Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deus Ex sale on Steam for $2.49...

Malachi

Liturgist
...only until tomorrow. If there are any folks who wanted to pick up a classic for cheap and don't mind using Steam, this is a pretty good deal.

Malachi

Liturgist
I'm glad at least some could take advantage of the sale. $2.49 was so low that I almost succumbed to the temptation to purchase Invisible War, which is being offered at the same price. Thankfully, I restrained myself.

Joghurt

Augur
Damn the game is 10 years old nobody made a better FPS after it...

What a shame.

Cassidy

Arcane
DraQ said:
*hugs his original CD*

It was definitively worth its price on release. And like every original game I bought, it was its demo version that got me interested.

L'ennui

Magister
I have actually never played this game (or it's demo), so I'll be deflowering it with unrestrained glee.

EDIT: Are there recommended mods that don't alter the game so much as add to it?

Wulfstand

Prophet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yUvMuple5I

Oh man, just fucking listen to this... Best soundtrack any cyberpunk game could ever hope to achieve! It's just so glorious, so catching... fuck me I'm reinstalling this asap.

It also runs flawlessly on my dual-core rig! What the fuck is there left to ask?

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Wulfstand said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yUvMuple5I

Oh man, just fucking listen to this... Best soundtrack any cyberpunk game could ever hope to achieve! It's just so glorious, so catching... fuck me I'm reinstalling this asap.

It also runs flawlessly on my dual-core rig! What the fuck is there left to ask?

No matter how many times I listen to that it's still fucking awesome.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Bought it, despite the fact that I have the Sold out edition sitting on my desk. I even had the original macintosh release at some point.

J1M

Arcane
How does the Steam version work? Is it setup for Win7? How do mods et all work?

I have a copy of it but I would pay $2 for Valve to patch it up to Win7.

L'ennui

Magister
ScottishMartialArts said:
Just get an updated renderer. If you have a multicore cpu you'll need a special launcher. Other than that, no mods are needed.

Don't have much time to investigate this right now, but it seems I'll need it. Right now I'm getting weird speed inconsistencies (I'll boot up the game and everything runs waaaaay too fast... I'll boot it again and everything is now in half slow-motion... bizarre.)

EDIT: 5 sec search on MODDB.com got me everything I need.

Rohit_N

Prophet
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
J1M said:
How does the Steam version work? Is it setup for Win7? How do mods et all work?

I have a copy of it but I would pay $2 for Valve to patch it up to Win7.
It's just the original GOTY edition with a modified .exe that makes playing mods difficult (but not impossible).

All you need to "patch up" to Windows 7 are the updated renderers and to enable VSync.

Multi-headed Cow

Odd, I've got a multicore CPU and Win7 64bit and didn't notice any issues with the Steam release of Deus Ex. Only did the tutorial to make sure it ran though, maybe it's different in the game proper.

Rohit_N

Prophet
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
A good way for me to test was to just run straight forward after starting the tutorial and seeing if either I run too fast or Jaime Reyes' dialog cuts off early.

Secretninja

Cipher
I wonder if the steam version would run right on my laptop. None of the unreal engine games will run right on this thing, they have weird slowdown and they only solution I have come close to getting to work makes the games run at 2x speed all the time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom