Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Discover The Fate Of Atlantis ! (Completed)

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Darth Slaughter said:
I can't remember any difference in atlantis sections in the different paths.

I believe those differences may be related to the Items you collected through your chosen path, like how many orichalcum beads you have.

But the stone disks reminded me of the old copy protection system this game had on the floppy disk version.

Each page of the manual had a specific position on a stone disk, earth, moon or sun.

Old DRM...

On the fists path, you have to beat up nazis for a knockwurst, because you haven't got a sub sandwich. there are also some small differences with the eel and the jail as far as memory serves. That should be vague enough not to count as a spoiler.

taplonaplo

Scholar
What, wits has a Crete part too? :decline: It still is the most action packed route as i see it.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Ulminati said:
Since there are tiny variations for each of the 3 paths in atlantis as well, I suggest you go with the wits path through atlantis. I think there's 2 or 3 extra puzzles in there if you do.
There are slight differences only in the pre-chamber between the 3 paths. I think that afterwards everything is the same.

Darth Slaughter said:
But the stone disks reminded me of the old copy protection system this game had on the floppy disk version.

Each page of the manual had a specific position on a stone disk, earth, moon or sun.

Old DRM...
Oh yeah, I still have the manual somewhere. Back in the day where DRM didn't fuck your PC.

qliveur

Educated
ghostdog said:
And now we've seen all three paths. Yep, I actually went through all the three long, hard, unforgiving paths just for your enjoyment and amusement. I expect eternal gratitude, preferably of the monetary kind.
Thanks for doing this, ghostdog. It brought back some good memories and was very entertaining. :love:

Now MOAR! :P

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron

Here we are folks, at the entrance of the Lost City. Finally, after traveling around the world, battling Nazis, hijacking balloons and submarines, we've managed to find the entrance to Atlantis. 10.000 leagues under the Aegean sea, we've reached an airlock that hopefully leads into the Lost City.

2lsgsxx.jpg

From now on the game plays the same for all paths, but we'll be stating with the TEAM path in order to have some lame touch-in-the-dark opportunities.

Inside The Lost City.

I'm sure you remember that at the end of the Team path we hijacked the Nazi U-boat, saved Sophia and steered the sub into the airlock that leads to Atlantis. After such an awesome feat, maybe we should take a small break and have a talk with Sophia.

ipmx6e.png

35c3n9s.jpg
I guess so. I just didn't think it would be so dark.

fulwr9.png
Yeah, it's really dark in here.

35c3n9s.jpg
Don't get any ideas, buster... there must be a torch or something we can use.

Ideas ? What kind of ideas ? I don't know what you're talking about, darling ! I'll just feel around and try to find something of use...

2mflqqf.png

*SLAP*

124hmhu.png

Gee, I'm just trying to help here. As we continue to fumble around, we find a some kind of wood-thing:

al0k6e.png

Good. We take it with us, of course. Further on, it seems that some rubble is blocking the path. Let's try to-

1zmcolh.png

Wut ? I swear, this time I didn't do anything !

35c3n9s.jpg
Jones ? Hey, you're not Jones !

Huh ?

35c3n9s.jpg
Help ! INDY !

*muffled shouts*

xas843.png

What the hell ? Was that a door ?

fulwr9.png
Sophia ?

No reply. Things sure don't look good. But before doing anything else, we must find a way to get some light in here. Let's try to feel what's this thing that blocks our path...

2afis8w.png

Good thing we've got a ladder then, let's use it to climb on this thing. Thankfully after a while Indy's vision gets accustomed to the dark and we start to see a bit in the dark. (A cool effect, I may add.)

2w3qjoj.png

We open it to find something inside...

fulwr9.png
It's a metal rod with an opening on one end.

An opening huh ? I bet that this another one of those devices that are powered up by orichalcum. Let's use one of our beads :

i3ytd4.png

It worked, we now have an extremely powerful atlantean torch !

iliuso.jpg
Kerner must have grabbed her somehow.

We've found the light, but we've lost Sophia. Oh well, let's see if we can open that door. On the base of the statue here there's a spindle, so I guess we'll have to use our key-stones.

349ew6c.png

Thing is-- the combination we've used so far doesn't seem to work. We'd better have a closer look at Plato's Lost Dialogue...

2ywy44o.png

"Final entrance yielded only to contrary minds" Let's try the exact opposite combination, then.

35kk5zr.png

30ww307.jpg
The mouth of the statue opened !

You know what that means, we'll have to feed it an orichalcum bead and... Open sesame !

2yzbg46.png

Let's take that ladder with us in order to hinder any Germans that may come from the sub. Time to enter the place of our dreams. ATLANTIS !

2v3ol8j.png

FUCK. Another maze. And there are German troops patrolling the area... great. The placement of the rooms changes randomly in each game. Let's enter the first one. We find a statue here :

29vik1u.png

Apparently its head is loose, naturally, we decide to pick it up. It's an adventure game after all, so we know we must pick up anything that isn't nailed to the floor.

34q1ctl.png

In another room we find some kind of ancient dismantled robot.

29w6f6d.png

4t96bc.jpg
It's all over the place. You'd think Atlanteans wouldn't be such slobs.

What's of more importance, though, is that little bronze gear that's hanging from the wall...

2mpxst5.png

We take that too. Then we use the grate on the wall to reach another room.

zssr2g.png

There's nothing here except crabs. For some reason the whole maze is crawling with them. Anyway, let's get outsid-

157ga43.png

Damn.

2ni797c.jpg
We don't like people who get in our way. Especially not the likes of you, Herr Jones.

iliuso.jpg
Another Nazi stooge. Let's see how big a goon you really are !

314ug00.png

14wu8hc.png

It's a piece of sausage. I'm sure there's some kind of Double entendre to be found here, but I can't think of anything witty at the moment. I'll leave it to you.

Anyway, after all this ass-kicking, I'm sure Indy will get hungry eventually. Let's search some more chambers. We find another grate that leads to...

1zb8945.png

...an area that can't be reached by normal means. One of the rooms here has another one of those robots. We find another spare part here: a bronze wheel.

nxq45s.png

Further on, we find something even more interesting.

nnqwbq.png

30ww307.jpg
There's a pool of molten lava here !

You don't say. And there's a small opening on the side.

30ngrd1.png

Hmm, this looks a lot like that statue head we have. Let's see if it fits.

2vaayo7.png

It does ! Maybe we could use one of our containers to pick up some molten lava ? Molten Lava always comes in handy and it's a blast to have at parties ! You can melt your friend's faces and do other funny stuff.

4t96bc.jpg
I'd rather not stick my hand under a stream of molten lava.

Smart man. We'll come back here later, let's see more of this maze. In the next room we finally find out where all these crabs come from.

jufhpt.png

Hmm, maybe we could fill our jar with water from this pool...

30ww307.jpg
The jar is now full of water.

Ok, nothing more for us to do here now. Let's move on.

WHOA ! what's this place ?

2cdbn7.png

30ww307.jpg
The statue is holding an empty bowl. There's a tube from the top that's running down into the back of the statue.

Interesting... As we continue to examine the statue we see that there's a little peg above its head to the right :

ixdx0w.png

Since there's a wheel on the other side, I guess we should try to use the spoked wheel we found earlier...

dxzszs.png

Yep, it fits. Now, let's have a look at the top of this contraption. There's a funnel there :

2432plx.png

Hey, we have a jar of water don't we ? Let's see if it can be used !

30ww307.jpg
Nope. Guess it doesn't like water.

Hmm, we'll need to think of something else. For now we should search the rest of the place. Another grate leads us to a room with an eel statue...

i76d1u.png

It sure does ! We grab it and move on...

xbxxxf.png

21bitqv.png

Goddamit. We're constantly crawling in ancient Atlantean sewage... HUH ?

idyc7d.png

It's Sophia ! And right in front of us is another one of those stone robots. Are you thinking what I'm thinking ? A bead of orichalcum could probably put it in motion. Thing is, we only have ONE shiny preciousss bead left...

Oh well, we can't let Sophia get molested by the evil Nazi. We'll just have to use our last bead. :puts bead in statue mouth:

1zzg9b8.png

(I vill throw myself in front of zis massive robot statue and get ze iron cross !)

2r45wed.png

t97hvq.png

2aj19b5.png

2mn5hh.png

No iron cross for you, Fritz. Unfortunately there's no way to open the grate an get into the holding area. Let's try to communicate with Sophia.

30ww307.jpg
Sophia ?

2ufu936.jpg
Indy !

2rduj4x.png

33bo7l3.jpg
I'm sure it was picnic compared to life in this cell.

30ww307.jpg
Are you alright ?

33bo7l3.jpg
I'll feel a lot better once you get me out of here.

If she can bitch, she's alright

4t96bc.jpg
Did you miss me ?
2mr9tg1.jpg

33bo7l3.jpg
Put it this way... even YOUR company beats this cell.

This conversation isn't very constructive.

30ww307.jpg
Ok then, see you soon.

2ufu936.jpg
Don't leave me here Indy !

4t96bc.jpg
Trust me
2mr9tg1.jpg

In the end she changed her tune, but at this point we have no way of freeing her and we've just used our last orichalcum bead. We better get our shit together, or we'll become a permanent addition to this archaeological site.

:M

Stay tuned for the next thrilling chapter of Indiana Jones and The fate Of Atlantis™ ! Will Indy find a way out of this maze, save the dame and uncover the secrets of Atlantis before Kerner ?

We'll see...

Divinity: Original Sin
this last nazi soldier, the one watching sophia's cell, is the most difficult guy to beat.

he doesn't accept sucker punches, and he has a long energy bar.

He's like the ticket man from the zeppelin in the game indiana jones and the last crusade. I never could beat him in a fight, but i believe it can be done.

lightbane

Arcane
Moar!!! Also, I think there was an "alternate ending" of sorts if you didn't rescue Sophia when given the chance, but I don't know if that applied to all paths...

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
@Darth Slaughter:
Yeah, beating him with brawling must be extremely hard. I think he's even tougher than Arnold.

@Lightbane:
It can be done in all paths. You can just leave her in the dungeon, if you want to.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
It can be done. I did it a few years ago, after around 40 failed attempts. But you still need to use the statue to make it tip over and break open, so it's a bit of a wasted effort.

Ulminati said:
It can be done. I did it a few years ago, after around 40 failed attempts. But you still need to use the statue to make it tip over and break open, so it's a bit of a wasted effort.

If he's beatable, probably it'worth a feel iq points. In last crusade, the guy on the zeppelin was tough and there were means to dispose of him. But beating him was worth IQ point.

Arnold is unbeatable. Just like that guy in the brunwald castle in last crusade, biff.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
All brawls can be won. It's just that Arnold and the dungeon guard are extremely hard, and they're not really worth the effort. Not unless you're madly hunting for perfect IQ score.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron

Welcome back. We are in what seems to be the outer circle of Atlantis, but we have two major problems:
  • We don't have any orichalcum left (and believe me we need a lot)
  • We can't reach Sophia's holding cell.

334td7n.png

First things first : Let's get us some Orichalcum.

In Search For Orichalcum And Female Psychics.

We discover a room with a huge statue.

2i721r6.png

30ww307.jpg
The statue is holding a cup. Too bad I can't reach it, the chasm is too big.

Good thing we brought that ladder with us, then. We can use it to form a bridge and take the cup.

14sljkg.png

4t96bc.jpg
Surely, this is NOT the cup of a carpenter.
2mr9tg1.jpg

Another little reference to the movies. If we walk the outer rim of the maze we'll eventually come to a caved-in part of the Atlantean subway. There's a car filled with skeletons here :

xf53b.png

Skeletons have rib cages, and one of them catches our eye.

30ww307.jpg
This rib cage is more or less intact.

We grab it of course, since archaeologists like this kind of stuff. Eventually, we find an opening that seems to be leading into the inner circle. Let's check it out.

jufrci.png

Hmmm, a huge and locked double door and a fish-like statue.

4l4tjl.png

You know what that means. We need to feed it some orichalcum, so we better find some.

Hmmm, now that we have the stone cup maybe we could use it to obtain some lava ! Let's head over to the lava room. The trick here is to first place the cup on the pedestal and then put the statue head in the opening...

scqag0.png

2r2rm34.png

BINGO ! Now let's see if that huge machine likes lava.

ejsv8i.png

Hey, the cogs are starting to move !

1zlaqyq.png

5l6hwm.png

2vd67vd.png

YEEEAAAHHH !

This machine creates Orichalcum ! Actually, we can do this as many times as we like. Mondblut's book "Asperger Gamer Deluxe" tells us that we must do this mundane, repetitive action as many times as possible... but fuck that shit, we have enough beads.

Now, we should get back to that room with the sentry statues and give the fish-head some orichalcum.

2ps4sb9.png

jkd1fq.png

4t96bc.jpg
Uh-oh. That didn't go very well.

Damn ! It seems that the pool of water is blocking the doors. We must find a way to get rid of it...

Hey, back in Iceland, we used an eel figurine to melt the ice, maybe we can do something similar with that other eel statuette we found here !

Let's put a bead inside the eel-thing.

mh7w5k.png

2njw001.png

21dhqab.png

2u7ljki.png

30ww307.jpg
The figurine melted into a slug, but the gates are free !

:thumbsup:

Now the doors can be opened.

a43ejo.png

And we can access that chamber in the back...

25qunfb.png

...To find Sophia !

earxv4.png

30ww307.jpg
Sophia !

2ufu936.jpg
Indy, get me out of here !

Hang in there missy, there's a part of the broken statue that we want to pick up first :

2u47xms.png

Now, let's use our legendary strength to try and get this cell open.

357j778.png

BAZINGA !

2l95ut4.png

30ww307.jpg
Hurry Sophia, get out !

2jabd2.png

vhvzlu.png

33bo7l3.jpg
I don't know, the door makes me nervous...

Oh, for fucks sake !

iliuso.jpg
Brace the door with a rock !

33bo7l3.jpg
I don't have a rock !

iliuso.jpg
JUST TRUST ME !!

2ufu936.jpg
You I trust. The door I don't.

iliuso.jpg
I can't *grunt* hold this up much longer !

149bkgk.png

The woman is insane ! She can stay in there if she wants to.

2hnaqoi.png

33bo7l3.jpg
Don't you DARE leave me here, you... you... troglodyte !

Bah, women :roll:. Let's see where that opening leads to.

2lax5l5.png

Whoa !

30katcy.png

30ww307.jpg
The canal probably goes all the way around the city.

Unfortunately, the canal is inhabited. There's a giant octopus living here.

vrziwi.png

It sure does. And what's that crab-like craft on the other side ?

2wdu595.png

Cool ! Let's board it.

2uxvhpt.png

DAMMIT.

We'll need to get rid of that octopus if we want to move on. We'll deal with this in the next exiting chapter, where we'll fight the beast, avoid tentacle rape and decide if we want to save Sophia after all.

spekkio

Arcane
ghostdog said:
We'll need to get rid of that octopus if we want to move on.
May I suggest a Flint's solution?

ncba5w.jpg

Don't tell me those Atlantians hadn't invented submarines...

:smug:

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
spekkio said:
ghostdog said:
We'll need to get rid of that octopus if we want to move on.
May I suggest a Flint's solution?

Don't tell me those Atlantians hadn't invented submarines...

:smug:

Flint's solution is too crude. Indy is going to be much more creative
2mr9tg1.jpg

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
I ALWAYS forget to take the ladder with me when I enter Atlantis, then have to backtrack to the entrance to pick it up after I get to the chasm. EVERY. SINGLE. FUCKING. TIME. :rage:

Sceptic is not a learning animal.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Yes, it's that time of the week again. Time to discover ancient cities and fight monstrous octopussies.

1zq91z4.png

iliuso.jpg
...and I HATE snakes !

Sex and the Lost City

So, how the hell are we going to get rid of that octopus ? This is one of the hardest puzzles of the game, I was really stuck here the first time I played it. So, what do we do ? Since the beast is hungry we should feed it. And what better food than a live crab ?

24v5ds6.png

In order to catch it we must first set a trap. We put the sausage inside the rib-cage...

14izokj.png

And then we put the cage inside the pool.

a0yuf8.png

We got one !

30ww307.jpg
There's a crab stuck in the rib cage !

Let's go back to that canal and throw the crab to our eight-legged friend.

2wp40a0.png

f3bztz.png

The octopus seems satisfied and it leaves the scene. Sorry folks no tentacle raep here. Let's swim to the other side.

sliidz.png

24bp3jt.png

A bead of orichalcum does the trick.

30ww307.jpg
Whoa... that thing's got a motor.

So now we've got ourselves an Atlantean motor-raft. Unfortunately, the canal gates are closed, but it seems there's something on the top of the door :

30tnqdz.png

It's our key-stones that open the gates. We use the sunstone and move through.

2v0da4l.png

In the next room we find a couple of strange looking bone piles.

2j4d7gm.png

30ww307.jpg
These bones are weirdly twisted. Any human being with bones like this must have been diseased.

Hmm ? What the hell was going on here ?

11brvwm.png

30ww307.jpg
Maybe they weren't human at all, but something ELSE. What kind of demonic creatures looked like this ?

Maybe Indy will get his answer soon. Atlantis doesn't seem very glorious right now... Let's move on. In the next area there are some stairs leading up to a room.

34ybp1w.png

2dkd4zo.png

Here we find another ancient gear part.

30ww307.jpg
It must have been part of some ancient machine.

By a strange whim we decide to close the cupboard and that proves to be a good choice since we find a diagram on the other side of the door !

53a0j8.png

1z661ye.png

We can't make anything of it right now, but later it will prove to be useful. Further on, we reach an archway :

2mdiiqx.png

30ww307.jpg
I'll bet this leads further into Atlantis.

Indy's instincts are right. The archway leads to a huge gate, but the mechanism that seems to operate the gate is broken.

o5n68h.png

Let's see if our archaeological knowledge and our modern engineering talents can be put to good use ! First, we tie one end of the chain to the right arm of the statue...

jh37yq.png

But the rest of the chain is too short to reach the other hand loop. Hmm, it seems there's something behind the statues broken chest plate, let's check it out !

21bqj4o.png

What the... ?!

2r61ugg.png

Yep, we'll need to repair the statue/robot thing. After some failed combinations it seems that this is the right order to put the gear. Let's put an orichalcum bead inside the opening.

2pqj6fc.png

be9ax5.png

It works !?

2myx5jl.png

30ww307.jpg
The right arm is broken and it can't move.

:(

Great. I hope we haven't damaged it beyond repair. But what about that diagram we saw earlier ? It did show a statue-like thing and some other stuff that looked like the gear we used here !

Photographic memory said:

Let's see... it seems that in order to move the right hand from it's upper position we need the cog in the left-upper corner and the crescent-shaped gear to the right :

rhv1pl.png

35d2hjt.png

Yes ! The left hand moved closer and now we can tie the other end of the chain on it !

684qw6.png

Now let's move the arm back to it's previous position...

148b29.png

2iihfnc.png

...And open the gates to the inner circle of the Lost City !

2hgbv5j.png

FUCK YEAH !

hv6npt.jpg

But let's not move on just yet. It's time to make a decision. Do we want to save Sophia ? Do we like her feisty composure, or are we fed up by her constant bitching ? Do we want to score, or do we want to roll ? Are we MAGGETS or are we FAGGETS ? Am I drunk ?

Questions, questions, questions... I'm not going to make a poll, I already know what lies in the heart of the Codex (apart from filth, popamole and inanity that is):

MAGGETS : 10
FAGGETS : 5

"If you stare into the Codex long enough, the Codex stares back at you." -Ray Muzyka

It's settled, we'll save her.

So, back to game. Something came loose when we broke down the door :

2ngslc1.png

In that hinge pin lies the solution to the Sophia problem. We can either stab her in the throat, or hand it over to her...

2h8byp3.png

4t96bc.jpg
Maybe we'll think of something.
2mr9tg1.jpg

Let's try to open the cell door again:

x2s9ya.png

30ww307.jpg
I've got a plan.

2ufu936.jpg
Which is ?

30ww307.jpg
Brace the cage with the hinge pin !

2ufu936.jpg
You know, that just might work !

10sgqxe.png

2q8ab6c.png

4t96bc.jpg
Come on, Sophia, don't be angry !

33bo7l3.jpg
ANGRY ?! YOU LEFT ME ROTTING IN THIS HELL-HOLE !

iliuso.jpg
WELL, IF THAT'S HOW YOU FELL, MAYBE YOU SHOULD STAY HERE !

33bo7l3.jpg
MAYBE I WILL !

iliuso.jpg
GREAT IDEA !

33bo7l3.jpg
FINE !

n49s10.png

16j2cxs.png

55ifly.png

2mr9tg1.jpg

2lu7782.png

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

119s74y.png

1fu4d1.png

4t96bc.jpg
I'm not sure... I think Nur-Ab-Sal made me do it.

2ufu936.jpg
Is that so ?

Round 2:

ncdu78.png

nccpit.png

4t96bc.jpg
Yeah...
2mr9tg1.jpg

34ynz1t.png

2ufu936.jpg
Some sort of dungeon, I guess. Strange, I always thought Atlanteans were too advanced to need dungeons.

30ww307.jpg
Hmm. I wonder where the rest of the Nazis are.

2ufu936.jpg
They must be ahead of us. Let's get out of here. Somewhere beyond the waterway, Nur-Ab-Sal is calling my name.

4t96bc.jpg
You can hold my hand if you're scared.

2mxeedt.png

Unfortunately, there will be no actual sex in the Lost City, but I'm sure the romantic part of the Codex is satisfied.
2mr9tg1.jpg
Next time we'll finally meet our old friend Nur-Ab-Sal. Stay tuned !

spekkio

Arcane
55ifly.png

*fap* *fap* *fap*

Err, I mean, carry on, good sir!

:salute:

Also: you handled the C&C aspect well. The t(y)ranny of choices would be too much for us anyway :M

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Gondolin said:
Atlantis makes people horny.
Not to mention that constantly inserting beads into mouths can get your imagination rolling. :smug:

...What, don't tell me it's just me ?

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Eighteen years.

EIGHTEEN FUCKING YEARS and the thought never occurred to me. NOT. ONCE.

So yeah, it probably is just you ;)

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Hey, don't blame me. Blame :
2Znzz.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom