Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Witcher 3 10/10 GOTY Review Roundup

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: CD Projekt; The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

The PC version of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt became available for preloading on Steam and GOG today. There's a review embargo on it until the release date, but the PS4 version began getting reviews today. And those reviews are very positive indeed. GameBanshee has thoughtfully provided a roundup so I don't have to:

GameSpot, 10/10.
Kotaku, YES. ("Come for the epic showdown between good and evil; stay for the unicorn sex.")
Game Informer, 9.75/100.
IGN, 9.3/10.
Metro, 9/10.
The Telegraph, 5/5.
AusGamers, 10/10.
GamesRadar, 4/5.
GameReactor UK, 9/10.
Impulse Gamer, 5/5.
Official Playstation Magazine, 4/5.
GameTrailers, 9.8/10.​

Add to that this Eurogamer preview, which calls the game "a masterpiece of world-building". So, bestest AAA RPG evar? We'll know for sure once a representative of Codexia gets his hands on a copy.

Astral Rag

Arcane
giphy.gif

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Does it include a threesome with Triss and Yennefer?

If Yes then 10/10 GOTY D1P etc

If not...

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
You can almost smell the 6 months later apologies about the game being shallow and plain and shite.

SophosTheWise

Cipher
You can almost smell the 6 months later apologies about the game being shallow and plain and shite.
The problem with games journalism is not necessarily the journalists alone, it's also the audience. If a big site gave TW3 a 4.5 they would get flamed hard. Because most gamers only seem to care about journalism when the article is not to their tastes

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Kotaku cons:
"Second half is too easy,frame-rate can affect combat, convoluted interface, some tasteless and weirdly written plot development."

Tasteless plot development? If Kotaku says this, it can only be good.

Too bad you must play as Geralt "the 60yo chive" of Rivera, and that the combat will suck.

Grinning Reaper

Grinning Reaper's comprehensive Witcher 3 Review:

didn't buy it, won't play it, game is hot flaming garbage and I want my money back.

0/10

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Didn't Kotaku announce that they wouldn't publish Day 1 reviews anymore, but focus more on in-depth stories after launch?

Explorerbc

Arcane
We all knew the numbers were gonna be 9/10 long before there was even a release date.

It is the most hyped next-gen AAA rpg, nice graphics, big world etc. The reviews were gonna be positive by default.

Only time game "journos" bash a AAA game is when there is already a big backlash, and they jump on the bandwagon, but CDP is viewed in a positive way by most gamers, so no scandals here.

I'm not saying the game is not good btw.

Crescent Hawk

Cipher
Well if Dragon Age got good reviews why shouldn't this one as well right. I still expect nothing from Cyberpunk, Witcher games are incredibly boring imo. The gritty setting is fine dont care about that too much if the game is solid, but Geralt is bland, combat is a mess.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Better than UnderWorld Ascendant and SotA Combined, confirmed.

10/10 forever and ever pooping back and forth...forever.

Zep--

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom