Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Shadowrun: Hong Kong Kickstarter Update #32: Screenshots, Teaser Video, Steam Pre-Order

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Harebrained Schemes; Mitch Gitelman; Shadowrun: Hong Kong

It doesn't feel that long since Shadowrun: Hong Kong was Kickstarted, but we're now entering summer and the game isn't far from release. Today, Harebrained Schemes have finally released some proper screenshots, along with a teaser trailer. The game now has a Steam page, where you can currently pre-order the "Deluxe Edition" for just $20 - a 33% discount on the release price. The Kickstarter update has the details:

Howdy! Mitch here. Is it mid-May already? Time flies when you’re making games. I just pulled my nose out of the project long enough to give you a quick update on our progress.

Shadowrun: Hong Kong is on track for an important milestone at the end of this month: Feature Complete! That’s when the code for all our new features is working in the game. There will still be a little placeholder art remaining for some of the new interfaces we’ve added, but the underlying code works like it’s supposed to and everything will be in the hands of the artists and the designers after that. For the engineers, it’s all bug fixes, tweaks, and polish for the rest of the project!

On a different front, we’re pretty excited because as of today, Shadowrun: Hong Kong has its very own Steam page, complete with our first set of screenshots and a teaser trailer! Take a look!

When you go to our Steam page, you’ll see that the Deluxe Version of Shadowrun: Hong Kong is now available for pre-order at $19.99. (It’ll go for $29.99 once the game launches). The Deluxe Version comes with the original soundtrack and The Art of Shadowrun: Hong Kong PDF. Tell your friends who missed out on our Kickstarter campaign!

And, for our 3 year anniversary, we’re also offering Shadowrun Returns and Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director’s Cut at blowout prices - $2.99 and $4.50!!! This is a great weekend for new people to see what all the fuss has been about.

Yep, that's a Shadowrun game all right. It's looking good, but it's a shame there's no screenshot of the revamped Matrix.

PotatoElemental

Educated
When the theme of Hong Kong started playing, for a sec I was convinced I was listening to the Max Payne soundtrack. Extremely similar first notes.

Really nice look to the new environments, especially the restaurant. All in all happy I backed them from what I've seen so far. If they just take Dragonfall and kick everything up a notch, they will be golden.

Eddas

Learned
So many good games coming out I can barely keep track of everything. A good one to keep me occupied until Torment comes out. And there is Serpent in the Staglands, Underrail, Battle Brothers, Darkest Dungeon, yet to be released.

What a year... :bounce:

Saduj

Arcane
Screens look great. As long as writing doesn't regress much this will definitely be :bounce: worthy.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
These guys should be swimming in moneyz by now. Are they?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Clearly marketing speak like CDP and Witcher 3.

Last edited:

eXalted

Arcane
When the theme of Hong Kong started playing, for a sec I was convinced I was listening to the Max Payne soundtrack. Extremely similar first notes.

Really nice look to the new environments, especially the restaurant. All in all happy I backed them from what I've seen so far. If they just take Dragonfall and kick everything up a notch, they will be golden.

I saw the menu of Max Payne in fornt of my eyes. Nad yes, these Hong Kong environments seem great. I'm hyped!
So many good games coming out I can barely keep track of everything. A good one to keep me occupied until Torment comes out. And there is Serpent in the Staglands, Underrail, Battle Brothers, Darkest Dungeon, yet to be released.

What a year... :bounce:

The incline is strong! :love:

Alfons

Prophet
Guys, how much better was the director's cut compared to Dragonball? Any significant improvements or changes? I started playing it but going through the same story with a few more missions and some minor tweaks just didn't seem worth it.

cfisher2833

Learned
Guys, how much better was the director's cut compared to Dragonball? Any significant improvements or changes? I started playing it but going through the same story with a few more missions and some minor tweaks just didn't seem worth it.

I think there's like two new fully fleshed out sidequests (which are quite good), like three new companion sidequests, and a bunch of little changes. I would imagine it'd be worth playing it again, especially if you roll a completely different character type.

Those pics are fap worthy. Bravo HS!!

almondblight

Arcane
I wonder if they're going to be hurt much by confusion with Shadowrun Chronicles. Most people were probably able to distinguish between the two when Chronicles was Shadowrun Online, but now that it's been renamed to Shadowrun Chronicles it might be difficult for people to figure out which turn-based Shadowrun RPG is the good one (HBS made a point of letting people know they weren't connected to Shadowrun Chronicles during the last kickstarter).

Zeriel

Arcane

Also wanted to ask the Hivemind, has the game difficulty/challenge been improved at all? I tried to play the original title (Dead Man's Switch or whatever) and didn't last more than a few minutes because the basic gameplay fundamentals were so godawful mindless.

The art and visuals are really in my wheelhouse, but the gameplay was hard to stomach. Here's hoping...

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Also wanted to ask the Hivemind, has the game difficulty/challenge been improved at all? I tried to play the original title (Dead Man's Switch or whatever) and didn't last more than a few minutes because the basic gameplay fundamentals were so godawful mindless.

The art and visuals are really in my wheelhouse, but the gameplay was hard to stomach. Here's hoping...

Yes, but you still need to play on Very Hard.

Zeriel

Arcane

Yes, but you still need to play on Very Hard.

Yeah, but is Very Hard very hard now? Before, it felt like "Easy" on other games.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
If Necropolis lives up to hype then Harebrained Schemes could well be the breakout company of the KickStarter gold rush.

They're the only ones that haven't disappointed me yet (I wasn't super impressed with the Returns OC, but it didn't disappoint me) and are stimulating a consistent feeling of pleasant surprise.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Having just got a hold of an original Xbox to play the 'enhanced edition' of Crimson Skies(a fav from the PC), I'd really dig that. Though Mechwarrior also would be good(again the old Xbox was good for MechAssault, which while not a true Mechwarrior game, made me remember just how much I loved the Mechwarrior games('sims' and RTS/tactics versions) in the 90's.

Wizfall

Cipher
Crimson's Skies would be awesome and unlike Mechwarrior the setting would felt much more original (and i'm a Mechwarrior fan).
On the other end if it's not a pure Mechwarrior tactical game but a cRPG Mechwarrior like BattleTech: The Crescent Hawk's Inception...:bounce:

Darkzone

Arcane
I think that there is a mechwarrior tactical multiplayer game, but a true cRPG could be great. They should use the rules from the Mechwarrior RPG. But why would they want to make a action flight simulator? Is there a Crimson Skies RPG? I only heard of a board game. Battletech:TCHI made me to a Battletech fan.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom