Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's walk the streets of Silent Hill (Complete !)

Thrombone

Educated
rockdrill

Chainsaw!

evil-dead-2.jpg

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Results :

CHAINSAW : 8

ROCK DRILL : 3

I think we'll stop the voting here, the hivemind has chosen... our weapon of choice will be the... CHAINSAW !

hollywood_chainsaw_hookers.jpg

The rock drill is actually a better weapon, but what the hell, the chainsaw is always fun.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
The hivemind has given its command. We shall wield the CHAINSAW in our battle against demons, hallucinations and bad dreams.

23hnk49.jpg

2cfyyvn.jpg

:yeah:

kf15c1.jpg

I think that somewhere in you mind you can hear the glorious "vroom, vroom" sounds. Now we're ready for anything ! Or so we think... Let's find out what lies on the other side of the bridge.

28m34i.jpg

Code:
Chapter XIII :

.oo 8        8                      o 8 8           o    o                       o   o         8 
    .P 8 8        8                        8 8           8    8                           8         8 
   .P  8 8 .oPYo. 8oPYo. .oPYo. ooYoYo. o8 8 8 .oPYo.   o8oooo8 .oPYo. .oPYo. .oPYo. o8  o8P .oPYo. 8 
  oPooo8 8 8    ' 8    8 8oooo8 8' 8  8  8 8 8 .oooo8    8    8 8    8 Yb..   8    8  8   8  .oooo8 8 
 .P    8 8 8    . 8    8 8.     8  8  8  8 8 8 8    8    8    8 8    8   'Yb. 8    8  8   8  8    8 8 
.P     8 8 `YooP' 8    8 `Yooo' 8  8  8  8 8 8 `YooP8    8    8 `YooP' `YooP' 8YooP'  8   8  `YooP8 8 
..:::::....:.....:..:::..:.....:..:..:..:......:.....::::..:::..:.....::.....:8 ....::..::..::.....:..
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::8 ::::::::::::::::::::::
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::..::::::::::::::::::::::

30hypuw.jpg

Here we are. Let's have a look at the map.

vdguc1.jpg

The Hospital is far down to the south, but I think we'll explore the rest of the area first. Let's head to the east-

9ibkgj.jpg

What the hell is that ? It seems that we've found a new kind of monster. I believe it's time we tested that chainsaw...

5m0ivs.jpg

9llxls.jpg

That's it... let's slowly advance near and...

FUCK !!! IT SUDDENLY JUMPED ON US !!!

ilawpz.jpg

:furiously hits action button:

:POW:
2vv6t0h.jpg

34yvd6g.jpg

DIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

mt76sx.jpg

29z6bup.jpg

2nthj4g.jpg

Phew, it's finally dead. You've just witnessed the awesome power of the Chainsaw but also its disadvantage at not being able to hold back the monsters. The Rock Drill would have nailed that thing in its place.

Let's meet our new friend...

xlcpb8.png

ROMPER :
A powerful apelike monster in Silent Hill that attacks with a body blow and pins down its victim. These monsters leap or "romp" around at high speeds while laughing dementedly. It's best to avoid them. If you decide to tackle them, strong ranged weapons are advised. As far as special melee weapons are concerned, the Rock Drill is your best bet.

So, if you want to use the Chainsaw you must try to surprise them from behind and run in a zig-zag to confuse them. Basically it takes finesse and luck to kill one of them unharmed. Let's see how good we are...

6i4tip.jpg

:sneaks up:

t5sv0y.jpg

:quickly runs and attacks:

2ylnx4k.jpg

112eqdj.jpg

1248won.jpg

That went smoothly :smug:

Hmm ? It seems the battle brought us to the Silent Hill Police Station. Let's see if we can enter...

2cxgfbn.jpg

We can !

6jne2p.jpg

15rhx0n.jpg

We replenish our ammo and search the offices...

1042jyf.jpg

30rtk7m.png
There's something written on the chalk-board...

There is ?

33u90d0.jpg

Product only available in selected areas of Silent Hill

Raw material is White Claudia, a plant peculiar to the region.

Manufactured here ?

Dealer = manufacturer ?

Hmm, the plot thickens. What's all this about a drug and does it have anything to do with the present situation ? We'll see. Let's search the desk :

358p9mp.jpg

1pwj1x.jpg

Coroner Seals called.

Officer Gucci is unlikely to have been murdered.
He apparently died naturally.

But medical records show Officer Gucci has no
prior symptoms of heart disease...

So officer Gucci, a healthy man, died of surprise heart attack. I wonder why...
We search the rest of the place but find nothing more. I guess it's time we left.

dm76g8.jpg

We run fast trying to evade any lurking monsters. We pass more crumbled roads and eventually we reach... an antique store ?

2bqzjn.jpg

sxy5iv.jpg

Since the door is open, we decide to explore further.

qzhrps.jpg

256ejxc.jpg

Hmm. Our exploration ends abruptly. Let's roam the streets once more.

5frl3c.jpg

Desolation and death await us at every turn...

2n9gxt2.jpg

2mwf9q8.jpg

24vsak5.jpg

A Deserted cafe along the way makes us feel even less welcome.

25tjbe0.jpg

I think it's time we headed for the Hospital.

205895l.jpg

ic6xp1.jpg

At last, the Alchemilla Hospital ! Maybe we'll finally find a place to rest and heal our wounds...

rhpf1t.jpg

HOLY SHIT !!!!

2mwgl80.jpg

The gun ! We must quickly switch weapons !

2zoafpf.jpg

fl963b.jpg

Not such a cozy place, after all. But what did you expect ?

2lae92e.jpg

Brushing aside our notions about rest we enter the building. Hmm, things look quiet enough...

25s8s2t.jpg

2i7qvz7.jpg

:BANG:

30rtk7m.png
A gunshot ?!

That can only mean one thing... We must investigate !

2md5p3n.jpg

I think it was behind this door...

167poub.jpg

30hpht5.jpg

t65cbb.jpg

soy1ky.jpg

33dyqza.jpg

2vxomdc.jpg

Someone's in here !

2i9j86e.jpg

DAMN, it seems we've startled him !

2qbri55.jpg

The SOB shot us !!

fc03g9.jpg

Thankfully, he's a lousy shot.

vgh9hc.jpg

30rtk7m.png
Wait ! ...I'm not here to fight.

6pom4w.png
...?!

30rtk7m.png
My name is Harry Mason. I'm in town on... vacation.

6pom4w.png
Thank God... Another human being.

fo2gxl.jpg

6pom4w.png
I'm Dr. Michael Kaufmann. I work at this hospital.

30rtk7m.png
So, maybe you can tell me what's going on ?

6pom4w.png
I really can't say. I was taking a nap in the staff room. When I woke up, it was like this.

30rtk7m.png
Where are the rest of the people ?

6pom4w.png
I don't know. Everyone seems to have disappeared. And it's snowing out... this time of year !

11i3hgj.jpg

6pom4w.png
Did you see those monsters ? Have you ever seen such aberrations ? Ever heard of such things ?

30rtk7m.png
No.

6pom4w.png
Of course not. You and I both know, creatures like that don't exist... Yet here they are !

30rtk7m.png
Huh-uh... Say, have you seen a little girl anywhere ? It's my daughter, she's only seven. Short, black hair.

6pom4w.png
She's missing ? I'm sorry. But with all these monsters around, I highly doubt that she's...

30rtk7m.png
:angry stare:

6pom4w.png
Sorry... I didn't mean to alarm you.

2echd13.jpg

qn048z.jpg

30rtk7m.png
She died four years ago. Now, it's just me and my daughter.

6pom4w.png
I see... I'm sorry. Well, I'd better get going. I can't just sit around here doing nothing.

30rtk7m.png
Wait a sec-

33tkmma.jpg

Damn ! He left.

2hxu9mq.jpg

A doctor, huh ? Why didn't he disappear like the rest of the citizens ? Where the hell is going, in such a hurry ? Is Cheryl inside the Hospital ? How does this herb called "White Claudia" fit into all this ?

But more importantly : Is it time to end this Chapter ? I'm afraid it is. See you next time... :salute:

MORE DAMN TRIVIA said:

• [*]The Streets in this part of town are also mostly named after horror/sci-fi novelists, only some of them are crappier than the ones in the 1st area.

- Carl Sagan is the exception, since he was an American astronomer, astrophysicist, author, cosmologist, and highly successful popularizer of astronomy, astrophysics and other natural sciences. He pioneered exobiology and promoted the Search for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence.

- Dean Koontz is a rather sub-par writer who is basically a poor imitation of Steven King. His only worth reading novel is probably "Phantoms" and it shares a lot of similarities with the Silent Hill setting.

- Colin Henry Wilson is a prolific British writer who first came to prominence as a philosopher and novelist. Wilson has since written widely on true crime, mysticism, and other topics.

- CRICHTON street is of course referring to Michael Crichton, another painfully mediocre writer. Hollywood loves to turn his books into movies.

- Dan Simmons is an American author most widely known for his Hugo Award-winning science fiction series, known as the Hyperion Cantos, and for his Locus-winning Ilium/Olympos cycle.

[*]The Alchemilla Hospital most likely takes its name from the real life genus of perennial plants, Alchemilla, also known as "Lady's Mantle". An Alchemilla is a plant in the Rosaceae family and is related to the word "Alchemy." The literal meaning of the word is "Little magical one".

marooned

Liturgist
ghostdog said:
But more importantly : Is it time to end this Chapter ? I'm afraid it is. See you next time... :salute:

Nooooo. Need more!

Cool update. The hospital sure looks promising. The new ape-thing monster is meh. I guess is more dangerous than scary.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
The new ape-thing monster is meh. I guess is more dangerous than scary.

Yeah, it doesn't look that scary, but it's definitely the most dangerous monster up to now.

Anyway, we're about to meet the most iconic enemy of the SH series.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Another Chapter of this prestigious™ LP is about to start. Our Hero, looking for his daughter has found himself venturing the halls of the Alchemilla Hospital. A suspicious half-mad woman pointed him this way and since he had no other clues, he followed her advice. Will he find some answers here, or is it just another cruel trick of this hellish town, another step towards loosing his sanity ?

If he hasn't lost it already, that is...

Code:
ooooo 8                o   o  o 8 8  o                 ooooo 8                     
  8   8                8  .P    8 8                    8     8                     
  8   8oPYo. .oPYo.   o8ob'   8 8 8  8 odYo. .oPYo.   o8oo   8 .oPYo. .oPYo. oPYo. 
  8   8    8 8oooo8    8  `b  8 8 8  8 8' `8 8    8    8     8 8    8 8    8 8  `' 
  8   8    8 8.        8   8  8 8 8  8 8   8 8    8    8     8 8    8 8    8 8     
  8   8    8 `Yooo'    8   8  8 8 8  8 8   8 `YooP8    8     8 `YooP' `YooP' 8     
::..::..:::..:.....::::..::..:......:....::..:....8 :::..::::..:.....::.....:..::::
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ooP'.:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::...:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

We have a look around the medicine room...

24oyqmc.jpg

2qtfpdf.jpg

Nothing much here, but in the reception we find some useful things. Among them a map of the area.

21l8hmo.jpg

24xp18x.jpg

In the back room we also find a newspaper...

14o0ubl.jpg

14v71vp.jpg

30rtk7m.png
An article has been clipped out...

Hmm, something tells me this article is somehow important. But since we can't find anything more about it, we move on to search the rest of the area.
It seems that the way to the stairs that lead to the upper floors is cut off :

15p1w1s.jpg

We continue to look around the 1st floor. In the doctor's office we find another map.

zu5cfo.jpg

30rtk7m.png
This one is for the basement.

Why the hell would they have a separate map for the basement ? Bah, let's check the phones.

2yo8q6r.jpg

What a surprise. At least, in the conference room we find something of importance.

2hncrjr.jpg

All clues lead to the basement, but let's check out the Kitchen first.

9aya39.jpg

25jfjns.jpg

Empty bottles are always useful. As we enter the next room, we find it in a mess...

ir0yed.jpg

14df13d.jpg

30rtk7m.png
Books are scattered around the desk and some kind of liquid is spilled on the floor.

Let's have a closer look...

j6in4h.jpg

3027xtz.jpg

30rtk7m.png
It's not just broken. It looks smashed on purpose

Hey, don't we have an empty bottle ? Maybe we could collect some of this liquid...

2cwmqo5.jpg

2ilzy4n.jpg

30rtk7m.png
I wonder what it's for...

For all we know it could just be something completely unimportant. A bottle of cough syrup, or worse a laxative drug, or even more worse a bottle of Red Bull... this may very well be completely insignificant...

OR IS IT ?
2aio3zn.gif

We'll see. I wonder if we can use the elevator...

2jaajc1.jpg

Damn. All roads lead to the basement. I don't like this.

ogglme.jpg

I don't like this at all...

29fw2ua.jpg

Darkness greets us, accompanied by the hissing sound of the radio. We hear something moving in the dark, small creaking sounds...

2jajjv9.jpg

I think it's better if we don't open the flashlight yet, we don't want to alert whatever lies in the dark. Let's try to at least get a bearing of our surroundings...

qsr0oo.jpg

It seems there is a table in front of us... Good, something to lean on... HEY !! is there something on it ?!

FUCK. It's one of those mutated cockroaches. Thankfully, it hasn't seen us yet. Maybe we could sneak-attack it...

dm8br4.jpg

:WHAM:

op085w.jpg

The deed is done. I guess it's safe to open the flashlight now... SHIT ! More of them !

2co3oya.jpg

2afbxcl.jpg

Phew, we finally took care of them. A search around the area reveals that the only available room is the generator room. Suddenly, I'm having a case of bad deja-vu.

fwn14o.jpg

30rtk7m.png
There's a note on the generator. It says "The in-house generator powers elevators, ICUs and operating rooms only."

That means no lights for us... Oh well, let's power it up.

165or8.jpg

And now we can use the elevator ! I think we'll visit the 2nd floor first.

28uqyz8.jpg

2wgi151.jpg

Let's have a look aroun-

f3ie53.jpg

Damn ! I guess we should head to floor 3, then.

2n66bvd.jpg

2le3scg.jpg

30rtk7m.png
The door is barred here too...

Huh ? All floors are inaccessible. Where are we supposed to go now ? Goddammit, let's get back into the elevator.

2mpcy2w.jpg

WHAT THE...

300smj8.jpg

30rtk7m.png
A fourth floor ?! That wasn't here before, was it ?

What the hell is going on here ? There wasn't such a button on the panel before. The Hospital isn't supposed to have a fourth floor !

We press the button reluctantly and wait as the elevator moves and then stops...

2ajb51i.jpg

11brc03.jpg

2zftjxf.jpg

Suddenly, Harry has a blackout...

mbit14.jpg

WAT

sl06bl.jpg

What was this, haven't we seen that place before ?
Blackness surrounds us once more...

2zftjxf.jpg

And now we're back at the Hospital. At the fourth floor... Only this place seems quite different than the rest of the hospital...

ehnbc1.jpg

Decadence paints the walls around us. Everything is covered with dirt and rust. The place looks burned.

wv8paf.jpg

Let's move forward...

i1i5j9.jpg

:CLICK:

What was that !? ...The door !

ajs5yg.jpg

Damn! Where exactly are we ? Maybe we should check our map:

30rtk7m.png
The map doesn't show a fourth floor...

Great. Well, we have no alternative but to keep going down the corridor. We reach another door...

1zxms08.jpg

We cross it, and we venture once more into darkness.

ddkkg6.jpg

Things look worse and worse. At the end of the hall we find stairs that go down. We take them, in hope that they may lead us back to the familiar parts of the Hospital.

2v0xy1h.jpg

Our hopes are shattered.

2uempkx.jpg

But a look at the map shows that we must really be on the third floor...

j0h66f.jpg

This could be the reason they had locked these areas of the Hospital. Maybe a fire had destroyed them, and they now keep them off-limits.

With renewed hopes that there may be a perfectly logical explanation for all this, we enter the main hall of the third floor...

htebuq.jpg

991cvp.jpg

Huh ? Is it a nurse ? At last another human being ! She seems hurt, there's blood on her back. We should help her.

30rtk7m.png
Hey there... are you ok ?

The nurse turns slowly...

291ge93.jpg

Something's wrong with her. There's a big bloody bulge on her back...

2mdwmd.jpg

30rtk7m.png
...Miss ?

She doesn't reply, she just comes closer...

9vk39x.jpg

She's holding on to something...

2rx71ox.jpg

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

THE CHAINSAW ! MUST. USE. IT. NOW !!!

vytnd0.jpg

axeb2g.jpg

242x7b9.jpg

fuuf7l.jpg

Finally... she's dead. A big bulge of filthy flesh rises from her back. It's oozing with blood and it's still pulsating like it's alive. It seems that we wont find any nursing in this place.

Welcome to the dark side of the Alchemilla Hospital.

Cassidy

Arcane
The hammer found on the basement is possibly the best melee weapon short of the rock drill. It works really well against the nurses too.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Cassidy said:
The hammer found on the basement is possibly the best melee weapon short of the rock drill. It works really well against the nurses too.
The Chainsaw works pretty good here too. If you remember to back off a bit to avoid the nursing, that is.

oldmanpaco said:
That was not a sexy nurse. I am disappoint.
You can fap with this :

silenthilllesbiannurses.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom