Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Bethesda E3 2015 Conference: Fallout 4 gameplay video, coming November 10, Dishonored 2 announced

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Arkane Studios; Bethesda Softworks; Dishonored 2; Fallout 4; Fallout Shelter; Harvey Smith; Raphael Colantonio; The Elder Scrolls: Legends; Todd Howard

E3 proper begins tomorrow, on June 16th, but last night, Bethesda held their own private press conference on the premises. The star of the show was of course Fallout 4, which was revealed to be coming out this year, on November 10th. There was no new trailer, but Todd Howard did get on stage to show off some gameplay snippets. Here's a video:

Well then, what do we have here? Dialog wheels. Minecrafty crafting and housing elements. Contextual dog control. Vertibird turret segments. And in the Pip-Boy, no skills to be seen, just SPECIAL and perks. Oh deary dear. You can read more about the video over at GameBanshee, or visit our Fallout 4 thread for a rawer take.

But wait, that's not all! Bethesda have also released an F2P Sims-like vault management game for iOS called Fallout Shelter (trailer here). And they're making an Elder Scrolls F2P "strategy card game" for iOS and PC called The Elder Scrolls: Legends (trailer here), to be released later this year. Because everybody's doing it these days, right?

On the more positive side, Arkane's Harvey Smith and Raph Colantonio also came on stage to announce Dishonored 2, which is set to arrive in Spring 2016. It's set 15 years after the first game, in the Latin/Mediterranean-inspired island of Serkonos, and features both Corvo and the grown up Empress Emily Kaldwin, now deposed by a mysterious usurper, as dual protagonists (it's still strictly single player, though). Here's the trailer:

The full two and a half hour Bethesda E3 showcase, which also features the next Doom game from what passes for id Software these days, is available for viewing here.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
The voice of the guy at the door in Fallout 4 gameplay demo is the same as the voice from Diablo 1 reading the tomes found in the game. :)

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
50 weapons 700 modifications

GA_tFE.gif

j8HZBw.gif

iOa_cz.gif

mJ5_MI.gif

and Todd Howard as himself

2u40rps.jpg

Last edited:

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Fallout 4 on my birthday?
Interesting.

Certainly not crazy enough to buy on release, though.

lol @ removal of skills.
Yeah, why bother players with all those numbers :lol:

Honestly, though, combining perks & skills is not that bad (if that is what they did), it can work just as well with ranked perks. It can. Wonder what Bethesda did with it, though...

Last edited:

Ogg

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Is the public (which is composed mainly of professionals, I think) excited by things as basic as being able to play a female character ? GOTY, naturally.

Maldoror

Scholar
Is the public (which is composed mainly of professionals, I think) excited by things as basic as being able to play a female character ? GOTY, naturally.

Take enough features away, or make it seem as though those features will be removed, and people will get excited for anything.

Stinger

Arcane
FalloutNV gave me closure. FalloutNV gave me closure. FalloutNV gave me-

Fuckin hell I got mad at that Minecraft bullshit and biowarean dialogue wheel and no skills.

Well played Toddler. No intelligence and max Luck indeed.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
The only good news from Bethesda is that they have not been showing off MCA.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
"as a female" :lol:

How very anti-Sawyer to remove skills but keep attributes.

On the plus side, perception now actually does something useful (affect VATS accuracy). The way they worded charisma makes it vague whether or not they decided to say to hell with Josh and keep randomized dialogue checks.

Cynicus

Augur
Todd equipped the ring for Charisma 7. No way that's a natural.

Bethesda gonna Bethesda, but I'll definitely be popamolin' the shit out of Dishonored 2. Ooooooh pretty!

mike73

Novice
Question, why do almost all textures look like the ones not yet loaded in RAGE? You know, that streaming texture system crap.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom