Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Question for the Bethesda devs, about Oblivion.

HellFire

Novice
Why did you decide to change the sword level skill system? Also why did you make it where you are unable to kill certain quest givers? Please explain.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Don't you think that questions to developers should be posted at the official forums? Also, why ask questions when you already know the answers?

Fez

Erudite
Saint's been trying to keep that project under wraps until Oblivion is launched. This thread will have to be deleted, sorry.

Greatatlantic

Erudite
Too be fair, Codex does get visited by Mr. Smiley Face Dude, a beth employee, fairly often. Especially when there is a news post about Oblivion. But, the best place to get a developers personal reply, is no surprise: the developers message board. Duh! I'm sure their reason will have something to do with making the combat more satisfying, however.

Atrokkus

Erudite
Actually, Bethesda devs are the most frequent dev-visitors here.
Haven't seen anyone from Obsidian in ages... well, Fearus did post once lately, i guess.
Have MCA ever posted here?

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
mEtaLL1x said:
Have MCA ever posted here?

MCA said we r teh h8rz. Then again, MCA can be a little bit of a girlie man. Plus he's going bald.

I don't agree with a lot of the design/production decisions in Oblivion, but MSFD seems fairly okay in my book. He needs to slip BUMPMAPPED NIPPLES in to the game, though.

jiujitsu

Cipher
Project: Eternity
Fallout 3 priorities - by Saint_Proverbius:

1. BUMPMAPPED NIPPLES

2. turn ba....

You get the idea. :lol:

Crazy Tuvok

Liturgist
Saint_Proverbius said:
MCA said we r teh h8rz. Then again, MCA can be a little bit of a girlie man. Plus he's going bald.

I don't agree with a lot of the design/production decisions in Oblivion, but MSFD seems fairly okay in my book. He needs to slip BUMPMAPPED NIPPLES in to the game, though.

Yeah but I always got a kick out of MCA's posts. It was always a fucking hoot back in the day to see how riled up Saint could get Feargie, MCA et al over on the ole BIS boards.

MSFD gets props in my book just for coming back here and moreover posting to VD's latest Oblivion rant.

Rulion

Liturgist
Crazy Tuvok said:
MSFD gets props in my book just for coming back here and moreover posting to VD's latest Oblivion rant.
And he's always so cheery, too. If I was in his place, I would be foaming at the mouth and posting pictures of the Vault Dweller surfing a tubgirl wave.
Crazy Tuvok said:
Yeah but I always got a kick out of MCA's posts. It was always a fucking hoot back in the day to see how riled up Saint could get Feargie, MCA et al over on the ole BIS boards.
Heh! I don't suppose anyone kept any old screencaps or logs of it? : [

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Crazy Tuvok said:

I think my favorite memory of that forum was when I insulted one of the BIS forum regulars, and Puuk thought I was insulting him. Then Puuk threatenned to never reply to me again if I kept insulting him. I pointing out I was insulting the nice man who insulted me, and I wasn't insulting him.. Then added, "But I don't care if you stop replying to me or this thread. You're not adding anything to the conversation anyway."

Good times.

I don't think you CAN rile up Feargus though. Feargus is like the proverbial duck's back. Maybe he hides it well in public and secretly beats up MCA in the back room to purge his anger.

I'm just waiting for the day when MSFD's had all can handle and can't take any more.. The day when he tears in to VD like David Gaider tears in to a buffet table. That'll be sweet.

kathode

Novice
Developer
Role-Player said:
Greatatlantic said:
Too be fair, Codex does get visited by Mr. Smiley Face Dude, a beth employee, fairly often.

Kathode used to pass by once in a while as well. Haven't seen him around lately.
I'm here at least 2-3 times a week. Just don't respond that much because I feel the discourse would be pretty predictable :)

I am pleased to see that apparently Vault Dweller is now posting on Elderscrolls.com forums. I seriously believe him to be secretly obsessed with our game :lol:

MrSmileyFaceDude

Bethesda Game Studios
Developer
Saint_Proverbius said:
I'm just waiting for the day when MSFD's had all can handle and can't take any more.. The day when he tears in to VD like David Gaider tears in to a buffet table. That'll be sweet.

Hah, I'm too old for that sorta thing! :lol:

Crazy Tuvok

Liturgist
I'm not looking to cause trouble or anything MSFD but at lunch Dweller said he would totally kick your ass after gym...

Atrokkus

Erudite
2 Bethesda devs: you guys have same avatars so I sometimes confused who is who ^_^
You should get Anime-girls with axe or sumething O_O

kris

Arcane
Crazy Tuvok said:
I'm not looking to cause trouble or anything MSFD but at lunch Dweller said he would totally kick your ass after gym...

We should rename him to "Lunch Dweller" :D

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Crazy Tuvok said:

MSFD: I guess you don't care what VD said about your guinea pig. ... Oh nothing, except that you stick it up your ass every night before you go to bed..

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom