Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's walk the streets of Silent Hill (Complete !)

Heresiarch

Prophet
Try go back up the staircase.

And someone should post the music inside the alternate hospital.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
oldmanpaco said:
Where's mah update?

rancewrathclear.png

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Where were we ? Oh yes, in the Hellish version of Alchemilla Hospital. Where nurses try to stab you with knives and doctors want to eat your heart out... A regular public hospital.

Code:
Chapter XV:

o    o                    8          .oPYo.              .oo    .oPYo. 8          o         
 8    8                    8          8    8             .P 8    8    8 8          8         
o8oooo8 .oPYo. .oPYo. .oPYo8 .oPYo.   8    8 odYo.      .P  8   o8YooP' 8 .oPYo.  o8P .oPYo. 
 8    8 8oooo8 .oooo8 8    8 Yb..     8    8 8' `8     oPooo8    8      8 .oooo8   8  8oooo8 
 8    8 8.     8    8 8    8   'Yb.   8    8 8   8    .P    8    8      8 8    8   8  8.     
 8    8 `Yooo' `YooP8 `YooP' `YooP'   `YooP' 8   8   .P     8    8      8 `YooP8   8  `Yooo' 
:..:::..:.....::.....::.....::.....::::.....:..::..::..:::::..:::..:::::..:.....:::..::.....:
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Let's get our bearings.

2l8vpua.jpg

I guess we'll check room 301 first...

4ret92.jpg

Nothing but a rusty blood-red birdcage. Apparently it's empty. I wonder what bird it was for... probably an evil parrot.

29y0qs.jpg

Room 302 is next... it offers us another notepad to write down our story and something even more interesting...

2zgc6cm.jpg

vqmjao.jpg

30rtk7m.png
A TV with a VCR. Old but usable.

Cool, maybe we'll get the chance to watch some cursed video tapes. Let's move on. Room 303 is inaccessible but 304 is unlock- SHIT !

f0ojr6.jpg

122lmyx.jpg

The chainsaw saves us, but we'll need a healing drink. Is there anything of importance in here, or did we risk our neck for nothing ?

iwpv6s.jpg

6eg5dl.jpg

30rtk7m.png
Hmmm, I wonder what it's for...

You and me both, buddy. Unfortunately right now we have no use for it, let's continue our trek through the dark corridors. I think a visit to the men's room is in order...

33jr3h3.jpg

286yidk.jpg

There's something by the window...

33ldm4j.jpg

You don't say. Let's have a closer look.

30rtk7m.png
It's a square, blue plate with a picture of a "Mock Turtle"

A "Mock Turtle" ? Now where have I heard that before ?
Nevermind, we should move on. We enter the Linen Room.

mma5hc.jpg

Just some dryers here, nothing important. The back door leads to the east corridor of the 3rd floor :

5w0388.jpg

Where another darling nurse awaits. She wants to give us an enema, but we refuse politely. She doesn't take no for an answer -we give her the chainsaw treatment.

2vxhj50.jpg

The Storage room behind us is mostly filled with junk but we find some useful things...

2znmk36.jpg

dbs7td.jpg

A blood pack... I wonder if Vandal works here. Eh, nevermind. Anything else ?

2h5ibk2.jpg

We better leave then. At the end of the corridor, room 306 has something to offer...

2dt7nvb.jpg

258z5eb.jpg

That's the second plate we find. A closer examination tells us that...

30rtk7m.png
The yellow plate has a picture of a "Cheshire Cat".

Ok, I'm starting to see a pattern here. After a brief contemplation on the nature of the square plates, we decide to visit the second floor.

2rhpr0j.jpg

2wdys7d.jpg

Uh-oh. A nurse stumbles around at the edge of darkness. She smells fresh meat and comes closer. We shall not yield.

2ldd6y8.jpg

There's a slate on the wall, let's have a look.

iop7cj.jpg

2ezpefn.jpg

No idea what that means, but it doesn't look good. Maybe we'll find out later. For now let's search the rest of the rooms... Hey, what's that ?

332c8x0.jpg

30rtk7m.png
It's a lighter. Better take it with me.

Good,it might come in handy. The rest of the west rooms are barred, except for room 204. We open the door and...

2vwh3ld.jpg

RADIO HISSING

Damn! Are there monsters in here ? We wait but nothing attacks us. we take a few steps forward and spot something moving in the other side of the room...

ormsfk.jpg

Oh shit.

nqpmye.jpg

Fiery tentacles arise from the edge of the floor and snap at anything that tires to approach. Above them there's something on the wall. Something we'll probably need.

10n6qz9.jpg

Tentacle rape is unavoidable in Japanese games, it seems. The pistol is useless, let's see if the chainsaw can help us avoid tasteful rape.

2432a29.jpg

Nothing. The tentacles just continue moving frantically hitting ass and leg.

30rtk7m.png
Wait a minute. If it's blood this thing wants, maybe we should give it blood...

Harry, you're a fucking genius. Let's feed it some blood and preferably not our own...

xnccr6.jpg

2n6adeb.jpg

zwkoc1.jpg

vr625l.jpg

Mind over matter. :smug:. We get our prize.

33arnvd.jpg

So, we have the plates of a Mock Turtle, a Cheshire Cat and a Mad Hatter. Only this isn't Alice In Wonderland, it's moar liek Alice In Hell.

This Hospital is full of goddamn plates. At the end of the corridor we find another one.

35k8s3m.jpg

29zyhkn.jpg

A clean slate. I wish I could say that we could restart on one, but no. We can't get so easily out of this nightmare. Harry must give everything he's got, just to keep his sanity.

2r41s2f.jpg

Hmm, it seems the only way to reach the east ward is through the nurse center. I don't like the sound of this.

20qdwk5.jpg

Surprisingly, we don't find any nurses here. Only a bloody note on the wall and a strange mechanism on the door.

acegr4.jpg

Let's investigate...

2wpiiq0.jpg

nxrprr.jpg

Crap. We'll need 4 plates to solve this puzzle and we only have 3. The note gives some clues but it's worthless if we don't have all of the plates. So, we better find them.

Wait a second, what if we overlooked something in the 4th floor ? Maybe we should head back up...

1250qqa.jpg

HOLY SHIT. Where did the 4th floor go ?

2nmuq9.jpg

Another carefully calculated mindfuck... inside another mindfuck. It's a goddamn mindfuck orgy here.
Let's gather what little mind hasn't been fucked yet and go down to the first floor.

111iihs.jpg

The radio starts hissing, our skin starts to crawl and we know we're not alone.

maypg5.jpg

Well hello there ! Hmm, it doesn't look like one of the nurses...

2d9zlgn.jpg

Nope. It's one of the good doctors.

qpnnl4.jpg

120gkci.jpg

These bastards are stronger and meaner than the nurses.

ibz529.jpg

Let's enter the main hall, I hope we don't have to face many of th-

8xk200.jpg

FATANG' RYELTH ! (Oh crap ! in Chtulhian)

i69hyp.jpg

28858js.jpg

Advice: If you have a natural fear of doctors, you should think twice before playing the game. On the other hand, if you have a natural fear of female nurses... you're a fag.

Any hopes that this was the normal Hospital that has just some areas destroyed by a fire or something, are gone. It's evident now that we're in that... "other" place.
I wonder if we can reach the entrance lobby. We try to go through the medicine room, but...

314clqw.jpg

30rtk7m.png
A faint sound is heard from beyond the door...

Hmm, whatever it is, our way is blocked. We decide to search the rest of the rooms. As we enter the kitchen we're greeted by another doctor.

2yopkyv.jpg

ery53s.jpg

Knife vs Chainsaw 0-1.
The only room we haven't yet checked is the director's office. In the normal hospital we found the broken vial, this time we find...

2ds9qa.jpg

...The final plate :smug:

Ok. All accessible areas have been explored. Except for the basement. I hate the basement. I think we'll need a drink before we go there...

dfbrdu.jpg

Unexpectedly, the vending machine is generous. I wonder why ?

2lwazqu.jpg

As we enter the basement radio static warns us for imminent buttseks.

14ugton.jpg

Bah, we can easily deal with one of them...

ngyqrq.jpg
How about two of them ? :evil grin:

HUH ?

aaavs8.jpg

:rage:

One nurse holds our hands while the other hacks away at our back...

21b7kv6.jpg

30rtk7m.png
GET. OFF. ME !!

:WHAM:

5ybv5k.jpg

The Chainsaw isn't gonna cut it. One of them always immobilizes Harry and the other stabs. We'll have to finish this quickly.

:GRABS SHOTGUN:

5ewlxs.jpg

316413m.jpg

2n9gc2b.jpg

We got hurt bad. We use a health drink to ease the pain and then decide to check the morgue. Lousy idea, I know.

25ri0zd.jpg

OH GOD NOT THIS SHIT AGAIN !!!!!!!

2mbr5.jpg

:BERSERK:
berserk202ks55762.jpg

5efhqg.gif

We survive on rage alone...
When things finally calm down, we have a look around.

2e5k4r9.jpg

30rtk7m.png
I think I'll leave all these bodies alone. I've had enough excitement the last few hours.

Pussy.

Apart from a couple of healing items there's nothing more in the morgue. Only room left to check out is the one with the generator. Are we're going to find hordes of rabid nurses in there too ?

hx0mqo.jpg

Apparently not. Hey, what's that on the left ?

dphm4g.jpg

At last some reward for our efforts. A new weapon !

1ywhgh.jpg

I think we're permitted to feel a bit smug right now...
2aio3zn.gif

The hammer actually works better than the chainsaw against the nurses and doctors.

Ok, enough with the smugness. Let's head back to the elaborately locked door in the 3rd floor.

acegr4.jpg

The note reads :

Clouds flowing over a hill.

Sky on a sunny day.

Tangerines that are bitter.

Lucky four-leaf-clover.

Violets in the garden.

Dandelions along a path.

Unavoidable sleeping time.

Liquid flowing from a slashed wrist.

Let's have another look at the locking mechanism on the door :

nxrprr.jpg

The four plates we have are :

308wqhk.jpg
Square, blue plate with a picture of a 'Mock Turtle.'

1ih3ph.jpg
Square, yellow plate with a picture of a 'Cheshire Cat.'

6octjk.jpg
Square, green plate with a picture of a 'Mad Hatter.'

rsha38.jpg
Square, red plate with a picture of a 'Queen of Hearts.'

Yup, you've guessed right. It's Puzzle/Riddle time ! Can Harry solve it by himslef ?

30rtk7m.png
Unnhhh... My head... can't think straight...

Once more it's in your hands, Codex, to help our valiant Hero go through this nightmare. Remember, cute little girl lives are at stake !

:bro:

You must place the four plates in the correct position on the four empty spaces you see on the mechanism. The note will help you. It's an easier puzzle this time.
As always :
Don't you DARE use any walkthroughs or metagaming knowledge ! There are some people reading this LP that haven't played the game, right ? Be a true BRO and solve it yourselves ! If you've played the game and don't remember the answer, feel free to try too, but take a good look at yourself and make sure you're a BRO, before doing so.

Fire away !

I vaguely remember this puzzle:

Lets see if I can clear the cobwebs from my memory:

Sky=Blue Plate

Four leaf clover=Green Plate

Dandelions=Yellow Plate

Slashed wrist=Red Plate

Mrowak

Arcane
So do the plates go onto the glowing squares on the cross or do they go into the three sockets at the each corner of the main square? Is either positioning significant to the riddle?

Ghostdog, extra :thumbsup: for the chainsaw rage!

Oops...ahh...yes...I was incorrect with the order.

Kz3r0 I believe has it right.

V
V
V
V
V

Kz3r0

Arcane
From the right upper corner going clockwise:
Blue
Green
Yellow
Red.

Edit:
For better undestanding:

Upper right, Turtle
Lower right ,Hatter
Lower left, Cat
Upper left, Queen.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Yup, Kz3r0 nailed it.

:thumbsup: :salute:

It basically has to with color and not what each plate depicts. The already placed plates are :

Clouds = White
Tangerines = Orange
Violets = Violet (duh)
Sleep = Black.

So you just have to place the other colors according to the poem.

Murk

Arcane
So err... what about that purple thing? You never commented on it, what is that?

vqmjao.jpg

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
^ Ah, yes, sorry. It's just a common pack of shotgun shells. I thought I had shown it previously.

Murk

Arcane
Oh hurr, I for some reason thought those were red like the boxes of bullets.

CARRY ON GOOD SIR

Mrowak

Arcane
Mikayel said:
Oh hurr, I for some reason thought those were red like the boxes of bullets.

CARRY ON GOOD SIR

Yes, MOAR, as soon as you can. :salute:

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Finally, with the help of hivemind we found the solution to this colorful puzzle.

Clouds flowing over a hill = White plate
Sky on a sunny day = Blue "Mock Turtle" plate
Tangerines that are bitter = Orange plate
Lucky four-leaf-clover = Green "Mad Hatter" plate
Violets in the garden = Violet plate
Dandelions along a path = Yellow "Cheshire Cat" plate
Unavoidable sleeping time = Grey plate
Liquid flowing from a slashed wrist = Red "Queen of Hearts" plate

efnlaq.jpg

Let's see what lies on the other side of the looking glass...

sfw3fk.jpg

Code:
Chapter XVI :

ooo.                                                                     o  8               o     o              8        .oPYo. 
8  `8.                                                                   8  8               8b   d8              8        ``  `8 
8   `8 .oPYo.   o    o .oPYo. o    o   o   o   o .oPYo. .oPYo. oPYo.    o8P 8oPYo. .oPYo.   8`b d'8 .oPYo. oPYo. 8  .o       .oP 
8    8 8    8   8    8 8    8 8    8   Y. .P. .P 8oooo8 .oooo8 8  `'     8  8    8 8oooo8   8 `o' 8 .oooo8 8  `' 8oP'       dP   
8   .P 8    8   8    8 8    8 8    8   `b.d'b.d' 8.     8    8 8         8  8    8 8.       8     8 8    8 8     8 `b.           
8ooo'  `YooP'   `YooP8 `YooP' `YooP'    `Y' `Y'  `Yooo' `YooP8 8         8  8    8 `Yooo'   8     8 `YooP8 8     8  `o.     88   
.....:::.....::::....8 :.....::.....:::::..::..:::.....::.....:..::::::::..:..:::..:.....:::..::::..:.....:..::::..::...::::...::
::::::::::::::::::ooP'.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
::::::::::::::::::...::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

What a surprise. The other side isn't any friendlier.

2iowsg.jpg

The hammer works wonders here. Not only does it do a lot of damage, but it also throws the nurse back.

292qr0p.jpg

As the nurse falls on the ground she starts spasming frantically. We have to stomp on her , eh..., crotch, to make her stand still.

54dsgg.jpg

2meu34n.jpg

We enter the operating rooms to find them teeming with evil nurses. By hook *and* by crook we prevail.

rh1zxt.jpg

There's something on the operating table:

2zzsx75.jpg

Now we know our destination. But first let's check out the Intensive care unit. As we enter the room the radio warns us for imminent danger...

2myyasz.jpg

The nurse gets hammered by our long, glorious, red rod. (Damn, I'm starting to write like Terry Goodkind)

2w23i9h.jpg

2nk18ox.gif

Ok, that was disturbing. Our efforts aren't in vein though, as we find a bottle of alcohol here...

33kx1l0.jpg

If nothing else, we could drink it to forget our sorrows. Unfortunately we can't find any glue to sniff on.

30rtk7m.png
I think it's time to go back to the basement...

Yeah. Let's ride the elevator down...

zul6wo.jpg

...And get to that locked storage room.

21j3bxk.jpg

I wonder what's so important about this room. We have a look around...

2d10l8j.jpg

Anything else ?

30rtk7m.png
Just bottles filled with some kind of drug. Better not mess with them.

So, is that it ? Hmm... there's a cabinet on the wall, but...

2ymg0hc.jpg

Hey, what are these marks on the floor ?

30rtk7m.png
Skid marks. The cabinet must have been moved.

A-HA ! Let's push the cabinet !

33adypz.jpg

e824qq.jpg

Who would have guessed... A secret door !

alsx2c.jpg

We enter to find some empty boxes and a grate on the floor...

2jai9g9.jpg

29xdoqx.jpg

2qmg000.jpg

All right ! :D

30rtk7m.png
I can't move the grate. The vines have grown around it.

Damn :(

Apparently, all our weapons are useless against these hellish vines. Wait a minute, don't we have a lighter ? Maybe we can set them on fire !

2zegq4i.jpg

sgu4gw.jpg

Crap. I wanted to avoid this, but we'll have to use our precious alcohol.

214xvl1.jpg

2jb6va.jpg

And now we light them up...

2ywg48y.jpg

2rxyw0n.jpg

n7sx4.jpg

:thumbsup:

The way is now open.

dewemq.jpg

We find ourselves in a long corridor. What on earth lies here, beneath the hospital ?

2pru4o4.jpg

2n1i25i.jpg

After a long unnerving walk, we reach a door.

5eu1br.jpg

Things have been pretty quiet so far...

They have, haven't they ?

Leisurely solving puzzles...

you could say it's almost peaceful.

OH SHI-

x423nt.jpg

Ok. I'll shut up now.

29xaijc.jpg

n6qmg2.jpg

Finally, we take them down. We'll have to use a health kit to stop the bleeding though. Harry wishes he woke up from this nightmare, but the dream just gets worse.

x51r2t.jpg

30rtk7m.png
The hospital map doesn't show this area... what was this place for ?

I would also like to know this... let's explore the rooms.

72ri2d.jpg

Another nurse gets hammered down. And what do we have here ?

2zftnad.jpg

Well, well, maybe we can put that VCR on the 3rd floor to good use. It's funny how video-tapes have come to attain an aura of mysticism through the years. Videodrome may have played a small part in this.

307ujk9.jpg

All other doors in this corridor are barred, except the last one. We turn the handle and step in...

20frl2a.jpg

30rtk7m.png
Looks like someone's been here...

10mnf9f.jpg

30jmwrk.jpg

2889t2s.jpg

Alessa ?

Isn't that the same photo Harry saw in his dream after the car accident ? Could this be the schoolgirl we've been seeing in visions, when we shift through the various states of Silent Hill ? What does she have to do with all this ? What is her picture doing here in this room ? What is-- Ok, I better stop with all the questions and have a look around.

14lnc0j.jpg

2m7gqjs.jpg

Who would indeed...
So, we've got the examination room key, but first we'll go to the 3rd floor and see what the video tape is all about.

2dqogmh.jpg

ilki95.jpg

2n1arug.jpg

We insert the tape...

2rhn1o2.jpg

11uda2p.jpg

There's a lot of snow and we can't make out anything from the image. Only fragmented sound can be heard through the static. A few words here and there...

-----------------------
------- don't ---------
-----------------------
get --------- puls-----
-----------------------
------ just bare-------
-----------------------
---- skin is ----------
-----------------------
Even when I ch---------
-----------------------
-----------------------
---zing thro-----------
-----------------------
Why -------------------
----------------chil---
-----------------------
--- won't tell --------
-----------------------

xarw1z.jpg

And thus the video ends. Was it a message from the future ? Was it a medical report ? Was it a confession ? ...Or something else entierly ? Make your own assumptions. For now, I guess we'll head back down to the examination room...

2mwcy8y.jpg

jhtpmr.jpg

Something's in here... We heard a faint sound as we were about to enter. The radio is quiet though...

29ndoi0.jpg

264n8u0.jpg

j9a6ux.jpg

i3yjav.jpg

v4330n.jpg

2yl1abk.jpg

wmnlug.jpg

qnwj0p.jpg

2qs6ryb.jpg

54vdxc.jpg

vcw4qr.jpg

One of the finest moments in CGI history :smug:

ilzsro.jpg

30rtk7m.png
Who are you ?

11j93co.png
My name's Lisa Garland. What's yours ?

30rtk7m.png
Harry Mason.

11j93co.png
Harry, tell me, what's happening here ? Where is everybody ? I must have been knocked out...

k4i5vs.jpg

11j93co.png
It's awful...

30rtk7m.png
So you don't know anything either. Great.

30rtk7m.png
I just don't get it. It's like this is all some kind of bad dream.

11j93co.png
Yeah. A living nightmare.

o5xjbl.jpg

30rtk7m.png
Short, black hair. Seven years old.

11j93co.png
A seven-year-old girl ? She's your daughter ?

30rtk7m.png
Yes.

11j93co.png
A seven-year-old girl... I can't say that I have. I was unconscious all this time. I'm sorry.

30rtk7m.png
That's alright. Do you know anything about all that weird stuff in the basement ?

11j93co.png
No. Why ? Is there something down there ?

30rtk7m.png
You don't know ? Don't you work here ?

11j93co.png
We're under strict orders never to enter the basement storeroom. So I really don't know. What did you say was down there ?

1gkcxw.jpg

WHEN SUDDENLY :
SIRENS

30rtk7m.png
Arrgggghhh !

SIRENS

2yocn82.jpg

SIRENS

2a974t4.jpg

SIRENS

1fy80x.jpg

Fade to black.

309iidl.jpg

:MiNdFuCk:

cjq8i.jpg

pnfy9.jpg

VOICE: You were too late.

afewxw.jpg

Who-

4kcswm.jpg

We bump onto the crazy old had once again. At least now we know her name. She better come clean.

1yrh1w.jpg

mts9bp.png
Darkness. The town is being devoured by darkness.

30rtk7m.png
Uh-uh ?

mts9bp.png
Strength must overcome petty desire. Childish sleep talk. I knew this day would come.

WAT

30rtk7m.png
What are you talking about ? I don't understand a word of this.

mts9bp.png
Believe the evidence of your eyes.

2aord0.jpg

Other Church ?

bgo7so.jpg

2ds3j7m.jpg

30rtk7m.png
So that's what I saw in the schoolyard. What does it mean ?

mts9bp.png
It is the mark of Samael... Don't let it be completed.

30rtk7m.png
What do you mean ?

2wfib7c.jpg

33uqwzq.jpg

Damn, another super-fast escape from the old hag. She left something behind though...

o5re6o.jpg

Antiques shop huh ? A closer look gives us more info :

dcx4d1.jpg

Green Lion, we know this shop. We tried to enter it before, but found the door locked. Afterwards, we saw that girl going in. So, now we know our next destination.

2gv6ctz.jpg

A girl called Allessa... Secret medical facilities in the basement... the mark of Samael... old hag Dahlia Gillespie... sexy nurse Lisa Garland... How does it all fit together ?!

Answers come to those who wait... (alternate version of the epilogue)

TRIVIA said:

SAMAEL :

2e2hzs5.jpg

Samael (also Sammael, perhaps "Venom of God") is an important archangel in Talmudic and post-Talmudic lore, a figure who is accuser, seducer and destroyer, and has been regarded as both good and evil. It is said that he was the guardian angel of Esau and a patron of the empire of Rome.

Also called Sammael and Samil, he is considered in legend both a member of the heavenly host (with often grim and destructive duties) and a fallen angel, equatable with Satan and the chief of the evil spirits. One of Samael's greatest roles in Jewish lore is that of the angel of death. In this capacity he is a fallen angel but nevertheless remains one of the Lord's servants.

ghostdog said:

Never trust a crazy old hag that wears a red pin stripe tie. :lol:

As an aside--interestingly enough--Dahlia Gillespie was named after a former wife of master horror director Dario Argento.

ecliptic

Liturgist
ghostdog said:
Dahlia Gillespie in Silent Hill : Shattered Memories :

dahliasexualized.png

WAT

Ultra-LOL

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom