Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Quest for Infamy prequel Roehm to Ruin and new adventure Order of the Thorne, now on Kickstarter

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Infamous Quests; Order of the Thorne: The King's Challenge; Quest for Infamy: Roehm to Ruin; Steven Alexander

Infamous Quests, developers of adventure-RPG Quest for Infamy, have launched a Kickstarter campaign to fund their next two games. One of them is a short prequel to QFI with the puntastic title of Quest for Infamy: Roehm to Ruin. The other is a larger project called Order of the Thorne: The King's Challenge, a King's Quest-like pure adventure game which is intended to be the first in an anthology. Here's the Kickstarter video, featuring Infamous Quests founder and Codex bro Steve "Blackthorne" Alexander, and the project overview:

Infamous Quests are the creators of the well-received point & click Role Playing Adventure Game, Quest For Infamy. In 2012 we rallied together a fantastic number of backers on Kickstarter who made Quest for Infamy a possibility.

Quest for Infamy was once just a dream in the minds of its creators, but thanks to Kickstarter and many of you, it became a reality. It has gone on to be noted as one of IndieDB's Top 100 Indie Games of 2014, as well as one of Time.com's 20 Games to Watch For Summer 2014. Recently, Quest For Infamy took home four AGS Awards - Best Gameplay, Best Puzzles, Best Character and Best Music and Sound.

Now, we're currently working on two new titles, and we need financial support to help complete and polish these two titles.

The Order of the Thorne: The King's Challenge is the first game in an upcoming anthology series from Infamous Quests. Games and stories set within the same land, but with different protagonists and stories in each game. Our first game is about an intrepid bard who embarks on the King's Challenge to save his Queen! Action, adventure and a touch of fairy tale magic take you away on this quest.

The King's Challenge also features fun and interesting puzzle mechanics, including the use of Finn's Lute - and a magical, music based GUI that controls spells to aid you on your quest!

Quest For Infamy: Roehm to Ruin
is a prequel to our acclaimed game, Quest for Infamy. In this game, we find out a little more about where Roehm came from, and how he got himself into the mess that led him to flee to the Valley of Krasna!

Featuring puzzles, stealth, humor, cunning and tricky situations, Roehm to Ruin was born out of an Adventure Game Jam in 2014! Now, Infamous Quests is turning it into a deluxe version, complete with soundtrack and full voice acting.

The campaign has already made its modest goal of $11,225, so it's all gravy from here on out. A mere $5 will net you a copy of Roehm to Ruin when it's released, $10 will get you Order of the Thorne, and the $15 tier gives you both. I'm still not sure how exactly Steve makes due with these budgets, but he's managed it before, so my money is his.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
...And it already reached its goal. Dayum.

EDIT: This is probably the first time I've seen a kickstarter try and fund two games at once, too.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Both "games" are pretty small compared to QfI as Blackthorne has said before so I don't see this as him bitiing off more than he can chew...

Also, now that's it's funded........ WHERE'S MY BOXED EDITION STRETCH GOAL/ADD-ON?!!!!!!!!!!!!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

EDIT: This is probably the first time I've seen a kickstarter try and fund two games at once, too.

Pinkerton Road sort of did that back in 2012.

Aenra

congratulations Blackthorne
that was quick! Hope you get a lot more in the remaining days, am sure it all adds up for the games' quality

Enjoy that new laptop :D

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Both "games" are pretty small compared to QfI as Blackthorne has said before so I don't see this as him bitiing off more than he can chew...

Also, now that's it's funded........ WHERE'S MY BOXED EDITION STRETCH GOAL/ADD-ON?!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you want to torture Blackthorne?

Because that's how you torture Blackthorne. I think you'd need like, at least 100 people willing to pay for it, for it to be a profitable endeavor. I feel you though, Kickstarter boxes can be pretty sweet*.

B2v04TYCUAA6jR2.jpg:large

Pinkerton Road sort of did that back in 2012.

Ah, I see.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This is awesome! Might back if I can spare the money at the moment, will definitely get when they're released cause Quest for Infamy was a good game and the world needs more oldschool adventure games. :salute:

Blackthorne

Infamous Quests
Patron
Developer
Codex 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
That Wasteland 2 box is amazingly sweet!

Boxed copy info coming soon. Should be sweet.

And who knows... we might end up funding three games.

Bt

Weasel

twincast

Learned
Patron
In My Safe Space
Well, I'm certainly looking forward to this royal challenge (edit: and that burning building) more than to the next official quest.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom