Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's play - Dragon Age: Origins (finished)

Whom to choose as a companion at the endgame. Options are mutually exclusive.

• Alistair

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Loghain

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters

lightbane

Arcane
Either A or B.

Kthan75

Liturgist
Codex 2012 Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
No way Bro is sacrificing himself.

He must decide if he gets the pussy and sacrifices the child (quite Bro-like, IMO), or uses this opportunity to get rid of the bastard Loghain.

I'd vote for Dark Promise.

Nickless

Educated
Twinkle said:
This is it, bros. Choose your own ending. The game provides three options:

a) A Dark Promise. Bro makes love with Morrigan, she stays with the party until the end, everyone survives.

b) Redeemer. Bro declines Morrigan's offer, she leaves the party, Loghain makes the final blow to the archdemon and dies.

c) The Ultimate Sacrifice. Again, Bro declines Morrigan's offer, she leaves the party, Bro makes the final blow to the archdemon and dies. :(

How does this work if you play a female? Will you only be able to choose b and c, or does another option present itself? (Or the same? :s)

Kthan75

Liturgist
Anything interesting happens if you're female and romancing Alistair, does the game handle that somehow when Morrigan proposes her deal?

I'm about to find that out in my current playthrough, but I'm curious anyway.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
Templeman is awesome voice actor, even considering that Loghain is hardly his finest work.

Yeah. The character is pretty much a dipshit, but his voice... I'm conflicted. I guess this is what it has come to, back in the day an anti-hero was Kain, and now we have this

Anyway bro, I think you should sacrifice yourself (read : end this nightmare) so you don't have to play the most likely terrible expansion, think about this carefully

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Teeeheee, loved the dialogue/execution of Alistair. Whiny bitch.

My son was taken under cover of night. The things done to him... some of them are beyond any healer's skill.

Are they? The dude seemed pretty relaxed about it whenyou freed him

Templeman is awesome voice actor, even considering that Loghain is hardly his finest work.

I like Loghain and his performance there. He's really good, yeah

all high dragons in this game are female.

In the gameworld, yeah. You do meet male dragons tho.

The darkspawn that attacked Redcliffe were relatively few in number

...Then why were they still there? Wasn't the entire army around Redcliffe? Why didn't they kill em? Fuck, Riordan and Eamon alone would have been able to handle those stragglers.

Kthan75 said:
Anything interesting happens if you're female and romancing Alistair, does the game handle that somehow when Morrigan proposes her deal?

Yes. You can force Alistair or Loghain to impregnate her instead. Not sure how the romance influences that tho.

I don't think you can as a male, apparently the Dark God will be a half-dwarf freak...wait, hang on, can a dwarf even impregnate a human? I haven't seen any half-dwarves in the game.

Can you force Loghain to take on the job, Twinkle? If so, please do so, I haven't seen that yet. If not, go for B or A, either way. I've seen A before, but eh.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
B) Redeemer. Come on, it's Bro. He's an asshole. He got Alistair killed to get Loghain, now he'll get Loghain killed. It's what he does.

Twinkle

Liturgist
Sorry, bros, no redemption, the majority voted for pussy. :smug:

fi2a1.jpg

facemorrigan.jpg
Morrigan: Don't be alarmed. It is only I.

facebron.jpg
Bro: Finally decided to betray me, have you?

facemorrigan.jpg
Morrigan: Quite the opposite, in fact.

facemorrigan.jpg
Morrigan: I have a plan, you see. A way out. The loop in your hole.

facemorrigan.jpg
Morrigan: I know what happens when the archdemon dies. I know a Grey Warden must be sacrificed, and that sacrifice could be you. I have come to tell you this does not need to be.

facebron.jpg
Bro: I have no intention of sacrificing myself.

facemorrigan.jpg
Morrigan: And can you guarantee that another will survive the battle that is to come? That they will be there to take that blow? No, you cannot.

facemorrigan.jpg
Morrigan: So your choices are then to either flee as a coward or face the possibility that you may die. I offer another alternative.

facemorrigan.jpg
Morrigan: A ritual... performed on the eve of battle, in the dark of night.

facebron.jpg
Bro: Nothing comes without a price.

facemorrigan.jpg
Morrigan: Perhaps. But that price need not be so unbearable, especially if there is much to be gained.

facemorrigan.jpg
Morrigan: All I ask is that you listen to what I have to offer, nothing more.

facebron.jpg
Bro: Fine. Speak quickly. But I promise nothing.

fi2a2.jpg

facemorrigan.jpg
Morrigan: What I propose is this: lay with me. Here, tonight. And from our joining, a child will be conceived.

facemorrigan.jpg
Morrigan: The child will bear the taint, and when the archdemon is slain, its essence will seek the child like a beacon.

facemorrigan.jpg
Morrigan: At this early stage, the child can absorb that essence and not perish. The archdemon is still destroyed, with no Grey Warden dying in the process.

facebron.jpg
Bro: I like what I'm hearing so far...

facemorrigan.jpg
Morrigan: In return I conceive a child, one who will be born with the soul of an Old God.

facemorrigan.jpg
Morrigan: After this is done, you allow me to walk away... and you do not follow. Ever. The child will be mine to raise as I wish.

facebron.jpg
Bro: All right. I agree. I'll do it.

facemorrigan.jpg
Morrigan: A wise decision.

facemorrigan.jpg
Morrigan: Come, my love. Put the thoughts of the ritual aside and let us make this last night together one to remember.

fi2a3.jpg

fi2a4.jpg

fi2a5.jpg

fi2a6.jpg

fi2a7.jpg

The neck. :shock:

fi2a8.jpg

Black screen of love

4624969391_65b17c2cbf_o.jpg

In the next few days

fi2a9.jpg

fi2a10.jpg

4625572678_d72b9afb99_o.jpg

4624968211_810891d4a6_o.jpg

4624968333_70120131cc_o.jpg

4625573116_53a522d9d9_o.jpg

4624968681_eda7e8f528_o.jpg

facequeenanora.jpg
Anora: Before us stands the might of the darkspawn horde!

facequeenanora.jpg
Anora: Gaze upon them now, but fear them not!

facequeenanora.jpg
Anora: The man you see beside me is a dwarf, raised to the ranks of the Grey Wardens! This is not his home, and yet he still fights with honor and passion!

4624968853_fc35372564_o.jpg

facequeenanora.jpg
Anora: He has survived despite the odds, and without him, none of us would be here!

facequeenanora.jpg
Anora: Today, we save Denerim! Today, we avenge the death of my husband, your King Cailan!

facequeenanora.jpg
Anora: But most of all, today we show the Grey Wardens that we remember and honor their sacrifice!

facequeenanora.jpg
Anora: For Ferelden! For the Grey Wardens!

4624968967_f8a3f61e09_o.jpg

4624969103_be9c028d3a_o.jpg

Incline of tactics - at least nobody tried to enter melee with a bow. :lol:

4625573802_6c103c0492_o.jpg

4624969355_72b4206c14_o.jpg

4625614646_a5f44faa8b_o.jpg

You are easily amused, Riordan.

4625010427_5648da9f45_o.jpg

4625010555_73de86816a_o.jpg

4625010739_7a70b0e34a_o.jpg

It's a showcase of brilliant combat design: stomping trash mobs with a single strike.

4625615214_9307459157_o.jpg

4625615416_400b9ee0cd_o.jpg

4625615612_dd4e834da6_o.jpg

4625011441_9775fbf567_o.jpg

faceriordan.jpg
Riordan: You've managed to fight your way to the gates. We're doing better than I hoped.

facesten.jpg
Sten: That will change quickly.

faceoghren.jpg
Oghren: Bloody nug runners! We're outnumbered three to one!

faceriordan.jpg
Riordan: The army will not last long, so we'll need to move quickly to reach the archdemon.

faceriordan.jpg
Riordan: I suggest taking Loghain and no more that two others with you into the city. Anyone you don't bring with you can remain here to prevent more darkspawn from entering Denerim on our tails.

facebron.jpg
Bro: Why so small a group?

faceriordan.jpg
Riordan: A large group is only going to draw attention. And I think I know what we need to do.

faceriordan.jpg
Riordan: We're going to need to reach a high point in the city... I'm thinking the top of Fort Drakon might work.

faceloghainmad.jpg
Loghain: You want to draw the dragon's attention, I take it.

faceriordan.jpg
Riordan: We have little choice, though I warn you as soon as we engage the beast it will call all its generals to help it.

faceriordan.jpg
Riordan: I can sense two generals in Denerim. You may wish to seek them out before going to Fort Drakon.

faceloghainmad.jpg
Loghain: That may be wise. Not to mention that slaying these generals will help many innocent folk still in Denerim.

faceriordan.jpg
Riordan: It may also waste resources trying to find them. The decision is up to you.

facebron.jpg
Bro: I'm ready.

faceriordan.jpg
Riordan: There are already several units of our allies within the city by now. They may be able to come to your assistance if you call them, but their strength will be limited.

faceriordan.jpg
Riordan: Now, who do you wish to take with you into the city?

4625615930_3db56b9076_o.jpg

faceriordan.jpg
Riordan: Fair enough.

faceriordan.jpg
Riordan: Anyone else will need to remain here and assist in keeping more darkspawn from coming in the gates behind us. Who will lead them?

facebron.jpg
Bro: Sten would be suitable.

facesten.jpg
Sten: Very likely.

faceriordan.jpg
Riordan: Good. That should be sufficient.

faceriordan.jpg
Riordan: Nothing you have done has prepared you for what you face now. May the Maker watch over you.

faceoghren.jpg
Oghren: This is it, Warden. "When from the blood of battle the Stone has fed, let the heroes prevail and the blighters lie dead."

faceoghren.jpg
Oghren: As one of the blighters, I sodding salute you. Let's show them our hearts and then show them theirs.

4625872985_b7ae8044d8_o.jpg
Dawg: Worried whining.

facebron.jpg
Bro: Don't worry, boy. I'll be back.

4625872985_b7ae8044d8_o.jpg
Dawg: Happy barking!

facesten.jpg
Sten: Are you ready?

facesten.jpg
Sten: We have reached the battlefield at last.

facebron.jpg
Bro: I almost didn't expect to reach it.

facesten.jpg
Sten: Didn't you? I did.

facesten.jpg
Sten: You have carried us this far. Do not doubt that.

facezevran.jpg
Zevran: So now we head into the city together to face the archdemon, hmm?

facezevran.jpg
Zevran: Good. I was nearly afraid you were about to march inside without me. We cannot have that!

facezevran.jpg
Zevran: Let us go and teach this dragon a lesson, yes? It should have stayed in whatever hole it crawled out of.

faceloghainmad.jpg
Loghain: Let's get this over with, then. There is little time to waste.

facemorrigan.jpg
Morrigan: So we head into the city together. As it should be.

facemorrigan.jpg
Morrigan: Once this is done, no matter how it turns out I will be gone. You are aware of this, yes?

facebron.jpg
Bro: And if I die?

facemorrigan.jpg
Morrigan: Then I would mourn you, would I not?

facemorrigan.jpg
Morrigan: (Sigh) Allow me to say only one thing before we go.

facemorrigan.jpg
Morrigan: I was foolish. This could have been so much easier, yet I... cannot regret what was between us.

facemorrigan.jpg
Morrigan: I will always remember you... my love.

facemorrigan.jpg
Morrigan: Now let us see this finally done. The archdemon awaits.

Glory for the Warden

4625011821_20ca3df853_o.jpg

We're going to slay aforementioned generals.

4625876023_95fedc53ac_o.jpg

4625876121_bcc97d5674_o.jpg

Now even ogres serve as dummies for beating.

4626482486_a12684968c_o.jpg

4626482592_287ceef9f9_o.jpg

4626482704_5e0d5f6be9_o.jpg

Note the command wheel to the right showing available reinforcements. By the way, you won't be able pull 50 or so soldiers at once. There seems to be some kind of engine limitation on the amount of simultaneous combatants.

The general himself is not a weakling, though. His two-handed sweeps are really annoying.

4625876559_ebe35d349f_o.jpg

4626482926_7214b76dea_o.jpg

4625876749_14cf930c23_o.jpg

4626483128_de04e1c538_o.jpg

4625876997_bc76171ea9_o.jpg

4625877115_11c1fb1f33_o.jpg

4625877223_b3b9ceb73d_o.jpg

The general is dead and the Merchant Quarter is cleaned from darkspawn filth.

4626483516_ca156dcfbb_o.jpg

Erebus

Arcane
We're coming close to the end of the game and I still don't get what the effects of high/low influence over your companions can be. Could anybody provide a few examples ?

Radisshu

Prophet
Erebus said:
We're coming close to the end of the game and I still don't get what the effects of high/low influence over your companions can be. Could anybody provide a few examples ?

Well, if your influence is ridiculously low, they'll turn against you at some point, or leave the party.

Higher influence gives the characters bonuses. For example, Sten will get strength bonuses, Oghren con bonuses, etc.

Kthan75

Liturgist
don't forget teh romances. :D

And the threesome / foursome you can get, provided you have enough influence with certain party members.

is that not consequence enough?

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Anora's speech is one of the most pathetic melo-dramatic moments in the game.

That said:

No.

Fuck.

Hold on.

At no point in the game was it ever established that dwarves can impregnate human women. If they can, then where are the half-dwarves? Why is it never mentioned? This is a gigantic, gaping, lazy plot hole. What the fuck, BioWare.

Hieromancer

Educated
Brother None said:
Anora's speech is one of the most pathetic melo-dramatic moments in the game.

That said:

No.

Fuck.

Hold on.

At no point in the game was it ever established that dwarves can impregnate human women. If they can, then where are the half-dwarves? Why is it never mentioned? This is a gigantic, gaping, lazy plot hole. What the fuck, BioWare.

I hate to be a BioWare apologist, but you can reasonably justify this with the dwarves isolation and their focus on status in childbirth. It's very likely that half-dwarves have no place in dwarven society and wouldn't be taken in anywhere. Hell, they might even slaughter them on the spot if they were born... or something. That and the vast majority of the dwarves pretty much seem to be in one place, and they don't let humans into their society.

That and they'd have to make new models for half-dwarves. New models. C'mon, man, seriously.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Oh I'm fine with Orzammar lacking half-dwarves, that society is so traditional it makes sense. But there are dwarves above ground. There's dwarves in Denerim. This isn't the Witcher and not every woman is a total slut, but you're telling me those dwarves never went wild in the Pearl? Hell, even if most dwarves are repulsed by humans (plausible) there has to be some Codex-level human-loving fags out there (humries?)

I'm also fine with there being no half-dwarves actually in the game. Unless they're a big enough faction it doesn't warrant the work of making new models.

But if your friggin' amazing plot-twist point hinges on the fact that the male PC can always impregnate Morrigan, don't you think it might be worth the time to actually explain that dwarves and elves can impregnate humans in this setting? This is basic storytelling here.

Hell, they even wrote in an opt-out for chick PCs, they can force/coerce/persuade Alistair or Loghain to hit the witchbitch instead. WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T THEY THEN ALSO USE THIS OPTION FOR MALE NON-HUMANS

RETARDS

EDIT: whoa, looks like Gaider actually went into this
Without getting into the "why" behind the elves-and-humans-produce-humans thing (which I've talked about before), I will talk about why we didn't deal with it in the game. Primarily it's because we didn't have room. There's a lot of things that exist in the Thedas world that we weren't able to get into in Origins -- part of it is due to limited resources, but part of it is also because to properly address it we'd need to do it justice. We were already introducing the races and their situations, and adding on the complexity of explaining something that does need explanation would... get us what, exactly? You can't play one of the "elf-blooded" (this is what humans with mixed parentage are generally referred to, though I imagine "half-elf" could also be used in a slanderous fashion), and trying to explain the presence of a small number of humans in the alienage (as a for-instance) would have diluted the story we were already going for. Trying to fit everything that exists into the world in one story, after all, isn't really feasible.

I'd like to get into it. I think it's a possibility that has the potential for good drama, and even allowing the player to be elf-blooded might be cool in the future. But like I said, I'd want to do it justice. If your view on it is that you wanted half-elves to be there, and their omission is a fault -- then so be it. I can't really argue with that except to say that we don't think they're required. As some people have mentioned, it's not a widespread thing. Many elves resist having human children for cultural reasons, and many elf-blooded children will live amongst humans as full humans simply because they can get away with it and hiding their heritage means not having to suffer for it -- from humans as well as elves. Some few might be public about their identity, and unwilling to leave their parents behind, but like I said that belongs in another story.

Incidentally, for half-dwarves the situation is a bit different. Dwarves aren't a very fertile race to begin with, and far less so when it comes to mating with humans and elves. In fact, it would be considered rare... rare enough that it's considered more of an oddity than a group of its own. The result is also less stigmatized... primarily because it's also less noticeable. You end up with what would appear to be a tall dwarf or a short human. That calls for a new model -- which we weren't going to get, even if we wanted to address such a rare case. Again, it's certainly something we could do in the future, though such a character would still be considered unusual.

Fair enough. Doesn't actually explain why you never tell the player his character can impregnate Morrigan.

Not having enough room to fully explore it = fair enough
Never setting up a major plot-point properly = incompetent

Twinkle

Liturgist
We are going to save sorry elven asses.

4628887328_57e49dde9c_o.jpg

4628887566_25ab5f8c24_o.jpg

4630704658_9138a895d7_o.jpg
Shianni: Y-you! It's you! The Maker sure gave you the gift of good timing, didn't He?

Shianni: There is a large group of darkspawn approaching and the gates won't hold! We need your help!

facebron.jpg
Bro: I need you to fight with me!

Shianni: Fight? B-but we have no armor, and only simple weapons! We'll be slaughtered!

facebron.jpg
Bro: (Persuade) This is your home! Protect your families!

4628887618_c0d1ae86a9_o.jpg
Elf: The stranger is right! We have to do something!

Shianni: Yes, if we can hold them back, it'll give others a chance to escape.

Shianni: Tell us what to do, and we'll fight for as long as we can.

facebron.jpg
Bro: Defend the gate! Keep them from getting through!

Shianni: You heard what he said! Come on!

4628887618_c0d1ae86a9_o.jpg
Elf: They're upon us!

Ogre is bashing the gate. We have some time to soften enemy forces.

4628887774_be59930a6f_o.jpg

4628887908_4395b59fcf_o.jpg

4628284931_acf9c0494e_o.jpg

The second general is a proficient mage.

4628285055_934dc0a131_o.jpg

4628888408_70e2b175a0_o.jpg

Morrigan is down and the general still stands. Not good.

4628888526_595e84663c_o.jpg

Aw fuck, Loghain is alone. On the positive side werewolves were able to overwhelm enemy general.

4628285483_32b6f0bccc_o.jpg

That was close to reload. :wink:

4628285647_631b8c0dab_o.jpg

4628888886_6413e793c0_o.jpg

The remnants are easy kills.

4628286005_ae9bbaf4a3_o.jpg

Werewolves gave their lives for the safety of elves. Teh irony.

4628286129_929bc44058_o.jpg

Shianni: We did it! I... I didn't think it was possible!

Shianni: You've given us a chance to get back to safety. We will never be able to thank you enough.

Shianni: Please take this. I pray it helps you in your coming battles.

Shianni: We have to go. May the Maker watch over you.

4628889254_a035fed1c0_o.jpg

INCOMING!

4628286355_e025d409b8_o.jpg

4628889446_5649f6034a_o.jpg

A new location to clear.

4628286613_343fd86cf5_o.jpg

In the meantime, B-Team stationed near the gates requires our direction.

4628889812_447b35908e_o.jpg

4628286739_7dcff0e2cb_o.jpg
Officer: Beware! A large group of darkspawn have broken away from the battle!

4628286739_7dcff0e2cb_o.jpg
Officer: They're charging this way! They'll be here any minute!

4628889934_281ddf91b7_o.jpg

Way more NPC supporters during this encounter compared to Bro's adventures. In fact, only yellow enemies need personal attention.

4628890084_262b9f59ab_o.jpg

4628890204_56ca08d585_o.jpg

4628287265_695a455c06_o.jpg

Done.

4628287447_2ccdf0eda9_o.jpg

Messenger: Shall I send word that the gates are secured?

Sten: Yes. Send word we have won.

Messenger: Right away!

About Riordan. He climbs on the top of the tower...

4628287545_7b8f60b06b_o.jpg

...sees the Archdemon.

4628890746_33911f3e5c_o.jpg

...and performs extreme jump to catch his wings.

4628287673_6b43812db2_o.jpg

4628890880_e17353e063_o.jpg

Sadly, the big scalie is not particularly fond of little bugs massaging his spinal cord.

4628287795_cf118c9a0b_o.jpg

Epic fall.

4628287857_6f00e460f0_o.jpg

4628287951_b3637c98b1_o.jpg

It's officially up to Bro to stop the archdemon.

4628891170_668c5f6a40_o.jpg

With just a few hundreds of trash mobs to kill in process.

4628288147_e89a1e812e_o.jpg

4628891418_f23939496a_o.jpg

4628891562_3e97d5ddbb_o.jpg

4628891688_2ec705b8de_o.jpg

4628891866_055ece874b_o.jpg

4628891998_7261c51cf9_o.jpg

4628289037_68ef235b10_o.jpg

Smaller batch of darkspawn on top.

4628289193_a492667ce7_o.jpg

4628892456_2089aeda11_o.jpg

4628289517_ea93a3a9f1_o.jpg

4628289683_9bf4d3fbf2_o.jpg

The way is clear.

4628289767_b193cb7dfd_o.jpg

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
4628287673_6b43812db2_o.jpg

YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAA

This about resumes this game in a single picture. Who is this guy exactly? Why do we care? He dies, so what? What about your emotional involvement? I love this story, gotta stop the bad guy

lightbane

Arcane
Duur, Biowhore ripped off everything possible (mostly from Warhammer/ wh40k and the Forgotten realms setting pre 4th ed. Decline), that is not a surprise. And this "final" combat lookss so forced and bland it's not funny (who/why the hell was that grey warden trying to one-hit a fucking GIANT dragon with a so stupid move???).

Radisshu

Prophet
Well, Riordan fills the following function:

He informs you of certain Grey Warden duties no other character could know (that the GW needs to die in order to kill the archdemon)

But, because he is also a Grey Warden, they - I guess - needed to make him unable to kill the Archdemon, since Biowhore wanted the player or Alistair/Loghain to be teh sacrifice (excluding the Morrigan thing).

AND, I guess, they needed to explain why the Archspawnomon couldn't just fly away from the player when it was close to dying.

So they just made Riordan hurt its wings, impairing its ability to fly somewhat, sacrificing himself in the process, killing two ducks with one stone. Although in the Archdemon battle it still does fly around a bit, so that fucks it up.

EDIT: If I designed this game, I probably would have accounted for the existance of dragons more in the creating of the setting. Like making dragon specific weapons. How the fuck do you fight a giant lizard by repeatedly striking its legs? I'd probably make the ADDemon unkillable in combat, and have the player fight some evil darkspawn guy that serves as the demon's lieutenant while the demon has to fight some other solution devised by the player. Alternatives could be:
1 Some kind of super magic thingie (nya) that weakens the demon considerably, letting teh army kill it without any serious difficulty
2 Getting another dragon to fight the archdemon. I mean, other dragons would probably not like to company of darkspawn dragons, so one quest would basically just consist of finding a method to control a dragon, or lure the archdemon to another dragon, or something
3 Just having an army of cannon fodder swarm the fucker. An adventuring party of four couldn't possibly harm something like that, but what about a few hundred werewolves?
4 A dragon trap. A huge thing designed specifically to kill dragons. This would tie in with "getting the ability to lure the archdemon" I mentioned at 2, in fact, such a quest could have tons of different solutions, where you could use that lure to make the archdemon go to either the trap, or the rival dragon, or some other place.

It's just such a boring opponent, I'd even prefer a stereotypical "MWA HA HA, I will kill you for my MASTER" guy (or "YOU KILLED MY MASTER, NOW YOU DIE!") who serves the dragon and leave the dragon killing to the consequences of some shit you did earlier in the game.

Twinkle

Liturgist
You fight a dragon at Fort Drakon. Subtle, eh?

4641068141_6014cf84c7_o.jpg

The first area near the gate is quite small but choke full of orcs supported by mages and several mini-dragons.

4641068301_6b9a0271e0_o.jpg

4641675924_ae76924491_o.jpg

We unleash righteous templar fury upon them.

4641068689_c990f57726_o.jpg

4641676274_8eeacc875c_o.jpg

4641069103_3df89c5da6_o.jpg

4641676592_b0eb209892_o.jpg

For some reason the "army" won't follow you inside the fort.

4641676732_bcff9d8d3f_o.jpg

First, we encounter boss-like enemy conjurer, who's quickly debilitated.

4641676876_f8ffffd344_o.jpg

4641069729_82c1de26ff_o.jpg

4641069909_6e78bb4529_o.jpg

4641677412_fefa1c7f82_o.jpg

Zevran's skills are somewhat useful here.

4641677528_63a2c180a7_o.jpg

4641070309_257b7bd4f8_o.jpg

Yet another bunch of orcs lies in dust.

4641677798_0c2bfa2c46_o.jpg

Yay! Bioware sneaked lulz even there.

4641677956_f8d3a07ea6_o.jpg

4641070557_a938670b70_o.jpg
Sandal: Enchantment?

facebron.jpg
Bro: You're surrounded by darkspawn corpses! What happened here?

Sandal: Enchantment!

Sandal: Enchantment?

facebron.jpg
Bro: Sandal? You have any of your dad's wares for sale?

Forward and upward.

4641070721_0d5b4938ab_o.jpg

Guess what - more trash to stomp.

4641070857_39ce14d3d0_o.jpg

4641070993_2dc1d6af66_o.jpg

4641678602_cfd71abc14_o.jpg

4641071301_169e10b32b_o.jpg

Darkspawn have their own assassin caste. Interesting: are they sexually deviant too?

4641071459_43ccb837f8_o.jpg

4641679024_6213ce33c7_o.jpg

4641071711_1a8cfe13fa_o.jpg

4641679320_78c5677876_o.jpg

Almost there. Only one mage and two ogres separate us from the door leading to the top.

4641072011_f22f726469_o.jpg

4641072119_689ee9ed20_o.jpg

4641072235_eec67b1e84_o.jpg

4641072407_86da56dfff_o.jpg

Soon it will be finished.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
God the final areas are so boring, and take for-friggin' ever.

Morrigan bebby is obviously a sequel hook, but I wonder if some characters aren't being sequelbaited as well. I think we're supposed to be really curious about what Sandal is, and shit.

Next page?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom