that is burning in my heart, as it did three years ago. Can you give me an answer, Wei Shen? Do you love me?

WeiShen.jpg
: Tian Mei, you're an aristocrat and I'm a nobody. I'm a poor man, a commoner! I'm not worthy of your love. I don't deserve somebody as good as you!

TianMei.jpg
: You know my opinion, right? My time is running out. Can't you give me a clear answer at least for this one time? The question isn't hard. Do you love me?

WeiShen.jpg
: Yes! I love you with every fibre of my being! But what good is this now? I can't do anything for you! You're dying!

TianMei.jpg
: You made me the happiest person on earth. Promise me that you'll look after yourself. Always be careful... (Coughs)...

WeiShen.jpg
: Don't leave me! Don't leave me...!

ThunderLion.jpg
: Stop with the screaming already. Your woman doesn't have to die!

WeiShen.jpg
: What are you saying?

LiangHu.jpg
: You mean, uncle, that you'll cure Tian Mei?

The old man turns towards the family shrine.

ThunderLion.jpg
: Lan Er, today I shall break the oath that I vowed in front of your tablet fifteen years ago. Those two children need me. Even you can see that, can't you?

LanWei.jpg
: Liang Hu, what is he talking about?

The audio is missing here, so Liang Hu's lines are skipped in a heartbeat. It took me some retries to make a screeenshot of it.

LiangHu.jpg
: Lan Er was Uncle Lei's wife. Fifteen years ago, a group of bandits took her hostage. They demanded of him that he should save the life of their leader in return for the one of his wife. Instead of bringing shame to his name, by aiding the bandits, he committed suicide, by jumping into a nearby river.

This doesn't make much sense, seeing that Lei is still alive and breathing. My take is that he actually healed the bandit leader, who broke his promise and drowned his wife in a nearby lake.

LanWei.jpg
: So that's the reason why he didn't help anyone from the Central Plains for fifteen years.

ThunderLion.jpg
: The salvation of your woman is a fairly simple thing, my son, although the price will be high. I must use your heart as a catalyst for my magic. You will die, but she'll live. What do you say?

WeiShen.jpg
: I would do anything to save Tian Mei!

TianMei.jpg
: No... (Coughs), don't do this! If you... (Coughs) die... then my live will be without a meaning!

ThunderLion.jpg
: Ha! Good answer! If only I would have had the same chance to rescue Lan Er by sacrificing myself! Young lady, don't worry. I was only testing his love to you. This is indeed a worthy opportunity to break my oath.

LanWei.jpg
: So Wei Shen doesn't have to...

ThunderLion.jpg
: No, he doesn't have to die. I'm not that cold blooded. I'm a healer, not a murderer.

LanWei.jpg
: You're a good man, Uncle Lei.

ThunderLion.jpg
: Very much so but now: away with you. I have work to do.

We get kicked out of the hut. No one is stopping us from re-entering though.

WeiShen.jpg
: His eyes are bloodshot due to the lack of sleep. But an unbearable excitement seems to lighten his face. “Tian Mei is feeling better. Uncle Lei's skill with leeches is the best there is. Look how she's sleeping. It has been a long time since she slept so calmly. I owe you much, thanks!”

LanWeiSmug.jpg
: I'm glad. It looks like Lady Tian Mei shows some good signs of recovery. You look tired, please get yourself some rest now.

WeiShen.jpg
: I'm fine! It would break Tian Mei's heart if she couldn't find me when she wakes up.” Wei Shen smiles while he's looking down on the sleeping woman. “I don't feel tired at all, if I see her resting so peacefully.”

LanWei.jpg
: Yes, stay with her. I will leave now... goodbye!

But still not all is well.

LanWei.jpg
: Looks like Tian Mei is feeling a lot better. Thanks, Lei Shi.

ThunderLion.jpg
: Lei Shi shakes his head, he seems concerned, “It is not as simple as you might wish it to be. Her disease is strange, and hard for me to diagnose. I gave her my only Xuan-Yang-Pill. You need 81 days to make one and it is very potent medicine. But it can only suppress the illness, not cure it.

LanWeiShock.jpg
: Can nothing be done?

ThunderLion.jpg
: I've heard of a skilful healer who works very efficiently with leeches, when I was in the town Chengdu. If you'll be able to find him, I can't say. I did all that I could.

LanWei.jpg
: I hope that the heaven will help her!

Sounds like the two love birds still have some work to do and so do we when we discover a nearby cave.

4_Trial1.jpg

The guards say that only participants of some sort of holy trial may enter. We ask the local wise man what this is all about.

Old Man: Only the ones that pass the trials of the cave can assume the responsibility of defending the tribe. Even outsiders must face these trials.

LiangHu.jpg
: Trials of the cave?

Old Man: A strong body is not the only thing required to pass the trials. A perceptive mind and the ability to make decisions are also important. Only those who pass the trials may be allowed to lead the tribe.

LiangHu.jpg
: And if you fail?

Old Man: The weak are removed. For those who fail, death won't be the worse punishment.

LiangHu.jpg
:
1. That's the problem with Beastmoot. You have to do all sorts of things just to belong.
→ 2. Good, old master, I will take those trials upon me.

Old Man: You? Only animal man warriors can pass the test. Besides, it's dangerous in there and you certainly don't want to get yourself killed!

LiangHu.jpg
: I'm an animal man warrior. I would fight at your side, so how could I be afraid of danger?

Old Man: Nice words. I hope your confidence will serve you well during the trials. Here is a tablet that will get you inside the cave. Give it to the guards, then you may proceed.

LiangHu.jpg
: I'll go there this instance.

Said and done.

Guard: This is the entrance to the cave. No one may enter without a proper allowance.

LiangHu.jpg
: I've come to face the trials. Here is the token that gives me the right to do so.

Guard: Move on. Your friends will wait here until you return.

LanWei.jpg
: Good luck, Liang Hu!

CaiXin.jpg
: Watch out! We'll be waiting for you.

LiangHu.jpg
: Don't worry. I will not fail.

5_Trial2.jpg

Uh oh, a solo mission. Thankfully there are only a few crab people running around and Liang Hu is more than capable to face them.

Old Man: Young man, the trials are no child's play. It is a test about life and death.

LiangHu.jpg
: Great warrior, please believe me. I'm sure of myself.

Old Man: The cave doesn't only test your skills in the mystical arts and combat, it also measures the strength of your mind and your knowledge about the five elements.

LiangHu.jpg
: All right then. I will do everything in my power to complete all the tasks.

Old Man: Other than fighting Shadow Crabs, you will also be confronted by the guardians of the five elements.

LiangHu.jpg
: Thank you for your advice.

One of the guardians is close by.

6_Trial3.jpg

LiangHu.jpg
: I came to solve the trials of the cave. I hope that I can prove myself to be a true animal man warrior.

Guardian: Very well. Our trials were created on the foundation that the five elements suppress each other under certain circumstances. The place that I protect is the north side of the cave.

LiangHu.jpg
:
→ 1. I understand. Now I know what trial I must undertake.
2. I was hoping that you could give me an advice. Which trials do I have to take?
3. Can I chose your trial now?

This is not a very complicated affair. Each guardian protects an item that you need which represents one specific element. If you accept the trial of one guardian, you'll just have to find another whose element is repressed by the element of the one who original gave you his trial. Each guardian uses skills and auras similar to Liang Hu's which fit their element and they're fairly tough in general but manageable.

Old Man: You decided to leave? Have you solved all the trials?

LiangHu.jpg
:
1. Some of them are incomplete. I need time to think about it.
2. The trials are too hard for me. I give up.
→ 3. I was successful with all five trials and have received five rewards.

Old Man: Well done, young hero, continue onwards. You will be confronted with the most difficult test of all. Be on your guard. Don't make a mistake.

LiangHu.jpg
: I thank you for your help.

7_Trial4.jpg

Despite the big intro bravado, this trial is just another test about the elements, only in-reverse and without any combat or even a chance to fail at all. Each element is represented by a coloured flame on the altar. Depending on which flame is currently weak, you just drop the item that will enchant the element corresponding to the flame and voilà.

LiangHu.jpg
: Yes! I did it!

A nice distraction from the usual hack&slash but we don't get any reward for the effort which is rather disappointing. Catching up for the time wasted, we go to the chieftain’s office.

8_ThroneRoom.jpg

WuJing.jpg
: Wu Jing gives Liang Hu a warm-hearted hug. “Liang Hu! We haven't seen each other for years but you don't seem to have changed one bit. I'm happy and honoured that you and your friends came to stop the injustice that was done to me.”

LiangHu.jpg
: We are friends since we were children. You would have done nothing less for me.

WuJing.jpg
: Ha ha ha, I remember that time! Who would have though that you would really jump over that cliff!

LiangHu.jpg
: Ha! That is the past, Wu Jing. We're here because we want to ask for your help.

WuJing.jpg
: Oh? Where lies the problem? If it is within my power then I'll help you!

LiangHu.jpg
: We're searching for the Imperial Stones and want to borrow the one of your tribe.

WuJing.jpg
: This...

LanWei.jpg
: How about it? Are there any problems?

WuJing.jpg
: Ah, I would be honoured to help... but... Wu Zhen, our eldest... - he is not here and he instructed us that the Imperial Stone may never leave our village. As chieftain I must obey his wishes.

LanWei.jpg
: Great chieftain! Please! I need every single one of the Imperial Stones. I want to bring my beloved father back from the realms of the dead. With the stone from your village, I would have four out of the five!

WuJing.jpg
: I'm sorry but there is nothing that I can do.

YanHongMad.jpg
: Lan Wei, let's get out of here! Don't let us beg even more!

LiangHu.jpg
: Yan Hong... chieftain... this...

WuJing.jpg
: Liang Hu, my kinsman, it's not as if I'm not willing to help. Really. But I can't ignore Wu Zhen's instructions.

LiangHu.jpg
: I... yes... I understand.

Wu Jing leaves.

LanWei.jpg
: Wu Jing really refuses to hand over the Imperial Stone. What now?

YanHong.jpg
: If I would have known that he would turn out to be this ungrateful, I wouldn't have saved his pitiful skin. I say: let's steal the stone!

LanWei.jpg
: I don't necessary like to become a backstabbing thief – but alright, let's do it...

LiangHu.jpg
: No, we can't do this.

LanWei.jpg
: We don't have a choice, Liang Hu.

LiangHu.jpg
: He is my chieftain. I will not betray his trust.

Old meme, but who invited the role-player into the group?

LanWei.jpg
: If we don't do it then everything we've done was for nothing!

LiangHu.jpg
: No, I will not steal the stone.

YanHong.jpg
: Liang Hu, this is a really bad time to rediscover your long lost morals!

LiangHu.jpg
: Don't push me, Yan Hong.

YanHong.jpg
: If Lan Xiong should remain with the dead, then the villages won't be united to push back the Qin. Do you want to have that on your conscience?

LiangHu.jpg
: Of course not. But if we steal the stone from Wu Jing then we will be no better than the Qin and we must always try to do better.

LanWei.jpg
: Bullshit! You have the chance to save thousands of innocent lives but if you refuse that chance because of your so called 'honour' then you're worse than the Qin! Then you're a cowardly fool!

Spoken like a true renegade.

CaiXin.jpg
: Liang Hu, please...

YanHong.jpg
: Liang Hu, we'll take the stone with or without your help. If you should betray us, I swear by everything unholy, I will hunt you so long in the afterlife that you'll wish that you would have stayed alive!

LiangHu.jpg
: Enough, enough already! All that I want is a little time to convince Wu Jing to change his mind. I hate you for bringing me into this situation.

Liang Hu runs off for good. Our band shall never be the same again. *sniff*

Skill Corner

Yan Hong
BalancedAttack.png
: Balanced Attack (Defensive)
Requires: Senior level of Summon Stone Creature, 60 points of earth
Additional Effects: The golem can now stun an opponent with each attack
Notes: I almost completely swapped to the fire demon at that point but this can still buy you some time when on the run

DivineFortune.png
: Divine Fortune (Defensive)
Requires: Senior level of Divine Blessing
Additional Effects: +3% resistance against shock for every five points of earth
Notes: Stun is usually not as dangerous as slow if the arena isn't too crowded but it comes for free so no complaints there

Cai Xin
CurvedFlash.png
: Curved Flash (Offensive)
Requires: Senior level of Thundering Strike, 60 points of water
Additional Effects: Causes slow when executed as a final combo move
Notes: Didn't reach the requirements for that one so no comment

HuntForLight.png
: Hunt for the Light (Defensive)
Requires: Senior level of Shooting Star
Additional Effects: +10% attack-speed, +1% for every five points of fire
Notes: Dunno if there is any significant difference between the numerical and the percentage increase. I never felt a big difference at least

Gai Nie
MeditateForStrength.png
: Meditate for Strength (Defensive)
Requires: Senior level of Meditation
Additional Effects: +30% percent mana regeneration for every five points of water
Notes: +30% alone is quiet a boost even if my Gai Nie had about 15 water at best. The additional mana was put to good use in the more desperate situations

Crooked Bee

Patron
:thumbsup:

You're a great story teller.

No.

the creatures followed the ... codex

“And even if one thousand years pass by, I'll never forget.”

This game sure takes TEH DRAMA to a new level.

Young lady, don't worry. I was only testing his love to you.

:x

Bullshit! You have the chance to save thousands of innocent lives but if you refuse that chance because of your so called 'honour' then you're worse than the Qin! Then you're a cowardly fool!

Yeesh

Magister
Bullshit! You have the chance to save thousands of innocent lives but if you refuse that chance because of your so called 'honour' then you're worse than the Qin! Then you're a cowardly fool!
Sounds like somebody needs to learn the great importance of honor. Have her watch this:

2elxdup.jpg

Pussycat669

Liturgist
Right, where were we? Last time I checked, we were one party slot short of a meat puppet due to unexpected conscience growth and are now in desperate need for a replacement. Ready to look everywhere.

TieLang.jpg
: Look at these long faces. You seem to have problems, eh? Hahaha!

Really everywhere.

LanWei.jpg
: Don't start...

TieLang.jpg
: Bah, stop trying to be intimidating. I just saw an angry Liang Hu running home. And you look rather tensed as well, so something must have gone wrong between the lots of you.

LanWeiMad.jpg
: We would never end our friendship with Liang Hu!

YanHong.jpg
: Lan Wei, don't waste your words on him. Wu Jing will not help us and this one will certainly not help either.

TieLang.jpg
: Is that what you think, smarty pants? This time you're wrong! As far as Wu Jing is concerned, I'll help you. So what the hell is going on?

GaiNie.jpg
: Isn't Wu Jing your chieftain?

TieLang.jpg
: Chieftain? Bah. He's an old fart, yes, that he is. I'm the greatest warrior of my race!

GaiNie.jpg
: <Thinks sarcastically> Oh great. He loves to fight, acts for his personal gain... - perfect leader material...

TieLang.jpg
: So what are you up to? I'll help you, especially if it will hurt Wu Jing's pride!

YanHong.jpg
: We want to steal the Imperial Stone that is in the possession of the animal people. But we don't know where it is hidden. Liang Hu refuses to tell us.

TieLang.jpg
: Tie Lang's eyes open wide. “You want to do *what*? Steal our holy stone?”

LanWei.jpg
: Quiet true. We need the power of the Imperial Stones to revive my father. So, will you help us, or are you too scared?

TieLang.jpg
: Me, scared? Not in the slightest. Follow me to the big tent. I will bring the Imperial Stone to you!

LanWei.jpg
: Great!

Tie Lang doesn't count as a full party member and the tour back to Beastmoot is mostly a chance for him to demonstrate his intimidating battle prowess. *wink* *wink* and all that. We're soon back in the throne room.

TieLang.jpg
: Give me a moment to activate the mechanism. [He does so] Good, it's open now. The door to your right leads to a secret room. Hurry! It won't stay open for long!

Gai Nie stays behind with our benefactor of questionable reliability.

GaiNie.jpg
: Tie Lang...

TieLang.jpg
: What?

GaiNie.jpg
: Nothing...

Emotional tension at its finest. We investigate what the secret room is all about.

1_SecretRoom.jpg

This chieftain sure has a lot of skeletons in his closet but we focus our attention on the important looking chest in the centre of the room where we find the next stone.

LanWei.jpg
: Great! Now we already have four of the Imperial Stones!

YanHong.jpg
: We better not celebrate too early. We still don't know where the fifth could be.

CaiXin.jpg
: Or who it belongs to.

TieLang.jpg
: I know where it is.

LanWei.jpg
: You? So where is it then?

TieLang.jpg
: In the Tomb of the Yellow Emperor.

LanWei.jpg
: You must be joking!

TieLang.jpg
: An army of heavenly creatures are guarding the grave. As soon as someone enters, they attack. It's way too dangerous for mortals.

LanWei.jpg
: But we don't have any choice now, do we? Then we must get inside!

They exit Beastmoot westwards, leaving the scheming Tie Lang behind.

TieLang.jpg
: Poor Wu Jing! First he's held responsible for losing the holy stone and then it will look like as if he let the intruders inside the Tomb of the Yellow Emperor! Haha, he won't be chieftain for much longer!

Lan Wei and friends don't really have time to waste on local politics. To the tomb it is (passing through more storm bats. Hopefully this will be over soon).

2_Statue.jpg

Stone Statue: It appears that there are three holes in the statue. Apparently there was something inside of them but whatever it was is now gone.

LanWei.jpg
:
<Look somewhere else>
→ <Carefully examine the statue>

Stone Statue: There is a barely visible inscription at the base of the statue. Next to it is something that looks like a lock.

GaiNie.jpg
: It looks like a lock.

LanWei.jpg
: Hmm... yes, it appears so.

LanWei.jpg
: <Remove a forward lying rock>

LanWeiShock.jpg

A bizarre lizard creature appears out of nowhere and attacks the hapless adventurers.

3_Guardian1.jpg

This monster type is special because of two things: it uses River of Life so I hope for you that Lan Wei knows how to use Exorcism by now if you don't want a fight to drag on forever and its sickle attack is actually area based and not aimed at one specific PC (and yeah the cuts do hurt) so a tight formation is a rather bad idea. Same for getting stuck between two lizards at the same time. One isolated creature is still manageable though so we soon liberate its corpse from a valuable looking stone that we can place inside one of the holes in the statue which spawns two more lizards. Then there is another stone and another enemy type.

4_Guardian2.jpg

Just your ridiculously strong everyday bruiser. Next stone.

5_TombOpen.jpg

LanWei.jpg
: Let's move on.

LiangHu.jpg
: Wait!

Was wondering when he was going to show up.

LiangHu.jpg
: I knew that you would try to steal the stone from Wu Jing!

LanWei.jpg
: Liang Hu...

YanHong.jpg
: There is no other way!

LiangHu.jpg
: There is always another way. Hmm... what are the facts? You already took it.

LanWei.jpg
: I'm sorry, Liang Hu.

LiangHu.jpg
: I wanted to ask Wu Jing for the stone tonight but I guess that won't be necessary any more. What are you doing here?

LanWei.jpg
: The last stone is in the Tomb of the Yellow Emperor. We are going inside to retrieve it.

LiangHu.jpg
: Are you really sure that you want to go inside?

LanWei.jpg
: We're almost ready to get my father back! How could I give up now?

LiangHu.jpg
: This is dangerous! You don't know what creatures are protecting the tomb down there!

Actually we do. We just fought them and they're quiet tough. This should be a barrel of laughs.

LanWei.jpg
: Don't worry. I've got a plan. It is up to you if you want to come along or not but I will go either way!

LiangHu.jpg
: Curse your bones, Lan Wei.

He takes point.

LanWei.jpg
: What will you do?

LiangHu.jpg
: I'm coming with you. You're the only friends that I've got. How could I wait outside while you stroll into danger?

LanWei.jpg
: I don't want you to get into trouble with your people, Liang Hu.

LiangHu.jpg
: Forget it. We should hurry. If Wu Jing discovers that the stone has been stolen, he will be after us.

6_TombInside.jpg

The tomb is arguably the first really large dungeon that we encounter with four levels for us to fight and loot through. Thankfully the pattern is fairly simple. Find your way to one of the map edges, climb down stairs, go to the centre of the next level, go down stairs, then again go to corner, rinse & repeat. The first three levels have a mixture of bats and lizards with an increasing density of the latter the lower you get. But it's level four where the real action is as this level, although smaller in scale, is filled with lizards and bruiser demons from top to bottom. There are no more stairs down but we find the emperor's coffin in the centre room.

7_Coffin.jpg

Not surprisingly it has been magically sealed and we need to touch the four surrounding pillars to break the spell. Each pillar will spawn five to six lizards to play with. The last will trigger a boss fight as soon as the developers stop trying to be dramatic.

8_Boss1.jpg

9_Boss2.jpg

10_Boss3.jpg

Almost there.

11_Boss4.jpg

So it's just a resized, re-skinned lizard that throws magic at us. Nothing much exciting to see here. But with the boss out of the way I might as well stall for some high quality grinding time although in retrospect I may have overdone it for once.

12_Grind1.jpg

13_Grind2.jpg

Important lessons learned: enemies don't respawn if too many items are lying around in a given level and that you can drive the search algorithm for dropping loot into desperation if you just try hard enough. That's what you get if you don't include the good old tried and tested loot piles. Speaking of loot, let's see what valuables the dead emperor got on his corpse.

LiangHu.jpg
: Uh oh. The stone coffin is empty.

LanWei.jpg
: What's wrong?

LiangHu.jpg
: This looks like the place where the Yellow Emperor was buried. Even if the coffin is empty. I... I don't know but it wasn't what I was expecting!

GaiNieShock1.jpg
: There are stairs inside the coffin.

LanWei.jpg
: We don't have much of a choice, we must climb down there.

14_Summon1.jpg

LanWei.jpg
: Look! The fifth stone is here!

YanHong.jpg
: Get the other four. It seems like we are supposed to place them on the platform.

15_Summon2.jpg

LanWei.jpg
:
Father, we finally have the Imperial Stones...
Oh great God of War, please let my father Lan Xiong return to life!

Quest complete... or is it?

WuJing.jpg
: Lan Wei! Don't use the stones!

LanWei.jpg
: What are you talking about? We've already done that!

WuJing.jpg
: This is bad. This is really bad! You just made a grave mistake!

LanWei.jpg
: Wu Jing, tell me what's going on! What mistake do you mean?

WuJing.jpg
: The stones don't have the power to revive the dead. They are the keys to Chi You's prison. His soul is imprisoned beneath a stone platform, that was sealed by the Yellow Emperor himself. If the Imperial Stones are placed upon that platform, then the prison is unlocked and Chi You is free. Once he's set free, he won't hesitate until he's destroyed the world.

YanHong.jpg
: Nonsense! Chi You is our God of War. He would never do such a thing!

WuJing.jpg
: You have to believe me. If you open the Seal of Evil, Chi You and his troops will return to the world of man and seed death and destruction wherever they go.

YanHong.jpg
: Impossible! Without his protection, I would have never survived all these obstacles. He is the holy defender of Eastern Baiyue, not the dark warrior you claim him to be!

WuJing.jpg
: Go and see it with your own eyes. Wu Zhen and your friend Zhang Liang are waiting outside. Follow me. Quickly now!

LanWei.jpg
: Oh no! Look there! These creatures...

16_Undead.jpg

Told ya we would bring the dead back to life. The levels are now refilled with all sorts of skeletons from magic user to spear throwers to your average grunts. They are very fragile and it's probably more fun to watch the lizards kill them (who now count as our allies) than actually doing it ourselves. Once out of the tomb we brace ourselves for more exposition.

17_Escaped.jpg

ZhangLiang.jpg
: Gai Nie, Lan Wei...! It is good to see you again!

Wu Zhen: Thank the gods!

LanWei.jpg
: What happened, what are these creatures doing here?

Wu Zhen: These are the guardians of Chi You. When you opened the seal, they appeared together with Chi You's soul. This is a total disaster!

YanHong.jpg
: What are these lies? Chi You is the divine protector of Baiyue! He is good!

Wu Zhen: Can't you see the demons?

YanHong.jpg
: That proves nothing!

Wu Zhen: Three years ago, I used magic to look into the future. I saw Chi You, imprisoned beneath the Tomb of the Yellow Emperor, and then I saw how he was freed by someone with the Imperial Stones. At that time it wasn't possible for me to tell this to anyone...

WuJing.jpg
: We always thought that we were protecting the final resting place of the Yellow Emperor, not that we were supposed to keep Chi You's soul from escaping.

Wu Zhen: To prevent such a catastrophe, I decided to search for the Imperial Stones by myself. I wanted to take the stone of the tribe with me but I also didn't want to cause any panic, if people thought that it was stolen. And if they would have heard the truth... in any case, I asked Wu Jing to guard the stone for me.

WuJing.jpg
: Still, we're too late.

Wu Zhen: I never was able to find the other stones, unfortunately. But then I met Zhang Liang a few days ago in Cloudfield.

ZhangLiang.jpg
: And I told Wu Zhen that you were searching for the stones as well. He got frightened and hurried after you.

Wu Zhen: But we were too late to stop you.

YanHong.jpg
: I can't believe it. Chi You, our patron, a demon? Never!

LanWei.jpg
: Yan Hong, leave your sword...

YanHong.jpg
: Your mouth is overflowing with dirt and lies! Our god protects us! He is not a destroyer!

Wu Zhen: Open your eyes, boy! The guardians of Chi You, these demons, are now in the human world! And all they bring is misery and pain.

YanHong.jpg
: Oh gods – now that we brought all this behind us – this is the result? Then you can kill me now.

LanWei.jpg
: Yan Hong...

Wu Zhen: We don't have time for self-pity. We must get this situation under control before it is too late. There are two tasks that need to be done: Someone must go back inside the tomb and destroy the seal, so that no more fiends of Chi You's demonic army can appear.

GaiNie.jpg
: And the second?

Wu Zhen: Chi You's physical form is kept at a sacred place deep within Baiyue-territory. Someone must go there and stop him before he can regain his full strength. Now, at this moment, we have a chance to beat him. And if we can break the seal, then he will have less allies to support him. We must kill as many devils as possible before they can reach him.

LanWei.jpg
: I should go after Chi You. It is my fault that he returned... I should be the one who sends him back to the hell where he belongs.

YanHong.jpg
: I'm with you, Lan Wei. He deceived us all and used us for his evil ends. I'll kill him, god or not, and if it's the last thing that I'll do.

LiangHu.jpg
: The tomb has always been the responsibility of my people. An animal man should be the one who breaks the seal. I'll go back down there.

TieLang.jpg
: No, brother. You won't. This time it is my turn to go into the tomb.

Tie Lang makes his dramatic entrance.

TieLang.jpg
: I'm the greatest warrior of our race. Protecting the Tomb of the Yellow Emperor is my life. Now that Chi You has reawakened, I should be the one who seals it.

LiangHu.jpg
: I'm the cause for this horrible tragedy. I should be the one who seals it!

TieLang.jpg
: You? I'm the strongest fighter of our people. You are nothing!

LiangHu.jpg
: And what if I cut you into pieces?

TieLang.jpg
: Defeat me? How can you even say that?

LiangHu.jpg
: Then we'll settle this between us! We will see who's the one most fit for this task!

You know how this will end. Catfight!

18_Duel.jpg

Tie Lang is a fairly uncomplicated opponent since he simply throws his raw (yet considerable high) attributes at you without any use of skills. Liang Hu rage should be at max at this point after slaughtering those numerous undead so all it takes from there is to activate his White Tiger before this is soon over.

LiangHu.jpg
: I've won...

A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

LiangHu.jpg
: I'm going down there.

LanWei.jpg
: You really think that this is a good idea?

LiangHu.jpg
: It is a task for an animal man.

LanWei.jpg
: Liang Hu... I...

LiangHu.jpg
: Lan Wei, I always wanted to take care of you, so that I could repay your chieftain for the kindness that he showed me. But I can't do this any more. Yan Hong, make sure that nothing can happen to Lan Wei or I will never forgive you

YanHong.jpg
: Count on me, my friend.

LiangHu.jpg
: You people... you're my only friends... if I don't make it, promise me that you won't give up.

CaiXin.jpg
: Come back to us in one piece, Liang Hu.

GaiNie.jpg
: Be careful.

LiangHu.jpg
: Farewell!

LanWei.jpg
: Watch your back, brother.

CaiXin.jpg
: Hold it! What about the Kunwu-Sword that we got from Heaven's Sea? Give it to Liang Hu. The Yellow Emperor wielded it once... maybe it can help him.

Almost there.

Liang Hu's mother: Son, wait!

LiangHu.jpg
: Father! Mother!

Liang Hu's mother: Listen to me...

LiangHu.jpg
: Mother, I must go...

Liang Hu's father: We're so proud of you, Liang Hu. You're the best son a father could ever wish for. Come back to us alive. If you don't make it, then know that our ancestors will take care of you in the next life.

LiangHu.jpg
: Thanks.

Liang Hu's mother: Be careful, son.

LiangHu.jpg
: I must go now. Return to Baiyue as quickly as possible. You must stop Chi You before he can regain his full power!

He disappears in the darkness below.

LanWei.jpg
: Hurry, Liang Hu.

GaiNie.jpg
: Come! We still have to take care of Chi You's guardians.

LanWei.jpg
: Right. Liang Hu – we'll see each other soon! Count on us!

Another solo mission is in order. Liang Hu starts off on level four with more weak skeletons in his way. You can either slaughter them all or realize that the developers disabled XP gain in wise foresight and just rush to the seal where Liang Hu has to realize that this task might be way over his head.

19_Sacrifice1.jpg

LiangHu.jpg
: Come on! Even if I have to die, I won't let you get out!

20_Sacrifice2.jpg

And with a lot of rumbling, the screen fades to black.

LiangHu.jpg
: Lan Wei... Yan Hong... Mother... Father... I'm dying... please, take care.
21_Sacrifice3.jpg

Even outside the ground starts to shake violently.

LanWei.jpg
: Liang Hu!

GaiNie.jpg
: That explosion was tremendous. I don't think that he made it...

LanWei.jpg
: I refuse to believe that! Liang Hu did make it!

YanHong.jpg
: Lan Wei... he's dead.

LanWei.jpg
: No! Liang Hu, hold on! I'm coming for you!

YanHong.jpg
: Lan Wei, stop! You can't help him any more. There are more important things we must do. Don't let him have died in vain.

LanWei.jpg
: Oh, Liang Hu, I'm so sorry.

22_Sacrifice4.jpg

WuJing.jpg
: He died like a true hero.

TieLang.jpg
: Rest in peace, brother.

Wu Zhen: Lan Wei, Liang Hu was successful. Now it's up to you.

ZhangLiang.jpg
: Be careful and... make Liang Hu proud.

Get ready for chapter 8 in which we witness Lan Wei's tour de force back to her homeland and the last (but first not entirely foreseeable and highly unpleasant) big plot twist.

Skill Corner

Lan Wei
SoulDevourer.png
: Demonic Soul Devourer (Offensive)
Requires: Senior level of Demon Trap, 30 points of water + earth
Additional Effects: Decrease an opponent's resistance against stun attacks for 50%
Notes: Didn't fit the requirements but it sounds good for those mean spirited players who like to weaken their prey before fighting them head-on

:salute:Liang Hu:salute:
ViperStrike.png
: Viper Strike (Offensive)
Requires: Senior level of Berserker, 30 points of fire + iron
Additional Effects: Cooldown of the skill was significantly decreased.
Notes: Finally, Liang Hu had something to compensate for Cai Xin's great attack speed. It burned mana fairly quickly however.

HeavenRumble.png
: Heavenly Tremor (Offensive)
Effect: Ranged area based attack, increased attack skill by 100%, decreased enemy attack by 10 (probably damage)
Notes: Very similar to the earth quake attacks of Peng Wudi and the worms from Heaven's Sea. You certainly got a lot of bang for the buck
Upgrade: +20% attack skill per skill upgrade, +5% for every five points of iron, +1 decrease for enemy attacks for every five points of water

Yan Hong
SummonPanther.png
: Summon Panther (Defensive)
Requires: Senior level of Summon Fox, 60 points of fire
Additional Effects: See above
Notes: Never got it although I do wonder if a summoned panther can cast auras. Probably not

DivineSpirit.png
: Divine Spirit (Offensive)
Effect: Summons a spirit which will attack all enemies in range and then disappear, increases attack skill by 150%
Notes: This attack is quiet powerful but slow to regain. As a little gimmick, the summoned spirit will always fit the element of the weapon Yan Hong is fighting with
Upgrade: +25% attack skill per skill upgrade, +2% for every five-whatever points of element stuff of which I still haven't figured out what it could be

Cai Xin
DivingCloud.png
: Diving Cloud (Offensive)
Requires: Senior level of Skydive, 30 points of water + fire
Additional Effects: Enemies can no longer dodge the attack
Notes: Hey, a sure hit is better than none, right?

CrawlingSnake.png
: Crawling Snake (Defensive)
Effect: Cai Xin teleports to a selected field, chance of a successful dodge is increased by 10% for a short period of time
Notes: If my girl gets surrounded by some mean guys and HPs are dropping to a zero, this is usually the skill of my choice
Upgrade: +5% chance of a successful dodge per skill upgrade, +1% for every ten points of fire

Gai Nie
MightOThunder.png
: Power of Thunder (Defensive)
Effect: Increases Gai Nie's attack by 16
Notes: His last aura. Good choice if the attention is not on Gai Nie himself and you want to deal as much damage as possible in a short period of time
Upgrade: +8 attack per skill upgrade, +1 for every five points of water

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
You just reminded me I need to finish prince of Qin... Sometime.

So little goddamn time.

Carry on you pussy !

Crooked Bee

Patron
An update, yay!
Tie Lang is one scheming bastard.

The stones don't have the power to revive the dead. They are the keys to Chi You's prison. His soul is imprisoned beneath a stone platform, that was sealed by the Yellow Emperor himself. If the Imperial Stones are placed upon that platform, then the prison is unlocked and Chi You is free. Once he's set free, he won't hesitate until he's destroyed the world.

:yeah:

Pussycat669

Liturgist
ghostdog said:
You just reminded me I need to finish prince of Qin... Sometime.

If you do, please let me know if there are any more gems like the trial I linked to earlier. Such things deserve their very own entry in the annals of video game history.

Crooked Bee said:
Tie Lang is one scheming bastard.

You're gravely mistaken, if Liang Hu would have lost the fight or if he would have ignored/failed the trial from before, you would now know that deep down Tie Lang is nothing but one big guilt-ridden teddy bear.

Crooked Bee

Patron
^ Oh, I feel sorry for him now. That's very much in the spirit of this game though. Drama!

Thanks for clarifying it. :salute:

Pussycat669

Liturgist
The party is back on track but still mournful about Liang Hu's awfully tragic

LiangHu.jpg
: Lan Wei, wait!

LanWei.jpg
: It is Liang Hu!

1_Reunion.jpg

minute long absence. He has been missed.

LanWei.jpg
: Liang Hu!
Liang Hu! You're still alive?

LiangHu.jpg
: Cease those tears. I'm back. Let's celebrate this moment together.

CaiXin.jpg
: I can't believe it! Liang Hu!

YanHong.jpg
: Tell us what you've gone through.

LiangHu.jpg
: Once I've reached the seal room, there were hordes of demons that were fighting their way out of the pit in the centre of the platform. I didn't know how I should deal with them. Before I could make up my mind, the Kunwu-Sword flew out of my hands and placed itself on the platform. The demons were suddenly pulled back to hell. The tomb started to shake and tremble wildly, everything was falling apart. I barely managed to escape before the ceiling collapsed.

GaiNie.jpg
: I didn't know that the Kunwu-Sword is that powerful.

LiangHu.jpg
: I can tell you, there were moments when I really thought that I was a goner.

CaiXin.jpg
: Hahaha, you're way too ugly to die that easily.

YanHong.jpg
: So, us five will face Chi You together.

GaiNie.jpg
: That seems to be the only way to defeat him.

LiangHu.jpg
: Another thing: I was able to recover the Imperial Stones on my way out. They sealed Chi You once... maybe they can do it again?

GaiNie.jpg
: Great! Let's hope that we can make it. Last time this feat required a god.

Onwards after the hideous undead who already started to raid nearby towns like this one.

2_UndeadInvasion.jpg

This place is a mess. Lots of corpses lying around everywhere with rain of blood thrown into the mix for the extra grimdark atmosphere. Once the area is cleared of enemies we can enter the houses and question the few survivors that are left.

Old Man: So many monster are running around here – the world has gone mad.

LanWei.jpg
: It's our fault. We didn't listen to Wu Jin's advice. I'm afraid that we triggered this catastrophe.

Old Man: What? You're responsible for this? What are you going to do now?

LanWei.jpg
: We will do everything in our power to stop the revival of the evil god.

Old Man: South of the town is a road, that leads to the Thunder-God Mountain. It will get you through the Plains of the Red Moon and passed the Valley of the Sunset. It is a shortcut if you're heading west. I hope that you'll be able to stop whatever is happening.

LanWei.jpg
: Thank you, sir.

Lan Wei is presented with two possible choices here. Take the shortcut, as the old man suggested and do a lot of fighting on the way (since incidentally it's also the route our rotting friends are taking) or go the original route to the south that will get us through another village which could possibly score us some more quests. That would usually sound like a good opportunity for a popular vote but the party's inventory is full so it's to town to earn some money I say. We'll just need to pass through another panther&foxes valley and endure more social encounters.

Man3.jpg
: Are you coming from the town Lingnan? I saw rising smoke in that direction. What happened?

LanWei.jpg
: Monsters have suddenly invaded the city – and a great number of them!

Man3.jpg
: What? Monsters? How horrible! If they should come here then we will be easy prey for them!

LanWei.jpg
: Slow down. I took care of the monsters in Lingnan. They won't bother you here.

Man3.jpg
: I hope that you're right. But I must still hurry back to my village and warn everyone. Better safe than sorry.

LanWei.jpg
: Yes, you better prepare yourselves.

Quiet true. The time of simply fooling around has definitely passed.

3_FlowerHermit.jpg

CaiXin.jpg
: Gai Nie, look at these flowers!

GaiNie.jpg
: I thought I would never see this type of flower again...

LanWei.jpg
: They're beautiful.

GaiNie.jpg
: They were the favourite flowers of Shuang Er. She always said that they look so pure and innocent...

CaiXin.jpg
: It is a message, Gai Nie. She tells you that she is doing well. Everything is fine...

GaiNie.jpg
: Cai Xin... thank you for accompanying me here.

The party yet again gets ambushed by a creepy old man.

Old Man: Hehe, what do we have here? A band of flower snufflers?

GaiNie.jpg
: Those were the favourites of my late wife.

Old Man: Oh, I apologize. The world becomes more sad every time an admirer of flowers has passed away, if you ask me. Only flowers know peace during times of war it seems.

GaiNie.jpg
: This place is so peaceful. I would stay here forever if I could. Living like a hermit. Nothing is like it used to be since she left us...

Old Man: Life is precious, son. When you're dead you'll see. Enjoy it as long as you can. If your wife hears that you consider your life worthless – what could make her more sad?

GaiNie.jpg
: It is hard to be happy without her at my side.

Old Man: My wife is buried here as well.

GaiNie.jpg
: Really?

Old Man: I must admit that I'm somewhat of a flower fanatic. I'm obsessed with them. Sadly this obsession did cost my dear wife her life. It was forty years ago when we came here to collect rare flowers like these. As a foolish young man, I ignored her advice and climbed over the edge of a cliff to get a very extraordinary specimen. I fell and my wife, blessed her heart, grabbed me. As she was pulling me back, she lost balance and fell over the edge herself... how stupid I was! Now I can't hold any flower to such a high esteem as the memories of my beautiful wife.

CaiXin.jpg
: Such a sad story.

Old Man: You're still so young. Embrace life as long as you can. Your wife will rest better if she knows that you're happy.

GaiNie.jpg
: Thank you. I will not forget your advice.

And that's for the hermit's place in this story. Close to his hut lies a dark cave yearning to be explored.

4_CaveMystery1.jpg

FeiYan.jpg
: Move faster. The evil is close.

ChuanYun.jpg
: Fei Yan, I don't want to leave the flowers behind. I'm afraid that they might dry out and die.

FeiYan.jpg
: Sister, we'll have to wait forever until they blossom.

ChuanYun.jpg
: But Shi Gui has been waiting for me for ten years. He will not wait forever!Look, the flowers will blossom soon. Let us stay!

LanWei.jpg
: What is this? A talking cave? What an odd place to have a conversation!

FeiYan.jpg
: Psst! There is someone here. You think it is the evil? Are you ready to fight, sister?

ChuanYun.jpg
: There is more than just one. I don't think that it is the evil. Quickly, hide!

Lan Wei ain't no pussy and charges into the cave without any concerns for her or her companions safety to find...

5_CaveMystery2.jpg

LanWei.jpg
: I could have sworn that I heard two girls... nah, forget about it. Let's go.

Indeed, it shall remain a mystery.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom