Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's survive the Clock Tower... (100% Complete)

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
ghostdog said:
I will , I will...

but how about going to the next page first ?
There we go.

Murk

Arcane
My memory may be getting foggy, but if I'm not mistaken there is no actual 100% closure in the game and a lot of it is left as weird shit that happened and isn't explained, but rather left to conjecture/guess work.

I had thought it was there simply to make the game creepier/more mysterious -- as things get less uncomfortable the more you know about them. Mystery of the unknown and all that.

spekkio

Arcane
Darth Roxor said:
2z5rurt.jpg

:rage:

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron

Well, the story ended, but there's a lot of different stuff that can happen during various playthroughs and of course there are many different endings. So, Let's see what didn't make it into the LP so far. (It will be a long and maybe confusing read)

Code:
    ___     _      _            _   __                          
   /   \___| | ___| |_  ___  __| | / _\ ___  ___ _ __   ___ ___ 
  / /\ / _ \ |/ _ \ __|/ _ \/ _` | \ \ / __|/ _ \ '_ \ / _ | __|
 / /_//  __/ |  __/ |_|  __/ (_| | _\ \ (__|  __/ | | |  __|__ \
/___,' \___|_|\___|\__|\___|\__,_| \__/\___|\___|_| |_|\___|___/

Appearances of the scissorman :

-In the Doll room:

Clock-Tower1901.jpg

Correction: Looked nice.

Clock-Tower1909.jpg

-In the Music Room:

A plank from the ceiling falls down. That should give us a clue as to what is about to happen...

Clock-Tower2813.jpg

WAZZUP?

Clock-Tower2818.jpg

And if we still try to mess around the room and play a bit with the piano...

Clock-Tower2832.jpg

We're gonna hear another tune...

Clock-Tower2838.jpg

Clock-Tower2845.jpg

Clock-Tower2851.jpg

You know, I've faced the scissorman 100 times, I can now easily evade him and still... whenever I have this bastard behind me, my skin crawls.

Haunted record player:

Sometimes the record player will start playing a spooky tune , even if it's unplugged.

Clock-Tower1774.jpg

Painted wall:

I was baffled for a while as to what is the significance of this painted wall, but it's rather obvious. It's the built-up door where Jennifer's father was imprisoned.

clocktower920.jpg

Skeleton in the closet:

Here is a weird thing. Sometimes you may find the corpse of a woman in the closet of the Trophy room.

Clock-Tower1849.jpg
Clock-Tower1850.jpg

The corpse seems many years old, but its identity and how it came to be here, remains a mystery.

Bleeding Paintings:

If this was an icon of Holy Mary and Jesus we'd scream: MIRACLE ! But it's more likely a picture of Ms Mary bitch and demon child, so we'll just... scream.

Clock-Tower1852.jpg

Hiding Place:

Apart from the storeroom there's only one other hiding place to be found and that's in the bedroom. After trapping the parrot in the blanket, Jennifer can hide under the bed.

Clock-Tower1879.jpg

Clock-Tower1887.jpg

The Staff:

Sometimes instead of the Demon Idol the game will give you a staff and the game will play somewhat differently. You'll find the staff behind the curtain in the music room (instead of finding the scissorman).

Clock-Tower2827.jpg

Then, when you'll be in the mural room downstairs, you'll notice that...

Clock-Tower2880.jpg

Jeniffer_1.png
Part of it is hidden behind that shelf...

Let's move that shelf.

Clock-Tower2894.jpg
Clock-Tower2896.jpg

What's that ? It looks like a vase with a stick in it.

Clock-Tower2931.jpg
Clock-Tower2932.jpg

So, in the ritual room we'll have to put the staff in that vase...

Clock-Tower2943.jpg

And the hatch-door to the cradle will open.

Alternative car ending:

We've seen that if you try to escape with the car near the end of the game you'll at least manage to get away and live for 3 days. But what happens if you're a chickenshit and leave with the car as soon as possible ?

Clock-Tower1777.jpg

Clock-Tower1781.jpg

Clock-Tower1784.jpg

...you'll have a surprise passenger, that's what happens.

Elevator ending:

If you go straight to big boy Danny and don't find Lotte to tell you about the switches, then while going into the elevator, you'll have a nasty surprise...

Clock-Tower2099.jpg

:Jennifer screams:

Clock-Tower2116.jpg

Floor 3 ending :

If you choose to go to the 3rd floor with the elevator... Then as you reach the 3rd floor someone will open the ceiling hatch. Guess who it is.

Clock-Tower2377.jpg

Run Jenny !

Clock-Tower2381.jpg

Clock-Tower2390.jpg

After that, the switching on of the clock and scissorman's demise plays as usual...

Clock-Tower2411.jpg

Clock-Tower2443.jpg

But then-

Clock-Tower2458.jpg

mrsMary2.png
You... You killed my sons !

Clock-Tower2462.jpg

Clock-Tower2468.jpg

PPPPaaaaannnnniiiiccccbbbbuuuutttttooooonnnnn

Clock-Tower2472.jpg

:push:

Clock-Tower2474.jpg

Clock-Tower2480.jpg

Clock-Tower2490.jpg

It seems she wasn't adequately insulated...

:DAWN:

The Ignorant ending:

From the beginning of the game, if you decide to go straight to the courtyard and find Ann drowning:

Clock-Tower1586.jpg

Then, when you'll continue the game everything from the Hidden prison room, will have mysteriously vanished...

Clock-Tower2965.jpg

If you never enter the phone room either (thus never knowing anything about Mary or the boys) you'll receive two new endings. If you go to the 2nd floor with the elevator, then...

Clock-Tower2974.jpg

...Bobby will say, "hi". And If you go to the 3rd floor :

Clock-Tower2984.jpg

mrsMary.png
Good to see you, Jennifer. You're safe now.

Jenny runs happily to Ms. Mary...

Clock-Tower2994.jpg

Clock-Tower2996.jpg

only to come to a bitter end...

Clock-Tower3002.jpg

Girl Mortality:

First of all let's talk about the survival chances of our girlfriends.

Lotte will always die no matter what, but in order to achieve one of the "good" endings you'll need to keep her alive until the end where you'll find her underground.

Clock-Tower2128.jpg

Now, in the beginning of the game when you're walking in the corridor you'll hear a noise. If you decide to enter the Bathroom you'll find Laura dead:

Clock-Tower259.jpg

and then shortly afterwards you'll hear a scream and if you look out of the window you'll watch Ann falling down.

Clock-Tower647.jpg

On the other hand, if you decide to continue to the main hall instead of entering the bathroom, you'll witness the gruesome and spectacular murder of Ann:

Clock-Tower1640.jpg

TRIVIA:

Where is this scene copied from ?

Hint:

dario-sus.jpg

Find it and win 1.000.000 $ !!

But Laura wont be in the bathroom this time. Instead She can be found hiding inside the armor in the phone room.

Clock-Tower1922.jpg

But , alas, someone has already killed her.

Clock-Tower1927.jpg

So it seems that no matter what, all of our friends will die... WRONG !

We can choose to save either Laura or Ann. In order to do that, once you've witnessed the death of either one in the beginning of the game, afterwards you must NEVER look out of the window (if Laura has already died), or examine the armor (if Ann has already died). It looks like truth is only what Jennifer actually sees with her eyes :)

The "I almost saved her" ending:

If we do the above and try to save one of the girls, there are a couple of endings possible. If we go to the phone room and end up imprisoned in the shack, there's actually a way to escape from the shack and teach Ms Mary a lesson...

Clock-Tower1715.jpg

You'll punish shit, lady.

Clock-Tower1719.jpg

Clock-Tower1720.jpg

Clock-Tower1722.jpg

Ha, my melee pawned your ranged.

Afterwards, if we go as usual to the end, and choose to go to the 3rd floor with the elevator, then... after dealing with the scissorman our friend appears !

Clock-Tower3187.jpg

Clock-Tower3193.jpg

:hugs and kisses:

Aww what a nice moment... at last some happiness-

mrsMary2.png
Jennifer ! Only you... Only you...

Clock-Tower3200.jpg

Clock-Tower3202.jpg

Clock-Tower3203.jpg

Laura just went down to keep the scissorman company...

Clock-Tower3219.jpg

Clock-Tower3231.jpg

Clock-Tower3240.jpg

But then a flock of crows suddenly appears and attacks Mary !

Clock-Tower3246.jpg

This can only happen if you release the crow from the cage in the butcher-room. It seems crows are more noble than most people think and they definitely have a grudge against the Barrows.

Clock-Tower3247.jpg

Good riddance. Now Jennifer can at last watch the dawn, alas, by herself.

The Secret Ending:

But it's not over folks, there's a secret ending !

We'll try to save one of the girls and *NOT* end up in the shack imprisoned. Basically it's the same route as the LP but without having watched our second friend die...

Then, after using the elevator to go to the 3rd floor and then climb onto the Clock Tower we'll find someone lying unconscious...

Clock-Tower1940.jpg

I chose Laura because she's less annoying than Ann and because Ann dies in more interesting ways...

...Ok, the real reason I chose her, is because she has big boobs.

Clock-Tower1966.jpg

After the demise of scissorman, Jeniffer finally realizes her friend is here...

Clock-Tower1977.jpg

BUT SUDDENLY !

Clock-Tower1984.jpg

Clock-Tower1985.jpg

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

the panic button doesn't work !

Bye bye cruel wor-

Clock-Tower1999.jpg

The crows came to the rescue !

Clock-Tower2003.jpg

As I mentioned before this only happens if you've previously released the crow from the cage.

Clock-Tower2007.jpg

Crow bros avenged :brofist:

Clock-Tower2014.jpg

Then Jennifer will wake up Laura...

Clock-Tower2023.jpg

Clock-Tower2027.jpg

And they'll watch the sunrise together...

Clock-Tower2044.jpg

What did I tell you about them boobs ?

Clock-Tower2054.jpg

EPILOGUE:

So what the hell is going on with this Barrows mansion ? The game never really explains things, it only gives you various hints. That's a good thing since things remain mysterious and you don't get the "Oh so all this was because of --enter cliche reason--" reaction, but on the other hand you never really know what happened.

We can assume that the Barrows family has been practicing Demon worship for many years not only because the old mural but also because of the fact that the house seems "possessed".

Now at some point Mary and Simon Barrows pulled a rosemary baby thing --only better since they got twins. They needed a doctor for the birth and that's when they called Jennifer's father. When he ceased to be useful, they killed him. It's also hinted that Mary and Simon are relatives since Mary is mentioned as the owner of the mansion and her husband's name is Barrows. So the babies where most likely the result if incest. Well, at least they didn't play banjos.

Also it's obvious that at some point Simon Barrows couldn't take it any more and tried to get rid of his children. Bobby could not handle the sounds of the clock tower , that's why they shut down the clock at his birth. From the notes we find it seems like Simon Barrows was thinking of turning on the clock again to drive Bobby into madness. If there are any more magical properties tied with the Clock tower, that we don't know.

As for the reason to why Mary adopted the girls, obviously she wanted them as sacrifices for the demonic rituals. Whether she picked Jennifer because she was the doctor's daughter or by chance, is unknown. Though maybe it was a twist of fate for Jennifer to end the Barrows Mansion's horror since her father died trapped in it. There is also a theory that the corpse found in the trophy room is Jennifer's mother, which makes some sense.

In the PSX sequel I think that some things are explained, but I've yet to play this one. Anyway....

:it is a mystery:

FUCK YEAH !

Clock-Tower3263.jpg

WHO'S YOUR DADDY NOW ?

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Post your questions and I'll answer them later. Have to go to the cinema to see some Korean cult movie. I hope it's not shit.

BYE !

lightbane

Arcane
Awesome, now either continue the Bloodnet one or do the Clock Tower's sequel for the psx.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Tip of the hat, sir.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom