Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Bard's Tale IV Kickstarter Update #1: $850k raised, in-engine footage coming soon

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Bard's Tale IV; Brian Fargo; InXile Entertainment; Matt Findley

After its first 32 hours of funding, The Bard's Tale IV Kickstarter campaign has raised over $850,000 from over 20,000 backers. By my estimation, that puts it somewhere in between Wasteland 2 and Pillars of Eternity/Torment in terms of funding success. It seems, however, that inXile are intent on drawing out that first day rush for as long as they can. In the game's very first Kickstarter update, Brian Fargo reveals that they plan on showing some Bard's Tale IV "in engine footage", not near the end of the campaign as some may have expected, but within the next few days:

Once again you have come through with a smashing first day. We are just 11 hours into the campaign and have already achieved 50% of Kickstarter goal for the Bard's Tale IV. I must also thank my many industry friends who have supported us through their social media campaigns. This list extends to our so called competition like Obsidian, Larian, Harebrained, Cryptozoic, Otherworld, Portalairum, Razer and so many others. The concept of game companies supporting each other in such a grand scale was unheard of many years ago. Our relationships have grown closer with you and the development community, the way it always should have been. Our 24 hour promotion for free copies of Wasteland 2, or The Witcher, or The Witcher 2 continues on until 6am PST tomorrow morning, so make sure to tell your friends before it runs out. With Wasteland 2, we're happy to have people enjoy the fruits of our first Kickstarter campaign as a company as we hope to keep these going for a long time to come.

Upcoming Prototype Footage!

We have some great surprises in store for you over the next month, the biggest of which is in engine footage for Bard's Tale IV. We're feverishly working to clean up a few more things, but it will be ready in the very near future. It's over 3 minutes long and should give you a good sense of what the world will feel like. I hope you are as impressed with it as I am, so look for it this week.

Tiers and Add-Ons

Our team is reading all of your comments and direct messages. Please keep them coming! We've seen a large demand for a tier that contains the Premier Collector's Edition as well as the Album style box, along with a few other goodies. For this reason, we added the $230 Tier, where you get both boxes as well as Alpha Access and all kinds of digital goodies. As well, we introduced our first Add-On, an extra digital copy of The Bard's Tale 4. This can be added on to any pledge of $20 or more. The details of which are on the bottom of the Kickstarter page.

Much More to Come!

This is just the beginning. Along with the video, we've got some great concept images and a few other surprises along the way that should please fans, both seasoned and new. We're so glad to have you along for the ride...
Furthermore, in an additional update, inXile second-in-command Matt Findley informs us that the offer of a free copy of Wasteland 2, Witcher 1 or Witcher 2 has been extended an additional 24 hours. Will that be enough to push the campaign over its goal on its second day? I'm not sure, but I doubt it'll be much longer after that.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Looks like the $20 Early Bird tier has run out, so they added 10,000 $25 tier slots.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
It's starting to look less and less like Buzz Aldrin's Race Into Space 2.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
Someone trolled Dawn off Kickstarter

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/the-bards-tale-iv/comments

Shayne Bates 30 minutes ago
Dawn

Are you the same Dawn that was harassing those poor guys over at the RPGCodex?

Dawn_ 14 minutes ago
@Shayne...

I wonder how it is even possible for a single person to be harassing a whole forum..
Anyway you got it backward. They made a negative article about a game i was backing, i just said on the comments section of the game to the creator that it should take it easy.

My comments got copy/paste on their foum and got bashed there, i tried to defend myself by contacting the admi who copy paste my answer and i got again bashed there..then on several campaign i was their members came at me isulting me and making me leave several campaigns.

So, indeed i am the same and only. They aren't poor guys but morons and if one person have been harassed in that story it is me. Now, if you're part of that cohort you tell me..i'll leave the campaign i don't want to be harassed again by that flock. I'll use paypal.

Shayne Bates 3 minutes ago
Dawn

The RPGCodex was a strong supporter of Kickstarter RPGs since the beginning. Off the top of my head, about $20 000 was raised to support multiple campaigns.

They're a surprisingly timid bunch over a the forums. You may have noticed that there has been a notable lack of enthusiasm for campaigns after the harassment they received by an aggressive individual going by the name of Dawn.

I think the Kickstarter community is much poorer without the RPGCodex, and I think you have had a part in that.

Dawn_ 2 minutes ago
But thx for bringing it up. It such a nice memory..having been harassed for months after everywhere i was going and plus being accused of having done what i actually suffered..

Good luck Inxile and hi to every backers i know and such. I don't feel like particpating anymore in this campaign. Cya around.

Dawn_ less than a minute ago
Look leave me alone ok? They've done me enough bad like that. Believe what you want, think that i am the bad guy. Me, i am just alone and this is a whole forum. Now, you've won, i leave. be happy with them.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Dawn_ 4 minutes ago
Well Adam i don't know if you're saying that for me. Atm, i feel bad..like i want to throw up or suicide myself and i am not suicidal or someone emotional..but i've got so much enough of that cyber-bullying..that story those people.

But if you want my opinion if one person is enough to make them stop their support toward KS then they aren't worth much and doesn't understand the value behind crowdfunding.

Bryy, i think you got it wrong. it's not about thinking it as a pre-order system. It's just that having wait for years support it endure..it is hard to swallow to see others that weren't there since the first get everything without the wait.

Dawn_ 1 minute ago
Me, my conscience is clear. I am a good person, a really not often find on earth good one.
I am a nurse, i do voluntary work with handicaped kids i am on several association..
I got harassed, insulted, bullied for months over nothing just for saying to a sad creator
that he shouldn't take their words at heart that they were a bunch of elitist.

So fuck it. Now i am off.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Secretfire 5 minutes ago
Dawn - I think you misunderstood. "poor people at RPG codex" is almost CERTAINLY a joke, since the main point of RPG codex is to troll professional game companies with the most negative bile possible.

Dawn_ 2 minutes ago
Secretfire, i don't know and i don't care..i just know that they made me suffer for monthsafter that and i almost wanted to live in a hole. I just don't want to go through that again.
N.A.Jones 2 minutes ago
The Codex is full of misanthropes, but they usually have some pretty good discussions that dive super deep into mechanics and what makes an RPG tick. There's a reason developers like Larian, Obsidian and InXile have devs that occasionally post over there and many admit that they at least lurk.

But hey, it must be way easier to write off a whole community of people because some of the people there aren't very nice.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Shmerl 7 minutes ago
@N.A.Jones: I never used Codex, but find Witcher (CDPR) forums very interesting for discussing gaming and RPGs in particular.

@Shmerl

The RPGCodex has a whole subforum dedicated to the Witcher 3!

Not because anyone thinks the game deserves one mind you.It was because there are so many poles on the site they needed to contain them in one place.

Zeriel

Arcane
Shmerl 7 minutes ago
@N.A.Jones: I never used Codex, but find Witcher (CDPR) forums very interesting for discussing gaming and RPGs in particular.

@Shmerl

The RPGCodex has a whole subforum dedicated to the Witcher 3!

Not because anyone thinks the game deserves one mind you.It was because there are so many poles on the site they needed to contain them in one place.

LMUeHG6.gif

I can't express how happy the last few posts have made me.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Dawn_ 4 minutes ago
Well Adam i don't know if you're saying that for me. Atm, i feel bad..like i want to throw up or suicide myself and i am not suicidal or someone emotional..but i've got so much enough of that cyber-bullying..that story those people.

But if you want my opinion if one person is enough to make them stop their support toward KS then they aren't worth much and doesn't understand the value behind crowdfunding.

Bryy, i think you got it wrong. it's not about thinking it as a pre-order system. It's just that having wait for years support it endure..it is hard to swallow to see others that weren't there since the first get everything without the wait.

Dawn_ 1 minute ago
Me, my conscience is clear. I am a good person, a really not often find on earth good one.
I am a nurse, i do voluntary work with handicaped kids i am on several association..
I got harassed, insulted, bullied for months over nothing just for saying to a sad creator
that he shouldn't take their words at heart that they were a bunch of elitist.

So fuck it. Now i am off.

Oh lord, those Dawn comments are fucking gold.

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
How many millian had PoE/Torment after two days?

I was just interested in similar questions. kicktraq says...

Planescape NumaNuma:
day 1: 1500K (funded)
day 2: 2000K

Wasteland 2 was less:
day 1 = 500K
day 2 = 1000K (funded)

Interesting for Wasteland 2 is, that it took almost 10 days from 1 million to 1.5 million. So the momentum has slown remarkeably after 1 million. Currently it looks the same with Bards Tale 4. It has already gone into the slow phase, which means it can take a week until it gets funded. Luckily the huge part is already done.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

Planescape NumaNuma:

Wasteland 2 was less:
day 1 = 500K
day 2 = 1000K (funded)

Interesting for Wasteland 2 is, that it took almost 10 days from 1 million to 1.5 million. So the momentum has slown remarkeably after 1 million. Currently it looks the same with Bards Tale 4. It has already gone into the slow phase, which means it can take a week until it gets funded. Luckily the huge part is already done.

Be aware that Kicktraq is misleading, since it doesn't count time from the launch of the campaign. If the campaign started in the middle of the day, the "first day" will be less than 24 hours of funding.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Upcoming Prototype Footage!

We have some great surprises in store for you over the next month, the biggest of which is in engine footage for Bard's Tale IV. We're feverishly working to clean up a few more things, but it will be ready in the very near future. It's over 3 minutes long and should give you a good sense of what the world will feel like. I hope you are as impressed with it as I am, so look for it this week.
Wait, they moved the prototype video around AGAIN? FFS!

QFv7X7q.jpg

SHOW ME THE VIDEO THEN!

JAG

Novice
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2

Planescape NumaNuma:

Wasteland 2 was less:
day 1 = 500K
day 2 = 1000K (funded)

Be aware that Kicktraq is misleading, since it doesn't count time from the launch of the campaign. If the campaign started in the middle of the day, the "first day" will be less than 24 hours of funding.

For Torment they reached 900k in the first 6 hours, from the first kickstarter update:

"You’ve got to be freaking kidding me!! We just funded in six hours!?!?! "

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
LOL@hyping up the people... "ZOMGOMGOMGOMG THIS IS FUCKING AMAZING!!! THIS IS THE SHIT!!! THE GAMECHANGER!! YOU MUST SEE IT!! MUST SEE!!! ZOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG...."

:kwanzania:

---------- "but you can't see it until tomorrow "

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I will suicide myself if the video doesn't rock

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom