Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Discover The Fate Of Atlantis ! (Completed)

Silellak

Cipher
Well played, sir.
2mr9tg1.jpg

I forgot how truly awesome this game was, especially in comparison to Lucas' actual attempt to make a fourth film.

It just shows that there's no point in telling an Indiana Jones story without Nazis.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron

Dudes, dudettes and she-dudes... this is it ! In the previous chapter we conquered the girl and now it's time we conquered the secrets of the inner circle of the Lost City.

The King That Shall Ever Be.

Before we leave the dungeon let's take the hinge pin with us, trust me, we're gonna need it.

elaf5j.png

Let's move down to the canals.

mrfjtc.png

2ufu936.jpg
It can't be ! Plato wrote of great waterways stretching as far as the eye could see. This seems more like one of the sewers.

Maybe Plato exaggerated a bit in his descriptions...

30ww307.jpg
Hmm. You know, Atlantis is an eerie place.

2ufu936.jpg
Yes, this isn't exactly how I imagined the splendor of The Lost City.

I think it's time we got moving...

157ojsh.png

2ufu936.jpg
Nur-Ab-Sal could probably have told us...

4t96bc.jpg
Uh-uh...

2ufu936.jpg
But I'd rather not know.

Huh, Sophia isn't overly thrilled with what she's seen of Atlantis so far... Anyway, let's get to the gate chamber. We pick up our valuable ladder...

2vjd6rr.png

...And enter the inner circle !

ut2yw.png

2ufu936.jpg
I sense his presence !

30ww307.jpg
Hold on a minute !

o02xxw.png

33bo7l3.jpg
Never better. I feel...ALL POWERFUL!

WTF !? those last two words sounded pretty weird. Almost demon-like

30ww307.jpg
You look kind of lost to me.

33bo7l3.jpg
I'm not lost. I'm nearly HOME !

Uh-oh, this doesn't look good, folks.

30ww307.jpg
This seems homey to you ?

33bo7l3.jpg
Yes ! Very !

And then suddenly she walks away...

263x8cx.png

Let's go after her.

33vm2yc.png

And then she enters the room. But before we do the same, let's have a look at those wall carvings...

2ylu2k4.png

30ww307.jpg
Look at those tusks. It looks like a hellish elephant. Is this some sort of devilish guardian ?

Yikes. Let's hope that the Atlanteans didn't worship Cthulhu and Dagon because then we'd be in a lot of trouble. Anyway, I think it's time we entered the room:

ipnqpw.png

33bo7l3.jpg
WELCOME TO MY HUMBLE ABODE !

After the heart-warming welcome, Sophia settles herself in front of the lava pool.

28aj78x.png

What a cozy place. Let's talk to her and see what the hell is going on.

2nuprf9.png

33bo7l3.jpg
Oh ? I find it exceptionally RESTFUL.

30ww307.jpg
How's the throat ? You sound a little hoarse.

33bo7l3.jpg
I'm still finding my TRUE VOICE ! SOON you will hear my commands and OBEY !

Crap. We've only exchanged a kiss and she already wants to run our lives.

30ww307.jpg
Keep your shirt on. There's no hurry.

1693lgl.png

33bo7l3.jpg
NEVER ! I'm staying right here, with the Spirit Who Guides My Thoughts.

30ww307.jpg
Sophia ? Is that you ?

33bo7l3.jpg
The woman that WAS is now... THE KING THAT SHALL EVER BE !

4t96bc.jpg
So, are you a girl or a guy now or what ?

tranny alert ! tranny alert !

33bo7l3.jpg
FLESH MEANS NOTHING ! I AM THE GREAT SPIRIT INCARNATE !

4t96bc.jpg
Yes, well, I'm glad we cleared THAT up. Why are you acting like this ?

33bo7l3.jpg
Acting like what ? Speak your mind, CHURL !

We must get to the bottom of this...

vn0ac6.png

33bo7l3.jpg
I am no longer the one you called "Sophia." I am simply THE ONE WHO RULES.

30ww307.jpg
You sound like you're possessed.

33bo7l3.jpg
Possessed ? HA HA HA ! BY WHAT ?

iliuso.jpg
By that stupid necklace of yours.

33bo7l3.jpg
Possessed by a bronze trinket ? And you call yourself a scientist !

iliuso.jpg
It's been working on you for years.

33bo7l3.jpg
Don't be ridiculous, CHURL !

I think we should try to get Sophia free from his influence for a little while :

33f3rf4.png

33bo7l3.jpg
MAKE IT QUICK ! THE TIME FOR HUMAN FRAILTY IS PAST !

2qi687m.png

33bo7l3.jpg
The deed that begun in Iceland is done ! The great spirit is back in his kingdom, thanks to me !

30ww307.jpg
I think your necklace is driving you nuts.

33bo7l3.jpg
That's absurd ! For the first time in my life my mind is perfectly clear !

30ww307.jpg
Come on, Sophia, hand over the necklace !

2ufu936.jpg
I... can't. In ten years I've NEVER let it out of my grasp. NOW I can't even force myself to take it off. Ohh, Indy-- I'm DOOMED !

Crap, how are we going to get rid of that devilish necklace ? Let's try to have a closer look at it :

15mgtag.png

The damn thing is alive ! If we try to grab it, Sophia wont let us...

ruqiac.png

Hey, What if we fed it an orichalcum bead ?

xfz1xu.png

2m26zas.png

FUCK !

kca4o.png

30ubnd2.png

iliuso.jpg
Drop it, Sophia !

2ufu936.jpg
Nur-Ab-Sal won't let me !

He won't huh ? But now that she's holding it like that, WE can finally take action. Let's put the medallion into the gold box...

4r9poy.png

2954cp2.png

...and throw it into the pool of lava !

118mvrq.png

k9b2bs.png

24c5bf9.png

2cqo1ed.png

1vqm8.png

vzx0tt.png

Phew... it's finally over.

vytpfq.png

2ufu936.jpg
If you hadn't done that, I'd be as dead as that monster.

So, our glorious Atlantean king Nur-Ab-Sal turned out to be a hellish, monstrous spirit and Atlantis, so far, looks more like the Devil's playground. Let's see what other horrors await us.

2mrw4cg.png

30ww307.jpg
...or whatever they were.

2ufu936.jpg
Bones don't grow like this naturally.

30ww307.jpg
Where do you suppose they come from... Mars ? ...Hell ?

And what's that by the skeleton's feet ?

28lbfqd.png

Nur-Ab-Sal won't need it anymore, so let's take it.

30ww307.jpg
Come on Sophia, let's get out of here.

2ufu936.jpg
Lead the way, Indy. I'm with you.

2mr9tg1.jpg

Before we move on, maybe we should see how Sophia's doing...

tz61u.png

2ufu936.jpg
I think so...

30ww307.jpg
Feeling better now ?

2ufu936.jpg
Yes, I feel like myself again... for the first time in ten years !

Further on we find another chamber and a set of strange markings on the wall.

11liqoo.png

We can't make anything of this right now, so let's enter the chamber... WHOA !

33tmn84.png

And there are more markings here-- on the ground this time.

ma9kqr.png

2ufu936.jpg
It looks kind of a tractor to me. A burrowing tractor.

30ww307.jpg
What do you make of those markings on the floor ?

2ufu936.jpg
They might mean something, but they look more like a picture than writing.

Let's have a closer look at the tractor's controls...

2443coy.png

And next to it there are three empty slots. If we put a bead into the mouth, then the drill will start working but the tractor wont move... Hmm, how about inserting the scepter in one of the slots ?

1zv8xt5.png

30ww307.jpg
It fits !

But no matter how we move the scepter, nothing happens. Hmm... let's recall the diagram we saw on the wall :

Code:
I . I
. . . ^
. . . |

What if it shows how the levers should be placed ? If that's the case, then we'll need something else to use as a second lever... How about the hinge pin ?

jiz8g9.png

FUCK YEAH !

30ww307.jpg
Get on board, Sophia !

The tractor started to move !

x513s7.png

5npuer.png

Great, we reached the central part of the City ! But how the hell are we going to stop this thing ?!

j7guao.png

Maybe the second diagram could be of help ?

Code:
. O .
O . . 
. . . 

<-/@

What if these are the positions of the levers in order to stop the engine ? Doesn't hurt to try...

289zsle.png

Uh-Oh !

rj00as.png

15qp8oz.png

2vta339.png

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

fl95vk.png

1269xt3.png

-UUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-

2upbp7o.png

9avndc.png

-uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu..................

k6c7b.png

...Is this the end ? :shock:

lightbane

Arcane
:love:
2mr9tg1.jpg

Awesome update is awesome. Also, I hope Indy doesn't find Deep Ones here...

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
"You can always find Deep Ones, if you search deep enough. So... don't." -Alister Boleskine

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Odds are he'll end up in an insane world that exists only in his head, battling Mayan Gods and saving children from comet mother monsters.

What? Makes sense to me.

Divinity: Original Sin
Silellak said:
Well played, sir.
2mr9tg1.jpg

I forgot how truly awesome this game was, especially in comparison to Lucas' actual attempt to make a fourth film.

It just shows that there's no point in telling an Indiana Jones story without Nazis.

There's no nazi's in temple of doom, and it is the best of the series, contrary to what everybody says.

last crusade, otherwise, is the worst one, contrary to what everybody says.

For me Crystall skull is on the level of last crusade, with the :incline: of no Sean Connery nor Nazis. The thing that made crystall skull a bad movie was that they tried to make a movie like last crusade instead of a new temple of doom.

Temple of doom doesn't give you time to get bored. Last crusade had that tank chase that was so uninspired, and they dumbed down marcus brody and sallah.

People think temple is bad because of short round and willie scott. Well, the fact that willie was annoying was more fun to me than a silly marcus brody. even short round is better than a silly salah.

Plus, double traps, insects, mola ran ripping hearts, eaten by crocodiles, mine car chase, rope bridges... What is not to like about this movie?

About the game, I forgot if they really give any insight on the reason for those weird skeletons.

But I aways found funny when Indy looked at the bones on the ground and he would say some adjectives to describe them.

ironyuri

Darth Slaughter said:
Silellak said:
Well played, sir.
2mr9tg1.jpg

, with the :incline: of no Sean Connery

You take that back you piece of shit or it is totally plane tickets bitch!

Divinity: Original Sin
I remember the fact when they were saying that indy 4 was to be made, in 1996, and people were more concerned about sean connery than indy or his adventures.

As if an indy adventure should have sean connery only because last crusade. well raider had NO sean connery. the movie took long to be made, and in the end, Sean connery was retired. I love sean connery, and I liked him in last crusade, but that was all. If he were in the fourth movie, that would make that movie worse than it already is.

ironyuri

Darth Slaughter said:
I remember the fact when they were saying that indy 4 was to be made, in 1996, and people were more concerned about sean connery than indy or his adventures.

As if an indy adventure should have sean connery only because last crusade. well raider had NO sean connery. the movie took long to be made, and in the end, Sean connery was retired. I love sean connery, and I liked him in last crusade, but that was all. If he were in the fourth movie, that would make that movie worse than it already is.

Sean Connery is a national hero and can do no wrong. :salute:

If you say otherwise you are no bro of mine, you have proved your broness by declaring love :salute:

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
:what:

I won't soil this post by mentioning the last movie, I'll just say that as I also re-watched the 3 Indy movies during this LP, I dropped Temple Of Doom after 15 minutes with utter disgust.

spekkio

Arcane
2cqo1ed.png

Butthurt detected.

Great update, Brother Ghostdog...

And the ONLY good Indy movie was the 1st one.

:smug:

Silellak

Cipher
ghostdog said:
:what:

I won't soil this post by mentioning the last movie, I'll just say that as I also re-watched the 3 Indy movies during this LP, I dropped Temple Of Doom after 15 minutes with utter disgust.
I re-watched them before the movie-that-shall-not-be-named, and though I didn't drop Temple of Doom 15 minutes in, I had largely the same reaction.

Cassidy

Arcane
Darth Slaughter said:
Silellak said:
Well played, sir.
2mr9tg1.jpg

There's no nazi's in temple of doom, and it is the best of the series, contrary to what everybody says.

last crusade, otherwise, is the worst one, contrary to what everybody says.

For me Crystall skull is on the level of last crusade, with the :incline: of no Sean Connery nor Nazis. The thing that made crystall skull a bad movie was that they tried to make a movie like last crusade instead of a new temple of doom.

Temple of doom doesn't give you time to get bored. Last crusade had that tank chase that was so uninspired, and they dumbed down marcus brody and sallah.

People think temple is bad because of short round and willie scott. Well, the fact that willie was annoying was more fun to me than a silly marcus brody. even short round is better than a silly salah.

Plus, double traps, insects, mola ran ripping hearts, eaten by crocodiles, mine car chase, rope bridges... What is not to like about this movie?

About the game, I forgot if they really give any insight on the reason for those weird skeletons.

But I aways found funny when Indy looked at the bones on the ground and he would say some adjectives to describe them.

itt proof that shitty taste in games is related to shitty taste in movies.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron

This is gonna be one sad epilogue, my friends. Last time our two heroes met their end in a bottomless pool of lava. So close where they to discover the secrets of The Lost Kingdom, but a stroke of fate ended their journey abruptly... :(

2upbp7o.png

Goodbye sweet price (and princess), we'll always rememb-

313st4x.png

4t96bc.jpg
That was close.

2ufu936.jpg
Too close.

Oh you ! :roll:

At first I was like...
348gdxi.png

But then I was like...
15nqge9.png

The Heart Of The Colossus.

It seems that our heroes were saved at the nick of time ! Let's get away from this lava pit...

x4is7r.png

...and enter a lava-maze !

9ji2de.jpg

4t96bc.jpg
Stick close, kid, this could be dangerous.

33bo7l3.jpg
I'll take my chances.

It's fairly simple. we have to find the correct passages in order to move on. Sometimes you won't be able to go back the way you came because of some slippery slope you stumbled on to :

2a7eo15.png

But there aren't any dead ends here, if you take the wrong turn you'll simply end up at the start of the maze.

qpfnz4.png

After a while we reach a place where lava creates a shifting walkway. As we walk on it, certain areas of the path will dissolve into lava and this time you can actually get trapped.

24mw21z.png

But this isn't anything Indy can't handle...

vqjqqa.png

2eoxstz.png

30ww307.jpg
Are you coming ?

2ufu936.jpg
Hold your horses.

2921evc.png

35m3ads.png

4t96bc.jpg
Nice moves.
2mr9tg1.jpg

2ufu936.jpg
Thanks.

We've finally reached the end of the maze. The stairs lead to the exit and on the other side we find something... massive.

2dl6hl0.jpg

Those Atlantean dudes sure knew how to impress tourists.

2ujpedv.png

2ufu936.jpg
Not what I expected, that's for sure.

30ww307.jpg
And the place is still humming, maintaining the air pressure for untold centuries...

2ufu936.jpg
Let's see what's inside.

Inside we find a chamber filled with statue-machinery.

1zezfwl.png

2mfx62t.png

2ufu936.jpg
I'll be alright for a few minutes.

4t96bc.jpg
Strange enough for you ?

2ufu936.jpg
This must be Nur-Ab-Sal's COLOSSUS. I'm glad he's not here to use it.

30ww307.jpg
Me too. What do we do now ?

2ufu936.jpg
I don't know. Whatever you decide make it quick.

Nur-Ab-Sal's colossus, huh ? Didn't Plato mention something about it ?

PLATO said:

As the waters rose around their city, the Kings of Atlantis, one after another sought to hold off fate.

Knowing mortal men would never rule the sea, they planned a huge colossus, which by use of orichalcum, ten beads at a time, would make them like the gods themselves.

Nur-Ab-Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

So, things finally start to get clear. Let's see if we can wake up this... Colossus. There's a frog-like statue here :

330tgjp.png

We feed it a bead but...

30ww307.jpg
Hmm. That didn't do anything.

On the other side we find a receptacle for the stone discs :

1zzkjyv.png

We enter the usual combination, but...

xgh3qe.png

6xvofl.png

Damn, let's use the opposite combination like we did in the air-lock entrance.

o8ibzl.png

21lrjx1.png

:rage:

No known combination works here. What now, dammit ?!

hwh18x.jpg
Think, junior ! Didn't Plato say something about the Celestial Spheres being well aligned ?

30ww307.jpg
Yes, he said that in order for the colossus to work the celestial spheres need to be well aligned... But what was he talking about ?

hwh18x.jpg
Celestial spheres, Junior. The sun, the moon... catch my drift ?

30ww307.jpg
...He was talking about the stone discs ! But how are they to be aligned ? Wait a minute... wasn't there a huge wall carving in the maze, showing something similar ?

hwh18x.jpg
That's my boy.

Let's get back to that maze, then.

2cfzksi.png

And here we are. What do you know, the answer was right in front of our eyes the whole time. Is that a sun, a moon and a volcano ?

a1pt3k.png

Back to the colossus, we enter the new combination...

2rqy5cg.png

...and things get into motion.

4t96bc.jpg
Uh-oh.

2ufu936.jpg
What did you do now, Indy?

30ww307.jpg
I think I turned it on.

Yep. An ominous orange glow has covered everything, a strange piece of machinery just appeared from the ceiling and a stone pedestal emerged right below.

2lxfmdu.png

Unfortunately, that's not all that has appeared.

2rwq9vl.png

2d9sl09.jpg
I told you Jones would be of use to us !

iliuso.jpg
Kerner ! I knew I smelled a rat.

2i0y0x.jpg
All I smell, Herr Jones, is your fear.

qnjm06.png

Can you say "SHIIIIIT !" in Atlantean ?

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Last chapter is near competition and it's Colossal. Let's reach the next page.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom