Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News New Antharion Trailer and Screenshots

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Tags: Antharion; Orphic Software

Orphic Software sent us news about a new trailer released for Antharion (stylized as AntharioN, but this was the first and last time I'll write it that way). Antharion was funded through Kickstarter way back at the end of 2012. In case you need a reminder, it's that pixely party & turn-based, exploration-focused RPG you were probably excited about.

They also posted a few new screenshots on their website.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
It reminds me of Avernum. In both good and bad. I wish it featured a bigger party, walking animation and better sprites. Other than that everything else seems great.

Perkel

Arcane
Don't know anything about it but after that trailer ... it really looks good. I just hope mechanically everything will be ok

karnak

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
It reminds me of Avernum. In both good and bad. I wish it featured a bigger party, walking animation and better sprites. Other than that everything else seems great.
I was thinking the exact same thing!
3 years ago I'd look at those graphics and say blearghhhhh

But, right now, I've been playing Avernum: Escape from the Pit and, and... I can't stop!!

So now I say: step right in, Mr. AntharioN

edit: the playing characters look like they're all high on drugs, though

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Uhm... why does that news entry have the Telepath Tactics trailer?

Edit:
Seems to be fixed. Was that just my browser going mad?

Last edited:

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
This one took them so long that I've written them off as vaporware several times. Each time to be surprised with new trailers, screens and the like. Glad to see them nearly being done with it.

Do wonder how it will play and how much I'll enjoy it. Avernum used to be ugly (I honestly think that the re-remakes look splendid) but had some amazing worldbuilding in the first games. The setting and Vogel's splendid descriptions really brought that underground realm and all its struggles to life for me. If they nail that I'll be very happy.

getter77

Augur
The likes of this and Balrum are definitely among the darkhorse candidates in terms of Kickstarter success stories within the last year or two---but it would definitely be a good thing for the lot of it if each can indeed deliver on their aims and find some measure of sustainable success.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I love the clash between the butt-ugly basic graphics and EPIC MUSIC in that trailer. :M

As for the game, it looks like something I would enjoy, but chances I will actually play it (considering this year has PoE, Serpent in the Staglands and Wild Hunt) are practically zero.

CWagner

Augur
The likes of this and Balrum are definitely among the darkhorse candidates in terms of Kickstarter success stories within the last year or two---but it would definitely be a good thing for the lot of it if each can indeed deliver on their aims and find some measure of sustainable success.

Yeah, they are pretty similar as in both being small kickstarters that are way over time but keep coming up with updates and news and still look to be going strong. IIRC Atharion has no beta so far unlike Balrum, but I'm learning to stay away from those anyway. Really looking forward to both finishing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom