Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's walk the streets of Silent Hill (Complete !)

SerratedBiz

Arcane
Also, the flashlight reflects off things.

spekkio

Arcane
ghostdog said:
25rkqgz.jpg
Bring it on, baby!

2qin24n.jpg

:smug:

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Here we are at the Midwich elementary school. In the entrance hall a big map adorns the wall and below it there's another, more important for us, map.

20aaubm.jpg

9ht2rn.jpg

How nice of them. I think we're ready to explore the place.

Code:
Chapter VI :

.oPYo. 8       o 8      8                      .oPYo.  d'b   ooooo 8               ooo.                                    8 
8    8 8         8      8                      8    8  8       8   8               8  `8.                                  8 
8      8oPYo. o8 8 .oPYo8 oPYo. .oPYo. odYo.   8    8 o8P      8   8oPYo. .oPYo.   8   `8 .oPYo. ooYoYo. odYo. .oPYo. .oPYo8 
8      8    8  8 8 8    8 8  `' 8oooo8 8' `8   8    8  8       8   8    8 8oooo8   8    8 .oooo8 8' 8  8 8' `8 8oooo8 8    8 
8    8 8    8  8 8 8    8 8     8.     8   8   8    8  8       8   8    8 8.       8   .P 8    8 8  8  8 8   8 8.     8    8 
`YooP' 8    8  8 8 `YooP' 8     `Yooo' 8   8   `YooP'  8       8   8    8 `Yooo'   8ooo'  `YooP8 8  8  8 8   8 `Yooo' `YooP' 
:.....:..:::..:....:.....:..:::::.....:..::..:::.....::..::::::..::..:::..:.....:::.....:::.....:..:..:....::..:.....::.....:
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

To the right of the entrance we find the infirmary. A save point and some medical supplies are waiting for us.

2a9wv4p.jpg

wttvgx.jpg

Feeling a new rush of confidence we turn to the opposite direction and we get to the reception desk.

212gy9f.jpg

A lot of bloody books and some kind of list...

dqke2f.jpg

Gordon ? Didn't we find the house of a certain K. Gordon earlier ? We'll keep that in mind, but right now we should examine these pieces of paper...

2uzvxpj.jpg

9a4feu.jpg

10:00

"Alchemy laboratory"

Gold in an old man's palm.
The future hidden in his fist.
Exchange for sage's water.

30rtk7m.png
There are three messages here all written in blood...

12:00

"A place with songs and sound"

A silver guidepost
is untapped in lost tongues.
Awakening at the ordained order.

212gy9f.jpg

The last one reads :

5:00

"Darkness that brings the chocking heat"

Flames render the silence,
awakening the hungry beast.
Open times door to beckon prey.

A riddle ? A clue ? Insane gibberish ? All of the above ? We'll see. For now let's check the back room.

jp910y.jpg

There's an imposing picture on the wall...

5yc4ep.jpg

30rtk7m.png
I don't know who drew it, but it is certainly in bad taste.

Everyone's a critic these days. I find it very fitting for decorating the walls of the Midwich elementary school :obviously:. Let's check out the rest of the place. The doors that lead to the right and left corridors are locked, so our only option is to go to the courtyard.

2vrwjs8.jpg

241s3yv.jpg

Fuck, I don't have a good feeling about this... Something is in the distance, is it a child ?

js0hs5.jpg

No it's not a child, at least not an ordinary one. It's one of those creatures that attacked Harry in that dream-like sequence in the beginning. So they are real after all --real enough to kill you anyway. This time around we have weapons on our disposal. Let's see how good the steel pipe does against them.

2urb5tk.jpg

140b72a.jpg

Pretty good. As we take a look around the courtyard we come across a large structure. It looks like a clock tower.

10yoos6.jpg

Not an ordinary clock tower though. There are two strange pedestals at the left and right...

2yvp5qp.jpg

2qnmiv7.jpg

Hmm, I wonder what's the significance of this. Let's check the rest of the tower.

30rtk7m.png
The tower's doors are locked and the clock doesn't seem to be working.

qno5c2.jpg

Time doesn't seem to pass naturally in Silent Hill. Let's enter through the north doors. Another grey child attacks us. Bah, we'll make short work of it.

jk7zpd.jpg

-WHEN SUDDENLY

2mmbcc2.jpg

:SURPRISE BUTTSEKS:

2h7f80p.jpg

And that's the problem with these little bastards. They usually come in pairs and one of them grabs Harry's legs while the other stabs away.

27ywjeh.jpg

Maniacally we push the action button to get free from their grasp and change to our handgun.

2qns7er.jpg

DIEEEEEEEE !

ncz3on.jpg

Phew, that was tense. Let's see where we are.

2dt3mmg.jpg

Why don't we enter the central room ?

2us8p50.jpg

:RADIO STATIC:

Damn ! Another monster ?

2qweq1z.jpg

Huh ? What's this ?

246nhw4.jpg

The little spirit makes short squeaking sounds that send shivers down our spine. But even though the radio emits sound, the creature seems harmless. The little black ghost wanders around clumsily, disoriented, and sometimes trips and falls down.

15mxlqa.jpg

After a while these spirits disappear. Initially they can give you a good scare but ultimately they are harmless. I can't help but feel pity for them, whenever I see them. But what are they ?

30rtk7m.png
Poor things... Could these be spirits of the dead ?

Hmm, if they're spirits and they make the radio hiss, then what of the other monsters ? What about these knife-wielding enemies ? The implications... No. Maybe they're something else all-together. We're still a long way from knowing the true nature of Silent Hill.

We better focus on other things. A check on the back door reveals that it's closed, the same goes for the front door. If we want to leave this place we'll have to do it the hard way.

2yn44ts.jpg

The doors that lead to the right wing are closed and all the teacher's rooms are inaccessible. This only leaves the two restrooms in the 1rst floor.

ok79xl.jpg

Uh-oh.

245d095.jpg

Thankfully, we had our gun ready. The really disturbing thing is that childish cries echo for a while in the room. But we can't see anyone. I hope these aren't Cheryl's cries and I sincerely hope that these creatures we're killing aren't the children of Silent Hill...

Let's head upstairs.

2pycn10.jpg

We enter the classroom- FUCK !

64ec9l.jpg

We fall right onto a duo of the creatures that use their usual technique to immobilize and back-stab us. We manage to exit the room, use a health drink to recover our stamina and go back all-guns blazing...

2cnv96t.jpg

bgojuw.jpg

They finally go down. Hmm, the children's drawings are surely bizarre.

2cwueck.jpg

Nothing much more in these rooms. Let's check our map.

9th7ja.jpg

I guess I'll head for the north. First we enter the Lab equipment room and look around.

zl41m1.jpg

2le5n3d.jpg

But we find something interesting in a nearby shelf...

n4tmix.jpg

30rtk7m.png
The label reads "Concentrated hydrochloric acid."

FUCK YEAH ! Hydrochloric acid is always useful, especially in adventure games. Is there anything else of importance here ?

315yezk.jpg

Ok, nothing more then. Let's head out-

vzwlud.jpg

Another ambush, but it's only one of them, so we take it out easily. Now, let's go in the chemistry laboratory...

v3omls.jpg

Hey, what's this ?

2nqtekn.jpg

30rtk7m.png
It's a statue's hand. It's holding something.

34guhys.jpg

Huh, now it all fits together. Remember the first bloody note ? It talked about "Gold in an old man's palm." in an "Alchemy laboratory". Obviously it was referring to the chemical lab. Also the time written on the note was "10:00", the same time as the clock tower is showing. So this gold plate the hand is holding could be the "Golden Sun" that was mentioned on the Tower.

The note also said that you can reach the "future" in "Exchange for "sage's water." It's pretty obvious what the sages water is...

2d26hqu.jpg

We pour it on the hand...

b3kf2b.jpg

...And receive the gold medallion ! (good thing it didn't melt too, eh ?)

2n8mnpv.jpg

Phew, that was a lot of work. Up to now we've found no trace of Cheryl. Next time we'll see what we can make of this medallion, the clock tower and the bloody notes. Till then, read some trivia :

TRIVIA TIME ! said:
  • In the PAL version the Grey Children were replaced by another enemy, as their appearance was deemed too similar to that of a child by Konami's censoring committee. It's actually one of the very few times where the NTSC version remains uncensored while the PAL version is censored. Remarkable.
  • Based on the fact that the distilled water and the glucose we examine in the equipment room are presented as game items, some crazy rumors emerged about them in the gamefag forums. Some people claimed that you could later use them to create a bomb, open a passage out of the town and get a "secret" ending. It was a successful trolling attempt, since this can't happen, but many people bought it. It is probable though that at some point the devs intended to let you use these items for something, but ultimately they scrapped it out. As we'll see there's a lot of content that was cut from the final game.
  • The little black spirits are called "Larval Stalkers". As the Larval Stalkers cannot be killed, they were still approved in the PAL version.
  • The clock tower could be a reference to the snes game with the same name, probably the first horror-survival game in consoles. There's a trully awesome LP for this game somewhere in the codex. :)smug:)

He's walking like a small child
But watch his eyes burn you away
Black holes in his golden stare
God knows he wants to go home

Children of The Damned

He's walking like a dead man
If he had lived he would have crucified us all
Now he's standing on his last step
He thought oblivion well it beckons us all

Children of The Damned

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
I salute the 3 people who are still reading this LP ! :salute: I'm sorry to inform you that this is probably going to be the last update since I don't really think there's a point to go on with this.

/butthurt mode

marooned

Liturgist
You're joking, right?

Gotta be jokin' man. This nightmare must end FFS!

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
@ghostdog

Must you make us resort to whining, sniveling, and begging on our knees for MOAR? What a cheap dirty trick is this FFS? Do not procrastinate this thread any further than necessary!

MOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

spekkio

Arcane
ghostdog said:
fkwldd.jpg

Butthurt detected.

Create another (10th?) Boulder's Gate LP and teh Hivemind will be all over your virtual cock...

And somebody clearly missed a cultural reference here....

dqke2f.jpg

2mn2b10.jpg

1055g2f.jpg

2qin24n.jpg

Fuck yeah!

Felt good, man!

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Stop your bitchen and finish this. I've never played a SH game before and this is interesting.

lightbane

Arcane
A true bro would whine less and post more. Failing that... Well, the Bloodnet and Dark Earth lps are still waiting you...

Kz3r0

Arcane
ghostdog said:
I sa
lute the 3 people who are still reading this LP ! :salute: I'm sorry to inform you that this is probably going to be the last update since I don't really think there's a point to go on with this.

/butthurt mode
:x

Cassidy

Arcane
Update or :mhd:

Also I regret deeply the misfortune of having watched that mediocre movie adaptation.

Ogg

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Fuck you ghostdog! I hate you for everytime you start an LP thread, I know I'll have to shortly play the game myself and thus I stop reading it till I finish my own playthrough. You don't know how much I hate you for that!

So, that's fine. You don't want to go on LPing this game. I couldn't care less. ... You already hooked me and I need to play SH. :roll:

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Zdzisiu said:
You dirty attention whore...
marooned said:
Mrowak said:
What a cheap dirty trick is this FFS?
spekkio said:
Butthurt detected.
oldmanpaco said:
Stop your bitchen
lightbane said:
whine less
Kz3r0 said:
Cassidy said:
multi-headed-dick
Ogg said:
Fuck you ghostdog! I hate you

Didn't know you cared :love:

But seriously, I thought that the few people who were following this thread had already finished the game before, so I wasn't sure if there was any point in continuing. Us LPers need to see some feedback, because it's a lot of work to make an LP. Now that my attention whoring needs are satisfied I'll try to finish it. -Cleve's honor !

Murk

Arcane
I've never finished SH 1, I'm looking forward to seeing you handle it - and your LP style is awesome. Gooo GOOOO GOOOO FORWARD AND SLAAYYYYY err SSOOOLLLLVVVEEEEEE.

Cassidy said:
Also I regret deeply the misfortune of having watched that mediocre movie adaptation.

I thought the movie was a great case of "good for what it is". Doesn't compare to the second or, seemingly, the first game but it was better than the slasher bullshit Hollywood sneaks-in as 'horror'.

ghostdog said:
But seriously, I thought that the few people who were following this thread had already finished the game before, so I wasn't sure if there was any point in continuing. Us LPers need to see some feedback, because it's a lot of work to make an LP. Now that my attention whoring needs are satisfied I'll try to finish it. -Cleve's honor !

Ghostdog,

I'm another LP Silent Hill fanboi here. Been following your Silent Hill thread for days. Thought for sure you were going to give it up....you bastard you. :smug:

Awesome stuff. Brings back some great--if a bit unnerving--memories.

Eons ago, a friend of mine and I went through the entire Silent Hill game together on his Playstation. We took turns alternating throughout the game by handing over the controller whenever one of us died. And IIRC that didn't happen infrequently. The game gave us both nightmares for weeks. We had a hard time describing and conveying the feel and atmosphere to other friends. We would say: "You just have to play the game yourself. It's some twisted, fucked up shit."

And I agree that the music in Silent Hill makes up a big part of the game. Akira Yamaoka is a very talented composer.

Finish the LP, gentle sir! If not for your own sense of accomplishment, then do it for my/others trip down survival-horror memory lane.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
- We're in Midwich Elementary School.
- We're looking for our daughter, Cheryl.
- Following verses written in blood we found a gold medallion.
- A clock tower in the courtyard seems to hold answers.
- We should get in.

Let's do it !

Code:
Chapter VII :

.oPYo. 8                    8                     8    .oPYo.  o      8      8 8               
 8   `8 8                    8                     8    8   `8         8      8 8               
o8YooP' 8 .oPYo. .oPYo. .oPYo8   .oPYo. odYo. .oPYo8   o8YooP' o8 .oPYo8 .oPYo8 8 .oPYo. .oPYo. 
 8   `b 8 8    8 8    8 8    8   .oooo8 8' `8 8    8    8   `b  8 8    8 8    8 8 8oooo8 Yb..   
 8    8 8 8    8 8    8 8    8   8    8 8   8 8    8    8    8  8 8    8 8    8 8 8.       'Yb. 
 8oooP' 8 `YooP' `YooP' `YooP'   `YooP8 8   8 `YooP'    8    8  8 `YooP' `YooP' 8 `Yooo' `YooP' 
:......:..:.....::.....::.....::::.....:..::..:.....::::..:::..:..:.....::.....:..:.....::.....:
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Outside the windows all we see is never ending darkness.

wjf42r.jpg

Let's have a look at that medallion...

30rtk7m.png
A picture of a clock tower is engraved on the surface.

Then, maybe we should go back to the tower ! Let's get ou-

GOD-FUCKING-DAMMIT !

2e5mrl2.gif

:rage: Stop gnawing on my cock !!!

xcsspj.jpg

The halls are infested with these fuckers. Let's explore the rest of the floor before going down.

n63ix4.jpg

The library seems like a good destination...

:RADIO STATIC:

More of them ?

jl5dzm.jpg

Ah, just some more of those little ghosts. They never fail to make my skin crawl.

2dmedxu.jpg

30rtk7m.png
I don't see any especially useful books here. No need to read any of them.

No time to pursuit knowledge, then. There's an interesting poster however...

66x836.jpg

A woman came down form Planet Vulcan ? I can spot at least 2 movie references here. Anyway, we grab a healing kit and get out. As we move on to the south corridor, we find more enemies waiting for us, but we're ready this time.

eqau55.jpg

Let's enter the storage room.

34gaqgp.jpg

:CLANK:

Huh ? a constant metallic banging is heard throughout the room. We should be careful...

ba8w0.jpg

2hdvdpz.jpg

It comes from this locker. There must be something inside...

2yy1m5h.jpg

We open it will extreme caution...

qqbmer.jpg

Eeeeasy...

34q4fbd.jpg

FUCK-

otkr2g.jpg

30rtk7m.png
Just a cat...

Phew... Only a cat. Is there anything in the locker ?

m91307.jpg

Bah, too much fuss over nothing. Let's g-

:CAT SCREAMS:

:STOMP:

:SILENCE:

Whoops. I think the cat just lost its 7th life. It was probably the grey child that awaits outside. We avenge our furry friend and move on.

2us8l6s.jpg

In the music room we find a piano.

amefza.jpg

30rtk7m.png
It won't open. Odd. Doesn't look locked, though.

Hmm. For now, let's head down the stairs...

1h5gus.jpg

...And out to the yard.

ajx84n.jpg

Why don't we try to place that gold medallion on the pedestal ?

eqnt36.jpg

28s6ng7.jpg

30rtk7m.png
Something stirred inside the clock tower !

Let's have another look at it.

zyd05w.jpg

12:00, huh ? Remember the bloody note ?

12:00

"A place with songs and sound"

A silver guidepost
is untapped in lost tongues.
Awakening at the ordained order.

A place with songs and sound... that could be the music room, let's get back there.

2ufq5ci.jpg

The piano has opened ! Was someone here ? Hmm, there's also something written on the board...

ffd56u.jpg

30rtk7m.png
Hmm. Another note written in what seems to be blood...

"A Tale Of Birds Without a Voice"

First flew the greedy Pelican,
Eager for the reward,
White wings flailing.

Then came a silent Dove,
Flying beyond the Pelican,
As far as he could.

A Raven flies in,
Flying higher than the Dove,
Just to show that he can.

A Swan glides in,
To find a peaceful spot,
Next to another bird.

Finally out comes a Crow,
Coming quickly to a stop,
Yawning and then Napping.

Who will show the way,
Who will be the key,
Who will lead to
The silver reward.

Let's also have a look at the piano...

315lk5y.jpg

30rtk7m.png
Does this mean anything ? Maybe I should have a closer look...

Yes, you should.

eb1y6t.jpg

Now, here's the deal, some of the keys are not working. Here's the layout :

Code:
 |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |
 |   1   |   3   |   5   |   6   |   8   |   10  |   12  |
 |_______|_______|_______|_______|_______|_______|_______|

The keys that make no sound are : 2,3,8,10,11.

We'll need to find a combination of keys in order to solve the riddle. Meaning, we'll need to find which keys to press and in what order to press them. All the answers lie in the above note we found on the board. When I first came upon the riddle I was stuck for a time, but if you pay close attention to what the note says, it's not that hard.

Now, it's up to YOU, codexers to solve the riddle and save the day !

2u4jv9x.jpg

Don't you DARE use any walkthroughs or metagaming knowledge ! There are some people reading this LP that haven't played the game, right ? Be a true BRO and solve it yourselves ! If you've played the game and don't remember the answer, you're free to try too, but take a good look at yourself and make sure you're a BRO, before doing so.

:bro:

Solve it, and you'll get rewards beyond your wildest dreams ! (Self-satisfaction and new updates are few among them) Don't solve it and little Cheryl will die horribly at the hands of EVIL. Can you live with that ? I'm sure you can't.

Feel free to ask any questions. I'm awaiting your answers. :smug:

Murk

Arcane
My mind is too stuck on memory and learning for my mid term to bother with the riddle but it seems to rely on bird-color and placement/location in relation to one another. The dark splotches of blood on the keys might denote their locations as well.

Guess I'd try 1, 12, 9, 4, 5 but that doesn't put the 'raven' directly above the 'dove' and the ordering of the swan means that it lands before another bird flies near it.

pretty sure that's wrong but whatever, gotta start somewhere I guess.

spekkio

Arcane
Not writing if going from left to right increases or decreases the tone really helps...
Oh well, I should just check out on nearest piano...

:roll:

marooned

Liturgist
Shit. I was stucked with the piano for a while. Then it came to me but no longer remember.

Things to consider:

- The bloody note describes five birds ("without a voice") and five are the keys that don't make a sound.

- The birds are either white or black, as the piano keys.

Soo, it's just a "matter" to find some sense to the poem itself.

2 and 11 are either the crow or the raven.
3, 8 and 10 are the pelican, the dove or the swan.
the dove key are far away from the pelican key. That's 3 and 10
the raven key is next to the dove key.
the swan is next to another bird. That's 8.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Some of Mikayel's ideas on how to think on the riddle are correct, some are false though.

Not writing if going from left to right increases or decreases the tone really helps...
In pianos the tone always increases from left to right, but it doesn't make a difference for the riddle.

Murk

Arcane
In that case, left = lower where-as right = higher.

Suddenly 'above' takes on a new meaning.

heh, my new guess: 3, 10, 11, 8, 2.

3 = first white pellican, 10 the furthest dove, 11 the raven above the dove, 8 the swan next to another bird, and 2 the crow that rests quickly (first non-sounding black)

hadn't noticed that it said 'without a voice', good catch.

spekkio said:
Oh well, I should just check out on nearest piano...

:roll:

here bro, use mine.

spekkio

Arcane
10,3,2,8,11?

:rpgcodex:

*Edit:

or:

:x

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom