Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's survive the Clock Tower... (100% Complete)

Tails

Arbiter
Damn looks like a damn good game, gonna try it out one day.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
use the chicken to swing down the rope

also btw:

:( this is p fuck up poor jennifer mang

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I don't remember how to save ann. Actually can you get the best ending now?

PS: you can knock out that bitch.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
SCO said:
I don't remember how to save ann. Actually can you get the best ending now?

PS: you can knock out that bitch.
Ah yeah I didn't think of arm-wrestling her... but whatever, I'm gonna go another route and try to save Lotte. Also, I'm not sure about the best ending. If the ending consists of saving Ann, then obviously no, but to me it seems like she's meant to die. I mean she even dies in the comic book.

Erebus said:
How about taking the piece of wood on the right, hiding behind the door and sneak-attacking that treacherous bitch ?

(Or using the piece of wood to break the light bulb ?)
Great idea, if only the piece of wood was pickable or the light breakable :)

Anyway, I've already gone another route that seems more "right".

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I finished the game on S and a few other endings.
I remember:
You can save Anne or Laura

Murk

Arcane
I love any game that punishes you with multi-tiered dead end situations like this.

Carry on you stalwart young buck.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
SCO said:
I finished the game on S and a few other endings.
I remember:
You can save Anne or Laura
you dawg :)
Yeah I guess that depends on entering the bathroom or continuing to the hall at the beginning

DriacKin said:
So, how long is this game?
Seems to me that this game is pretty short.
It's not very long, but its replay value is gigantic. It's extremely unlikely you'll get one the best endings in your first playthrough (without a guide). You basically need to replay and try different things. It's amazing how many things can play different according to the route you choose (not to mention the amount of randomness in certain things).

Pliskin

Arbiter
The door flew open, in he ran,
The great, long, red-legged scissor-man.
Oh! children, see! the tailor's come
And caught out little Suck-a-Thumb.
Snip! Snap! Snip! the scissors go;
And Conrad cries out "Oh! Oh! Oh!"
Snip! Snap! Snip! They go so fast,
That both his thumbs are off at last.

daumen3.gif

Struwwelpeter

Influence?

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Heh, I wasn't aware of Struwwelpeter's work. Who knows?

As for the un-japness of the game, well, sometimes Japs can do wonders when they deal with Horror themes (Silent Hill !, Silent Hill !). And let's not forget that it's obviously a game greatly influenced from Dario Argento's films and probably other western horror flicks like Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street, etc.

Update will be probably coming some day time today.

lightbane

Arcane
Luzur said:
you mean no lolis or tentacles?

Wisdom: Actually, the scissorman could be one of Mr Barrow's deranged (and deformed) sons that were seen in these obscure portraits, so still it could be a place for loli and tentacles IMO.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
DREAMS OF FREEDOM

WELCOME !

Episode 6 of the haunting Clock Tower Saga is finally here. Feel the tension rising as we watch young Jennifer's struggle to survive in the horrific halls of the Barrows Mansion. Will she meet a violent, bloody end in the hands of psychopathic killers, or will she manage to unveil the unholy mysteries of the dreaded Clock Tower ?

STARRING :

Jeniffer_1.png
Jennifer: - She arrived with her 3 friends from the orphanage in Clock Tower to be adopted by the owner, Simon Barrows. She soon realized that the adoption was just a pretense. What the Mansion owners really wanted was fresh teenage meat. She is in a place of horror, where she and her friends are being hunted by deranged maniacs, will she escape ?

Laura.png
Laura: - Jennifer's friend from the Orphanage. She was the first to die in the hands of the Scissorman. Jennifer found her hanged and gutted in the bathtub.

scissorman1.png
Scissorman: - The killer that runs rampant in the mansion. He uses huge scissors to cut his victims and appears when you least expect him. He's a deformed midget still wearing his children clothes. Is he Barrow's son ? Is he the offspring of some unholy union ? Is he the result of 10 years of intense Oprah-watching ? It is a mystery.

Ann.png
Ann: - Another one of Jennifer's friends. She met a horrible end when she was pushed out a of window by the usual suspect.

mrsMary.png
Ms.Mary: - She brought the girls in the mansion and is seemingly treating them with kindness, but her real motives are sinister. Who is she really? She definitely has a strong connection with the Barrows Mansion and most likely she's a member of the family. She knows of Clock Tower's horrific secrets and one thing is for sure, she brought the girls here to be sacrificed for some unholy purpose.

parrot.png
Evil Parrot: - Despicable creature with mean disposition and verbal assaults. We can get rid of it by wrapping it in a blanket, thank god.

lotte.png
Lotte: - The last one of Jennifer's friends and the only one still alive. Will Jeniffer manage to save her on time ?

Barr2.png
Simon Barrows: - The presumed owner of the mansion, but it is revealed that he doesn't have influence anymore in the dark events of Clock Tower. He has been imprisoned and left to rot in a dark cell. Almost starved to death he is close to madness.

Clock-Tower015.jpg

CLOCK TOWER

The Clock on the tower Stopped working many years ago. What events transpired that made this place a haunted mansion of horror ? We can presume the birth of two children has something to do with it and we've also got hints of occult rituals in the mansion. "Hold the demon idol with great care. A tree in a forest, a person in crowds" the note said. "Cradle under the star..." muttered Simon Barrows. Were these just the ramblings of a madman or do these words have real significance ?

Maybe we'll find out.

Code:
    ___                                  ___  __     ___                   _                 
   /   \_ __ ___  __ _ _ __ ___  ___    /___\/ _|   / __\_ __ ___  ___  __| | ___  _ __ ___  
  / /\ / '__/ _ \/ _` | '_ ` _ \/ __|  //  // |_   / _\ | '__/ _ \/ _ \/ _` |/ _ \| '_ ` _ \ 
 / /_//| | |  __/ (_| | | | | | \__ \ / \_//|  _| / /   | | |  __/  __/ (_| | (_) | | | | | |
/___,' |_|  \___|\__,_|_| |_| |_|___/ \___/ |_|   \/    |_|  \___|\___|\__,_|\___/|_| |_| |_|

Last time we got a glimpse of various possible outcomes in our saga, let's see what other little details we've missed so far...
On the far left room of the west wing we come across a... trophy room ?

Clock-Tower1404.jpg

Hmm... what's in these jars, I can't... oops !

Clock-Tower1406.jpg

Jeniffer_2.png
Oh my god, what is this...!

Clock-Tower1410.jpg

Yikes ! A human heart ? It's a trophy room alright...

There's nothing else in this room to be done, at least for now. Downstairs, the corridor is filled with statues and there's a lonely room to the far right. Let's check it out.

Clock-Tower1424.jpg

So, it's a music room, and it has the essential record-player and piano. We can play an ominous tune on the piano, if we want.

Clock-Tower1428.jpg
Clock-Tower1434.jpg

But what's important is what lies behind this curtain. In some playthroughs you may find a scepter which would be crucial for finishing the game. If not, you'll have to use another item --instead of the scepter-- which you'll find somewhere else. In this case behind the curtain we're greeted by...

Clock-Tower1441a.jpg

The scissorman !

Clock-Tower1445a.jpg

You know the drill !

Clock-Tower1453a.jpg

But Jennifer has to cover a big distance now and she just can't keep up the pace !

Clock-Tower1464.jpg

Get up girl, he's coming !

Clock-Tower1470.jpg

Ok maybe we should try hiding in the garage, it's closer than that storage room.

Clock-Tower1473.jpg

Fuck, he's right behind us !

Clock-Tower1476.jpg

Phew ! He's leaving... at last, we can relax....

Clock-Tower1482.jpg

Ok. let's lie down a bit and...

SHIT !!!!

Clock-Tower1492.jpg

Hurry Jennifer, climb down the ladder !!

Clock-Tower1493.jpg

But Jennifer can't handle the tension...

Clock-Tower1495.jpg

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Clock-Tower1189.jpg

I love this game.

So the car shed is not the best place to hide. I guess we'll have to go back to our old and trusty storage room...

Clock-Tower1502.jpg
Clock-Tower1509.jpg

But you know what ? Fuck this shit. I say we get the hell out of here. Let's try that car again...

Clock-Tower1525.jpg

Jeniffer_1.png
What should I do...

Go for it baby ! It's survival we're talking about.

:starts engine:

Clock-Tower1541.jpg

Clock-Tower1543.jpg

That's my girl!

Clock-Tower1549.jpg

And we ride under the moonlight, away from the dreaded mansion. YEAAAAHHHH
Rejoice, because we got the CAR ENDING.

Fuck yeah, we've beaten the game

Another notch on our gun

BUT...

Clock-Tower1555.jpg

Clock-Tower1556.jpg

Clock-Tower1557.jpg

It seems that leaving the Clock Tower is not that easy... Not until we've uncovered more of its dark secrets...

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Clock-Tower1555.jpg

SENSE: this makes none. Why the hell would she return to the orphanage when the people running it could be a part of THE CONSPIRACY just like Ms Mary?

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
AT this point she doesn't know that Ms Mary is in the conspiracy, the previous chapter ended in a "dead end" and this one is another run. So, at this point *we* know about Mary and Barrows, but not her.

Also the orphanage is probably the only place she's known, so it makes sense.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
I saw a piece of two video LPs on Youtube (in which both assholes playing it would refuse to shut up, going as far as saying out loud every conversation and comment that comes up on the screen, effectively killing any atmosphere a video LP might have), so I can see this game might be hard to play without backtracking and running around a lot.

But I do wish the updates were a little longer, if possible.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
ghostdog said:
AT this point she doesn't know that Ms Mary is in the conspiracy

Ah, yes, good point. I forgot about the powers of save/load :retarded:

But still, even contacting the cops to tear the place down would be SOME option.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
SerratedBiz said:
But I do wish the updates were a little longer, if possible.

Hey, I've released 6 chapters in 4 days ! It's a fucking guiness record !

Allanon

Augur
Very good LP and quite an interesting game. Thanks for doing this and please continue asap :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom