Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's walk the streets of Silent Hill (Complete !)

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
That ending was way too lulzy

CrimHead

Scholar
I saw in a review by Spoony of SH: Homecoming that you can get the UFO ending on your first playthrough. :lol: That's just stupid. Imagine if that could happen to you in SH1. I'd be seriously pissed.

ghostdog said:
Well, it seems like I finished the game. See ya ! :salute:

zswdog.jpg

CrimHead

Scholar
But really this is a super short game. Somewhere in the 6-7 hour range IIRC. Probably a good thing, though, because playing survival horror games for any longer than an hour to an hour and a half stresses me out :lol:

Radisshu

Prophet
Brother None said:
That ending was way too lulzy

It's the lulzy secret ending you're only supposed to get if you've played through the game once. SH2 and 3 also has them.

EDIT: ghostdog, you better take this to the real ending.

denizsi

Arcane
ghostdog said:
Yeesh said:
Maybe the very Codex itself is just a dream, and one of us is lying in a feverish haze somewhere summoning this whole mess into existence. Really makes you think, man.
man, you're onto something. We've lost our true identity. We're just a bunch of alts running around the misty streets of the codex, battling with nightmarish trolls. Will we find a way out, or will we be consumed by the evil one ? His power is slowly spreading... The mark of Volourn can be seen on the walls. A mad old man named Kingcomrade appeared and told us to flee to the retardo land, should we trust him ? "In before retardo !" he shouted, and then quickly disappeared...

Beware, they say that Pyramid Cleve still stalks the halls...

mutual.png

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Who said anything about quiting ? Stop spreading false rumors, dammit !
Now, let's forget about that wacky UFO ending and continue as we where from the top of the Lighthouse.

111801k.jpg

I don't think it's wise to spend more time in this Samaelic dimension, we should head down and hope the world hasn't become even more abstract.

f4rc7m.jpg

Code:
Chapter XXIV :

o     o                             .oPYo.           .oPYo.                          8 
8b   d8                             8    8           8   `8                          8 
8`b d'8 .oPYo. oPYo. oPYo. o    o   8      .oPYo.   o8YooP' .oPYo. o    o odYo. .oPYo8 
8 `o' 8 8oooo8 8  `' 8  `' 8    8   8   oo 8    8    8   `b 8    8 8    8 8' `8 8    8 
8     8 8.     8     8     8    8   8    8 8    8    8    8 8    8 8    8 8   8 8    8 
8     8 `Yooo' 8     8     `YooP8   `YooP8 `YooP'    8    8 `YooP' `YooP' 8   8 `YooP' 
..::::..:.....:..::::..:::::....8 :::....8 :.....::::..:::..:.....::.....:..::..:.....:
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ooP'.:::::::8 ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::...:::::::::..::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

As we leave the tower we're relieved to see that this is still our beloved "other" Silent Hill and not the planes of chaos. However, the radio is hissing loudly...

r7sk5s.jpg

SHIIIIIIIT !

25z0cib.jpg

20r33on.jpg

idf33p.jpg

Wow, that was one hell of a gangbang. We'll need to consume some health-drinks to get back on shape.

240xjyp.jpg

We quickly return to the boat...

9qfupv.jpg

30rtk7m.png
That creep is sure to show up at the Amusement Park pretty soon.

xnc9pt.jpg

Let us be on time. Let's get moving.

30bz2xf.jpg

f25xdy.jpg

But how the hell are we going to reach the Amusement park ? The road is gone...

30be2rt.jpg

Hmm, maybe we should check out that fenced area again.

2a7weip.jpg

314rtht.jpg

A-HA !

30rtk7m.png
Could Cybil have gotten to the Amusement Park from here ?

I guess she could. I hope she's all right...

331dgm1.jpg

21bkf0y.jpg

1zldcm0.jpg

dompls.jpg

e5nxqv.jpg

:WHAM:

2edyuy8.jpg

263ttur.jpg

Fuck. They've got Cybil. This doesn't look good. This doesn't look good at all... We *must* get there fast.

28it62v.jpg

Great. More sewers. Just our luck.

2l8f8tc.jpg

On the right wall we find the map of the area. Let's hope these sewers lead to the park.

34yph13.jpg

Green bastards try to make us an eternal residents of the sewers but they're unsuccessful.

e0lycn.jpg

Eventually we reach a long corridor...

2wd0i92.jpg

dg2t50.jpg

Hey, what's this ?

2aeo85y.jpg

A new kind of enemy, but he's got nothing on us. We continue onward fighting with more creatures. They come from the ceiling, they come from below... but we prevail.

34zyie0.jpg

m7ur11.jpg

They come in greater numbers...

53r6dy.jpg

2v9ch0o.jpg

They manage to surround us...

332xzyq.jpg

But nothing can keep us from our goal. The further we go on, the more hellish the scenery becomes...

2njy3hx.jpg

favea8.jpg

What's this, another monster ?

55zkj.jpg

No. They're carousel ponies, sticking out of the filthy waters.

wl200j.jpg

And we've finally found the way up. I just hope we're not too late.

2hdz8nk.jpg

14m9752.jpg

There's nothing amusing about the park, on the contrary, the feeling of dread looms over the place. And the radio is hissing like crazy...

2vv6n38.jpg

Ah, it's those little black ghosts again. Possibly the spirits --or the memories-- of the children that once frequented this place...

10yidr7.jpg

There are other children here though, who are not mere memories...

2cz7pxk.jpg

28rd5av.jpg

The area is very dark and without a map , rather confusing.

egygye.jpg

34hdwgj.jpg

A sickening happy tune can be heared in the distance, what's going on ?

igdhdx.jpg

It just spins around by itself in a perpetual loop.
Let's go deeper into the park.

215xf8.jpg

The big wheel keeps on turning, its only customers the grey monsters.

1z1h8us.jpg

As for the canteen, it can only offer us a save point.

mhvyg2.jpg

We struggle along the narrow paths, trying to find our way.

2qdpu3d.jpg

2cih5p0.jpg

Hey... it's the Merry Go Round.

f1gtav.jpg

It seems we need to go though here to move on.

20svqxd.jpg

I don't have a good feeling about this...

15yug5u.jpg

1zq4u8n.jpg

Huh ?

14mq2l2.jpg

Cybil ! ...She's on a wheelchair. Is she all right ?

9v8so2.jpg

106094m.jpg

v2vdip.jpg

2ewjr6f.jpg

4sfl1u.jpg

Uh-oh.

keaf5v.jpg

30rtk7m.png
Cybil ? Are you ok ?

2irahao.jpg

30rtk7m.png
Cybil, what's going on ? Talk to me !

Her eyes have a red glow devoid of any feeling. They stare somewhere beyond...

hvdiqc.jpg

The music starts playing and the horses start moving round... WHAT THE-

347wkzt.jpg

FUU-

2ivk39t.jpg

:shock: She shot us !

30rtk7m.png
ARGGHHH ! ... Cybil, what the HELL !!!

9602l5.jpg

There's some injury at her back... what on earth should we do ? Must we fight her ?

28h0cnn.jpg

30rtk7m.png
Cybil, stop ! LISTEN TO ME !!

2wd5bw9.jpg

34z0jfk.jpg

33lglco.jpg

DAMN !! She shot us again. It's really bad this time !

2qw34t4.jpg

Harry goddammit, GET UP !

5wwbp3.jpg

We must use a healing kit... SOMETHING !!!!

b8lsub.jpg

FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK

294s5kz.jpg

1431bet.jpg

10prak3.jpg

That didn't go well.

You can listen to this while we try to figure a way to get out of this mess...

Kz3r0

Arcane
The similar scene in SH3 is one of the few redeeming factors of that game.

CrimHead

Scholar
I really like the atmosphere of the sewer connecting to the amusement park and the amusement park proper. I found them to be some of the more unsettling locations in the game.

Of course nothing beats the school, though, which you did an excellent job of covering :love: The first time I played the game I knew nothing about it--I rented it from a local video store-- so the whole time during the otherworld section I was just tripping balls

I'm interested in what your next course of action is going to be. Game has some light C&C :smug:

Women, women never change...

Funny how the hardest fight in the game is with a wymn :x

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
OK, last time things went straight to Hell. Cybil, looked like she was possessed by something and she didn't recognize us. No sir. She just pulled out her gun and mercilessly shot us multiple times. What are we gonna do ?!

WHEN SUDDENLY !!

5o9gnm.png
Hi there.

30rtk7m.png
Wh-WHAT ?! Who are you ?

5o9gnm.png
My name is John Car- ,uh, Parker. I don't know what strange coincidence brought me here, but I've been in similar dire situations concerning the supernatural, myself.

30rtk7m.png
I... don't understand.

5o9gnm.png
Old gods, demons trying to come back to earth... I've battled with such entities. Sexy nurses... I've encountered them too. Maybe I can help you.

30rtk7m.png
Uh, ok.

5o9gnm.png
Now look, somehow the evil got to your girlfriend, tough break. But we must get past her... why don't you simply fight her ?

30rtk7m.png
No way, it's Cybil we're talking about ! She put her neck on the line for me, I must find a way to save her.

5o9gnm.png
You know, a shot between the eyes would certainly release her from whatever demon is possessing her...

30rtk7m.png
Even if I do try to fight her, it would be really hard, one shot from her and I'm dead. I guess we could pull it off, but we can't do that to her ! (not to mention we wont get the best ending if we kill her)

5o9gnm.png
Okay, okay, I'm with ya. What's on your mind ?

30rtk7m.png
That lump on her back... The nurses and the doctors had something similar on their backs too.

5o9gnm.png
The hospital, huh ? You think that there may be some medicine that can cure her ?

30rtk7m.png
Hmm... but of course, the red liquid ! Someone tried to destroy a bottle containing a strange, red liquid at the hospital. I managed to salvage some of it, somehow I have feeling it's important. Maybe I could use it on Cybil.

5o9gnm.png
Maybe. It's a long shot though.

30rtk7m.png
Yeah, but it's all we've got. I'll try it.

5o9gnm.png
Well, it's your head... Good luck old boy. :salute:

Code:
Chapter XXV :

.oPYo.         o                         o    o                  8                          
8    8                                   8b   8                  8                          
8      .oPYo. o8 odYo. .oPYo.            8`b  8 .oPYo. o   o   o 8oPYo. .oPYo. oPYo. .oPYo. 
8   oo 8    8  8 8' `8 8    8            8 `b 8 8    8 Y. .P. .P 8    8 8oooo8 8  `' 8oooo8 
8    8 8    8  8 8   8 8    8            8  `b8 8    8 `b.d'b.d' 8    8 8.     8     8.     
`YooP8 `YooP'  8 8   8 `YooP8 88 88 88   8   `8 `YooP'  `Y' `Y'  8    8 `Yooo' 8     `Yooo' 
:....8 :.....::....::..:....8 ..:..:..:::..:::..:.....:::..::..::..:::..:.....:..:::::.....:
:::::8 ::::::::::::::::::ooP'.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
:::::..::::::::::::::::::...::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

So, this is how it is: If we try to kill Cybil, it's one hell of a fight, but we can do it. Thing is, we can save her if we use the red liquid on her. What's the catch ? You cannot use it on her when you're facing her, so even if you have the idea to try and use the strange liquid you will most likely achieve nothing and miss the opportunity to save Cybil.

167pnyg.jpg

119p4t4.jpg

This is some really tricky business, gentlemen. You actually have to spray the liquid on her back, for it to work, and that's one hard thing to do. Basically your best bet is to get close to her and when she starts smacking you with the gun (she wont shoot at very close range) you can use the liquid because she's turning her body around a bit...

a3zexz.jpg

2b1ydj.jpg

33a5ru0.jpg

Yes, we did it !

ibku8i.jpg

iwog9l.jpg

oput03.jpg

27y8nih.jpg

30ti745.jpg

4twq44.jpg

2lw8z20.jpg

Holy shit ! :shock:

23tnlz8.jpg

29lbek3.jpg

DIE FILTHY PARASITE !!

rk77ti.jpg

1551jyc.jpg

That felt good :smug:

1z192qa.jpg

24drfkn.jpg

256hahe.jpg

212y4cj.jpg

This one of the very rare points the game actually let's you feel that the situation might get better. Believe me this feeling wont last long...

ogxxdj.jpg

fabedc.png
Why her ?

30rtk7m.png
I'm not sure, myself. But you know... Cheryl isn't my biological daughter.

fabedc.png
She's not ?

30rtk7m.png
I actually haven't told her yet. She probably already knows though. We found her abandoned on the side of the highway.

fabedc.png

30rtk7m.png
Nobody knew where she came from. We didn't have any kids of our own. My wife was sick, and it didn't look like she was getting any better. So we took Cheryl in.

fabedc.png
So, in that case...

30rtk7m.png
...There might be some connection between Cheryl and this town.

fabedc.png
So what do you do now ?

30rtk7m.png
Cheryl is my daughter. I *will* save her. No matter what.

And with these words, we step outside the carousel.

wtw5e.jpg

1y6176.jpg

Hey... Is someone there ?

3127pjs.jpg

Alessa. We found her.

euof1k.jpg

30rtk7m.png
Hold it right there. I don't know who you are, what you are trying to do, and I don't care. Just one thing. Let Cheryl go. That's all I ask.

28qyt7q.jpg

Huh ?

15x1qv8.jpg

2e37fpg.jpg

2w2lmqt.jpg

Dammit !

10z9zxu.jpg

2s13n21.jpg

We try to get back to her, but...

2chtfm.jpg

33abayc.jpg

An invisible wall blocks our way. And then something happens :

6pxhqd.jpg

343lr81.jpg

It's that thing the old hag gave us, the Flauros !

4taetu.jpg

3y3ba.jpg

2dl6cx.jpg

What the hell is going on ?!

ehlog5.jpg

23kfa15.jpg

23mypg.jpg

264mf6a.jpg

6tmudg.jpg

It worked ! We've stopped the freak ! We won !!

2nuq16o.jpg

30rtk7m.png
Give me back my daughter !

Just then, a figure steps onto our little stage...

mc7zep.jpg

Mrs. Dahlia Gillespie. Why do I have a bad feeling about this ?

308b1g0.jpg

2hmohat.jpg

qmx0rd.jpg

30rtk7m.png
Where's Cheryl ? Where is she ?!

She completely ignores us.

mts9bp.png
Alessa. this is the end of your little game.

2cdk510.png
Mama...

30rtk7m.png
Huh ? Could she be... ?

mts9bp.png
You've been a ghastly little pest, haven't you, Alessa ? I was careless. Thinking you couldn't escape from our spell.

2qce8hj.jpg

mts9bp.png
That's why I couldn't catch you all by myself. But what a pity, yes ? Now you're half indebted to this man for his help.

The game was rigged from the start.

30rtk7m.png
Hey ! What are you talking about ?

mts9bp.png
Alessa. My dear little girl... There is one thing left I need you to do for me.

2cdk510.png
No. Get away from me !

mts9bp.png
You're a bad girl, Alessa.

2af0f83.jpg

mts9bp.png
It's all set now...

2cdk510.png
AHH !!!

2hcmbz7.jpg

2uswqb8.jpg

rc7c6a.jpg

Oh crap.

14kk3kw.jpg

1zokgi9.jpg

34smoh3.jpg

Dream within dream, nightmare within nightmare and Harry always gets the shortest straw...

2mync5y.jpg

30rtk7m.png
What happened ? Where's Alessa and Dahlia ?

2isxvmh.png
Harry, listen. Something you said before has been bothering me. I just can't get it out of my head.

30rtk7m.png
What is it Lisa ?

2isxvmh.png
So I went to look in the basement. Even though I was scared as hell. Like you said, there were these creepy rooms, but nothing really unusual down there...

30rtk7m.png
Go on...

2isxvmh.png
But while I was down there, I got this weird feeling. Like I'd been there before. Like something happened there, but I can't quite remember somehow.

30rtk7m.png
What was it ?

t0rdy9.jpg

2isxvmh.png
I'm so scared. I can't take this.

30rtk7m.png
Hey, it's only a temporary thing. You're in shock from when you were knocked out.

2isxvmh.png
No...

r1lclt.jpg

xn92ya.jpg

r7k4n8.jpg

2hhqfc3.jpg

Women. She just run out of the room without saying anything.

27zgprb.jpg

:BOOMING SOUND:

b88yl0.jpg

:BOOMING SOUND:

671jcz.jpg

25tzqwx.jpg

This clusterfuck has no end. Well, there's a notepad here. We should save .

2crmt88.jpg

2u6gpqo.jpg

Nowhere. That's where we are.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
ghostdog said:

:retarded:

Ghostdog, speak the truth. Did you come up with the way to save Cybil on your own? I see no way one could connect the red liquid with the parasites.

Apart from that

:thumbsup:

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Mrowak said:
Ghostdog, speak the truth. Did you come up with the way to save Cybil on your own? I see no way one could connect the red liquid with the parasites.

Apart from the riveting chat with mr. Parker, I didn't add anything new. ;)

And yeah, the liquid has no apparent connection with the parasites as you basically know nothing about it except for the fact that Kaufmann wanted it desperately and that someone tried to destroy the vial at the hospital. If it was Kaufmann, or someone else that destroyed it, we don't know.

The fact that you don't really know anything about the liquid makes it so hard to achieve the Good+ ending. Not to mention that you also have to apply the liquid on her back. Basically if you play for a first time, you'll most likely have to kill Cybil. If you pursued the Kaufmann subquest, then you'll see later on that the liquid has some extraordinary abilities, and you may suspect that it could also cure Cybil.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
spekkio said:
ghostdog said:
LOL, I've checked this on GameFags.
Fixed. ;)

Actually no. When I played the game in 2000 in the psx with a friend, I didn't even have Internet available. We learned this from a video games mag. :oops:

EDIT: ah, at a first quick glance I thought Mrowak was just referring to how difficult is to guess about the liquid, not if I found it myself. I didn't ;) reading is teh hard.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom